The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is 2023-2024's drop-shipping/gold-rush?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

oneac

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 29, 2022
In your opinion, what's today's drop shipping?

What is the new trend common people are swarming like they once did drop shipping in 2016-2021?

In my opinion it seems to be SMMA agencies and the likes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

oneac

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 29, 2022
obviously it's AI
When you say AI I assume you mean something like AI apps like which are more suited for technical people.

What ways are common folk using AI to make money?

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Digital services for the foreseeable future.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Becoming a micro influencer guru coach

Organic instagram with 2-15k followers selling expensive courses

Giving crappy advice on podcasts and editing their reels like Hormozi

And businesses that use ai to create content

I think these people are too lazy to start actually ai businesses

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In your opinion, what's today's drop shipping?

Newsletters...
Which was after NFTs
Which was after podcasting...
Which was after self-publishing
Which was after blogs...

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Becoming a micro influencer guru coach

This.

My feed on X is flooded with 15-20yo folks arguing to reach 5k+ MMR by selling poorly designed/written courses about copywriting or finance.

Because I'm following MJ and a couple of other high value profiles talking about entrepreneurship, the algorithm thinks all thoses impostors are relevant to me. I'm blocking 2-3 of them every day.

I would also say AI wrappers, not AI itself. Like dropshipping, it is profitable (and sometime useful) for the moment but I'm not sure it will last as the barrier of entry is low (and AI itself will evolve).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
"Building in public" (read: building a startup for startup owners selling to startup owners on Twitter)

I can't stand Twitter gurus of any kind. The platform has that effect on people that they become insufferable arrogant know-it-alls (probably because the algorithm rewards it).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
AI is a machine, not a business model. So what’s the business at AI? (Seriously)

@MJ DeMarco's correct on this one, I was wrong about the trend part.... Sorry MJ...

AI is Artificial Intelligence, Robots made in code that can create a calculated prompt or answer within seconds to the end user. Generative AI, learns from its database of knowledge and will go through iterations of evolution and capabilities. It will learn new topics/subjects/skills/technology at a faster pace than the human can catch up.

Saw an article that Amazon is jumping in on integrating AI into some of its departments, by first reducing headcount from its Alexa department and others.

Like MJ overheard from when he was in the Limo with Gary in one of his books. Gary mentioned the internet will be the next big thing and his buddy didn't believe it. I was the guy about AI and didn't believe it because I thought it was a trend. Nope, AI is next.

A tool, to be used. I wonder how it will be used in the coming years to decades in society. Changing is coming to Tech. I am curious to see how this change will go in the near future. Kinda of excited/Kinda scared. Maybe it will be good for us? I'll only have to wait and see.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I thought it was going to be no code SaaS for awhile there.

I agree with AI wrappers. I work in the AI space and seeing a ton of this.

Also it seems like everyone on my LinkedIn is becoming a “fractional CMO” or consultant nowadays.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Also it seems like everyone on my LinkedIn is becoming a “fractional CMO” or consultant nowadays.
Must be your LinkedIn. I keep seeing people espousing their LinkedIn content marketing strategies. I try to cull them from my feed but new ones keep popping up.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Building in public" (read: building a startup for startup owners selling to startup owners on Twitter)

I can't stand Twitter gurus of any kind. The platform has that effect on people that they become insufferable arrogant know-it-alls (probably because the algorithm rewards it).
Ah yes. I saw all that #buildinpublic when I was on Twitter. It seems to be for indie hackers who sell to other indie hackers, with people selling courses on how to Grow your SaaS by Building In Public, without telling people their market should be indie hackers.

I wanted to champion #helpinpublic as a better alternative but couldn't be bothered.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@MJ DeMarco ... don't we have a thread like this somewhere? Could this be merged with it?

I thought it was called "What's the current goldrush?" but I can't find it.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
GoHighLevel.

Specifically building an entire "gohighlevel busines" -- I mean, more power to them but... yeeesh.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
GoHighLevel.

Specifically building an entire "gohighlevel busines" -- I mean, more power to them but... yeeesh.
Lol. I'm seeing this *everywhere*.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Are people still pushing Facebook groups and online communities for everything? And audience building?

I keep seeing people saying dumb sh*t like you don't have a business if you don't have an audience or if you don't have a community.

I'd best tell my brother-in-law that all those years getting paid to fix appliances don't count as he doesn't have an audience of people following how he does it, or a community of people discussing how much they love their washing machine...

Basically, I'm allergic to folks who say you *need* this or you *have* to do that. It's either from their limited experience, or because that's what they're selling.

oneac

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 29, 2022
Are people still pushing Facebook groups and online communities for everything? And audience building?

I keep seeing people saying dumb sh*t like you don't have a business if you don't have an audience or if you don't have a community.

I'd best tell my brother-in-law that all those years getting paid to fix appliances don't count as he doesn't have an audience of people following how he does it, or a community of people discussing how much they love their washing machine...

Basically, I'm allergic to folks who say you *need* this or you *have* to do that. It's either from their limited experience, or because that's what they're selling.
Yeah I agree. Very common in the startup world to see people saying you need an audience

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

I have this whole bit on messaging versus mediums and how wannabe entrepreneurs get conned into believing a medium is a business.

"I have a Facebook Groups Business" or "I have an Instagram business" or "I have an Amazon business" or "I am a YouTuber" ... no... you just so happen to have your stuff on that platform and only that platform...

The audience thing is fascinating to me, too. People still think likes = $$.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Tip for newbies: if you're involved in any new hot or oversaturated markets or business models mentioned here, it doesn't mean you have to quit. Same goes if you're considering it and your option is to try it and this thread makes you doubt and you'll end looking for a "perfect" business idea for another year.

As Felix Dennis wrote:

New or rapidly developing industries, whether glamorous or not, very often provide more opportunities to get rich than established sectors. The three reasons for this are availability of risk capital, ignorance and the power of a rising tide.

Investors are drawn to emerging industries in the hope of making a fast buck. To get rich, you will need capital, and to acquire capital you need to be where loose capital is searching for a home. In addition, the combination of ignorance and misconception that surrounds any new market or technology works in your favour. If you are quick at grasping concepts and jargon, you become an ‘instant expert’. The owners of capital love ‘experts’.

Finally, the power of a rising tide masks many start-up difficulties, putting individuals and small companies on a more even footing with conglomerates and established operators; for a while, at least.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Tip for newbies: if you're involved in any new hot or oversaturated markets or business models mentioned here, it doesn't mean you have to quit. Same goes if you're considering it and your option is to try it and this thread makes you doubt and you'll end looking for a "perfect" business idea for another year.

As Felix Dennis wrote:

You can look at any market and say it's saturated in my opinion.

Everything seems to be flooded with people.

I don't think about saturation now, i just don't care.

Just move in the direction I want to go.

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
UGC

Unpopular opinion: dropshipping is great for getting started. I know several killers doing huge volume with it.
I don't get the reason for saying UGC.

It's one of the best things to promote your products these days. Yes, some of the videos look like shitty ads, but otherwise, influencer and UGC videos are the best.

Dropshipping is a great method of fulfilling (as it is not a business model). I know one guy who does high ticket dropshipping and makes around 2k a day only with SEO. Basically 1-3 products. And another guy who has a few days as delivery time.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
I don't get the reason for saying UGC.

It's one of the best things to promote your products these days. Yes, some of the videos look like shitty ads, but otherwise, influencer and UGC videos are the best.

Dropshipping is a great method of fulfilling (as it is not a business model). I know one guy who does high ticket dropshipping and makes around 2k a day only with SEO. Basically 1-3 products. And another guy who has a few days as delivery time.
i meant UGC creators lol

charging em as if they are kardashians

all my ads are UGC nowadays

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
i meant UGC creators lol

charging em as if they are kardashians

all my ads are UGC nowadays
Agreed, lots of new ugc “gurus” teaching girls to make $1000s a week making videos

We used to struggle to find creators now we get emails and dms daily

Same scripts, same portfolio templates

You’re right too, a lot of them have started charging prices influencers used to charge

Some are up to $650 for a 30 second video now

Last edited:

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Agreed, lots of new ugc “gurus” teaching girls to make $1000s a week making videos

We used to struggle to find creators now we get emails and dms daily

Same scripts, same portfolio templates

You’re right too, a lot of them have started charging prices influencers used to charge

Some are up to $650 for a 30 second video now
I have a few slave methods and I don’t ever pay more than 30-50 lol

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
OH! I've GOT IT!

Scrolling through TikTok and every other video is a "QVC Stream" -- endless people just hawking products.

This is it.

Everyone is going to try to sling products left and right

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!