The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who are some other individuals like MJ and Alex Hormozi?

Guru

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Yes, yes, action-taking is the way to go.

However, in some of my down-times and mundane work periods, I would love to know and consume from genuine and value-providing individuals in the business sector like our MJ DeMarco and Alex Hormozi.

Ideally, the person:
  1. Has results.
  2. Practice what they preach (unlike the *great* Andrew Tate)
  3. Does not have a 1,000,000-dollar seminar to stuff down our throats.
I would nominate Grant Cardone for this list as well. However, some intellectuals may disagree.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

However, in some of my down-times and mundane work periods, I would love to know and consume from genuine and value-providing individuals in the business sector like our MJ DeMarco and Alex Hormozi.

Ideally, the person:
  1. Has results.
I would nominate Grant Cardone for this list as well. However, some intellectuals may disagree.
Plenty of writers blog about business and entrepreneurship on Medium.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 3, 2022

Ideally, the person:
  1. Has results.

Naval Ravikant

Beyond that I can't think of anything.

Some other recommendations are:
  • Pick up a podcast like the knowledge podcast (basically they just take a bunch of hyper successful people and just ask them questions)
or
  • Listen to Audiobooks

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
  • Noah Kagan,
  • Felix Dennis,
  • Richard Koch,
  • Richard Branson,
  • Tim Ferriss (mostly through his interviews with other people).
Not the business sector but a solid inspiration (to a certain extent) to aspire for more in life: David Goggins.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
  • Noah Kagan,
  • Felix Dennis,
Came here to say this

Ben Mallah
Jason Cohen YT interviews
Nathan Barry YT interviews

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
How about that guy who keeps posting radio show episodes here, Kyle Keegan? :) @Kak

I vote to put him on the list!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
How about that guy who keeps posting radio show episodes here, Kyle Keegan? :) @Kak

Haha hell yeah.

I do have almost an episode for every day of an entire year now.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
  • Noah Kagan,
  • Felix Dennis,
  • Richard Koch,
  • Richard Branson,
  • Tim Ferriss (mostly through his interviews with other people).
Not the business sector but a solid inspiration (to a certain extent) to aspire for more in life: David Goggins.

There is another way to see the OP’s ask. During the “downtime” or boring work tasks, instead of filling that gap with more “guru” - how about going deeper into what you already read? Or just being present and planning out your “attack on business”?

And yes, I’m a fan of Goggins because he does the work. I doubt he listens to “gurus” during his “downtime”. Does he even get “downtime” lol?

"Heraclitus, a philosopher born in the Persian Empire back in the fifth century BC, had it right when he wrote about men on the battlefield. “Out of every one hundred men,” he wrote, “ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior…”" (David Goggins, Can't Hurt Me)

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
It may be a personal preference, but I really enjoy the content from Ash Ambirge, the founder of The Middle Finger Project and The Vivette

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Thank you, everyone, for your great responses.

Over the upcoming weeks/months, I will be travelling and doing some tedious lead generation work. During these moments, I will listen to or watch the content that you recommended. I will read through all your great suggestions and learn more about the people mentioned and reply to the comments in order to do you justice.

Last edited:

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Plenty of writers blog about business and entrepreneurship on Medium.

Thanks, Kevin, for your reply.

I agree. Medium is an excellent information-sharing platform. However, it is often difficult for me to differentiate between someone genuine and someone just faking it.

Who do you usually read when you are on Meduim?

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Naval Ravikant

Beyond that I can't think of anything.

Some other recommendations are:
  • Pick up a podcast like the knowledge podcast (basically they just take a bunch of hyper successful people and just ask them questions)
or
  • Listen to Audiobooks
Thanks for the recommendations. I am now about 50% through listening to Naval Ravikant's feature podcast on The Knowledge.

I also listened to his feature on Joe Rogan's podcast.

He seems like a very genuine guy; however, his way of living and philosophy is so drastic from mine that he often sends me into an existential crisis. His book seems cool as well, definitely added to my list.

Would you suggest any other works of him that I should check out?

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands

Thanks for the suggestion!
Haha hell yeah.

I do have almost an episode for every day of an entire year now.
Your radio show is great. I am following on Spotify.

I just finished listening to the "Don't be a clown world clown" and I loved your pragmatic, realistic and - occasionally - contrarian viewpoints. Also, the episode podcast made me realise the world isn't as bad as mainstream news makes it out to be...

Currently started listening to your newest one about Win-win or zero-sum in entrepreneurship.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 3, 2022
Thanks for the recommendations. I am now about 50% through listening to Naval Ravikant's feature podcast on The Knowledge.

I also listened to his feature on Joe Rogan's podcast.

He seems like a very genuine guy; however, his way of living and philosophy is so drastic from mine that he often sends me into an existential crisis. His book seems cool as well, definitely added to my list.

Would you suggest any other works of him that I should check out?
I found the How to Get Rich by Naval to be insightful.
Another option would be to find convention talks by billionares like Richard Branson,Elon,or Peter Thiel.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Thanks, Kevin, for your reply.

I agree. Medium is an excellent information-sharing platform. However, it is often difficult for me to differentiate between someone genuine and someone just faking it.

Who do you usually read when you are on Meduim?
It is really about the quality of the reflections rather than hard evidence that the writer is already successful.

Someone could write about what he has learnt in the past three years about scaling a business, which eventually failed.

Anyone who tried enough in life and did a serious review on that experience is worthy of our time.

It is very hard to fake an experience and writing a comprehensive review on that. But most don’t, since fakers tend to fake on what they have, but not what they went through.

Another high quality channel on youtube is MicroConf. It is saas focused but I think there are concepts or business strategies that could be universally valuable.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
I found the How to Get Rich by Naval to be insightful.
Another option would be to find convention talks by billionares like Richard Branson,Elon,or Peter Thiel.

Thank you, I have added it to my reading list. I think it will take a few months before, I get back to you with the update on it.

Thanks for the other advice as well!

It is really about the quality of the reflections rather than hard evidence that the writer is already successful.

Someone could write about what he has learnt in the past three years about scaling a business, which eventually failed.

Anyone who tried enough in life and did a serious review on that experience is worthy of our time.

It is very hard to fake an experience and writing a comprehensive review on that. But most don’t, since fakers tend to fake on what they have, but not what they went through.

Another high quality channel on youtube is MicroConf. It is saas focused but I think there are concepts or business strategies that could be universally valuable.
True, that is a very insightful remark.

I will have a look at MicroConf. Thanks for the suggestion.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Noah Kagan
I just listened to his podcast for about 1-2 hours while working on some lead gen.

Very fascinating, high-energy guy. At the end of the day, it seems to me that most high-net-worth individuals distinguish themselves from the commoners through their heavily value-providing mindset and willingness to take action/do the boring work.

Red.P-901

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 30, 2022

Ideally, the person:
  1. Has results.
Felix Dennis

designto100K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Sep 1, 2022
What about Sam Parr?

I've read almost all of his articles and interviews. His podcast with Shaan, my first million, is also interesting.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Andy frisella