The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

_Denis_S

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 19, 2019
Switzerland
Hello Everyone, I actually joined this forum a long time ago but wasn't very active (yet).
My Name is Denis, I am 29 years old and I'm from Switzerland. I just started a new business as an online coach.
This is actually my second attempt to break free from the rat race, but this time there is much more emotional investment behind it.

I've always been someone that wanted more out of life than mediocrity. Probably that's also the reason why I'm a huge fan of MJ's material.
But there was actually one thing that was a huge disadvantage for me: I was too invested in my success and attached my whole self-worth in my outcomes. That mentality has brought me far but the destination of the path was definitely not where I wanted to go.
After building an unsuccessful company, overworking myself completely and losing a looot of money I hade a burnout/mental breakdown that was followed by a severe depression.

As you probably can imagine, I've always been a huge fan of courses, books and seminars in personal development, Business, Psychology, NLP and autobiographies of amazing people. But actually, Nothing of this knowledge could really help me in my situation.
After overcoming the probably worst time of my life, I became very passionate about helping other people in this situation and decided to rmake it my new mission to help overworked people deal with burnout and avoid burnout, without having to rely on medication.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timea Szabo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 20, 2020
London
Hi Denis and welcome!
Great to hear that you overcame the worst time in your life, and that you used a negative situation to build a positive outcome (helping other people). Mental health problems such as depression are so common now-a-days, so it is great to see someone taking a step to combat these issues without the use of drugs.
Just out of interest, where you said "But actually, nothing of this knowledge could really help me in my situation. " Was there reasoning behind this? Did the courses, books and seminars in personal development, etc not help to somewhat overcome your depression and help to emotionally motivate you to build your self up again?

_Denis_S

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 19, 2019
Switzerland
Hi Denis and welcome!
Great to hear that you overcame the worst time in your life, and that you used a negative situation to build a positive outcome (helping other people). Mental health problems such as depression are so common now-a-days, so it is great to see someone taking a step to combat these issues without the use of drugs.
Just out of interest, where you said "But actually, nothing of this knowledge could really help me in my situation. " Was there reasoning behind this? Did the courses, books and seminars in personal development, etc not help to somewhat overcome your depression and help to emotionally motivate you to build your self up again?

@Timea Szabo Sorry that I didn't reply you yet!
No they unfortunately did not help me, because I did all those courses from a place of "self-hate" so to say... Instead of adressing my issues directly, find peace with them, and start from that foundation.

Joseph1986

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2020
Canada
While reading this post, it's like I went back to the past. Everything from an unsuccessful company, losing a lot of money and depression after, it was me a few years ago. It took a long time to come back to normal, but after I recovered, I developed a passion for various activities, especially humanitarian actions. I found myself enjoying helping other people and sharing my experience on different forums and communities. I'm not a life coach by any means, but helping other people brings me peace and a healthy mindset, so I'm glad that there are people like you who also care about others.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...