The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
The Hero With A Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell.

Its a book about mythology and how all myths originate from the same types of psychological experiences. Its very interesting.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
Just finished "One Million Followers"
Not extremely useful to me, but a nice insight from a high level marketing expert. Most the advice is pretty surface level, as content and strategy will vary between all brands.

It's pretty similar to crush it in many ways. Although I'd say a hybrid will get you further. It will also take a lot of time.

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
I just finished reading Philosophy For Polar Explorers by the norwegian explorer Erling Kagge
71puAYlk0gL.jpg

and I'm about to start La grande histoire du monde (world history tome) by the french journalist François Reynaert
500x

and I'm reading slowly and bit by bit Aprender Com Os Melhores 2 (self-development & management) by the spanish leadership coach expert Francisco Alcaide Hernández.
500x

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Chris Voss - Never Split the Difference
Patterson - Crucial Conversation

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Rereading the Millionare Fastlane & Factfulness.

Just finished Harry Potter series and now reading the Curious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I am reading Forty Centuries of Wage and Price Controls, the best choice to read while we are living a situation like that in Argentina right now.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Finally got around to never split the difference. I saw Tim Soulos from Ahrefs give it two thumbs down on Instagram about a month ago lol, and it reminded me to look at it. Quite enjoying it so far.

I think the techniques need to be practiced quite a lot to work, but you will be able to spot someone doing it to you a mile away.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I am reading Forty Centuries of Wage and Price Controls, the best choice to read while we are living a situation like that in Argentina right now.

Excellent.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Finally got around to never split the difference. I saw Tim Soulos from Ahrefs give it two thumbs down on Instagram about a month ago lol, and it reminded me to look at it. Quite enjoying it so far.

I think the techniques need to be practiced quite a lot to work, but you will be able to spot someone doing it to you a mile away.
A mile away?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't forgot Chris didn't see it when it was done to him one time but his son spotted it lol
Like everything, it’s more about WHAT is done and WHY. The actual HOW part is less relevant. So it might become too common to repeat the last three words of the last sentence. Personally I wouldn’t just repeat the last three words but would add a bit of personality to it. “Oh, a mile away?”

Spandan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jan 24, 2018
India
HARD TIMES CREATE STRONG MEN by Stefan Aarnio
The Art of Persistence: Stop Quitting, Ignore Shiny Objects and Climb Your Way to Success by Michal Stawicki
The Bhagavad Gita as it is
Think and Grow Rich by Naepolean Hill

D

Deleted78083

Alibaba: The house that Jack Ma built. Good lessons on persistence, Jack Ma built one of the biggest internet company in the world and...still doesn't understand how it works exactly.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Like everything, it’s more about WHAT is done and WHY. The actual HOW part is less relevant. So it might become too common to repeat the last three words of the last sentence. Personally I wouldn’t just repeat the last three words but would add a bit of personality to it. “Oh, a mile away?”
One definite negative about the book is the paper quality and small size. I had just finished re-reading Unscripted and the difference in quality between the two made me want to chuck never split the difference in the bin before I even started.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
One definite negative about the book is the paper quality and small size. I had just finished re-reading Unscripted and the difference in quality between the two made me want to chuck never split the difference in the bin before I even started.
I must admit I really like small books focused on one thing. Something that can be read in one sitting.

D

Deleted74925

Very relevant to this thread:

It shows you how to learn more, reader faster, and get more information in less time!

Written in the 1940s, the English language is still the same today as it has been for hundreds of years. I use these techniques when reading blogs (including this blog!), magezines, emails, and yes, physical books.

A few tips:
  1. Read the front cover, inside jacket description, back, reviews, and table of contents before even starting the book. Answer the question for yourself: is the author bringing new information to the table? What is the main thesis or argument? Often the reviews on the back (or amazon reviews) will give this away.
  2. Skim the first chapter and last chapter of the book. Often authors will summarise their entire book in the closing paragraphs! If this contains redundant info, then you can save yourself from hours of reading.
  3. Use different levels of reading depending on the purpose.
    1. Entertainment: read every word. Follow exactly what the author wants me to hear. It's like watching a movie.
    2. Gathering information: inspectional reading/skimming. Follow your curiosity. What is interesting? The brain knows how to prioritize useful information. "Curiosity" is the clue that something has new insights.
    3. Answering specific questions: analytical reading. Get out the highlighter, colored pen, and those sticky tab notes and tear the book apart. This is when having a physical copy of the book is great. Write your own summaries of what the author says.

Captain Swuey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Nov 11, 2017
USA
I'm a water treatment contractor and I usually read dense industry publications. This book gives a general overview of drinking water in America, the EPA, contaminates, etc.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Lots of insight about how psycho-physical deterioration is what makes us sick and unhappy.
Kind of a racist book in places lol but i can overlook it for the good stuff.

51NNuzEP7WL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I am reading Grinding it out by Ray Kroc. I love this kind of book because you get a lot of good golden nugget without the author tell you explicit.
Al lot of book talk about hiring good people and why it is important, but Ray Kroc shows it with examples.

D

Deleted74925

Napoleon Hill - Think and Grow Rich

Awesome book! Have read this twice and still find new insights.

A similar title is "you are a badass at making money" by Jen Sincero. All of the concepts about visualization and using the MIND are similar.

The more self-help/finance books that I read, the more that I'm realizing that they are all talking about the same thing

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I needed a break from pure, non-fiction personal development books, so I started reading this:

20200413_161621.jpg

10 chapters in and I like it so far. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who's read it.

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts