The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why do you guys say that learning and books in general are useless? (STRAWMAN)

Seamster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
May 21, 2019
The Rust Belt; MI
I read some books about creating an app. My idea will be executed and used by millions. However, making a popular app is so much work--which I learned in the books--that the books made me not take action. :frown:

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Wanted to chime in again...

There are some books I've read where I learned absolutely nothing new but had amazing ideas sparked from them.

Sometimes a book will just have information arranged in such a way that my brain picks up on it and connects it to other stuff floating around in the back of my mind and it ignites a spark of creativity and gives me great ideas that often goes on to make me a lot of money.

The value of reading doesn't always just come from the knowledge in those books but often the real value is in the ideas those books give you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Everywhere I look on this forum you people always make it seem like there is no reason to learn anything about business and just get started, but what if I don't know anything about business at all? and don't know the first thing about getting started, where to start, how to start and what to start. saying "just get started" is as dumb as a therapist saying to a depressed person "just be happy".... okay HOW?? How am I supposed to get started not knowing anything? where all of you just born knowing everything about business? I cannot grasp the idea on this forum of "learning is completely useless" why not learn from other people and the knowledge they got from there own experience to help you on your journey along with learning from your own mistakes and experiences? I feel like it would be so much more beneficial for you, but apparently I'm wrong? How do you guys even live your life or survive without reading books? My life was absolutely horrible and unbearable until I started getting into reading, using books I have been able to completely turn my life around and make it so much better, without them I wouldn't be here so I am a little biased when it comes to the discussion of "books are useless". I just don't get it if someone wants to fill me in.
Start with unscripted if you have no clue what to do. The book should give you enough advice on taking action.

Also there are an incredible amount of actionable gold posts to start.

The point is not to avoid reading. The point is to not get distracted by reading. Just read and immediately act on it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.