What's new

Ebook Scaling - second edition and audiobook

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Tossek

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
May 5, 2019
Messages
116
Location
Germany
Rep Bank
$640
User Power: 120%
Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with finding the right path of how to deal with the second edition of an ebook.

I mean in a way it is like with any product, bring it to the open field, test it, get responses, adapt, improve, repeat. I would like to go second edition with my ebook and then bring it into an audiobook. However, the platforms themselves are a hurdle for going on. Personally, I think that the audiobook is better suitable for my target audience (young adults) and sales would benefit.

Topics that rise are:
1) New edition implemtation by deleting the old one and then bring up the new one. I feel that I lose all my reviews in this way. Is there a chance to carry them over or do I have to start from scratch?
2) Audiobook seems a big hurdle for me here in Germany. ACX is not direct accessable, for sure I have to use a distributor. Benefit: I can get this than to itunes and spotify and soon but most of them do not have the opportunity to share royalties and want upfront cash. I highly doubt that I would get this cash back since the sells are very limited so far and I have little experience ...
3) ... however I bought a good (not high fidelity but good) microphone and would be able to somehow manage to put up my own amateur booth and record own files. This would give everything my personal vibe and might boost the sells - or they hate my voice :) I dont know.

Any suggestions on any of those three points would be highly appreciated!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom