The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you accomplish in 2019?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

therealmark

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Dec 27, 2017
Spokane WA
Little late to this awesome thread.

I hope 2018 was the best year ever for everyone. I hope 2019 is going to be even better.

I don’t do resolutions but I will post my current goals here so I can be held accountable
  • Read 50 books.
  • Triple last years gross revenue for business A.
  • Obtain seed funding for business B.
  • Take 4 destination vacations.
  • Attend 3 conferences / events.
  • Compete in at least 2 5k+ races.
  • Achieve 10 pullups in a row.
  • Meet 365 new amazing people (at least 1 per day avg.)
  • Rescue at least 25 dogs
  • Speak at one event... in front of real people!

NekoMizu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 28, 2018
Michigan
1.) Complete a few Udemy courses on web development and hopefully do the Odin Project along with it. My most important goal for me.

2.) Read 12 books (one book a month), starting with finally finishing Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted . Hoping to gradually move up to about 30 - 50 pages day by day to ease myself into the habit of reading regularly.

Rob Tennant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 29, 2013
Quit doing what I don't want to do.

(and I mean delegate more...)
I like this. Sounds simple, but try actually doing it..I read something a while back that stuck with me. "If it's not a f!@# yes, then it's a NO!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KennyAronson

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 10, 2019
Not a New Year's Resolution thread, but a mere proclamation of what you will accomplish in 2019.

List one thing, or many.

Whatever you resolve to do.

Please keep your proclamation measurable!

Lose weight is not measurable, lose 50 lbs is!
Start a business is not measurable, sell X units is!

This time next year, we will bump this thread and see how things went!

I'll start:

I will release at LEAST one book in 2019, either under the Unscripted nameplate or other.

This might not seem to be a big proclamation, but for me it is. My history shows that I take anywhere from 3 to 5 years to write and publish something. I'd like actually take my writing time down to less than 1 year and time to market in under 6 months.

Also, if you posted in this thread AND have a progress thread, please include and link to it!!

Thank you!
Here's my current list, let me know what you think:

• Create source of sustainable income to fuel life and business growth
  • Create new Academy and value proposition for my business
  • Lease an apartment for a new office and recording studio for content
  • Start work on a mobile application for my business model
  • Conduct profitable marketing campaign and scale
  • Create a successful YouTube series documenting my journey
  • Grow my podcast to 500,000 downloads by the end of 2019
  • Travel and work around the world with my girlfriend
  • Create an asset worth $1,000,000 by Dec 31, 2019

chuckypita

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 16, 2017
Salt Lake City
Not a New Year's Resolution thread, but a mere proclamation of what you will accomplish in 2019.

List one thing, or many.

Whatever you resolve to do.

Please keep your proclamation measurable!

Lose weight is not measurable, lose 50 lbs is!
Start a business is not measurable, sell X units is!

This time next year, we will bump this thread and see how things went!

I'll start:

I will release at LEAST one book in 2019, either under the Unscripted nameplate or other.

This might not seem to be a big proclamation, but for me it is. My history shows that I take anywhere from 3 to 5 years to write and publish something. I'd like actually take my writing time down to less than 1 year and time to market in under 6 months.

Also, if you posted in this thread AND have a progress thread, please include and link to it!!

Thank you!

It better be as good as your other 2 books! No pressure. :)

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
I'm late to the party, but wanted to add mine:

• Have 2 back-to-back months with 5k revenue
  • Weigh at least 172lbs (my old peak weight)
Right now, I'm in the middle of a product launch that should earn $2,319
I'm 6'0" and my weight was a spooky skeleton 154lbs. So far this year, I'm up 2lbs and in the gym 4x/week. I need to gain 18lbs over the course of the year.

TLO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 1, 2019
Update:
1. Created google sheet for my health goals and using daily. Exercising daily. Gotta cut the “snack” to get down my weight. 85% weight loss is in the kitchen
2. Working on office negotiation. 2 good locations as options. Have employees ready. Will work on contracts in the next 3 months. Gotta be ready before July 1. Office 1: no problems
Office 2: improved, goal current: signage
Office 3: doing better than I thought at this time
Office 4: this is the above
Lastly I am working on systems for all “paperwork” be be consistent in all locations. This is a large priority. I have also today discovered I need a day to day office manager. My CFO, can’t be everything and will distract from contract negotiations.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Ok, I will keep it as short as I can. It is a slow lanner becoming a fast lanner.

I like it when someone can admit they're a slow laner. You can't address the issue until you can admit your weak areas.

Currently I have 4 offices and I focus on making our business special. My goal, as I am a very specialized, is to grow this company to the point that I can sale it within the next 4 years. I already have one offer but think I could double that offer in 2 years.

Four offices? I don't think we are on the same page as to agreeing what a slow laner is...!

Of note, I was able to pay off my home this year because as my income has transformed over the past couple of years (topped 2M this year), I have lived off of the same income that I started with and eliminated 300K in student debt (slow lane stupid mistakes). I built my families dream home and paid it off with a 600K check.

2M income this year? Paid off debt AND wrote a check for a 600K house?

And all of this from only running four offices? If you consider yourself a slacker, then we must get together some time. I have the great ideas. You have the 99% of what's needed to get things done!

You can START by writing a book on how to make 2M a year. I'll buy the first copy.

Please do expound a bit on what you WOULD consider to be a success. I'm sure many here could learn volumes from your experiences.

Damn!

Eye opening thread for sure!

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
My favorite is this one: Make a effort to find a girlfriend who is really worthwhile :)

My goal for 2019 is to make an effort to find a boyfriend who is worthwhile!

Yeah, I noticed that right away too. Your commentary was perfect - glad you didn't miss it. I was hoping we might get a slap back from a female..

My 2 cents. Make an effort? Pretty pathetic. Calling someone "worthwhile?" Insulting.

Let me fix it for you; focus on liking and helping other people so I become the friend that everyone wants, and women long for. I want women to fight for my attention.

Note - I did that - and it worked beautifully. I am now married to a woman many men were afraid to even talk to (it was not easy for me in the beginning either). She is my soul mate and my daily inspiration in every way. God is first in my life. She is second. Third. And fourth.

See how it "could" work out, with a LOT of effort? Personally, finding my soul mate rates as #1 for being happy and doing what I want to do in life. Without that - and I've been there - nothing matters nearly as much.

Let me help you with that, being an ex-smoker, I loathe smoking

Special call out for a superb - excellent - and heart felt - post here! I have lost FAR too many loved ones to cancer. Hate tobacco. Your post, @Longinus is dead ON. There is NO benefit to smoking. NOBODY thinks you look cool - so wake up and stop. You might be surprised to know that many look at you as a loser when you smoke. Yep. And yes, the stench part is particularly true. Great post!

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
I have a pretty ambitious goal, and it stems from what happened last year. I built a house for $250k on a 0% down VA loan. With taxes, and insurance, I'm paying $23xx with only $237 going to principal, that's F*cking ridiculous.

So, I want to pay it off by January 1st 2020! If I were to set a monetary goal, I'll need to have generated about $300,000 or more in profit by the end of the year.

The idea is to build a b2b consulting business targeting solopreneurs and small businesses that have minimal or inefficient online presences, and help them to grow their businesses by strategic systems designed to turn their current sales funnel into an avalanche of customers.

Rapid growth and rapid scaling are going to be critical if I am going to be able to pull it off. I'm tying up a couple of side commitments, and then will be fully committed to organizing and ensuring the systems are in place during February, for a target launch date in March.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
*I will finish and release my game on Steam and it will sell at least 10k units.
*I will update the game with better assets and use those better assets to make a sequel that will sell another 10k units.
*I'll stablish a business partnership with a content creator and use my tech to expand their market to interactive entertainment and reach more than 1 million unique players.
*I'll be able to do 100 knuckle push-ups and 200 hindu squats in one go.
*I'll get rid of that difficult body fat, reaching 10% or less and look like a f*cking Greek God (becoming He-Man is for 2020 :D).

TLO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 1, 2019
Please do expound a bit on what you WOULD consider to be a success. I'm sure many here could learn volumes from your experiences.

Damn!

Eye opening thread for sure

I am very happy with my income but growing it over the next 2 years so I can have an exit is one success with the other success being grow it so I can eliminate myself completely from the day to day operations which would take 5 years at the max. If I am working every day on this business when I have turned 45 (40 currently) then I am still a slow lander. Goal is to have a high income >1M without being there daily. Either way I am making good money and I can keep this business running for my entire life. Not bad for a boy from the projects.

QuikCoin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Feb 14, 2015
Hold a Minimum Monthly Sales of 10k in my Painting Company.

Hit 200k Gross for the Year.

Join 2 Different RE Investment Groups, and take an active position in one.

Flip one house and House Hack one for myself (Duplex).

Update

Poured the gas on my marketing and got 11 Estimates out for around 30k.
11.9k Booked, but 5.6k is in February. Hoping to close one of my estimates to fill the rest of month and hit over 10k.

Joined one RE Group and got the contact of a already successful investor I can talk too.

Picked up a book on rental property investing and got 1/2 way through it at this point.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
2019 Benchmarks for my business

> Fundraise $600K Seed-Round.

> Launch 10 new products

> Secure 1 major distributor (almost accomplished)

> Expand footprint to 500 stores

Juul

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 19, 2019
United States
- Launch my Event Venue business in July
- Book and successfully have 35 events from July to December
- Generate $200k+ from this new business
- Read 1 book per week
- Quit my slowlane job for good

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Funny you should say that...

le6sqoH.png

--

Branding

I've already written the branding post (15k words), I'll tweak it and publish it after MJ sees it. If the post does well, it may be appropriate to put into a book. I sincerely thank you for your support :)

The post also has some controversial stuff in it like a big ol' pic of titties...

d66BPkw.jpg
And the other reason more girls smoke than men here in Oz is they think it is an appetite suppressant.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
My first proclamation is this: I am an Entrepreneur. I write it on my boarding card every time I fly, which is too often.
I will fly to Adelaide in two weeks time to check out the consumable part of my product. If it isn't good enough I will get the next flight to Melbourne to inspect the other two places and choose the best quality between them.
I will commence selling through Shopify lite throughout Oz and NZ and Japan and South Korea by March 2019. Also through ebay which functions better than Amazon here.
I will do the Udemy course on How to use Chinese social media to create a Fanbase in China this week, it's free. I will sell in China.
I own the confidence and the ability to figure stuff out however the market mind will determine if I sell one or a million.
When the market mind agrees with me and the value I am creating then in December I will post my business account with a full one million dollars OZ not revenue but clear profit.
I will get my strength back by reaching 50 press ups and 50 squats by the time I visit my daughter in UK in April. ( I lost a lot of strength when I gave up BJJ and also had hand operations for Depuytrens Disease.
I know the timing between launch and visiting my daughter clash but the UK visit is important for my daughter.
Oh, and join INSIDERS at last,. In June. Can't believe i ain't done it yet.
I think I put a time constraint on it all but looking forward to any comments.

Last edited:

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
  • I keep coming back to this thread when I want to quit one of my commitments
  • I will adjust - up, down, sideways, inside-out, but will NOT give up
  • Wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror otherwise

TLO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 1, 2019
Update:
1. Created google sheet for my health goals and using daily. Exercising daily. Gotta cut the “snack” to get down my weight. 85% weight loss is in the kitchen
——diet good, working out poor.
2. Working on office negotiation. 2 good locations as options. Have employees ready. Will work on contracts in the next 3 months. Gotta be ready before July 1. Office 1: no problems—- so expanding here now hired a NP and 2 admin persons
Office 2: improved, goal current: signage, the two hires on office 1 will be at office 2 also
Office 3: doing better than I thought at this time—-advertisement is what I working on 5days per week by May.
Office 4: this week pushing more to get office space done
Lastly I am working on systems for all “paperwork” be be consistent in all locations. Have found a good software after looking at a few. Also have fixed the largest paper usage at my offices. This is a large priority. I have also today discovered I need a day to day office manager. My CFO, can’t be everything and will distract from contract negotiations.—-interviewing in 2 weeks

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
I should have posted a month ago, but I was a little vague as to how to accomplish anything. I've got to lose weight and I'm happy to say I'm down 4 pounds, all through portion control. It takes a LOT of self discipline when your roommate loves junk food and it's in the house. I am keeping a journal on this and plan on turning it into a book when the goal is met.
Goal #1: lose 40 pounds.

I will stabilize my slow lane biz so it gives me the necessary income to get by.
Goal #2: consistency in my slow lane biz, because it's my job.

I will complete a book, either an instructional craft book or a novel, or my weight loss journey.
Goal #3: Complete a book. I've started many, not completed any.

John F.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Aug 29, 2018
Arizona
  • Launch my first 6 products.
  • Income replacement by September
  • Cut debt by $50k by EOY

c.dream87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 1, 2016
Wow ... nice post, what do I want to achieve this year 2019?
Well...
. start the artisan bag production brand that thinks and creates my mother.
. building a house and going to live with my boyfriend, I want to build my family.
. rediscover my physical form.
. try to carry on my hobby and manage to make money on it

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
  • Launch a business
  • Clear off my debt
  • Visit a new country
  • Give back and volunteer at a homeless charity

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
-200k Sales commission
-20 percent annualized gain trading USO and BTC
-below 20 percent body fat

Dubidu

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 2, 2018
UK
Update in bold below

I already have an execution thread for the two ideas I'm pursuing but here are my goals for 2019 (health permitting; no point being the overachiever in the graveyard! ;)):

1. License Idea 1 by end of Q1 - this is defined as 'licensing agreement signed'. I accept that the licensee company might want to refine the idea before taking it to market so don't want to set "see product on shelf" as my goal because that is out of my hands. Behind on this. No issues other than my own fault re: PPA but equally don't want to set deadline back - will work extra quick to get paperwork sorted!

2. Refine Idea 2, having purchased a product and attend a conference in the relevant industry by end of Q1 (conference is early March). It is harder to quantify this goal because I'm not entirely sure what obstacles there are so I'll carry on thinking about it. I have purchased the $200 product that seems to use the same material/tech that I think I can manipulate for my own product. Purchased product ($200 outlay) but don't think the tech they advertised is (a) anything special in and of itself (b) is going to apply to what I want because of (a) i.e. it won't function in the way I want for my product. Back to drawing board on this but pleased I at least purchased/took action then ruled it out.

3. Try Keto for 6 weeks to determine how I feel. I am already quite low carb but want to experiment to see if it makes any significant difference to how I feel. I start tomorrow as I've already done the shopping. My end date on the calendar is 9th Feb so I will report back that week. Completed: this was much harder than I thought only in that it required a completely different way of thinking of food etc. I prefer low carb but given how restrictive the diet was in lots of ways (fruit is practically verboten because of carbs!) I was amazed at how well I felt on it and once I got my head around what to eat, I just made sure I made the food the most gourmet version I could - that might be the best tip I can give someone who is thinking of trying it: focus on what you CAN eat and then make it the best version (as best as you can afford e.g. organic, spice it up as much as you can etc.). Conclusion re: Keto: I might dip in and out of it as my body seemed to like it.

4. Enter into a tennis tournament at my local club (either singles or doubles) by end of the year as my 'fun goal'. Booked a 3 day intensive course for my birthday at a tennis academy somewhere sunny :smile2:

5. Purchase another property by end of 2019. Saw a property exactly where I want but over-priced. Think vendor is keen to move as they want to upsize. Any tips on how to make a cheeky offer would be welcome!

6. Move jobs - I had an approach yesterday but the salary is not worth the move. I was in discussions with another firm last year which I hope will reignite and be secured by end of Q1. Super slow on this - don't know if its the market or what (in Jan I had two different approaches but neither are what I want).

7. Not sure if I should set this one again as I've been trying for the last few years without any success and am pretty much ready to give up (don't get me wrong: get approached by nice guys/interest but haven't met anyone I feel the same about) but try to meet The One. How I intend to do this: just do more that will increase interaction. Aim is to do at least 2 things per week that I've not done before - example: join a boxing club. Boxing club - ruled it out. It's apparently the most luxurious one in the city but I hung around there/got a tour at its busiest time and it seemed to be full of younger guys & girls. My existing gym at least has some guys my age and older! Am going on at least 1 date per week so far and Feb looks the same average - same results though: they are interested in me/I'm not in them. No bad experiences to report though; lovely guys!

Happy New Year & bonne chance to everyone :fistbump::thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.