The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • NOTICE! If you received MULTIPLE EMAILS from the forum today, please be advised that our monthly email system got caught in a loop and inadvertently might have sent you several emails. The problem has since been fixed and all Unsubscribe Requests will be processed within 24 hours.
  • It's back! As an INSIDER you can now SORT any thread by LIKES. See this post for more info.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

NOTABLE! What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

levijean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 22, 2017
USA
$2500/mo for a property manager for my rentals.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

mercenariez

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 20, 2019
Edit: wrong thread for some reason (glitch)

Now that I’m here, I guess I’d say my smartphone/PC.

Last edited:

Frank H.

Contributor
Dec 22, 2018
Awesome thread! I enjoyed the mini-bits about toilet hygiene and deodorant without aluminum. A lot of value and good material in those bits :) On a more serious note also found value in the Udemy courses, bluescreen glasses, and water filter. These products should last for a long time.

Looking forward to adding these products to my wishlist for Christmas in July!

brewster

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 25, 2014
Austin, TX
A simple lacrosse ball, $5 on Amazon.

Amazing for releasing the built-up tension in your muscles from stress, long hours sitting in chairs, and working out.

The effect is instantaneous for improving your mood.

Rescripting

New Contributor
Apr 11, 2019
My first car I bought. A Chevy S10 that I haggled it down to 4500$ with low miles on it at the dealer. Had it for three years and even had the military pay me to move myself twice with it. Sold it for 4500$...

astr0

Grinding
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Insiders subscription. Threads are somehow few levels higher on the dark side.

Before that: Chinese wireless AirPod-like headphones for $12. They are surprisingly decent for that money.

Atu

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 23, 2019

Year of buying: 2008
Cost of buying: equivalent of 20$
Gave me the means of keeping my business afloat for over 4 years. Still working. Battery lasts up to a week. I know the keys by heart, without thinking about them. Generations of fancy, needless-options-loaded phones passed by. I remember my colleagues having emotional disputes about new expensive phones they absolutely have to buy, now in trash cans.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Jun 1, 2019
(1) Air Purifier IQ Air GC Series for $1200+. I have a very mild, intermittent asthma, and for a while I fought out of principle. But then I figured, I'd rather be 100% productive at home and pick my battles. This purifier clears everything.

(2) Daily Contact Lenses Acuvue Oasys. They are 2X more expensive than the next daily brand, amounting to $1/day for one eye, but make a huge difference. After you have a contact lens break into pieces inside your eye you start to appreciate the kind that never ever does it, vs the kind that does it 3-4 times a year. Also, the level of comfort is unparalleled; even with regular sinus infections, I basically don't notice the lens. I had been considering Lasik, but with those lenses I can avoid the unnecessary risk while suffering zero inconvenience. Since those are daily lenses, the risk of infection is also virtually nonexistent.

(3) Essential Oils. They are such a multipurpose thing, from cleaning the floor with fir-needle scented water to scenting baking soda with lemon oil and cleaning the stove, to fighting infections.

Thyme Lynalool and Pepeprmint are the two best value oils. Thyme is for fighting infections; it saved me from laryngitis twice, including one case of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Peppermint is a bronchodilator, and in my subjective experience is comparable in effectiveness to medications from asthma and other pulmonary diseases. Just exercise caution and moderation with all oils, and know that peppermint specifically can be very dangerous if you have a baby or a person with a certain condition (it slows down the heartbeat). Test carefully for allergies, and know that your skin and eyes can get burned! You can also set your place on fire --- those oils burn like high octane gasoline!

ecommercewolf

Contributor
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Gym Membership
From being very underweight and skinny 4-5 years ago and never worked out, to now being at a healthy weight with muscle and working out 5-6x a week.
I believe that everyone should lift weights or do some form of exercise. The benefits for your mental health, confidence and extra boost it gives you daily are immense.

Attila77

New Contributor
Dec 8, 2018
Hop-on hop off tourist buses.

You pay a small Amount, then you can explore a whole city without long tiresome walking.

At the moment I am in Stockholm, Sweden with my brother. Enjoying the city :)

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2015
Being open to buying time

ALL the coaches I have worked with have created SO much more value beyond the hour I pay for, if I can suggest along the marginal utility curve:

I'd say hour is FOR SURE the money maker (with some others maybe a bit more) as they will almost always be happy with you within the first hour (provided you are not a POS) and almost always they go above and beyond to return to you as their hourly is their HIGHEST price.

Giving

Pretty straight forward, the other day I gave 1/30 of what's in my bank account to a bum (not what I have total, it was about 1/250 of what I have total) and the next day, a project that hasn't gotten anywhere in the past month and a half opened up for me, not that it has gone 10x yet, but the potential is there :)

Btw excellent excellent thread,I read a few posts and have already gained a ton, GOING THROUGH IT ALL RIGHT NOW, thank you for making it.

Maybe this thread, although it's free haha!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019
$12 phone earbuds with built in "subwoofer/bass" from an obscure brand on Amazon. Probably private labeling from one of you cheeky bastards.

- Literally closed more sales due to the increased comprehension
- More audiobooks/podcasts consumed while exercising
- Working while talking to clients with both hands free
Link pls? Ive been looking for some too.

gryfny

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
MEN ULTRA STRETCH DRY EX PANTS
I need to find these, they don't seem to be in stock anymore though. I have such a hard time finding great pants. And the reviews look good.

And my best value purchases are by far:
Bluetooth earbuds. I always thought it would be a nuisance to recharge them all the time. But ofcourse this is solved by the charging case. I have the QCY buds from aliexpress for about 20 euro. They have some small hickups sometimes, but for this price the overall quality is great. I was afraid the mic would be of poor quality, but people who I'm calling tell me they can hear me crystal clear.

A housekeeper. Since my appartment is small she only comes for 2 hours per week for cleaning and ironing. But I love it, the house has never been cleaner and it saves me much time. I recommend this to everyone.

Nabaiji microfiber towels. These towels are so compact. I reversed my thinking process when trying to find a bag that would fit my work laptop, packed lunch and also my gym clothes. Instead of finding a bigger bag, I started looking for smaller content. Now even when I need to bring a second towel for using the sauna, it will fit.

Common Project sneakers. Expensive, but they are the best sneakers I've ever owned.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
This speaker, I take it everywhere in the house, while traveling and to BJJ training as well. Great sound for little money.

Also, Spotify. I think I listen on average 8h/day to my playlists and learned TONS of new artists and even music genres. For only €10/month, I take it everywhere I want (I remember I had to carefully choose the limited amount CDs I wanted to listen in the past).

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Nine bucks at Bealles.

96 OZ water jug with a large opening (for ice).

IMG_0705.JPG

If you're on that 75 day challenge, a must to meet your water intake.

Also, Spotify.
+1

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Intuit Online Payroll...

Just a few clicks and all the tiresome, tedious tax forms are completed and filed.

Best $35 bucks/mo I've ever spent.

Bradley R

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Amazon Prime

Magnesium Pills
- the one single mineral I've taken for years consistently. Will take your sleep and muscle recovery to a new level. Almost everyone is deficient especially if you work out consistently. Be prepared for vivid dreams the first few nights you take it. Don't just get a generic walmart brand though make sure it's chelated and bisglycinate form. Here is a favorite of mine - Magnesium Biscglycinate

reedracer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Be prepared for vivid dreams the first few nights
That explains it! Magnesium has been a great boon to my moods. But, I've been waking from dreams that won't let go! Upped my mag, vitamin D and oils of fish lately.

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Another +1 on Spotify, far and beyond Pandora.

+1 on the Monthly Audible subscription which turns my short commute to the gym learning experiences.

Magnesium Pills - the one single mineral I've taken for years consistently. Will take your sleep and muscle recovery to a new level. Almost everyone is deficient especially if you work out consistently. Be prepared for vivid dreams the first few nights you take it. Don't just get a generic walmart brand though make sure it's chelated and bisglycinate form. Here is a favorite of mine - Magnesium Biscglycinate
Thanks, gonna try it.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas

Best sleep hack products I have found and highly recommend;
Truedark day and twilight glasses! If I was to pick between the two I would recommend the Twilight Truedark glasses (red ones). I have only had them for a week now but everynight when I put them on before bed I fall asleep quick and sleep much deeper. The Daywalker (yellow lens) are good for those who spend a great deal of time in front of a computer/smartphone or ereader. The Z-Matrix is loaded with Mag/Zinc/Folic Acid/D3 and B6 and like others have said seems to get you into a dream/REM state. I also replaced LED bulbs with Halogen in parts of my home that I spend more time in the evening (Bathroom, bedroom and Kitchen).

Johnny boy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 9, 2017
Washington State
90% of my happiness comes from myself. It’s free.

But, with that said, the best 3 things I ever paid for are as follows

1. $1900 a month to live on a lake.

Vastly improved happiness. Made me chill out and enjoy life more.

2. $5000 for my 1977 Datsun 280z. My daily driver. Love washing this thing.

3. Gym membership

Tossek

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 5, 2019
Germany
So far it was the equivalent of ~ 5 cents. It was one of this rubber stickers for IKEA's cupboard doors that I instead plugged on the wall behind the toilett. Oh, this sweet sound of nothing when the toilett lid hits the wall ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom