The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
I have this brand also. I have a Q5. It’s much better than the Roomba brand. I am wondering if I should upgrade to the one that actually mops also.
I have an s6 maxv. The vacuum is great but I’m not a fan of the mop. Maybe the s7 is better idk.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Assuming it lasts longer than 6 months, it helps keep a 13,000 square foot house clean. No mapping required, users Lidar, and automatically empties. I didn't have high expectations for an automated vacuum, but thus far this thing is pretty damn effective.
I’ve had mine 2.5 years and still quite solid. The parts are easy to replace.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I originally bought the cheap roomba version that did not use LiDAR. It basically has to bump into something to map it and it made scuff marks on all my white baseboards, and then transferred the paint it took off onto my furniture. Lol.
I have a roomba and 2 other brands sitting a pile waiting for e-waste pick up. My wife was talking about getting another one today. So thanks for the well timed post. I'm assuming you'd recommend it?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a roomba and 2 other brands sitting a pile waiting for e-waste pick up. My wife was talking about getting another one today. So thanks for the well timed post. I'm assuming you'd recommend it?
What are the other two brands and what don’t you like about them? The Roborock is the second one that I have tried and I really like it. The app is really good and it maps out exactly where the robot has been.

The white lines show the route of the robot. The big circles are because it is going around chair legs. I’m amazed at how good the lidar works to map the house. It doesn’t touch the wall. It gets to within half of an inch of the wall and turns.

If I had to do it again, I would have upgraded to one with an automatic dust bin removal.

F760A6ED-15A3-4C4A-B10D-7F26D5DAA779.jpeg

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
What are the other two brands and what don’t you like about them? The Roborock is the second one that I have tried and I really like it. The app is really good and it maps out exactly where the robot has been.

The white lines show the route of the robot. The big circles are because it is going around chair legs. I’m amazed at how good the lidar works to map the house. It doesn’t touch the wall. It gets to within half of an inch of the wall and turns.

If I had to do it again, I would have upgraded to one with an automatic dust bin removal.

View attachment 46687
The last one was the iRobot i3+. It would find it's dock but just stop charging and never resume it's schedule. I cleaned the contacts, replaced the contacts, tried to improve the contacts with higher copper pads and it still wouldn't work. It would dock, start charging, then a few minutes later, stop. It was just over a year old.

Before that we had a Bissell. Most of my house is hardwood with the odd area rug thrown in. It worked well enough on the floors but it sucked (or didn't suck well enough as the case may be) on the rugs. With two short haired dogs it just wasn't cutting it. It had a mopping option too but it was cumbersome to switch over. I like the idea of a vacuum that can do both. BTW got any top secret new dog accessory to help clean muddy paws? ;)

Prior to that we had a cheap and dumb iLife version that would just bounce off of everything and not map out any rooms. It was loud and would run for 2 hours before it found it's way back to the dock. That one threw a fault code one day about a battery failure. It wasn't worth fixing.

Lee James

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 3, 2023
U.k.
This thread is DECENT!!

Maybe not my fav of all time, but of late...
coffee logs.jpeg
The reasons being:

1. They are the same price as standard logs
2. They burn hotter (heat the room up quicker - a double win for UK homes with RIDIIIIICULOUS energy bills atm haha)
3. They produce about 90% less ash than standard logs
4. They come in a bag you can also burn... heh
5. MY FAV POINT They are made from the coffee grounds that coffee shops would usually throw away! Entrepreneurship at its finest IMO

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Books hands down for now.

adilbek

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jan 30, 2023
YNAB. It's short for You Need A Budget (youneedabudget.com), coupling that with the Profit First model by Mike Michalowicz has really helped me get a solid grip on finances.
I am using YNAB but haven't heard of the profit first model, just looked it up. Do you use YNAB for business use or do you combine it with personal budgets?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I am using YNAB but haven't heard of the profit first model, just looked it up. Do you use YNAB for business use or do you combine it with personal budgets?
Do you really need a formal program? How about a pad and a pencil? How about tracking all of your income and expenses? How about writing down a plan? How about maxing out your income and then spending a small percentage of that money like a poor church mouse? It comes down to this. It doesn't matter how much money you make or acquire IF you outspend your resources. I have seen people with amazing salaries go down in flames. After you save and accumulate a nest egg, then you invest it in a business or an investment deal. It is a tried and true path. Oh yes, it goes without saying. You must educate yourself and then work like hell to make your life and business ventures a success.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
I use YNAB with Profit First for both my personal and business budgets.

Jupit_e_r

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 7, 2023
France
I think the purchase that brought me the most value is my 1 gallon water bottle

I bought it 6€, every morning, when I get up I fill it completely, and my goal for the day is to finish it
Thanks to this, I was able to get into the habit of drinking water, and this allowed me to create a morning routine (waking up, filling the bottle, meditating and going to the gym)

imntsatisfiedyet

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Nov 27, 2022
Hamburg, Germany
Kindle Paperwhite. Before I had a Kindle, I was never that big of a reader. Although I find it somewhat questionable to read "a lot" and get a real world benefit from it.

When I read a book I try to summarize my highlighted parts afterwards and write down action steps for myself, because otherwise it's a kind of "paralyzing" progress.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Kindle Paperwhite. Before I had a Kindle, I was never that big of a reader. Although I find it somewhat questionable to read "a lot" and get a real world benefit from it.

When I read a book I try to summarize my highlighted parts afterwards and write down action steps for myself, because otherwise it's a kind of "paralyzing" progress.
I listen to audiobooks and audio castes so I can work through mindless tasks while I listen. It makes the tasks feel like they go faster.

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
ChatGPT 4 - I now have a brainstorming partner. Use it almost every day. In combination with some other tools and techniques, it's helped me make some big decisions, quickly.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
ChatGPT 4 - I now have a brainstorming partner. Use it almost every day. In combination with some other tools and techniques, it's helped me make some big decisions, quickly.

+1

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana
COMPLETELY AGREE AND RELATE. I use ChatGPT + Notion + Knowledge from the Internet to learn about new topics and stuff at a crazy speed. What are some other tools you use?

TeeJay_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 4, 2023
A $700 mountain bike I bought in 2008 that provided me with so much happiness and benefits for my mind and my body year after year that still is working like new today.

A $500 camera lens that got me contracts, got me into adventures, made me connect with other people, etc. in the last 10 years.

A $50 honesteel from the 1970s bought on eBay 10 years ago that took care of all my kitchen knives on a daily basis and even helped me with some renovations at home when no other tool could do the job without breaking apart.

My portable Weber charcoal BBQ built like a tank (paid $100), cooks super well, enjoyed so many amazing summer nights all around town and even met other people while cooking (for some reason they were fascinated by my BBQ model), food is really a universal "people connector".

As I get older, the memories that are generated from using various products (like my mountain bike, the camera lens, the bbq) gain more and more value and I cannot put a price on them.

Last edited:

DeepKulshreshtha

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Feb 21, 2023
50$ spent on a wordpress domain.

I write tech blogs, and post them on my social media. (LinkedIn/ Twitter )
Am a Software engineer by profession, and introvert by nature. I had never understood marketing.

However, from the day I started publishing technology blogs, I received more and higher paying offers.
My income increased 3x. A good investment.

Goes to show the power of sales/ marketing. And the fact that many like me, do not understand its power.

vladikcm

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 2, 2022
Spain
Best value I paid for:

My raspberry pi 4 with 8GB RAM. This allows me to create a local server using my house's WiFi and I can connect to it using a VPN from anywhere (so if I am in a WiFi I don't trust I just connect using WireGuard and voilà! I am connected to my house internet which I trust).

Also I can install local apps like a cloud service where I can put my documents and access them from anywhere without the need to take a pendrive or trust Google or other sites for their cloud service (this will save me around 10$ a month). Also I can connect a keyboard and a monitor to it and use it as my normal computer all in a 15cm x 15cm length.

The Raspberry with and SD card and a shell with a ventilator cost me around 120$. Completely worth the price taking into account that right now it is very hard to obtain one for less than 100$.

Here is the video I followed to install the VPN but there are a lot of them. Also while playing with it, you will learn a lot about IT.

MJ you can even host all the Fastlane Forum using this!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtUl7BfCNMY

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
What is the best "value" you ever paid for?
Not sure if this is absolute best but I bought this kinda no-name backpack for (I believe) less than the $40 Target is charging about 2 years ago and this has been super handy.

I think I paid $20- $30 for it and I have been really impressed by how durable it is, how many pockets it has - (I think it has 6 or 7 - maybe more) double zippers and many pockets. It's been great on flights, for work, for just lugging casual stuff around.

The backpack I had immediately before this cost me $5 - $10 (I may be the cheapskate occasionally) and It was plagued with the Zippers wearing out in about 3 months after purchase, No real space for my larger items but I guess it looked good.

Last edited:

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
www.santamonicasoap.com
The gift that keeps on giving! The education for my boys is nearly priceless and also have many things that I have learned that can be used in other businesses.

Amen to that. Education is the only thing you'll ever really own. You can't get too old. You can't loose in a divorce or bankruptsy. You can't give it away.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
I’d say the most valuable thing I got from my $15 was The Millionaire Fastlane .

It’s great value for a very small price. Absolutely priceless.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Going to have to say my Kindle. I can haul 100's of books around with my everywhere I go without wrecking my back! Not to mention the enormous value I have gotten from all the books I have read!

db0e71a6-0ea2-4818-9b01-9b3ae2d35a8b_1.d85625037c4e3ddf67a80492e950a919.jpeg
To be honest, I prefer real books over kindle.

I want to build my personal library which I can showcase, and I feel much more comfortable when reading real books rather than Kindle.

It’s just a personal preference, I don’t have anything against people who use kindle. It’s a great device for reading.

William Ainslie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 13, 2016
South Africa
Chat-GPT4 subscription.

My R 7500 ($ 400) scleral contact lens, after a corneal graft. Finally able to see with my Right eye for the first time in 3 years.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
To be honest, I prefer real books over kindle.

I want to build my personal library which I can showcase, and I feel much more comfortable when reading real books rather than Kindle.

It’s just a personal preference, I don’t have anything against people who use kindle. It’s a great device for reading.
Same, I also love OWNING books. You don’t own anything on Kindle.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
is Odoo really that good?
isn't great at anything. it does have everything together in one place.
we just upgraded a version and we have a developer doing custom stuff.
like it. now that i know i'm building a bigger company, i often question if i should have gone with a 'bigger' more known (at least in the US) platform

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.