The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What does it mean to be an entrepeneur?

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
In your eyes or words.

In this day and age that title is tossed around quite a bit. But along the way perhaps the meaning has deviated as well.

You hear youtubers, influencers, and high performing sales reps on linkedin call themselves that, but is it accurate?

What distinguishes self employed from entrepreneur?

My thought is that if you set out to build a business but are underqualified and unknown in the space, then that's what should categorize you as one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
o5PYQlX.gif

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Internally I call myself an entrepreneur to help build identity-based habits, but won't be telling anyone else that I'm an entrepreneur until I start making sales. At the end of the day, it's just a title. I've seen my fair share of "LinkedIn Entrepreneurs" who are CEO, Founder and Sole-Proprietor of a company with 0 customers and 0 sales. Feels like an action fake.

stantechie

It’s never too late to hit the fast lane!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 6, 2020
Vancouver
I would say it is a person who finds solutions to problems, and makes a business out of it.

I think one of the things that has resonated with me the most from MJ's books is to provide value rather than chasing money. It seems most "entrepreneurs" fall into the trap of chasing the all mighty dollar, without regard for providing value.

If you can provide value at scale, you have it made.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
I would say it is a person who finds solutions to problems, and makes a business out of it.

I think one of the things that has resonated with me the most from MJ's books is to provide value rather than chasing money. It seems most "entrepreneurs" fall into the trap of chasing the all mighty dollar, without regard for providing value.

If you can provide value at scale, you have it made.

Wow I almost forgot I made this thread, probably due to the few replies lol.

But yes you have a good definition.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.