The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Mine no longer works. I've had nothing but problems with Dyson vacuums.

They advertise themselves as a great bulletproof vacuum, but right now for me, they are all marketing and not a productocracy. Perhaps others have had better luck than I.
I switched from Dyson to bissel bagless ones and they work just as well for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
2B2A384E-0A81-415B-A675-EA67511F5A64.jpeg

My Rane 72mk2 mixer. The sound quality alone puts other brands to shame. This is definitely a productocracy.

13FE6EA6-1282-4342-B988-8D74737873BB.jpeg
Also my pull up bar and ab straps. Since I have high door frames this is the perfect height for me
1F7D1E29-7ABC-47A4-816B-C157D34A53D8.png

And also one of these water bottles, has helped me drink sooo much more water than before.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My Rane 72mk2 mixer. The sound quality alone puts other brands to shame.

Wait, so they still make records that can be mixed and scratched?

Paul Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Aug 7, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
This exact Thermos brand stainless-steel tumbler (16-oz) is pretty awesome, it eliminates coffee spills while driving and maintains its temperature. I don't drive anywhere without one of these. When this thing is closed, you can hold it upside down with scalding coffee inside and it won't drip a single drop. Note that they tried to replace this awesome lid with a different mechanism that leaks like a SIV. The one that doesn't leak is shown here with thumb/rotation closing mechanism. The one that sucks is a direct push forward type of lid (but I think it's discontinued). Anyway, a nice lifestyle improvement for coffee addicts and these things last for years and years. Just fill it max below the metal line inside...and it won't leak.

Attachments

• Tumbler.PNG
    Tumbler.PNG
    94.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Correct.PNG
    Correct.PNG
    242.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Paul Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Aug 7, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
Seconding a post from:

jon.a

Logitech Ergo wireless trackball (latest version is M575). They have a fancier version now too with a wrist angle option. I've used these for years and (I suppose) mice are highly subjective. However, when you get used to these they're fantastic and there is basically no wrist strain or other other issues, and its clear why...your wrist doesn't actually move. Occasionally you pop out the ball out to clean it, no big deal. They save desk space and obviously there are no mouse pads. You can also use these on say, an airplane, without resorting to touchpads or mini mice. Very productive and comfortable device that you can take anywhere, w/no cables.

Attachments

• ERGO_575.PNG
    ERGO_575.PNG
    206 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Paul Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Aug 7, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
The Costa Ricans have an ultra-sophisticated technologically-advanced coffee system that everyone uses. It looks like this:
Coffee_1.PNG
I've always jokingly referred to this as the 'dirty sock.' Surprisingly, it makes a damn good cup of coffee if you use boiling water and actually clean it every now and then. So back here in the states I adopted this system into a more hygienic (ultra-advanced, state-of-the-art) system based on the same principle:

Coffee_2.PNG Coffee_3.PNG
Seriously, this is dirt cheap and produces excellent drip coffee (Manual Drip Coffee Filter Cone + #6 filters). I buy the filters in bulk on Amazon and pour directly into a large thermos. I guess the best value would be to kick the habit. But without exhorting to such draconian measures I'd recommend this route any day.

I know this seems like a 'cheapo' solution, but I've spent a fortune on different coffee machines and this delivers the best cup. As an added bonus, with daily experience in the 'black arts' -- you too can develop awe-inspiring unique coffee-making skills. I mix my own blends and often experiment with flavors.

Last edited:

Paul Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Aug 7, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
Here is something I've had for over a year now and today I realized that it has provided tremendous value for me:

View attachment 33848

Behold the Neo 120 bidet. Bolts under your existing toilet seat, taps into your existing water line. Install takes less than 10 minutes. It's silently changed the lives of my family.

After spending time in South Korea and Japan, I wanted to have a bidet. Foreign and strange at first, I found that I would emerge from the bathroom feeling like a newborn baby.

It's less than $40.

Oh, and we had ZERO worries about TP supply during C0VlD. You use drastically less paper.

And if you have any problems with clogs pertaining to flushable wipes, you can rest easy. You aren't spending dumb bucks on those wipes anymore. You can *wipe* that expense off your monthly budget sheet my friend.

My good friend got curious and tried it. He got one less than a week later. And then one of his friends did the same.

Buy one from Amazon. Like today. You're welcome.
Life just got an upgrade, man!
Here is something I've had for over a year now and today I realized that it has provided tremendous value for me:

View attachment 33848

Behold the Neo 120 bidet. Bolts under your existing toilet seat, taps into your existing water line. Install takes less than 10 minutes. It's silently changed the lives of my family.

After spending time in South Korea and Japan, I wanted to have a bidet. Foreign and strange at first, I found that I would emerge from the bathroom feeling like a newborn baby.

It's less than $40.

Oh, and we had ZERO worries about TP supply during C0VlD. You use drastically less paper.

And if you have any problems with clogs pertaining to flushable wipes, you can rest easy. You aren't spending dumb bucks on those wipes anymore. You can *wipe* that expense off your monthly budget sheet my friend.

My good friend got curious and tried it. He got one less than a week later. And then one of his friends did the same.

Buy one from Amazon. Like today. You're welcome.
'All at once, the clouds are parted, light streams down, in bright unbroken beams.'
(Cue Church Pipe Organ music).... ;-) Just ordered one.

Last edited:

Paul Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Aug 7, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
I bought this backpack 3 years ago, for about €100. It's neatly organised, quite solid and serves multiple purposes (everyday work, trip, light grocery shopping...). Multiple compartments for laptop, pens, books and folders, side and hidden pockets... It can even be 'expanded' if more room is needed.
41nUJag6x6L._AC_UL260_SR200,260_.jpg
After those 3 years of use EVERY SINGLE DAY, it still looks like new.
What's the brand/make? Curious....

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
1. Two well made porcelain veneers I had done some years ago in South East Asia, for a great price of about $480 total. This dramatically improved my smile, and would've cost $2,500 - $5,000 back home, at the very least.

2. My tiny travel size wahl hair clipper. It was about $25, but can probably be found cheaper.
Been using it for 3 years, and it still gives a great self-cut and clean close shave. I've been cutting my own hair since 2007. I enjoy doing it, and it feels great to look fresh all the time. Also, not having to morph into a caveman, because there's a lockdown and whatnot.

wahl.JPG

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
$30 worth of udemy courses got me a $12,000 raise at work.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Which courses do you recommend?
I took these (the price went up a bit since I took them):

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Wait, so they still make records that can be mixed and scratched?
Not selling anything..

Not sure if you already know this, or if I am understanding your enquiry... but you can buy "blank" records, that sync to your computer.. which you can scratch and play around with synced to the computer.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbyRFmpmKlg

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
Finally you can share it with friends.
This Daylio has been one amazing thing I've learned on this thread. My daughter loves it too.

hobbsie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Sep 16, 2021
View attachment 17072

Besides buying TMF and Unscripted ? (seriously)

This ^^^

And the necessary Olympic weights and bench to go with it.

About $2,000 all said and done, and by far some of the best money I've ever spent.

Saves gym membership fee's, save HUGE amounts of time since it's in my garage, and keeps me healthy.

And I don't have to deal with the "New Year's Resolution" gym goers every January (that alone is worth way more than what I spent haha)
Home exercise equipment is always a GREAT buy

DaleTheDog

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 25, 2020
Tampa Bay
YouTube Premium. For $15.99 a month, no ads on my phone and my Roku, plus I can play YouTube in the background without it being locked? Take my money! :)
You can watch YouTube ad-free on your phone if you download "VancedApp". Youtube has gotten crazy with the insane amount of ads they put on videos, so now I save so much more time and frustration without coming across a single ad.

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
You can watch YouTube ad-free on your phone if you download "VancedApp". Youtube has gotten crazy with the insane amount of ads they put on videos, so now I save so much more time and frustration without coming across a single ad.
Just scroll to the end of the video, and press "replay", and all ads are gone

Eat that James Jani.. Jk

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021
I'd probably say The Millionaire Fastlane ...

I mean - it cost like $15 and it turned on the Unscripted switch in my head.
Awesome, i would say the same. but i had bought a few books and read them before i got the Millionaire fastlane ..but the moment i had read it. i saw how much it enlightened me. i searched for the unscripted and now am at the great rat race....i dont mind the cost. "the content and the reality towards how to make it as an entreprenuer has never been so clear."

D

Deleted72149

What is the best "value" you ever paid for?

Just curious to hear people's experiences.

For me, my foam roller was a great value. It cost around $20 bucks but helps relieve my back and neck of stress and pain. On bad days, rolling on this thing becomes the best $20 bucks I ever spent!

717E9lDfEaL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

What is the best $X you ever spent?

There is no limit ... if you spent $80K on a Corvette and felt is was the best value ever, then that's OK!

Let's hear it!
A leather bound journal my mother gave me has been by far the greatest value in my life. It is pocket sized and personalized. I believe my most important work has been done in this journal.
It took a long time to fill the journal up. With goals and dreams and ideas. But it has.become.my favorite book to read.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Video game for Nintendo Switch. This game is magical. One of the most amazing experiences I’ve ever had in my life. Look into it, it’s incredible.

Oh yea and my Yeti cup.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Probably Guitar Pro 5 back when it came out. Tabs made out of ASCII characters were terrible to read, and GP let you play it back!! The guitar software available today is more widespread but I probably used that more than anything else from age 15-20.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I recently bought Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance smart light bulbs. With a smartphone app you can change their color (you can choose whatever color you want or choose one of the room presets), brightness, and even set up some automation.

When it gets dark outside, instead of exposing my eyes to harsh white light I go with orange or red with its brightness reduced to 50% or below. Definitely helps wind down before sleep.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I recently bought Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance smart light bulbs. With a smartphone app you can change their color (you can choose whatever color you want or choose one of the room presets), brightness, and even set up some automation.

When it gets dark outside, instead of exposing my eyes to harsh white light I go with orange or red with its brightness reduced to 50% or below. Definitely helps wind down before sleep.
is this for your home? For some reason I thought you were living in a perpetual state of traveling the world!

What country are you in now, if you don't mind sharing?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
is this for your home? For some reason I thought you were living in a perpetual state of traveling the world!

What country are you in now, if you don't mind sharing?

Yeah for my apartment in my home country. Currently I'm not traveling. Traveling is damn annoying now with all the restrictions. Where I am now people at least aren't covid-crazy.

Send me a PM and I'll answer that second question :) I can't access your profile.

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
An Apple watch actually. I had a series 3, now a series 5 and they both are excellent.

It helps me track my exercise, let's me set timers to remind myself of things, and even has a built in flashlight. Makes me feel like Batman. I can also track the weather, use meditation apps from it, and it reminds me to stand up when I've been sitting idle for too long. Game changer!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.