The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What if you've never had your FTE?

Anything related to matters of the mind

iinnbm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 10, 2021
Is it still possible for someone who has never experienced their FTE (only FTMs or "F*ck This Moments") to still have the drive and willpower to succeed in pursuing Fastlane?

What do you think are ways to induce this for those who have not had their FTE? Is there a way to purposefully make it "hurt bad enough" so that you finally get off the "nail"?

I apologize in advance if my English words are not correct, it is not my first language.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
If you are not satisfied with your current situation -> There has to be an FTE
I think there are some threads about it. Check out the 'Must Read' Tab -> Golden and Notable Sections/Tabs of this forum.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
If you are a very agreeable, cautious, or simply ignorant I think you are less likely to experience it.

This means you have to be disagreeable (stand up for yourself), daring (take the unknown path), aware (cognizant of the chasm between your current reality and potential reality).

You suddenly feel you are on a long path with little hope, and instead of accepting your fate, you assert your will and question the dogma / conventions.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Comfort rarely imbues change.

Someone recently posted a tweet regarding this...

It is easier to succeed from poverty than it is to succeed from the comfortable middle class. Comfort is rarely motivating, unless it comes as a respite from discomfort.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It is easier to succeed from poverty than it is to succeed from the comfortable middle class. Comfort is rarely motivating, unless it comes as a respite from discomfort.
It’s almost like bronze handcuffs. I’ve been grappling with this mentally for some time - good opportunities in the hand vs. other undefined potential!

iinnbm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 10, 2021
If you are not satisfied with your current situation -> There has to be an FTE
I think there are some threads about it. Check out the 'Must Read' Tab -> Golden and Notable Sections/Tabs of this forum.
Thank you! I will read them.

iinnbm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 10, 2021
If you are a very agreeable, cautious, or simply ignorant I think you are less likely to experience it.

This means you have to be disagreeable (stand up for yourself), daring (take the unknown path), aware (cognizant of the chasm between your current reality and potential reality).

You suddenly feel you are on a long path with little hope, and instead of accepting your fate, you assert your will and question the dogma / conventions.
Oh wow. That second sentence rings so much truth. I live in a third world country and the words "very agreeable, cautious, or simply ignorant" is THE NORM for people. I honestly do not know ANYONE in my social circle who is otherwise. I am on my own. But then again I used to be one of them until I read MJ's books.

iinnbm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 10, 2021

I have no words to describe how much I agree. I am 22F from the Philippines and my family is poor. I live, breathe and see poverty everywhere. I have had enough of it. I've been working my a$$ off in the past couple of years doing all sorts of work in pursuit of getting rich, but I had been doing all the wrong things. However, I only realized this after I read your books. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much, MJ. Now, I'm directing my time and energy to a Fastlane business. I will pay you back the wealth of information you so generously share by putting it all in action. I will not disappoint.

iinnbm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 10, 2021
"Built-in hunger." I can tell a thousand stories about that. The rats in our house, the holes in our roof, the dirty flood water on our floor every time there is a typhoon. Philippines is a dirt poor country but I will use this to my advantage. I am typing this with tears in my eyes. Thank you for this community.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
"Built-in hunger." I can tell a thousand stories about that. The rats in our house, the holes in our roof, the dirty flood water on our floor every time there is a typhoon. Philippines is a dirt poor country but I will use this to my advantage. I am typing this with tears in my eyes. Thank you for this community.

You definitely have enough reasons to make it happen. So what's the plan now?

iinnbm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 10, 2021
You definitely have enough reasons to make it happen. So what's the plan now?
Use my hard-earned skills in art to build a Fastlane business. I've actually already been working on it for 5 months now (excluding the 5+ years that I spent improving my abilities), and I'm very close. I've joined + posted in this forum only now because I've been busy on it. I know this sounds like a "follow my passion" thing but I see life-changing Fastlane opportunity in my field that no one (at least to my knowledge) is currently taking advantage of.

I want my results to speak for me. Will definitely post updates here!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Is it still possible for someone who has never experienced their FTE (only FTMs or "f*ck This Moments") to still have the drive and willpower to succeed in pursuing Fastlane?

What do you think are ways to induce this for those who have not had their FTE? Is there a way to purposefully make it "hurt bad enough" so that you finally get off the "nail"?

I apologize in advance if my English words are not correct, it is not my first language.
Sure. You can move ahead. It is based on planning and habits. I do a lot of stuff that doesn't really move me emotionally...

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
I think I have not yet experienced a "FTE moment" or or at least I think I haven't experienced it yet.
Is it possible to start without experiencing a "FTE moment " and draw energy and motivation from other resources ?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think I have not yet experienced a "FTE moment" or or at least I think I haven't experienced it yet.
Is it possible to start without experiencing a "FTE moment " and draw energy and motivation from other resources ?

Stafano,

Please STOP creating these low-value posts on the INSIDERS forum. The INSIDERS forum is not for these types of posts. Also, you continually ask questions that have been asked on this forum DOZENS of times. If you're not willing to do the bare minimum for your own personal success, no one here, or anywhere, can help you.

I've moved your post to the outside and into a thread that already exists.

You might find these threads helpful...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.