The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's a good audiobook for a 13 yo?

SenorApples

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 9, 2018
My nephew wants to become an entrepreneur!! :D

What's a good audiobook for a 13 yo to get them started?

What niche is good for them? I would think something along the lines of drop shipped ecommerce or probably building a brand on SM. like the book Crushing It explains in detail.

I would think that crushing it book second.. but what would be a good starter audio book for a 13 with zero knowledge regarding that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
If this 13yo doesn't yet have his sh*t in order, a good starting point would be Success For Teens (from the Success Foundation).

It's not a book on entrepreneurship and doesn't teach any Fastlane lessons.

Rather, using stories and examples, it teaches teens to become aware of the consequences of their choices and actions, both positive and negative. The overall message is you have full control over your life, that your choices and actions today will determine your life tomorrow, and that you're ultimately are responsible.

After this (or if this person has his/her life sh*t in order already), then, personally, I'd go ahead and give the full Fastlane dose: The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED ... but I'll actually spend time and study the books with him.

Last edited:

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Instead of books why not just give him a list of entrepreneur movies and documentaries? Hardly any 13 year old will concentrate long enough to read a book.

SenorApples

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 9, 2018
If this 13yo doesn't yet have his sh*t in order, a good starting point would be Success For Teens (from the Success Foundation).

It's not a book on entrepreneurship and doesn't teach any Fastlane lessons.

Rather, using stories and examples, it teaches teens to become aware of the consequences of their choices and actions, both positive and negative. The overall message is you have full control over your life, that your choices and actions today will determine your life tomorrow, and that you're ultimately are responsible.

After this (or if this person has his/her life sh*t in order already), then, personally, I'd go ahead and give the full Fastlane dose: The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED ... but I'll actually spend time and study the books with him.

Thanks for the info. What niche do you think would be good for them? Right now he has zero knowledge about being an entrepreneur. I was thinking something along the lines of drop shipped ecommerce or probably building a brand on SM. like the book Crushing It explains in detail. What do you think?

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Don't force it on him. For the best result, I think you should let him discover TMF /Unscripted on his own.

What I'd do, is find a way to get him interested in self-learning and make sure he has a way to use the internet without the fear of someone seeing his search history.

So, grow his curiosity, let him fulfill his curiosity online, and he will naturally become more open-minded. Then, his open-mindedness will make him realize there might be a way of life other than the 9-5 one, and he'll become interested in entrepreneurship. When he becomes interested in entrepreneurship, he'll probably choose to buy TMF because it aligns with his views more than any other entrepreneur book.

Don't undervalue the part about making him curious about life. It's crucial.

Of course, it might also lead to him having existential anxiety and stuff, but that's the price you must pay if you want to red pill your nephew.

You can't just feed a blue piller the red pill. They won't take it. Baby steps.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
The fact that he's 13 and wants to be an entrepreneur is amazing. If he starts learning now he will be way ahead of the game, I wish I had his thinking when I was younger. Here are some books recommendations that I think he could really learn alot from

The millionaire fast lane

Unscripted

The entrepreneur mind

The lean startup

One simple idea

All these books are entrepreneurship based. Maybe even get him to join a forum like this one where there are like minded people? He will be able to pick up a lot of ideas and he will learn a lot in the process.

One thing though I just noticed is there will be a lot of conflicting information so you might have to help him filter it. For example a lot of people say follow your passion but you would have to tell him that's not the right thing to do and why it's not.

Jeff InfoPreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Jan 3, 2014
The way I got my kids listening to top advice is podcasts...my kids won't pick up a book anymore, and frankly the information in most books is outdated by the time it hits the web/store - they understand vlogs and podcasts so hook them up with a couple of top vloggers and podcasters and have them commit to listening daily for a week. They may not connect with the first, second or third, but eventually they will connect with one that "talks their language" and once they connect...look out!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.