The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
A high quality blender and protein powder. I use the blender 3 times a day for daily protein shakes and veg/fruit smoothies. I always struggled to get 200g+ protein in per day and I would always resort to buying extra food or expensive pre bottled protein shakes from the store just to meet my macros but now I buy 4kg of low sugar whey protein from eBay for like £30 and blend 2 shakes everyday with it with milk. Best combination I have probably ever used in terms of value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
A simple lacrosse ball, $5 on Amazon.

Amazing for releasing the built-up tension in your muscles from stress, long hours sitting in chairs, and working out.

The effect is instantaneous for improving your mood.

I used to play Lacrosse. I hear you!

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Rollermouse Red by Contour Designs. It costs $265.00 new on Amazon, but it is worth way more than that.

It has saved me from tons of wrist and hand pain (most people think it is typing that hurts your wrists with carpal tunnel & RSI, but using a standard mouse is actually way worse for you).

You can use the Rollermouse with either hand, and it has built in copy, paste, and double click buttons. You wouldn't think so, but it saves you lots of clicking all day long, once you get used to it.

When my old one died after a few years, I bought a new one, no questions asked on price - it is worth it!

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I will have to say the 2020 Fastlane Summit for this. No event/conference I've been to has even approached it in quality. Comparing it to purchases of items, none of the items really matter in comparison. The new friends, interesting acquaintances, the stories, ideas, and the profound mental rewiring; I can only think to describe it as "priceless."

How many opportunities do we get in life to acquire something "priceless?" I don't even know the answer to that, but my expectations have been turned upside-down this weekend. More opportunities for priceless interaction exist than what my imagination could have supplied. I am awed.

The forum is already an amazing value (basic participation is free, and look what it does for us). The INSIDERS's subscription is something I would not even consider letting go. The interactions in this forum, the best of them, are of a quality I've never found in other online communities.

The summit has taken all the value that exists here in the forum, and focused it. It has made me appreciate even more how valuable and rare the community here is, and how important it is for us to support it and contribute to it.

For anyone who has not attended one, the root of it is in front of you right here in the forum. You're in the midst of incredible value, but if you're like me, you may not have realized just how immense that value is; how immense the potential really is. All I can say is that I can not detect its limits. This is a community where human potential is transformed, and where people discover that their own limits are not where they thought they were. They are out of sight, a moving target that we can race toward, and the farther we go, the more we realize we can go farther still.

Thank you for that @MJ DeMarco

George Costanza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 18, 2019
Israel
My moleskine journal. I buy a new one each year (2019-present).
Also, the retractable highlighters I have, I love em - I can hold a book with one hand and highlight with the other (without having to use both hands if I was using a highlighter with a cap).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
71IcW-ig7PL._SL1500_.jpg

Acupressure mat. There are a zillion of these being private labeled on Amazon. They're all the same so just go for the cheapest one. I think I got mine for 20 bucks or so.

I could talk forever about how beneficial this thing has been to my life, but I'll just copy and paste the ad description:
  • RELIEVES back pain and stress in the comfort of your home in as little as 15 minutes per day
  • IMPROVES circulation by increasing blood flow to the back and other areas for optimal health
  • HEADACHE RELIEF can be achieved by standing on the mat barefoot for up to 10 minutes by utilizing the reflexology points of the feet
  • INCREASES relaxation for a more restful sleep to increase energy levels and relaxation
  • Saves time and money by eliminating the need for chiropractors, physical therapists and acupuncture professionals
You'll likely experience some discomfort when initially trying it, but try to push through the first few minutes of pain and you'll feel amazing after.

Gonna bump this...

I used mine today and damn, I could have swore (after the pain faded away) I was stoned on some damn good weed. Was a really good start to the day.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Gonna bump this...

I used mine today and damn, I could have swore (after the pain faded away) I was stoned on some damn good weed. Was a really good start to the day.
i've had mine sitting in the corner for a year ..... scared to get on it ...... you sure this is like a smoke hut?? @MJ DeMarco

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Gonna bump this...

Really? I got one but sold it again after I used it a few times. It didn't seem to do much for me. How long do you use it for each session?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Gonna bump this...

Did you play 10 hours of Tiger Woods golf on xbox after? That's the only way to tell if you were on some really good weed.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Gonna bump this...

Stoned? WTF is in that thing???
or on it I should say.

Looks painful :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
I will have to say the 2020 Fastlane Summit for this. No event/conference I've been to has even approached it in quality. Comparing it to purchases of items, none of the items really matter in comparison. The new friends, interesting acquaintances, the stories, ideas, and the profound mental rewiring; I can only think to describe it as "priceless."

How many opportunities do we get in life to acquire something "priceless?" I don't even know the answer to that, but my expectations have been turned upside-down this weekend. More opportunities for priceless interaction exist than what my imagination could have supplied. I am awed.

The forum is already an amazing value (basic participation is free, and look what it does for us). The INSIDERS's subscription is something I would not even consider letting go. The interactions in this forum, the best of them, are of a quality I've never found in other online communities.

The summit has taken all the value that exists here in the forum, and focused it. It has made me appreciate even more how valuable and rare the community here is, and how important it is for us to support it and contribute to it.

For anyone who has not attended one, the root of it is in front of you right here in the forum. You're in the midst of incredible value, but if you're like me, you may not have realized just how immense that value is; how immense the potential really is. All I can say is that I can not detect its limits. This is a community where human potential is transformed, and where people discover that their own limits are not where they thought they were. They are out of sight, a moving target that we can race toward, and the farther we go, the more we realize we can go farther still.

When is the next one and how much money do I need to save?

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
71IcW-ig7PL._SL1500_.jpg

Acupressure mat. There are a zillion of these being private labeled on Amazon. They're all the same so just go for the cheapest one. I think I got mine for 20 bucks or so.

I could talk forever about how beneficial this thing has been to my life, but I'll just copy and paste the ad description:
  • RELIEVES back pain and stress in the comfort of your home in as little as 15 minutes per day
  • IMPROVES circulation by increasing blood flow to the back and other areas for optimal health
  • HEADACHE RELIEF can be achieved by standing on the mat barefoot for up to 10 minutes by utilizing the reflexology points of the feet
  • INCREASES relaxation for a more restful sleep to increase energy levels and relaxation
  • Saves time and money by eliminating the need for chiropractors, physical therapists and acupuncture professionals
You'll likely experience some discomfort when initially trying it, but try to push through the first few minutes of pain and you'll feel amazing after.
Sold. Just bought one lol

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Last one was in early February. So in theory it could be next February, but it will be announced on the forum whenever it is coming up.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Very hard to answer that. I would probably say my gaming PC. I can't think of anything more versatile. It's powered well to handle the top games. It has rendered all my old consoles obsolete. Since its powerful enough for games, simple day-to-day work with emails, browsing, etc is top notch. I can stream media so I don't need a TV. I've done trading and freelance work on it, so I make a little money with it. It's probably my best investment so far.

Only other thing that rivals that is my cast iron skillet and Victorinox chef knife. Again, very simplistic yet versatile.

What is the opportunity cost of all the games played though?

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
What is the opportunity cost of all the games played though?
Not much at the moment unless I can somehow build the community needed on Twitch or Youtube to get money through that means.

The point I meant to make was that my PC can do a lot of things, so it's an all-around great tool for me to have whether it's for gaming, copywriting, selling on eBay, web design, etc.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

Completely agree. Fastlane Summit was by far the best value I've paid for anything in the past year or two.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Airfare for me was $250, the Summit was $450, rooms were $240 a night.
I added a rental car and spent some money on renting an electric bike for a jaunt around Phoenix with fellow Fastlaners, as well as dinner, drinks, etc.
All in, I spent close to 2 grand, but you don't have to spend that much.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Gonna bump this...

I would highly recommend getting an IKEA Poang chair to use it with and the pillow on the ground for your feet! Love the combo and cheap!
Gonna bump this...

i would highly recommend getting an IKEA Poang chair as they are perfect together. Super comfortable chair and cheap! 33061

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
I would highly recommend getting an IKEA Poang chair to use it with and the pillow on the ground for your feet! Love the combo and cheap!

i would highly recommend getting an IKEA Poang chair as they are perfect together. Super comfortable chair and cheap! View attachment 33061
Do you use that as a desk chair or purely for spa treatments?

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Do you use that as a desk chair or purely for spa treatments?
It is too low for a desk chair. Great for reading, relaxing or working with a laptop. Hands dow the most comfortable chair I have ever had. IKEA has them in the store to try.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now I'm intrigued. Going to check it out.
I like the idea of doing some cardio then laying down and getting "stoned."

Mind you that doesn't happen every time for me, sometimes it is just sheer pain the refuses to go away.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Mind you that doesn't happen every time for me, sometimes it is just sheer pain the refuses to go away.
Oh,

I already ordered one.
Damn. Thought I found bliss. That's o.k. I love trying out new stuff like this.
I'll hyperventilate for 3 minutes if I think it could help me with mental clarity, so laying on this thing will be a great experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.