The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

_Denis_S

New Contributor
Oct 19, 2019
Switzerland
Hello Everyone, I actually joined this forum a long time ago but wasn't very active (yet).
My Name is Denis, I am 29 years old and I'm from Switzerland. I just started a new business as an online coach.
This is actually my second attempt to break free from the rat race, but this time there is much more emotional investment behind it.

I've always been someone that wanted more out of life than mediocrity. Probably that's also the reason why I'm a huge fan of MJ's material.
But there was actually one thing that was a huge disadvantage for me: I was too invested in my success and attached my whole self-worth in my outcomes. That mentality has brought me far but the destination of the path was definitely not where I wanted to go.
After building an unsuccessful company, overworking myself completely and losing a looot of money I hade a burnout/mental breakdown that was followed by a severe depression.

As you probably can imagine, I've always been a huge fan of courses, books and seminars in personal development, Business, Psychology, NLP and autobiographies of amazing people. But actually, Nothing of this knowledge could really help me in my situation.
After overcoming the probably worst time of my life, I became very passionate about helping other people in this situation and decided to rmake it my new mission to help overworked people deal with burnout and avoid burnout, without having to rely on medication.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Timea Szabo

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 20, 2020
London
Hi Denis and welcome!
Great to hear that you overcame the worst time in your life, and that you used a negative situation to build a positive outcome (helping other people). Mental health problems such as depression are so common now-a-days, so it is great to see someone taking a step to combat these issues without the use of drugs.
Just out of interest, where you said "But actually, nothing of this knowledge could really help me in my situation. " Was there reasoning behind this? Did the courses, books and seminars in personal development, etc not help to somewhat overcome your depression and help to emotionally motivate you to build your self up again?

OP
OP
_Denis_S

_Denis_S

New Contributor
Oct 19, 2019
Switzerland
Hi Denis and welcome!
Great to hear that you overcame the worst time in your life, and that you used a negative situation to build a positive outcome (helping other people). Mental health problems such as depression are so common now-a-days, so it is great to see someone taking a step to combat these issues without the use of drugs.
Just out of interest, where you said "But actually, nothing of this knowledge could really help me in my situation. " Was there reasoning behind this? Did the courses, books and seminars in personal development, etc not help to somewhat overcome your depression and help to emotionally motivate you to build your self up again?
@Timea Szabo Sorry that I didn't reply you yet!
No they unfortunately did not help me, because I did all those courses from a place of "self-hate" so to say... Instead of adressing my issues directly, find peace with them, and start from that foundation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock