The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which job should I choose?

TimoS.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 10, 2022
Hello my name is Timo, I am 17 years old and in 5 months i have finished my Abitur (german equivalent to High School diplom)

For the past year I was focused entirely on my self development and changed many aspects of my life for the better. I started going to the gym, studying more, reading non fiction books, etc...

A few months ago stumbeled across MJ DeMarco's books MFL and Unscripted . Both really opened my eyes and changed my plans for the future. Especially this forum also helped me to better understand the concept of a Productorcracy.

My current plans for after graduation are to find a job to get important work experience and to continue my education. Now I'm just wondering which job to choose. I live in a small town and job opportunities are limited here. I think it is not super clever to look for a job just for the sake of earning money. I have the options to work part time for 450 euro per month or work full time for a few months, probably in a factory, for 2000 euro per month.

I have not yet chosen an exact part-time job, but I think that I still could gain more important work experience there than in a factory. The advantage of the factory job would be that I could get more money relatively quickly and would be in a better financial position but I would have less free time to further my education. The advantage of the factory job would be that I could buy a better car and get more capital

How would you act if you were in my position? More experience or more money?

While writing, I realized that experience is actually more important than money and brings me more in the long run. Nevertheless, I would be interested in your opinion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello my name is Timo, I am 17 years old and in 5 months i have finished my Abitur (german equivalent to High School diplom)

For the past year I was focused entirely on my self development and changed many aspects of my life for the better. I started going to the gym, studying more, reading non fiction books, etc...

A few months ago stumbeled across MJ DeMarco's books MFL and Unscripted . Both really opened my eyes and changed my plans for the future. Especially this forum also helped me to better understand the concept of a Productorcracy.

My current plans for after graduation are to find a job to get important work experience and to continue my education. Now I'm just wondering which job to choose. I live in a small town and job opportunities are limited here. I think it is not super clever to look for a job just for the sake of earning money. I have the options to work part time for 450 euro per month or work full time for a few months, probably in a factory, for 2000 euro per month.

I have not yet chosen an exact part-time job, but I think that I still could gain more important work experience there than in a factory. The advantage of the factory job would be that I could get more money relatively quickly and would be in a better financial position but I would have less free time to further my education. The advantage of the factory job would be that I could buy a better car and get more capital

While writing, I realized that experience is actually more important than money and brings me more in the long run. Nevertheless, I would be interested in your opinion
Why are you discounting factory experience as not relevant? They are experience as well and could be valuable for future business use.

Oppiaceo209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 24, 2023

i really envy you, at your age i used to work in a fastfood full time for 650 euros, in germany you have really great opportunies.
About the jobs choiche, you are a young man, the job experience doesnt really matter, if you want to try what does it mean to work a 9-5 manual job to really get what you dont want to do in your life, go for the factory.
If you want to have more time for learning, or maybe go to the gym or stay with your friends or family, choose the part time one.
But remember, if you grind hard early, you obtain what you want early.

TimoS.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 10, 2022
Why are you discounting factory experience as not relevant? They are experience as well and could be valuable for future business use.
Of course you are right but I still think that there is a big difference between the experiences. In the part time job I would spend my wokr time around people and could improve my social skills. In the factory I would work aimlessly for 8 hours

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Of course you are right but I still think that there is a big difference between the experiences. In the part time job I would spend my wokr time around people and could improve my social skills. In the factory I would work aimlessly for 8 hours
What is your part time job?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...