The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you accomplish in 2019?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

guy marshall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 2, 2017
yorkshire England
Not a New Year's Resolution thread, but a mere proclamation of what you will accomplish in 2019.

List one thing, or many.

Whatever you resolve to do.

Please keep your proclamation measurable!

Lose weight is not measurable, lose 50 lbs is!
Start a business is not measurable, sell X units is!

This time next year, we will bump this thread and see how things went!

I'll start:

I will release at LEAST one book in 2019, either under the Unscripted nameplate or other.

This might not seem to be a big proclamation, but for me it is. My history shows that I take anywhere from 3 to 5 years to write and publish something. I'd like actually take my writing time down to less than 1 year and time to market in under 6 months.
I managed to get the property portfolio up to 20 family and multi let house this year so im looking to reach 24 through 2019 (the milestone goal is 31 then I get paid every day )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018
  • By the end of March 2019 I am going to have a business which will give me at least 2000$ monthly profit.
  • In 2019 I am going to read at least 40 books.
  • In 2019 I am going to go to gym at least 3 times a week and keep my diet.
  • Action-faking is stopped and I am fully focused on eCommerce and my business.
  • Fix my broken mindset (belive in myself finally... but it's hard to measure I guess).
  • In 2019 I am going to be producer and not the consumer.
  • Also waking up at 6 A.M everyday. I love mornings but it's hard for me to get up that early.
There are few more but I keep them in my worksheet. These are the most important. :)

Arigilos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 5, 2019
I will practice Russian every day (it will be my 2nd language). I'm currently on 63 consecutive days.
I will go to the shooting range once a week until May. So far I've gone twice.
I'm going to get my abs showing. Meal prepping food, ab workouts every other day and cardio every other day. I live literally within a 5 minute walking distance from a gym. The ab portion I'm doing at home though. I'm already in decent shape but my abs aren't showing yet.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
2019 will be the year that I quit my last ever "job".

Marc RV

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 12, 2018
4 of my goals for 2019:
1) Get Married
2) Master freestanding handstand
3) Make myself irrelevant in the daily operation of my current company (delegate)
- reporting
- delegete sales activity
- delegate procurment planning​
4) Complete the beta-version of my HR-web-project.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
After a motorcycle accident in June Last year (technically a scooter accident) resulting in a dislocated shoulder, fractured collar bone, shoulder joint and upper arm and13 weeks in and out of hospital my goals are relatively simply:
1. Raise arm above head with 4.5Kg weight. Presently I can press on 45 degree bench with 1.5Kg ( and that is a major improvement)
2. Lose 20 lbs put on during recovery
3. Increase passive income by £4K pa

All the best everyone with achieving your goals.

Seth G.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 30, 2018
Tri-State Area
Let me know how you go with Patent/licensing as I'm doing the same thing myself (I am in the last two critical stages and have an execution thread on this forum). Good luck!

Could you link me to your execution thread?
I would absolutely love to read through that!

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Great thread! I'm automating my software sales and my goal is to bring on 100 paid subscriptions.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
What I will accomplish: I'll grow my current project to help 500 firms each month as ethically as I possibly can.
How I'll do this:
  • Start a progress thread February 1st. That way I have some data to share & accountability.
  • Never stop prospecting. I've already double-downed on my efforts by hiring a man to bring me 100 targetted potential customers per day.
  • Be customer-centric. Service didn't live up to your expectations? Here are three months free, see if that works for you. Still not working? Where are you located? Oh, that is a tough market...here's a year for free, see if that works for you.
  • Have fun. This is enjoyable for me because I've actually found an industry I can speak the language & apply what I enjoy doing: website building, marketing, & sales.

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 6, 2019
California
Not a New Year's Resolution thread, but a mere proclamation of what you will accomplish in 2019.

List one thing, or many.

Whatever you resolve to do.

Please keep your proclamation measurable!

Lose weight is not measurable, lose 50 lbs is!
Start a business is not measurable, sell X units is!

This time next year, we will bump this thread and see how things went!

I'll start:

I will release at LEAST one book in 2019, either under the Unscripted nameplate or other.

This might not seem to be a big proclamation, but for me it is. My history shows that I take anywhere from 3 to 5 years to write and publish something. I'd like actually take my writing time down to less than 1 year and time to market in under 6 months.

-complete launch of new company (product development stage now) and clear 20K a month by end of 2019
- Get my Brown Belt in Krav Maga
-Complete up to 10 speeches in my Toast Masters class (I have done 4 so far)
-Eliminate all clutter in my life that strays me away from my goals (TV, friends who are negative, etc.)
-Begin to write a book (subject unknown)

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Finishing and Publishing my novel. Been writing on it quite a while now (since October 2017).
Getting to my weight goal of 180 lbs (82kg). 22 lbs (10kg) left. Down from 253 lbs (115kg).
Continue fighting OCD. It's a hell of a fight but one worth every single step forward.
Quitting smoking cigarettes. I'm actually still enjoying smoking them, or maybe it's only the social aspect of it like going out to smoke at a restaurant with the other smokers from your table.

Amro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 5, 2018
Schoorl
What I will accomplish: I'll grow my current project to help 500 firms each month as ethically as I possibly can.
How I'll do this:
  • Start a progress thread February 1st. That way I have some data to share & accountability.
  • Never stop prospecting. I've already double-downed on my efforts by hiring a man to bring me 100 targetted potential customers per day.
  • Be customer-centric. Service didn't live up to your expectations? Here are three months free, see if that works for you. Still not working? Where are you located? Oh, that is a tough market...here's a year for free, see if that works for you.
  • Have fun. This is enjoyable for me because I've actually found an industry I can speak the language & apply what I enjoy doing: website building, marketing, & sales.

Hi @Charnell,

I must say I really like your first one start a progress thread to keep yourself accountable. I think your idea is so strong that I almost find that @MJ DeMarco could dedicate a forum specially for this purpose since it inspires action on a massive scale. People always want to be better than other since it's just human nature. I would sure use it. I'm not sure if such a forum allready exists since I'm quite new here.

Oeps my bad. There is a forum allready. Well done!

All the best,
Amro

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Ongoing:
  • Big reconstruction of house: Finish bottom floor this year (fri-sun)
  • Early morning stretching and meditation (mon-thurs)
  • Entrepreneurship/software business. Deploy MVP/Prototype that at least scratches my itches. (mon-thurs)
  • Wendler 5/3/1 power lifting program (mon-thurs)
  • Daily running habit (dog needs exercising)
  • Family father after work and evenings (2 kids and a dog. And a spouse.)
So the goal is to NOT start any more ambitious "projects".

Edit: clarified to more measurable goals. I keep various documents for tracking these habits or processes but not publicly.

Last edited:

MakeMillions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jan 7, 2019
South Florida
Very inspiring this thread, loving it.

Okay, here it goes.
Business / money
By the end of April I'll have my current business running in such a manner that I myself am less needed and in the same time i get more customers.

By the end of the year I'll have increased my current revenue from this business from $4000 to at least $20.000 monthly.

In April / May I'll have decided what my fastlane business will be. There is no lack of ideas, but ideas are worthless until you start act on them. Execution is king. So I'll pick one and stick with it. Will share it on this forum and by the end of the year have good results. Maybe not yet in revenue but sure as hell in progress.

Learn more on investing and actually invest with leverage. Crypto has my interest and I'll become a expert on this. Making money from it by selling the shovels and not digging for gold myself.

Health
Continue going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, continue with bodybuilding and become huge with only 10% body fat. (lost two years ago 25 kilos, start bodybuilding last year all with success.) In march I'll become 50 years young and need to lose some extra around the waist.

Change in diet by eating only two times a week meat, three times a week fish and 2 times a week vegetarian. Eliminate snacks, sugar and other processed food out of my life.

Social life
Make at least 5 new friends this year by engaging certain activities.
Make a effort to find a girlfriend who is really worthwhile.
Spend more quality time with my 17 year old son.

Make at least one person smile or preferably laugh every day.

Personal grow
Read one book a week by watching less television.
Learn how to play at least three Nirvana songs on the guitar.
Continuing with a more positive attitude (Started last year with amazing results!)
Learn to love myself more and be less critical on myself.
Only surround myself with people worthwhile. Positive people who don't complain on everything every day. People that not constantly blaming others for their misfortune but people with a positive mindset and aware that only themselves are the ones accountable for how fortunate they can be in their lives.

Helping people less fortunate in a way they can move on to a better life.

Being a entrepreneur means to have a certain mindset. I'll do everything this year (and the years to come) to create and maintain this mindset by reading the right and less right books (be critical), by surrounding myself with other entrepreneurs both online and offline.

Start right away to come out of lurker mode I've been in last year and be way more active on this forum and contribute with quality content and a smile.

And most important: Enjoy life along the way!!

Note: this is not what i want to do this year but what i will do this year and would like it when by the end (or during) this year someone will call me on this as i have to show that I'm actually doing it.

These are AWESOME goals! All very inspiring for me. Thank you for sharing.

My favorite is this one: Make a effort to find a girlfriend who is really worthwhile :)

My goal for 2019 is to make an effort to find a boyfriend who is worthwhile!

Here's to succeeding in 2019 - Cheers!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FYI, if you posted in this thread AND have a progress thread, please edit your thread to include and link to it!!

Thank you!

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
My Top Goal for 2019 is the purchase of my first two investment properties. I already live for free in a 'house hack' situation after helping a successful RE developer in the area who then provided me with the opportunity. I will also be managing holiday lets on 5 properties during the busy summer months which should provide a MASSIVE income to help with the first acquisition.

Progress Thread:
Real Estate - "I'm Not Here To Take Part, I'm Here To Take Over"

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
2019 Goals

- $150,000 in e-commerce sales (did 95K in 2018)
- Launch 3 private label products to slowly get away from pure Retail Arbitrage (this way I own the brand)
- Pay off one of my credit cards that still has about $2.5K on it (paying $600 on it each month so it will be paid off soon)
- Get up to 200 lbs bodyweight (currently at 176 & pretty lean, 2 pounds per month on a well planned clean bulk to not gain excess fat)
- Not get a cold/flu at all this year to maximize productivity, colds suck! (very possible with healthy diet and supplements, AND sleep)
- Contribute at least once a week on the forum and providing value whether it be commenting on somebody's post or creating my own post (i've been lurking for years without posting and I can't thank TFF enough for how it's helping me change my life)
- Visit 1 new city
- Meet 5 like minded people
- Get Instragram followers to 5,000 to provide more content and impact people

I'm sure I'll come up with more along the way.

Let's crush 2019! I love this forum.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Quitting smoking cigarettes. I'm actually still enjoying smoking them, or maybe it's only the social aspect of it like going out to smoke at a restaurant with the other smokers from your table.

Let me help you with that, being an ex-smoker, I loathe smoking more than non-smokers (Disclaimer: this may sound as tough love, but when typing I was talking to my younger self. It's meant to help you.):

The two worse things in life are taxes and cancer. By smoking, you're paying taxes in exchange for cancer, voluntarily.

You smell bad and everywhere you go, you take that smell with you. Keep in mind you have the same smell over you as people drinking cheap beers on a bench in the park at 9 AM. You don't notice, but other people do. People that smell like cigarette smoke, smell like people with issues.

You fool yourself by saying you still enjoy it. You inhale smoke and you blow it out. That's it. You don't get high or you don't get a good feeling about it, on the contrary. Your body will do anything to get it out.

It makes it more difficult to breathe and limits basically every function of your body. But you already knew that, you're probably even tired of hearing that. Perhaps you rather ignore it.

The only thing you enjoy is the ritual or the habit:
Opening a new pack of cigarettes, feels good.
Lighting one up when taking a break, feels good too (perhaps it just feels good when taking a break?).

But when you're halfway your cigarette, sitting in the cold alone, while your friends are inside (talk about the social aspect), ask yourself again: "do I really enjoy this?". It's all in your mind, man.

The social thing you talk about is an excuse to hold onto your habit. Non-smoking is as social (imo less asocial) than smoking. You don't have to smoke if you want to talk to new people.

There is literally not one benefit of smoking. NOT ONE.

You say the same as every smoker: you want to quit. But you don't, just like any other smoker. You fool yourself by saying you wait for a better time. But there will never be a better time than NOW.

So if you're serious about quitting, do this:
  1. Take the pack(s) of cigs you have RIGHT NOW,
  2. CRUNCH IT, ALL OF IT (don't care how many cigs you have left, you want to quit! Better to throw it away now than to smoke what's left over!)
  3. THROW IT IN THE TRASH
  4. Never look back.
  5. Consider yourself a non-smoker. Don't keep track of the time you stopped. Change your status NOW.
It's an addiction that's really easy to get rid of, because it's mainly in the habit of doing. You won't have hangovers or anything. You don't need the stupid patches promoted by the pharma-industry. You can stop now and go on with your life.

Need more help? Check Alan Carr.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
@Longinus wow, just... wow. Thank you for taking the time to write this down.

It's funny how deep inside we really know how it is, but need to read it to finally shine a light on what lingered there in the dark.

My go-to excuse for not quitting just yet used to be that I told myself how great it will be to light a cigarette when I finally finish the first draft of my novel. My novel is nowhere near done, so that put that goal far back to an unknown date.
I think I just liked the image in my head of me typing those last few words, sitting back in my chair, lighting a cigarette and taking that first inhale of it.

You're right with everything you said and I thank you for being this direct. Will show this to my fiancée as soon as I get home, since we will do this as a team like we already did and still do with our weight loss.

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
1. Make $1.000.000 in profit for myself in 2019 (2018 Was approx. $400.000)

2. Hit the gym 4 times a week and eat properly in order to gain weight and muscles. (Weighting approx. 80 kg / 176 lbs). No specific weight target, as I don't know realistically how much is possible, but as long as I go 4 times a week and eat enough proper food, I should be going the right way.

Eating properly includes preparing meals for every week day that I can bring to my office.

3. Start dressing for success more often. (Thanks for the thread @Kak - Anyone who haven't read it, please do: FEATURED! - Dressing For Success... Stop looking like a fool.)

4. Take my family on a vacation to Spain or somewhere warm in Europe.

Last edited:

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
1. Have at least one launch event (by July) with FirstCodeContact.com and reach 64 followers with clear signs of exponential growth going on

2. Write 2 novels (1 in May, 1 in November) and sell 50 copies total through social media marketing experiments (following the "How I sold 1 million ebooks in 5 months" strategy)

3. Create and render an above industry average stereoscopic 180 degree VR scene using Blender (bonus goal is a reel of several clips, each at least 5 seconds long)

4. Heavily violate the business monogamy guideline / rule :-/

5. Finish the year above the 70kg barrier (I reached 65kg recently - up from 63kg and am around 187cm tall ... ouch

Last edited:

Martin Boeddeker

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jun 5, 2018
Paderborn, Deutschland
2019 is all about getting in shape, building relationships, and SEO.

• My first goal is to get loose 10kg and 5% body fat until the end of March.
  • Stick to a slow carb diet Tim Ferriss 4hourbody style...
  • At the end of the year, I want to have a six pack (which will equal about 12% body fat or less) for the first time ever and be able to run 3km in 12:59min or less.

On an ongoing basis:

I'll aim for
  • 1 podcast episode
  • 1 Youtube video (turned into blog post per week)
  • Reaching out to 10 new people for collaboration each week
Besides that,
  • I will launch my book in 2019 (the first draft is ready)
  • Create one online course on email management and
  • Create one additional product.

Martin Boeddeker

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jun 5, 2018
Paderborn, Deutschland
You'd be looking like you'd come from Auschwitz

View attachment 23267

I wanted to lose 10kg AND lose 5% body fat.

Right now I'm around 21%-22%. So that would mean to go to 16% in 3 months, which should be feasible if I stick to my diet and do some exercise.

Until the end f the year I want to lose another 5% to get to around 12%.

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
I have no goals in 2019. Goals are things that you try to achieve. I'm done with trying.

I have made the decision to building some income generating assets that over the course of this year will generate $100,000. Sounds small, but they'll do more in 2020 with barely any time commitment and will be the foundation of a much larger beast.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I wanted to lose 10kg AND lose 5% body fat.

Right now I'm around 21%-22%. So that would mean to go to 16% in 3 months, which should be feasible if I stick to my diet and do some exercise.

Until the end f the year I want to lose another 5% to get to around 12%.
My bad...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
1. 2019 is the year I finally get healthy. I’m going to lose 100lbs. I will exercise 6 days a week while intermittent fasting 16/8.
2. I will finally go to one of the meetups here in the area.
3. I’m going to buy a sports car/truck (haven’t decided which yet). This purchase is my reward for the 100lbs I will lose this year.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.