The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which phones do you own?

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
I am using an LG V10 at the moment, but I one of my other phones is a Galaxy S5 and a S5280 for testing.
I also have a Doogee DG310.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
An old iPhone 5S.

Daniel.

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Sep 27, 2017
Long Beach, California
I also own the V10, it's a great phone.

The new V30 is powerful but I don't like how they removed the volume controls from the back of the phone and placed them on the side.

As far as phones, I believe LG has been the most innovative in recent launches. Their knock feature is such a convenience, love it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have the new Google Pixel 2 and I am obsessed with it. I also just bought the new Pixel Chromebook, which I also love. (Hope MJ doesn't see this as I am drinking DEEPLY from the Google Creme.

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
Alcatel A2 XL, it was £60 brand new. I do nothing to prove the tight-fisted Scotsman stereotype wrong ;). Its android, allows me to get all the messaging apps I need.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
iPhone 5 for when I'm out on the street since phone snatching is common here.
LG G5 (data only SIM) for when I'm inside.

Having a phone with decent battery life is the most important thing for me. I hate having my phone die on me.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
I have the new Google Pixel 2 and I am obsessed with it. I also just bought the new Pixel Chromebook, which I also love. (Hope MJ doesn't see this as I am drinking DEEPLY from the Google Creme.
Why should he not see this? Does he not like Google/Android?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
He 100% is.
I see.
It just did not make the impression because the circle in your profile picture looks really different and he uses his real name in his username. (subconscious psychology?)

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I see.
It just did not make the impression because the circle in your profile picture looks really different and he uses his real name in his username. (subconscious psychology?)

He's just messing with you. What he means with big brother is this: Big Brother (Nineteen Eighty-Four) - Wikipedia

Ontopic: Pixel 2. Most expensive phone ever bought, but no regrets.

More than a year ago, I bought a 2nd hand Nexus 6P for €350. Even it was too big, I really liked it. But after one year the battery was a disaster. It was still in guarantee, so I brought it back to repair.

They must have broken something, because they couldn't redeliver the phone. They had to pay me back the value of the phone, which was... €570.

Made €220 for using a phone for a year :happy:

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
He's just messing with you. What he means with big brother is this: Big Brother (Nineteen Eighty-Four) - Wikipedia

Ontopic: Pixel 2. Most expensive phone ever bought, but no regrets.

More than a year ago, I bought a 2nd hand Nexus 6P for €350. Even it was too big, I really liked it. But after one year the battery was a disaster. It was still in guarantee, so I brought it back to repair.

They must have broken something, because they couldn't redeliver the phone. They had to pay me back the value of the phone, which was... €570.

Made €220 for using a phone for a year :happy:
I see, thank you for explaining.

@Vigilante Your profile picture reminds me to NCS (NoCopyrightSounds).

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
iPhone SE - same reasons as mentioned above, small phone, higher specs - not flashy, very functional - perfect.

Guus B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 3, 2015
The Netherlands
Xiaomi Redmi 4x

Perfect for every reason:
- cheap (148$)
- Insane specs (5", dual sim, 3G ROM 32G RAM, fingerprint sensor, 2 days battery, great camera, business look & feel)

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
An old iPhone 3GS.
View attachment 18097
Been going for 8 years strong, although I get the feeling this is the year it'll finally give in, lol.

Dude, it's time.

Those things were slow even when they were new.

You can get an iphone 4s for $30-40 on eBay.

You can get an iphone 5 for $50-70 on eBay.

Either of these would be huge upgrades.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I am drinking DEEPLY from the Google Creme.

I have the precursor to the Pixel - the Google Nexus. Specifically the 5x.

Honestly, it would take a LOT for me to get off the Google environment. I love it SO MUCH. Everything is easier when you "give in" and let Google just do and manage everything.

As scary as it sounds (because it IS scary) the more freedom I give up to Google, the better my experience is and the easier everything becomes.

- Google maps
- Google drive
- Google contacts
- Google photos
- Google calendar
- Google chrome
- Google chromecast
- Google assistant (don't even know if it has a name but the all-seeing-eye and actions it performs based on context)
- Likely a million more I didn't even mention

Everything just works so damn smoothly together. It requires you to sign your life away to them, of course, but everything becomes so effortless once you do. They have strong, deep roots in just about everything I do technology-wise these days.

I can take a photo of a receipt on my phone, it gets automatically backed up online, google recognizes it as a receipt and asks me if I'd like to archive it with similar photos to save phone space, and when I do a search for "receipt" google's image recognition pulls literally all of them in front of me to review. If I search for "happy faces" I get every photo I've taken of people smiling. I can search "food" and get all my food pics. The recognition is amazing and I don't have to label anything for them to do this.

Google tells me what the traffic is like at the times I'm normally on the road. They'll show real time traffic data from other google users to help me avoid delays. They know I'm at the restaurant I'm at and asks me if I want to share photos for others to see (or I can see photos of the places I look up before I even go there).

When I book a flight google adds it to the things they track and tells me it's an upcoming plan. It will pull in tall the flight information from the airlines and show me delays / on time / booking numbers / etc... It will offer hotels to stay at. It will beep at me saying that I need to leave at x time based on traffic to make my flight on time.

I access all my work files world-wide from any device since it's all on google drive. And highly searchable if I lose anything. If I delete something that's shared I get a warning saying that it will no longer be shared. This has saved my a$$ quite a few times.

I don't know if Apple products or other options do any of this but at this point I just don't care. Google has my life by the balls and if I'm being honest it feels kind of good. It genuinely seems like every time I give up a bit of privacy I get a ton of functionality in return.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have the precursor to the Pixel - the Google Nexus. Specifically the 5x.

Honestly, it would take a LOT for me to get off the Google environment. I love it SO MUCH. Everything is easier when you "give in" and let Google just do and manage everything.

As scary as it sounds (because it IS scary) the more freedom I give up to Google, the better my experience is and the easier everything becomes.

- Google maps
- Google drive
- Google contacts
- Google photos
- Google calendar
- Google chrome
- Google chromecast
- Google assistant (don't even know if it has a name but the all-seeing-eye and actions it performs based on context)
- Likely a million more I didn't even mention

Everything just works so damn smoothly together. It requires you to sign your life away to them, of course, but everything becomes so effortless once you do. They have strong, deep roots in just about everything I do technology-wise these days.

I can take a photo of a receipt on my phone, it gets automatically backed up online, google recognizes it as a receipt and asks me if I'd like to archive it with similar photos to save phone space, and when I do a search for "receipt" google's image recognition pulls literally all of them in front of me to review. If I search for "happy faces" I get every photo I've taken of people smiling. I can search "food" and get all my food pics. The recognition is amazing and I don't have to label anything for them to do this.

Google tells me what the traffic is like at the times I'm normally on the road. They'll show real time traffic data from other google users to help me avoid delays. They know I'm at the restaurant I'm at and asks me if I want to share photos for others to see (or I can see photos of the places I look up before I even go there).

When I book a flight google adds it to the things they track and tells me it's an upcoming plan. It will pull in tall the flight information from the airlines and show me delays / on time / booking numbers / etc... It will offer hotels to stay at. It will beep at me saying that I need to leave at x time based on traffic to make my flight on time.

I access all my work files world-wide from any device since it's all on google drive. And highly searchable if I lose anything. If I delete something that's shared I get a warning saying that it will no longer be shared. This has saved my a$$ quite a few times.

I don't know if Apple products or other options do any of this but at this point I just don't care. Google has my life by the balls and if I'm being honest it feels kind of good. It genuinely seems like every time I give up a bit of privacy I get a ton of functionality in return.

Love.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I don't know if Apple products..
Apple does everything you listed.

I have the iPhone X. Best. Phone. Ever!

The best phone for an entrepreneur. :cool:

ClQdkv1.png

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
All of my phones for the past 8 years have been corporate issues so I haven't owned my own phone since 2010. It was a Motorola Krzr, which at the time was the cat's meow of flip phones. ATM I have a corporately issued Samsung Galaxy S7 which I love. Fast, functional, and pretty.
I will have to bite the bullet soon and get a personal phone. I won't be able to manage a side business without it.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I picked up the Pixel (the original) last year after having the Samsung Galaxy S3 for about 5 years (custom lightweight ROM installed is the only way it worked well for that long). I refuse to pay "new phone" prices so I'll work with the 2nd to last releases. I got my Pixel for $120 on special for Black Friday last year I think... good times.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.