The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey

Lsm87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 27, 2018
The problem with gaining muscles, as far as I know, is the amount of proteins required to eat on a daily basis. I find it not natural to eat 100/150 grams or more of proteins every single day (it should be 3.5/5 oz a day).

What do you think about it?
Sorry for OT, but may I add:

While doing heavy lifting you should consume daily grams of protein between 1.5x - 2x your bodyweight (in kg, I am from Europe); so my weight is 85kg which means I eat between 125g and 150g of proteins per day.

It helps to supplement with Whey shakes and eating eggs, cottage cheese or Skyr to fill up your needs.

ALSO you have to consume FAT (100g per day) to enable production of hormones (like testo) and eat a little over your daily regular calorie intake (+150 to 300 additional calories).

Only then - in combination with heavy lifting until your muscles give up - you will build up muscle mass.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
This ramen. The best of the best of the best ramen ever. I still remember my early days of college where I bought about 20 packets of ramen for one month food supplies.

indomie creator.jpg

Hangover but limited budget? Indomie.
Burning the midnight oil? Indomie.
Broke? Indomie.

Rest in peace, Madam.

Nunuk Nuraini, the Indonesian woman behind Indomie's tantalising flavours, dies at 59​

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm in the mood to spend money, and other "great values" in the last year?

I mentioned this in the APP thread, but CANVA has been absolutely a life-saver for me. I'm so happy that I'm now nearly free of Adobe. :cool:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

I mentioned this in the APP thread, but CANVA has been absolutely a life-saver for me. I'm so happy that I'm now nearly free of Adobe. :cool:
Affinity is a good suite of Adobe replacements too, if you ever want a desktop/laptop app.

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
Daylio

Self-Care Bullet Journal with Goals
Mood Diary & Happiness Tracker

Keep a diary and capture your day without
writing down a single word!

Speaking of ''App'' I started paying for Dayilo. 23.88 a year what it does is pop up a little window asking how my day went. Then you can click little smiley faces similar to the ''hows your pain?'' chart at a doctors office

Next come the ''Activities'' list. By default it comes with Social which includes Family, Friends, Date and Party

It can be as simple or complex as you want. After you click the smiley face you can add notes about the day. Mine is set up to have a complex list of questions which I file out systematically over a hot coffee.

Then here's the magic part. Over time you build a mood chart which can be drilled down by day week month or year. How many days were you not happy? what caused that?
Like I said mine is complex with folders and additional questions.

You can use this app to review connections.
you've had six dates with Mary but felt sad every single of those days with a happier day afterwards.

You can use this app to review business deals.
three days in a row David has not replied, you should reach out about project X

You can use this app to track your own goals and activities.
You've exercised 3 days out of 7 this week.

You cans set a password. Are your entries private? lock them up.

You can export entries into .csv
You can set goals you want to accomplish and track activities towards them.
you can go nuts like this person https://www.reddit.com/r/Daylio/comments/omw0ne View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Daylio/comments/omw0ne/a_tour_of_my_excessive_activities_list/

You can attach photos to each entry (I don't use this feature so no input on it)
Heck there are even little achievements you can earn in app. it's like Snapchat streaks except for your own personal development.

There's a free trial of 7 days then 23.88 per year.
paying for the app means no advertising, unlimited moods, 200+ icons (you can change what a activity shows, infinite reminders (yay lol!) automatic backups, Unlimited goals, Advanced statistics, quite a few color themes, and the function to export entries.

Finally you can share it with friends.
''Hey, I use this great app. Daylio enables you to keep a private diary without having to type a single line. It is free and you can get it at Daylio - Journal, Diary and Mood Tracker ''

Some reading materials

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Me too. I'm spending money again on different projects and investments. And I'm setting up a new group of people around me to help feed me RE investment deals. The pandemic had me spooked for a while, but now I feel better about things in some specific segments.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Mar 22, 2014
YNAB. It's short for You Need A Budget (youneedabudget.com), coupling that with the Profit First model by Mike Michalowicz has really helped me get a solid grip on finances.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I was not able to find a contractor to build a road for me. I needed the road so I could split properties to sell.

After a couple years of talking to contractors, I decided to do it myself. Purchased a John Deere 310 backhoe for 40K. The golf course paid for it and stores it.

I saved about 200K on the cost of the road and still have the tractor.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I was not able to find a contractor to build a road for me. I needed the road so I could split properties to sell.

After a couple years of talking to contractors, I decided to do it myself. Purchased a John Deere 310 backhoe for 40K. The golf course paid for it and stores it.

Was it fun? If so that's got to be worth something as well!!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Was it fun? If so that's got to be worth something as well!!
I should have had you come down for a visit. You could have operated it for me free of charge! :)

It was fun for about an hour. I had a LOT of dirt to move. Initially there was no room or road to the top of the hill where I was getting a lot of my dirt from. So it was one bucket load at a time until I had enough of a road to get a dump truck up there.

Not a lot of fun...2020-11-12 16.44.47.jpg
About half done here.20210723_082050.jpg
Done. Can't see all the road from here. It's about half mile long.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Give me a call Steve, it's been too long!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

We have a lot of heavy equipment too. It really comes in handy.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

MJ, I can tell you without a doubt that getting a second home in Colorado has been a great value for me. Escaping poor weather and going to good weather every year for 3-4 months has recharged me every time I came back to AZ in the fall. I think I’d be miserable spending all year in AZ and never escaping for a few months a year.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
1. Oura Ring (would pay 25x what I paid for it)
2. Tru Dark glasses (got the yellow and the red). Start wearing them around 6p each day.
3. along with 'Alexa, open pink noise' ..... a white noise that increases deep sleep

Led to MUCH better quality sleep while sleeping less hours and a still getting a big increase in deep sleep time each night. Helps with workouts, business, creativity when you are well rested!

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
1. Oura Ring (would pay 25x what I paid for it)
2. Tru Dark glasses (got the yellow and the red). Start wearing them around 6p each day.
3. along with 'Alexa, open pink noise' ..... a white noise that increases deep sleep

Led to MUCH better quality sleep while sleeping less hours and a still getting a big increase in deep sleep time each night. Helps with workouts, business, creativity when you are well rested!
Do you have the pink noise play all night, or just while you fall asleep?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, I can tell you without a doubt that getting a second home in Colorado has been a great value for me. Escaping poor weather and going to good weather every year for 3-4 months has recharged me every time I came back to AZ in the fall. I think I’d be miserable spending all year in AZ and never escaping for a few months a year.

Definitely agree. I'm moving to Utah in September as my primary residence. Sedona might be my "Get away" once the weather turns. Not quite sure yet. I'm actually looking fowrard to a change of seasons after 24 years here in Arizona.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
I'm actually looking fowrard to a change of seasons after 24 years here in Arizona.

Looking forward to reading about your feelings after the first winter lol. But Utah is still super sunny so I guess it's not that huge of a shift. Colder but at least still sunny on most days, not gray skies for weeks on end.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
My original GTX1070 graphics card.

I paid about $750 CAD for this thing back in 2016 or so. It led me down the mining rabbit hole. I have since pulled about $2000 cash out from mining on this thing, and it led to me acquiring a few more graphics cards which led to a super fun and rewarding hobby that has funded my lifestyle the last 18 months or so.

I got my brother to start mining with his single GTX1070 as well. He started later than me, didn't take it as seriously as me so did not have the program up or as optimized as me, and he currently has 1.35 Ethereum in a wallet from this. At todays value that means that not only did he game an unhealthy amount on his $750 investment, but he also has over $3600 worth of Ethereum AND the physical card right now.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looking forward to reading about your feelings after the first winter lol.

I'm in an area that doesn't get a ton of snow, and when it does, it melts pretty fast. But yea, opinions can change quick after enduring it for a few years. The way I look at things is, if we don't like it, we move again. We embrace change and view these things as an adventure.

D

Deleted70138

6118xOPFeqL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I actually got black ones for me and they truly are magic, especially in a noisy environment, airplane, subway, etc.
As a bonus, people might confuse you into a security guard in nightlife venues, so you can kick some of them out by politely asking them to leave.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
View attachment 39123

I actually got black ones for me and they truly are magic, especially in a noisy environment, airplane, subway, etc.
As a bonus, people might confuse you into a security guard in nightlife venues, so you can kick some of them out by politely asking them to leave.

You'll also find that seeing live bands sounds better than ever with them, if you're into that sort of thing.

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia

+1

I've been using it for social media, website and email graphics for the past couple of years and it's been fantastic value. Super easy to use and they keep making it better.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
My Dyson vaccum cleaner. No cord, picks up cat sand, cleans carpets and hard floors well. Threw out 2 shitty handheld ones before getting the top of the line model of the clearly best brand at the moment. Cleaning is a chore I want to make as low friction as possible!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My Dyson vaccum cleaner. No cord, picks up cat sand, cleans carpets and hard floors well. Threw out 2 shitty handheld ones before getting the top of the line model of the clearly best brand at the moment. Cleaning is a chore I want to make as low friction as possible!
My new one has been shipped. I hope I like it as much as you do.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Not sure if I posted it here already. But getting a cleaning lady has been one of the best value I ever paid for. It's very affordable (12.50 euro/hour here in the Netherlands), and she is way more efficient than when I do it myself. I'm not joking as I say she probably does in one hour what would take me 5 hours. Especially the ironing of my shirts, no idea how she does it so quickly.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Not sure if I posted it here already. But getting a cleaning lady has been one of the best value I ever paid for. It's very affordable (12.50 euro/hour here in the Netherlands), and she is way more efficient than when I do it myself. I'm not joking as I say she probably does in one hour what would take me 5 hours. Especially the ironing of my shirts, no idea how she does it so quickly.
It's something I will consider at a later time :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Mine no longer works. I've had nothing but problems with Dyson vacuums.

They advertise themselves as a great bulletproof vacuum, but right now for me, they are all marketing and not a productocracy. Perhaps others have had better luck than I.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Mine no longer works. I've had nothing but problems with Dyson vacuums.

They advertise themselves as a great bulletproof vacuum, but right now for me, they are all marketing and not a productocracy. Perhaps others have had better luck than I.
I have 3 of them t different locations and they work a lot better for me than other brands.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.