• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Which fastlaners do you follow on Twitter?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by wordwarrior, Mar 1, 2019.

1. wordwarrior

wordwarrior Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $541
    The dark side of social media is well known and well documented. However, there is a tremendous positive side as well, at least on Twitter.

There are highly successful people out there who motivate and share good advice. First and foremost in this list is obviously @MJDeMarco.

Here are some of the accounts that I currently follow:

@Johnny_Uzan
    @JamesClear
    @david_perell

As well as many more.

These accounts are chalk full of informative and motivational advice and keep the political rants either to a tolerable minimum or omit them entirely.

Who do you follow?

Frank H. likes this.
  2. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Done Dicking Around Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,981
    I'm not on Twitter.

SMH and TonyStark like this.
  3. c.dream87

c.dream87 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $134
    I'm on twitter for a year, but it never occurred to me to follow the fastlaners

4. Dennis Kaiyer

Dennis Kaiyer New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $76
    @taipeimarketing is mine but it's mostly just useful articles and videos about online business and marketing.

5. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,480
  6. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $187,938
    Thanks @Sanj Modha.

Are you tagging me because I need to see the thread, to do some of that moderator stuff, or because you follow me on Twitter?

I don’t log into Twitter. Or Instagram. Or LinkedIn. I find those platforms too noisy, and the signal to noise ratio too poor.

Frank H., Mattie and Roz like this.
  7. John F.

John F. Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $486
    Twitter is a great platform if you can manage to curate your feed to what you are looking for. Noise on Twitter can be kept to a bare minimum with little to no effort. All comments can be ignored. I use it as a news feed and it works fantastic. It's not as chaotic as people think. Just spend some time understanding how it can be used the way you want it.

I follow scientists working on anti-aging/longevity and sleep science. It helps to keep me up to date on the latest information in the field I am working my way into.

Here are just a couple:
    @sleepdiplomat (sleep scientist)
    @foundmyfitness (knows tons of shit)
    @davidasinclair (aging/longevity)

All have fastlane businesses, they just work their tales off on massive life changing causes.

Frank H., wordwarrior and Andy Black like this.
  8. wordwarrior

wordwarrior Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $541
    Exactly! This is precisely what makes Twitter so usable, but only if you use it right. Twitter used badly is getting into stupid arguments over politics with people you've never met. Twitter used right is a fantastic portal for the very best and most informative content and people the internet has to offer.

I created a second Twitter account (@fastlanersonly) just to follow Fastlaners only and ignore the other stuff. What I want is to get a quick dose of the good stuff without getting riled up over politics or current events.

My main Twitter account, under my real name, still has a lot of political, tech, and real life friend accounts. Since I took a break from my first Twitter account to read Millionaire Fastlane, Unscripted, and other books during my commute, I discovered that my mental health started improving. Yes, I give MJ some of the credit for that :) Still, it's mostly ignoring the political/news stuff that used to get me agitated.

Frank H. likes this.
  9. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,378
    Twitter is a cesspool. Far too much anger, resentment, and victim mentality on that platform. Fastlaners should avoid it at all costs. If you must be on it, hire a VA to handle it.

I started to use it to promote my YouTube channel, and didn't find much value in it relative to the amount of disgust I felt every time I logged in.

I follow @Fox, @Lex DeVille and I think @masterneme as well, all on YouTube.

10. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $84,416
    Ha ya I have all but quit. Too much politics and nonsense.

11. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $29,653
    This seems to be the consensus. Fortunately, it numbs your brain cells. I get bored with Twitter. I have an account but rarely go there. I was going to check out google plus, but than I thought I saw they were changing some stuff.

12. Smuggo

Smuggo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $672
    I follow most of fastlaners that I find helpful here. No need to use this short-good-for-nothing-with-anger twitter.

lowtek and Andy Black like this.
  13. Sanj Modha

Rep Bank:
    $15,480
    My bad, I read this as who do you follow on the FLF.

14. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $187,938
    I don’t use Twitter. I follow quite a few folks in TFLF. You can check out my profile and see who I follow. Partly it’s so I have a handle on what’s happening in the forum ... because those folks seem sensible and would like or react to posts.

15. Sanj Modha

Rep Bank:
    $15,480
    You are the wind beneath my wings. I go where you go ;)

Andy Black likes this.
  16. EnvisionEd

EnvisionEd Education Revolutionary Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $208
    I only follow MJ on Twitter. I try to retweet as much of his posts as I can to help spread the word further about the forum.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.