- Joined
- Nov 29, 2016
- Messages
- 191
Rep Bank
$915
$915
User Power: 168%
Everyone hates being sold to.
I don't know about you, but when I go to a store and a salesperson approaches me I immediately try to find a way out of the situation.
A sigh followed by a thought in my head that says "Shit, man. Leave me alone" is usually my gut reaction.
Whenever I receive a cold call or a cold email and feel as though someone is trying to sell something to me, I'm out.
I don't want to spend any time speaking to a greedy bastard who just wants to take money from me.
However, there is an exception to when I actually do want to listen.
And that's when I need information, when I need to be educated before I make a decision.
When I need information I go out of my way to talk to a salesperson and ask him as many questions as I can. Gathering this information allows me to make the best possible decision and it gives me full CONTROL over the situation.
The salesperson is not in CONTROL, I AM.
This is kinda how I view sales, my objective is not to sell, it's to educate.
It's to educate potential prospects and clients from a position of authority, because I'M the EXPERT here. I know that my product or service will benefit them, but I'm not going to try to sell them on it, I'm merely going to educate them on how and why it will benefit their lives.
There is nobody out there in the world who does not want their life to get better, our job is to inform them on how they can do it.
I don't know about you, but when I go to a store and a salesperson approaches me I immediately try to find a way out of the situation.
A sigh followed by a thought in my head that says "Shit, man. Leave me alone" is usually my gut reaction.
Whenever I receive a cold call or a cold email and feel as though someone is trying to sell something to me, I'm out.
I don't want to spend any time speaking to a greedy bastard who just wants to take money from me.
However, there is an exception to when I actually do want to listen.
And that's when I need information, when I need to be educated before I make a decision.
When I need information I go out of my way to talk to a salesperson and ask him as many questions as I can. Gathering this information allows me to make the best possible decision and it gives me full CONTROL over the situation.
The salesperson is not in CONTROL, I AM.
This is kinda how I view sales, my objective is not to sell, it's to educate.
It's to educate potential prospects and clients from a position of authority, because I'M the EXPERT here. I know that my product or service will benefit them, but I'm not going to try to sell them on it, I'm merely going to educate them on how and why it will benefit their lives.
There is nobody out there in the world who does not want their life to get better, our job is to inform them on how they can do it.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
