The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you accomplish in 2019?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Not a New Year's Resolution thread, but a mere proclamation of what you will accomplish in 2019.

List one thing, or many.

Whatever you resolve to do.

Please keep your proclamation measurable!

Lose weight is not measurable, lose 50 lbs is!
Start a business is not measurable, sell X units is!

This time next year, we will bump this thread and see how things went!

I'll start:

I will release at LEAST one book in 2019, either under the Unscripted nameplate or other.

This might not seem to be a big proclamation, but for me it is. My history shows that I take anywhere from 3 to 5 years to write and publish something. I'd like actually take my writing time down to less than 1 year and time to market in under 6 months.

I will manage to gain 5 more clients in the month of January, and I will reach at least $10,000 in monthly revenue before the 2nd quarter of the year.

but those aren't my main goals, my main goal this year is to do gain more knowledge, read at least 10 books a month (I've usually got a lot of free time so it's possible), and do whatever the hell I want :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sebah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
533%
Mar 28, 2017
Germany
My goals are:

- Stop just lurking here
- Sort out personal life and defeat depression
- Improve Mindset/Discipline
- loose 30 KG (66 ish lbs)
- Start working out consistently
- Figure out what I want from life, set goals and start working towards these
- Figure out how I can help people
- Make my 1st EUR online and adjust while I go
- Try to be a little bit better than yesterday, every day
- Improve English
- Maybe write a Book ?!? ( Because I always wanted to, don't even know why and what about tho )
- Master a Skill?

click here to see my progress

Last edited:

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Here are my 2019 goals:

• Weigh 215 pounds by 31 December 2019 (Started at 267 pounds)
  • Only eat a Whole Foods Plant-Based Diet (The Dr. John McDougall plan)
  • Finish the Neuse River Bridge Run Half Marathon on 23 March 2019 in under 3 hours (I haven’t ran more than 1.5 miles at a time since having multiple pulmonary embolisms and a deep vein thrombosis in June 2014)
  • Work at least 10 hours a week on my business
  • Create YouTube and Blog content promoting a Whole Foods Plant Based Diet for health and environmental benefits.

Last edited:

Matias

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Jun 4, 2018
La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
This year I want to make a real breakthrough in my life.
Some context:
I am 41 years old.

I am a 20 years experienced software developer and I am married and I have 1 son with my wife and 2 son's with a former partner.

I am really tired of working for someone else, I read TMF and opened my mind to the possibility of creating wealth in a fast way and creating systems (It is what I do for god sake!!)

2019 Business Goals:
This 2019 I want to run 5 experiments in creating source of income:
4 MVP's for IT startups, mostly Free Trial 30 days digital services than then convert to PREMIUM subscription.
1 eBook about my first 20 years software developer experience and future trends in the field.

I will put some sort of metric in order to see which of the 4 MVPs are more suitable to make a big success.

2019 Healthy Goals:
1. Lose 60 punds ( 28Kg ) => This implies eating healthy and doing so much more exercise
2. Be more social and engage more with people I love.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Oh wow, you all are so awesome. Would be cool to revive this thread in December, to have everyone post the results, wins and/or changes in this short bullet point style!
Ok, here goes (feels like diving into cold water for me):

- set up an online shop with my own jewelry brand:
use knowledge of jekyll and combine with snipcart and other useful resources to set it up (to try and not having to hire expensive web devs, will help in learning about programming more, too. Also static html pages rock).
Create 10 pieces of jewelry as prototypes and then try to streamline the production process, to remove myself as the bottleneck asap. Get the shop ready so to have made at least 10 sales at the end of March (and validate the need!), and at least a hundred at the end of July. Figure out way to automate the production, selling, and especially advertising. Plan to market via Adwords, facebook and possibly Instagram

- get consistent work as a design consultant, to finance my more fastlane-ish endeavors.
This means at least 2k rev a month to cover my expenses and then some. Need to get more clients, so I will call at least 5 prospects per week, as long as I don't have enough recurring ones incoming (which has gotten more and more in 2018, yay!)

- continue working on my secret illustration project with drawing at least 3 new pictures per week.

- continue meditating every day
- be useful/helpful/loving/selfless to at least one person once per day
- and NEVER QUIT. The ONLY person that stands in the way of the realization of my dreams is MYSELF!

Happy New Year everyone! :praise:

And @Andy Black , interesting that one of your goals is spending at least 10$ to get more leads? Usually I would have expected something like "get X more leads per day"...any special reason for that?

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
  1. Hit 1m in annual sales
  2. Grow off-Amazon profit enough to cover living expenses.
  3. Save at least $100,000 for an emergency fund
Somethings that are not quantifiable:
  1. Be true to myself and act according to principles I believe in. I did a few things that I'm not proud of and don't consider that to be who I am in 2018.
  2. Improve the relationships and connections with the people around me.
  3. Do more fun things I enjoy.

scott.legendre

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
235%
Aug 5, 2013
I'm enjoying the tonality of this thread. There's no "I'm going to try and...." but straightforward "I will"

I have 2 goals for the year.
  • I will, at a minimum, double the sales revenue of my business
  • I will leave my day job before year end
I have a daily goal of doing something every day that moves me closer with the above goals. I have an almost 2 year old who has become attached to daddaa, so sometimes this will involve late nights and little sleep.

EPerceptions

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 6, 2013
Virginia/Arizona
In 2017, I checked out and drifted a bit (personal tragedy).
In 2018, I started coming out of my shell (standing back up).
In 2019, I'm moving forward.

- $1000/mo minimum of royalty income.
- Minimum of 3 product photo shoots per week.
- Buy a Class C RV.
- Go on a freaking date :)

Conor506

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Nov 21, 2018
Thailand
It's not so much a goal as a reorganizing of how I approach my goals but I actually reduced the amount of daily work I demand of myself. I currently work a full time job as a primary teacher in an international school and I use to try and make myself do too much and end up only doing half of what I intended and just feeling bad about myself because of it.

I have a daily list I refer to as "The Work" that I do every day and I reduced it to roughly half of it was before:
  • Two 45 minute "pomodoro's" of work on my side business and one of those blocks has to be from the #1 goal on my business plan to keep me focused on what matters and not waste time on less relevant but more fun work.
  • Play with my daughter and make some healthy food for her.
  • Meditate for ten minutes.
  • Be in bed by 9:30 every night except Friday and Saturday.
I usually do more than just an hour and a half of work on my side hustle but no I don't feel as guilty when I don't now and I also feel more consistent. That might not be the kind of motivating idea that people generally say but I was starting to have some self-esteem issues where I was beating myself up too much about not being farther along in my goals than I am. By narrowing it down to what I'm truly capable of at this time in my life and making sure to take spend time with my daughter and wife I feel better.

As for my goals this year in general I'm taking the Google Adwords tests this weekend and once certified I'm going to find a charity, or anyone I can help, to foot the ad spend and get them some results this month.

My goal for the end of this year is to pivot from doing web design projects on the side to having a retainer based business running ads for businesses.

I'm planning to build up to 5K a month recurring by mid-summer and once I have my sales processes down go for 10K a month by the end of the year.

I'm still trading time for money but the $ per hour will be much much higher than my current work and I plan to start investing that money into other projects in the following years.

Best of luck to everyone and happy new year!

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
Serving fire victims by helping them through the home re-building process.
What a great way to use your skills to provide value.

I will leave my day job before year end
I will leave my day job in 5 years.

HEALTH:
I will lose 70 lbs; I'd like to lose 5 lbs per week at first, then 3.
I will go to the gym 3x per week.

BUSINESS:
I will sell 10 items online to break out of my inaction.
I will get my LPC (so I can be a counselor outside of working for someone else), because I can retire in 5 years, anyway. I realize this is a slowlane pursuit, but I want to get it while I am a school counselor so I can have the freedom to do it when I retire, because I like it and in case I need to supplement my income while I keep working on fastlane businesses.
I will invest in a property.
I will work on a website idea that I have (unless I think of a better one).

FAMILY:
I will help my two college kids launch their lives with no debt.
I will declutter and fix my house: 1 room per month.

TLO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 1, 2019
Great that this thread has actually allowed us to peak into a lot of different lives and stories. Some of happenings here, I had no idea! Awesome to hear it what's already happening, and what will happen.

Wow, congrats! We need to hear your story!

Ok, I will keep it as short as I can. It is a slow lanner becoming a fast lanner. As a single parent kid growing up on food stamps, government cheese, and living in the projects I always had a deep desire to move up the socio-economic latter and prove myself so I became a physician although I have always had the entrepreneur mindset. Coming out of medical school and residency I realized I was not employable (you entrepreneurs out there know what I mean) so I started my own clinic. I knew I wanted more than what a typical doctors lifestyle was (work crazy hours and be a mega consumer). Physicians are paid per thing they do...….procedure or seeing a patient. In a lot of ways, being a doctor is like being a plumber. When you are a plumber......if you fix a drain, it takes time and are paid per drain to fix. There are only so many drains you can fix in a day as a plumber (as a physician there are only so many patients you can see in a day). Now the smart plumber is one who knows his trade well then hires plumbers to work underneath him....... This is what I have done as a physician. I wanted to be the plumber who has plumbers underneath him. Currently I have 4 offices and I focus on making our business special. My goal, as I am a very specialized, is to grow this company to the point that I can sale it within the next 4 years. I already have one offer but think I could double that offer in 2 years. May sell then. But even if I don't want to get rid of my business , I continually try to eliminate myself in it so that I will continue to have an income forever and need to be present minimally. A couple of trials of this I have done like taking 1 month vacations at a time......it feels great to leave your business for 1 month and return with your numbers actually increasing.

I hope this was helpful. Of note, I was able to pay off my home this year because as my income has transformed over the past couple of years (topped 2M this year), I have lived off of the same income that I started with and eliminated 300K in student debt (slow lane stupid mistakes). I built my families dream home and paid it off with a 600K check. Today, as I was running and listening to Unscripted , it was at the part about FU money. I can relate to what MJ said with not dealing with a bank for your home. It feels great.

Lastly, it is funny how you can make so many stupid mistakes in the slow lane but when you take action and get into the fast lane you can erase a lot of those mistakes.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
In 2019 i will:
1.Help my nation of birth by offering them websites
2.Sell 3 people counters every month
3.Help 100 people by the end of the year
4.Make 1000$/month by myself through any means
5.Help the family buisness through advertising
6. Write 15 copy righting ads a month
7.Eat healthily and walk/jog 1hr a day.Thus getting me down to 50 pounds
8.Learn Spanish Fluently

MashaN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Sep 24, 2018
Canada, AB
Ok, I will keep it as short as I can. It is a slow lanner becoming a fast lanner. As a single parent kid growing up on food stamps, government cheese, and living in the projects I always had a deep desire to move up the socio-economic latter and prove myself so I became a physician although I have always had the entrepreneur mindset. Coming out of medical school and residency I realized I was not employable (you entrepreneurs out there know what I mean) so I started my own clinic. I knew I wanted more than what a typical doctors lifestyle was (work crazy hours and be a mega consumer). Physicians are paid per thing they do...….procedure or seeing a patient. In a lot of ways, being a doctor is like being a plumber. When you are a plumber......if you fix a drain, it takes time and are paid per drain to fix. There are only so many drains you can fix in a day as a plumber (as a physician there are only so many patients you can see in a day). Now the smart plumber is one who knows his trade well then hires plumbers to work underneath him....... This is what I have done as a physician. I wanted to be the plumber who has plumbers underneath him. Currently I have 4 offices and I focus on making our business special. My goal, as I am a very specialized, is to grow this company to the point that I can sale it within the next 4 years. I already have one offer but think I could double that offer in 2 years. May sell then. But even if I don't want to get rid of my business , I continually try to eliminate myself in it so that I will continue to have an income forever and need to be present minimally. A couple of trials of this I have done like taking 1 month vacations at a time......it feels great to leave your business for 1 month and return with your numbers actually increasing.

I hope this was helpful. Of note, I was able to pay off my home this year because as my income has transformed over the past couple of years (topped 2M this year), I have lived off of the same income that I started with and eliminated 300K in student debt (slow lane stupid mistakes). I built my families dream home and paid it off with a 600K check. Today, as I was running and listening to Unscripted , it was at the part about FU money. I can relate to what MJ said with not dealing with a bank for your home. It feels great.

Lastly, it is funny how you can make so many stupid mistakes in the slow lane but when you take action and get into the fast lane you can erase a lot of those mistakes.
Wow what a story!
Thanks for sharing.

So true about stupid mistakes. They seems so daunting too, like they run your life. But so irrelevant to your happiness once you break free.

Prakhar Verma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Dec 12, 2018
Here are my statements for 2019:
  • I will level up in the game of money
    • I will invest my time and money into financial education
    • I will bring immense, rare value to the world
  • I commit to mastery
    • I will level up to reach my speaking potential
    • I will level up my writing skills
    • I will level up my coaching skills
  • I will take the time to live
    • I will set “free hours”
    • I will pause
    • I will not stay stressed because of the passing time, life’s imperfections or uncertainty
    • I will do the things that bring me joy
  • I will travel
    • I will move out of the home to see and learn from the world
    • I will create unforgettable experiences
  • I will meet and find more like-minded people
    • I will form and nurture meaningful relationships (some of them will last for the lifetime)
    • I will give my time and attention to the people I love
    • I will help and be resourceful
  • I will take my health and fitness to the next level
    • I will progress (in terms of skills, fitness, strength, etc.)
    • I will continue to learn more about health and fitness
  • I will level up my productivity
    • I will focus on the essentials
    • I will do the things that must be done
    • I will continually experiment and optimize
  • I will run an exceptional business
    • I will level up my customer service
    • I will level up my services, products, and content
    • I will massively grow my audience
  • I will choose to live in a beautiful state
    • I will take care of my mental and emotional health
    • I will not deny my thoughts and emotions
    • I will unblock my limiting beliefs

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
1) Expand my product line under my main brand to 4 products. Currently have 2 established products.

2) Have my website built for above brand... selling a lot but have no established site...

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
2) Have my website built for above brand... selling a lot but have no established site...
So let me ask you this. If you're already selling a lot what are you tring to accomplish with a website?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
This year is about scaling systems to continue growing sustainably - cant just keep grinding out hours at this point.

1. Business one: 1.5M in revenue
  2. Business two: 100k in revenue
  3. Business three: 10 rental units (or save up 40k to purchase the remaining units)
  4. Get my business degree (lol)
  5. Read 30 books
  6. Keep relearning french
  7. Hit that 600 pound deadlift without jacking up my back
  8. Hover around 205 pounds at 10% bf

Remain healthy and happy and help others do the same.

Last edited:

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
My goals:

* Lose 35 lbs
* Get out of debt
* Quit smoking cigarettes
* Get more organized; get my systems in Trello fine tuned
* Get my business website for Copywriting and SEO setup and get a revenue of at least $3k/monthly (I am shooting for this to be a 12 week goal)
* Get an eCommerce business started with a monthly revenue of at least $5k by the end of the year
* Get more involved with social media and blog posts to build a brand, build influence
* Read or listen to at least 20 books
* Help my friend get her business started so she can quit her job
* Learn 3 new songs on guitar
* Find a Krav Maga instructor; get back into self-defense training.
* Take one big vacation (To be determined)
* Make one new friend

Last edited:

ErikKriebel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Feb 16, 2018
-
Awesome, thanks for sharing MJ and other fastlaners!

My goals are:
Physical:
- Get rid of my chest injury (This is reached when I can do at least 5 dips again)
- Be able to do 5 handstand push-ups
- Be able to run 20 Km.

Business:
- Sell at least 5 more Year Fitness transformations
- Create a fully automated flexibility (Or training) program, sell it for at least €147,-, Sell at least 100 of them.
- Set up a working website which will help people get the right program for them.
- Put in the focus on 1 thing (means to devote at least 40 focussed hours in a week to 1 business)

There is more on more levels of my life, but I think these are the most relevant for on this forum!

Let's go crush it!

Bora.s

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Aug 12, 2018
Proclamation for 2019
  1. To work on my Amazon Business instead of working in my business. I finally understood the concept. I will find and train a virtual assistant.

2. Start a digital marketing agency. Thanks to Sean Marshall for the Thread “CHECKLIST: How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days”

3. To change the slow lane to fast lane.
I am pleased to have found this forum and to meet like-minded people here.

Big thanks to MJ DeMarco!
Happy New Year Everyone!

Meditations01

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 20, 2018
Croatia
By 1st of January, 2020.

1. Add working out 6 times a week, as a consistent habit.
2. Add meditating everyday, as a consistent habit.
3. Add eating artificial sugar at most once a week, as a consistent habit.
4. Add reading a book a week, as a consistent habit.
5. Break into $1k a month income from my business.
6. Lose 18 lbs and get back to 155lbs (lean, mean, killing machine).

ErikKriebel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Feb 16, 2018
-
I continually try to eliminate myself in it so that I will continue to have an income forever and need to be present minimally.
Love this kind of thinking... reminds me of the book ''The E-myth''... I definitely garuantee it to you!

Keep sharing your story... it's an inspiration!

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
Finish the development of my app by the end of 2019.
- Already used the Holidays to finish the Prototype by December 31st :)
- Plan to launch it and start a company in 2020

Wake up at 4:30 AM every day (currently waking up at 5:00 AM)
- Use the mornings to work on my business and form healthy habits.

Lose 10 pounds of fat while retaining muscle and get down to 12% body fat.
- Get a six pack.

Start Meditating everyday {5-10 minutes}

Read + Listen to a book a week (100 for the whole year).
- This includes re-reading some of the books which resonate with me (eg: TMF , Unscripted )

Get a much higher paying job while working less hours / days.
- Already negotiated this with a few companies, just need to pull the trigger
- Use extra money + bonuses to help fund the first year of full time entrepreneurship.

Last edited:

LeoRoosevelt48

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 31, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I want to have a rough draft of my book written before October of 2019. I am still looking at the best way to approach writing a book, need to do more research in this forum about that experience.

Additionally, I have a business plan lined up, being reviewed by mentors and I plan to join the INSIDERS forum for feedback! I want to have a first trial client by Feb 2019

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.