The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What does your avatar mean?

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I was trying to go for how tied our hands are, and the self realisation of this, mastering it, being calm. And no matter how close to the surface you don't just rush on up for air.

images

You stay calm, you think things through.
You balance your understanding of danger, and your responsibility to innovate.

Innovations are not meant to bring you to the surface, only inner peace can do that (so innovate well).
The surface isn't money, its "being made whole". Getting beyond treachery and deciet, even if self inflicted.

I openly despise business, but, my discipline is more than its equal.
And I believe there can be good, we just can't quit on it, we have to struggle through until we get how.

Of all the dangers, the most viscious is apathy.
So I guess you could see it as rising above the apathy of neglect, slowly ascending to a true nature that one is built for.

Also, its just how I feel.
No body quite gets why, they fear it.

I guess I'm saying, even those most feared or misunderstood can endure, and find peace.
And that I am close to such a surfacing, yet still hold firm.
Still let myself float and resist the drowning.

Only real air is worth my lungs.

Resistance, that patiently awaits, a deep and powerful sense of well developed integrity.
Wax on, wax off...
Truly truly doing as others hypocritically state

I just cannot and will not run from my fears of money. I don't give a rats #ss about money, I care about how I feel.

And to care about how you feel, sometimes you just gotta do sh#t that is arduous

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
Pun.

I'm hooked on this journey like a fish hooked on a line, slowly bringing us towards a single destination no matter how much we change direction.

The boat is our destination, which for me represents freedom (probably not so much for the marlin).

The marlin reminds me that the journey itself is magnificent. People awe at jumping marlins, not mounted ones.

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond
Mine is just a simple quote that contains two words that 99% of the world has gotten backwards!

One word summarizes "The Process" while the other, "The Event."

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Mine is a Nietzsche quote ontop of a photo from the USA vacation my friends and me made in March this year. We had an intermediate landing in Philadelphia and due to a snow storm we missed our flight from there to San Francisco, we had to sleep one night at the airport and were devided into 3 groups (we were 7 guys). The first group's flight to SF was a few hours before the last group's (where I was in) and when they landed in SF they sent this photo into our whatsapp group. I always have to think about this and the whole vacation when I see the photo. After this great time in SF, LA, San Diego and Las Vegas, this image reminds me of the feeling of freedom we felt there.

Last edited:

EE7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 3, 2013
I took a few months off without any job wanting to start my own company. I screwed around and didn't accomplish a thing (action faked). I went to the location in my avatar every single morning dreaming about what it would be like to have earned the freedom to visit everyday. I used it as an excuse to waste time while at the same time used this location as a hope and a dream to what I wanted in life (a what color lambo scenario). This location not only represents the freedom I will achieve but the albatross of a slow lane mindset that once hung around my neck.

Arion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 14, 2015
Greece
Mine is Atlas Shrugged artwork, inspired from Ayn Rand's book and philosophy (Objectivism).

Reminding me that our highest moral purpose, is the pursuit of our own selfish happiness.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
That's not the definition of hacking used in this context. :)

I guess it depends on what context you are using it. ;)

Though a lot can be gathered by your most recent in your blog "Why i'm so great".
There is a lot to be said about self belief; like it! :)

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
I guess it depends on what context you are using it. ;)

Though a lot can be gathered by your most recent in your blog "Why i'm so great".
There is a lot to be said about self belief; like it! :)

Thanks! I'm surprised people read that! That post was a reminder to myself that it's ok to take pride in your accomplishments, but you need to find a way to use them for other's benefits.

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
Mine has to do with the simple pleasures in life, Nostalgia, and the memories. the picture is that of my next project. It's a 1985 Buick Lesabre Collectors edition, one of the last full sized body on frame rear drive V8 Buick sedan built, until they brought back the Roadmaster in 91-96. I enjoy working on cars and bringing them back to, and sometimes beyond their original showroom conditions. Most of the cars I own and drive are Buicks. In fact I owe my life to a 1991 Buick Roadmaster estate, 4 years ago I was t boned by a dodge van that ran a stop sign doing 70mph hit me square in the driver's door pushed the B pillar in some 16 inches and the A pillar in a good 12 inches, I woke up in an MRI machine, underwent a lot of tests, xrays, poking and prodding, 12 hours later I was allowed to walk out of the hospital with nothing more than minor cuts, lacerations, and a severely bruised back and left shoulder...

chriswho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Nov 23, 2015
Tyler Durden. Character from the book / film Fight Club. If you didn't see it, you definitely should do it. It's really inspiring (whereas it doesn't really congruents with the Fastlane).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.