The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What wins did you have last week? What would make this week a win?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I don't know, I didn't see a "no struggling people allowed" sign.

I do find it interesting how some of you end up even more consumed by the shackles of capitalism, ironically in your efforts to escape it.

Now allow me to kiss your shoes, Your Majesty.
You're funny, oh guy who doesn't struggle with your life. You wouldn't want to kiss my boots. They are covered with dirt and scars, earned from lots and lots of work I put in over the years. And my journey has been a privilege rather than a burden.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
You're funny, oh guy who doesn't struggle with your life. You wouldn't want to kiss my boots. They are covered with dirt and scars, earned from lots and lots of work I put in over the years. And my journey has been a privilege rather than a burden.
Man, I wish I was a stud like you.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Man, I wish I was a stud like you.
I don't exactly think of myself as a "stud" since I'm a woman. But, it's an interesting image for female senior citizen.

What are you working on in your life? What are your challenges? You said in your earlier posts that it's enough for you to be alive. Is that really how you feel? (One cell life forms are also alive. So are people in vegetative states.) I'm glad to be alive too, but that's a baseline concept. What about quality of life issues?

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
  1. What wins did you have last week?
  2. What would make this week a win?
Thank you for asking this question. Somehow I had missed this thread until now, but reading through it just now felt really good. Lately, I've noticed the power of focusing on what's going right as a mechanism to help myself feel better about life in general. In a season where I just have small wins, I can either let the wins get drowned out by the losses, or I can highlight the wins and realize that things aren't so dire as I perceived them to be.

Wins last week:
- A client told me that I had done a good job and they enjoyed working with me. This was a win because I had struggled with client communication in the past, and this time I made it a specific focus with this client to communicate better. Seems to be working, so I will keep implementing this kind of communication with all clients. This client gave me a new project that will cover my expenses for next month, so hooray!

- Someone reached out to me on LinkedIn out of the blue and offered to introduce me to several high-value connections who might need to hire a writer. This guy was a former coworker from a few years back. I thought he was very impressive and shouldn't have been fired, and after it happened, I reached out to offer my condolences and let him know I wished him the best. That's all. Super small gesture. Now, he's doing some really cool work with some really cool-sounding people, and he's inviting me to connect with some of his colleagues. Not sure what it might lead to, but I'm grateful for the gift.

What would make this week a win:

- Get my photography session on the calendar for my e-commerce product instead of letting this get pushed indefinitely into the future
- Come up with a killer headline and subhead for a client's website copy. The rest of the copy is done, but the headline still needs some work.
- Use my morning hours, not my evening hours, to get my work done this week.

My win this week was not dying.

My win next week would be not dying.

I've been winning for 1202 weeks straight.
Hang in there. Keep moving forward. Be very kind to yourself. And if you can, try to catch yourself in the act of having a good time.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Hang in there. Keep moving forward. Be very kind to yourself. And if you can, try to catch yourself in the act of having a good time.

I appreciate your empathy, @Bekit, but I am actually doing well.

A few months ago I was barely surviving financially, now I make a decent amount from something I love doing for 2-3 hours per day. That's pretty fastlane for me.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Andy thanks for the thread, it makes me think about my journey a bit in a positive way.

last week:
(I know, its a entrepreneural forum, but I ll include my "job", too, if its allowed.)
- my customers in my job are loyal and so I can see optimistic into the following years. But one of them has made clear, that - hard to describe...) I think it was a FU moment, which drives me crazy. When I d be 300 years younger, I d put 100 % effort into fastline and not one thing else)
enough rant

- after some hours spending on stock recherche, I raised my play stock portfolio about 40 % in 4 days on paper. A new and inspiring feeling! More than I make in a month of work.

- a school friend, who had to end a business some years ago because of health problems offered me his inventar, domain, brand... just for getting started. I believe thats a big win for me, as I get his know how, too.

next week :
- the stock paper wins hopefilly transform into real wins by selling the stocks

- working on transforming our (son and me) motobike homepage into an income stream by adding affiliate links

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
W/C 25-Jan-21

Last week: Reached $1k MRR for inboundmarketeer.

This week: Get the Wordpress site on the root domain.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Win last week:

- Did the presentation, was what I'd call a success. Got some leads (that is, phone calls) out of it and grew my list by over 100. Wow!
- Ecom business: kept 1 sale/day, even though PPC drove most of it

Wins for this week:

- Ecom biz: relaunch the FB/IG centered product & see how well it performs. Otherwise, if we can keep the sales momentum going then that would be a win. No reviews on the Amazon product yet though.
- Agency: if one of these leads turns into a client that would be a BIG win; otherwise, will want to set up the specifics for next month's event (which will be done jointly with a strategic partner)
- Idea: turn last presentation into content somehow? Maybe I'll edit it and upload it to Youtube or something, I don't know.

My list is growing fast. I don't know what to do with it. I don't really know what to write them or what to offer. They seem largely uninterested in getting on a call with me, so I'm wondering if there's any other forms of value that I can provide.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
turn last presentation into content somehow? Maybe I'll edit it and upload it to Youtube or something, I don't know.
Yeah, I’ve done that with a few workshop recordings. Unedited and straight to YouTube. Folks can pay for the edited version.

My list is growing fast. I don't know what to do with it. I don't really know what to write them or what to offer.
Send an email asking if they’d be interested in XYZ?

Maybe the thread and video here might give you ideas:

Well done Justin!

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
My list is growing fast. I don't know what to do with it. I don't really know what to write them or what to offer. They seem largely uninterested in getting on a call with me, so I'm wondering if there's any other forms of value that I can provide.
Some thought exercises that can maybe uncover what to write to your list...
  • What would the audience find valuable? What problems do they have? Could you agitate a certain problem in a bunch of different ways and offer a whitepaper or video on how to solve it?
  • What got them onto the list in the first place? Can you provide more content that's relevant to that?
  • If you were invited to speak on stage to a live audience with the same number of people in it that are on your list, made up of people who share the same basic characteristics as the people on your list (industry, demographics, management level, etc.) what topic would you pick to talk about to establish your credibility and help you get to your next step?
  • What areas of your expertise are hard to find good, credible information on online? Could you email nuggets of this kind of information to your list?
  • What do you ultimately want the people on your list to do? Reverse engineer how to make them WANT to go from where they are now to where you want to take them in a way that bridges the gap for them. Right now, it seems that booking a call is too big a step. Usually this indicates that (A) there's not quite enough trust and/or (B) they don't see what's in it for them. Can you devise a series of emails that takes them on the journey to make this really clear?
  • What stories or analogies can you use to make a point that's relevant to getting people to take you up on your call to action? Example: Your call to action is to book a call. Let's say you're making the point that getting on the call will help them to have a perspective shift. You could collect 5 stories and 5 analogies on perspective shifts and then send 10 emails alternating between the format "story - point - CTA" / "analogy - point - CTA."

Jasper S

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2020
Chicagoland Area
Wins from last week:

Got Google Adsense showing ads on my website and earned the first bit of revenue ever from something I created myself. Felt incredibly rewarding!

What makes next week a win?

Gaining a better understanding of how my Adsense revenue and what it would take to make my website profitable.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
Wins Last Week:
  • Completed a first year financial projection
  • Learned exactly how much I need to execute to meet my annual financial goal
  • Learned that the total cost to produce my program is less than $20 with a retail price of $170.00

Win for this week:
  • Organize my business structure and make sure all my I's are dotted and T's are crossed
  • Develop FB content for my business page and work on my website
  • Getting a point of becoming stagnant
    • There are things I need to do, but I cant do until task C is done. Can't do task C until B is done, etc etc... I need to figure out when I need to call my workbooks back from beta readers its almost 2 months now.
    • Becoming stagnant is creating a bit of anxiety because I know I need to accomplish certain tasks but unable to. I have already done all I can for what I can do.. Frustrating!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Wins from last week 1/24-1/30/2021

This last week was busy:

1. We finished getting my one vacancy ready to rent. It looks clean and cozy.

2. I rented my vacancy and she's moving in while I'm writing this post. She a young, single mom, with 2 little kids, her dog, and she's working 2 jobs. She really needs affordable housing. I'm happy to have her. And, I'm all rented up!

3. Thursday we got 5" or 6" of snow. We now have all of our roads plowed, the driveway plowed, and a bunch of roofs shoveled. We don't have to do driveways, but we try to help our tenants. This summer hopefully we can build some more shed roofs over the mobile homes that need them, so we don't have to shovel them in the future.

4. We started back on our rehab project. The new electric meter is all hooked up and the interior work will continue.

5. We replaced an on-demand water heater in one of the units. The one we replaced was an older unit, that had become unreliable. Now the tenant has a new water heater.

6. I got my end-of-year paperwork done and it's sent out. Now I can get the expenses for last year ready for my CPA to file our federal taxes.

7. I got my yearly CC&R report written and out for my small community water system. (I'm the licensed well operator for the system.) That report isn't due until July 1, 2021. But, it all done for the year, and distributed.

What would be a win next week?

1. I'm starting my spring cleaning. I'd like to get a lot of stuff cleaned up, gone through, and get ready for our summertime.

2. Our plow truck needs a couple of new axles on the front. I hope they'll be delivered and we can get them installed. We're putting the truck back together in the meantime. I hope we have very little snow in the next few days, or the truck holds up while we're waiting for the parts. We can use the road grader and the backhoes to plow, but the plow truck is the best tool for the job.

3. I hope to start the process to close the 2020 books, so I can get those figures out to my CPA. That was on my list last week...

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Win last week: Hitting a sales record in my current flipping business

This week a win would be:
1. Minor medical procedure will go well.

2. Continued momentum with sales that will free up some time to get to the next business phase.

And @WJK I admire you and you make me feel like a delicate bit of fluff (which is saying something since I'm the giterdone girl around here)!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Win last week: Hitting a sales record in my current flipping business

This week a win would be:
1. Minor medical procedure will go well.

2. Continued momentum with sales that will free up some time to get to the next business phase.

And @WJK I admire you and you make me feel like a delicate bit of fluff (which is saying something since I'm the giterdone girl around here)!
Yes, us girls can do it too! It's being part of a cool group who have quietly flown under the radar. Everyone assumed that girls couldn't do most sectors of real estate and a lot of other things. Years ago, I didn't know that girls couldn't do commercial RE appraising. So, I just did it. By the time that the Good 'ol Boy discovered me, I had a wonderful career going. I was a thorn in their side for years.

You're flipping? I started flipping in the Los Angeles ghetto when we still called it Equity Purchases. For "just-a-girl", I quietly did quite a volume of transactions over many years. Keep going. And as a "giterdone girl", you know that you must save every dime you can in order to have the cash to do future projects. You want to complete fund your project with your own cash ASAP. OPM is like borrowing against your kid's next week's lunch money. It will catch up with you at the worst moment!

By the way, you can always message me and I will answer. I am officially retired. Now I'm a just-a-girl RE investor. But, I did start in 1976 -- 45 years ago...

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Yes, us girls can do it too! It's being part of a cool group who have quietly flown under the radar. Everyone assumed that girls couldn't do most sectors of real estate and a lot of other things. Years ago, I didn't know that girls couldn't do commercial RE appraising. So, I just did it. By the time that the Good 'ol Boy discovered me, I had a wonderful career going. I was a thorn in their side for years.

You're flipping? I started flipping in the Los Angeles ghetto when we still called it Equity Purchases. For "just-a-girl", I quietly did quite a volume of transactions over many years. Keep going. And as a "giterdone girl", you know that you must save every dime you can in order to have the cash to do future projects. You want to complete fund your project with your own cash ASAP. OPM is like borrowing against your kid's next week's lunch money. It will catch up with you at the worst moment!

By the way, you can always message me and I will answer. I am officially retired. Now I'm a just-a-girl RE investor. But, I did start in 1976 -- 45 years ago...
I currently flip vintage goods, not real estate! :D But I have made 100 -200 times my money on quite a few transactions, so I'm good at scouting out winners in that arena.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I currently flip vintage goods, not real estate! :D But I have made 100 -200 times my money on quite a few transactions, so I'm good at scouting out winners in that arena.
That's a wonderful segment and it has a real upside -- as long as you can safely store and then move the goods. Are you doing vintage furniture or soft goods? I knew a lady who did the same thing with vintage linens. I also know a guy who does that same thing with heavy equipment. I was set up to do that same business plan with used cars -- before the virus thing and that deal fell apart. I was set up to carry the paper and it would have been great.

No matter what you do, just do it well.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
My win this week could have involved learning more Spanish, tackling LinkedIn, creating content, coming up with brand names or dealing with friendship drama. wow. It’s been a helluva week Andy! I didn’t realize until I started writing all that out. Lol.

Anyhoo my actual win comes from my kids. They both started new grades this past week. It meant a serious increase in workload but they handled it beautifully and actually worked hard enough to finish their school week early in 4 days instead of 5. They said their teacher is the best.. lol. (That’s me.)

Most importantly, I made @RazorCut happy. It was pretty much the best week I’ve had in a year. #goodlife #Spain #sunny #praiseGod #whoknowswhatnextweekwillbelike
;)

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Last weeks win: made a new contact who can play an instrumental role in me closing a deal.

This week would be good if I could find maybe one or two more people like that. And of course make a sale, still haven't made one.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
W/C 01-Feb-21

Last week:
  • Hit 50 members and $1,315 MRR for my membership.
  • Initial Wordpress setup completed.
  • Someone else signed up to my paid email newsletter at $5/mth. I must have a look at paid email newsletters again, especially now that Twitter bought Revue.
  • Campaigns for an eCommerce client are performing better and better each week. €4-5 CPA with an AOV of €30+ ?!? Blimey... I must get more into products.
This week:
  • Get Wordpress on the root domain. Continue copying over articles.
  • Move from Soundcloud to Anchor or similar.
  • Create a couple more video courses.
  • Do a video testimonial for someone.
  • Maybe get a couple more DFY clients.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
This week I'm trying to figure out LinkedIn. I'll post once a day, I'm starting pretty much from 0, so that'll be fun.

I'm also throwing up my website (It's up already but I'm laaaazy). I also need to create some writing samples to put on there.

I'll update my Upwork profile and get more active on there as well, mostly to get some short-term cash boost.

Wins last week? I got my first project on Upwork in a while (I had quit for a couple of months).

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Week of 1/31/21 thru 2/6/21

The week drug on for me. Oh, I was busy, but it felt like watching paint drying in slow motion. I guess I'm starting to have cabin-fever and pining for spring.

1. We had 2 more snowstorms -- the 1st was Wednesday thru Thurs. morning. That one us took all day Thursday to dig and plow out from its 5" dump. But we got all of our private road system cleared. That was supposed to be it for the week. Friday I went a couple of towns from us to shop for canned pop for one of the vending machines. I came home to another snowstorm which added a couple more inches. We've got a total of more than foot over the last couple of weeks. I'm getting tired of the snow but the color green is still months away.

2. Our rehab project is going well. The challenge this week was the exterior walls. With the dump of heavy snow on the roof, coupled with us taking out the interior walls, they were no longer true & plumb (straight up and down). After shoveling the roof and using a couple of come-a-long hoists to brace them, we built interior walls that are now holding those exterior walls in place. I had to buy another bunk (294 pieces) of 2X4s. We ran out of lumber.

Most of the rough electrical is done. We've replaced the whole system changing over from aluminum to copper wiring -- along with a new breaker box, outlets, switches, and LED lights throughout. The biggest threat to mobile homes is from fires, and electrical fires top the list.

3. I collected rents all week which are due on the 1st and late after the 5th. We are all rented up right now. I notified several tenants that I will be raising their rents a few dollars on April 1st. I'm constantly getting calls from people looking for rentals -- which tells me that my rents are too low.

4. I started putting together the numbers to send to my CPA for 2020.

Wins for next week?

I'd ask for an early spring, but it's only February -- not April or May. So, I'd settle for getting a lot more of 2020 closed out and a date with my husband.

Last edited:

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Last weeks win: made a new contact who can play an instrumental role in me closing a deal.

This week would be good if I could find maybe one or two more people like that. And of course make a sale, still haven't made one.
Actually accomplished the first part quite well. Have a few new players within my circle who could benefit from what I offer.

This coming week would be good if I could gather a payment from someone within that circle for my services.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
That's a wonderful segment and it has a real upside -- as long as you can safely store and then move the goods. Are you doing vintage furniture or soft goods? I knew a lady who did the same thing with vintage linens. I also know a guy who does that same thing with heavy equipment. I was set up to do that same business plan with used cars -- before the virus thing and that deal fell apart. I was set up to carry the paper and it would have been great.

No matter what you do, just do it well.
Sorry, I'm so late to reply! I mainly sell vintage craft supplies, which people use up and then come back for more.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Sorry, I'm so late to reply! I mainly sell vintage craft supplies, which people use up and then come back for more.
Crafts? Woodworking? Weaving? Needlecrafts? Forging? Glass blowing? Block printing? Stained glass?
Sounds interesting. I've given away or sold cheaply a lot of crafts supplies as I move onto another interest. I only have so much room in my shop...

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Crafts? Woodworking? Weaving? Needlecrafts? Forging? Glass blowing? Block printing? Stained glass?
Sounds interesting. I've given away or sold cheaply a lot of crafts supplies as I move onto another interest. I only have so much room in my shop...
Mainly vintage paper and needlecrafts. The vintage needlecraft stuff sells out quickly!

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Finished goods or materials?

Materials! It's sort of like selling shovels to miners. :D I sell vintage book pages for makers to use in junk journaling and old embroidery and cross stitch kits and hoops.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Materials! It's sort of like selling shovels to miners. :D I sell vintage book pages for makers to use in junk journaling and old embroidery and cross stitch kits and hoops.
Do you use a color copier for the vintage book pages? I have a lot of old cross stitch/needlepoint pattern books and individual pages. I ran a needlecraft store for Tandycrafts when I was young -- about 45 or 50 years ago -- one in the "Meribee" store chain that went out of business years ago. Many of the old books have printed 4 color diagrams before copy machines with instant printing were available. And before that, they were all black and white with color charts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.