The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When to switch ideas?

Idea threads

Kalera

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I started my first progress thread on the creation of my first fastlane business. Progress is going slower than I anticipated, but I'm pushing through it.

The problem I'm dealing with right now is; that while I was working on the business, I had an idea that would be a true game changer in another industry.

I don't want to be the guy that jumps from one idea to the next without finishing it so I don't know if I should switch or not.

Except for my time, there has been little monetary investment in the business I'm working on right now, and I believe the market for the new idea is much bigger. I also have all the tools I need to manufacture a prototype, I would just need to invest my time in it.

To put it simple, the new idea looks much more promising, and I have a lot more experience in that industry and confidence in myself that I can pull it off. Although the hurdles with the current business might have a mental effect on that confidence.

What do you all think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
The money, effort, and time you've put in the current business are sunk costs. Disregard them.

Now, you need to figure out the opportunity costs and potential of both businesses.

Ideally, you need to find an intelligent, objective, and honest person to discuss both ideas with. Discuss the pros and cons of both ideas. A smart friend, coach, mentor, or mastermind group would be ideal.

They'll help you see through your own BS, biases, and logical fallacies.

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
If the new idea has a greater potential, then it's a no-brainer. A few weeks is nothing. Would be a different story if you had spent a year and were just starting to build momentum and would have to start all over.

Kalera

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 14, 2019
The money, effort, and time you've put in the current business are sunk costs. Disregard them.

Now, you need to figure out the opportunity costs and potential of both businesses.

Ideally, you need to find an intelligent, objective, and honest person to discuss both ideas with. Discuss the pros and cons of both ideas. A smart friend, coach, mentor, or mastermind group would be ideal.

They'll help you see through your own BS, biases, and logical fallacies.
Thanks, I'm going to do that!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.