The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Reading Totally Incorrect Vol 2 by Doug Casey. An email from SHTF tipped me off

Upon one look at the contents, I thought it was like UNSCRIPTED .

I was so wrong. It's like the the Milton Friedman kind of work, with steroids or ayahuasca in it.

Not only does it cover some politics, connecting root causes to specific humanistic causes, it also discusses Bitcoin and commodities, as well as largely ignored opportunities for investments. Also contrasts crypto and regular money systems using Aristotle's definitions of a good and functional currency.

Had me EXTRA concerned about my present progress on the Fastlane all over again.

I'd like to think it of an extensive look into the SCRIPT.

EDIT: also hits on current explosive issues like Universal Basic income and crap economies in Africa and South America.

Ah, UBI. There should be a thread on this soon.

Doesn't seem to be up on Amazon yet, except the first volume. Here's the sales page if you want.
Casey Research

P.S the sales copy is F*cking elaborate and lit

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Man Up by Bedros Keullian

It's opened my eyes to some pretty great things about taking ownership of your circumstances and life.

Koen_88

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 6, 2017
Netherlands
Looking for a good fiction book to unwind with while going through Unscripted (which has been excellent thus far).

I found origin by Dan Brown a very good book to unwind, but it also mentions some possible uses of AI in the future and wil make your creative brain be amazed and open to new developments and insights, which is a good combo with unscripted on that part I think.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
Just finished yesterday "10 pillars of wealth", actually they are 11, by Alex Becker

Waiting for my amazon order of 10 books (my bday present!!!) :)

Roger FS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 23, 2018
MN, USA
Audible is having a sale on a number of books, this Relentless one as well for $4.95.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R4TQNP6/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I'm just finishing listening, and will definitely be putting it on my frequent-listen list. Very inspiring, no holds-barred. I'm not a sports fan by any measure, but the backstory of the unrelenting drive & perseverance of Michael Jordan and others - the best of the best - is a kick in the pants needed as we are heading into a new year with renewed goals and aspirations. Highly recommend.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Reading Totally Incorrect Vol 2 by Doug Casey. An email from SHTF tipped me off

Upon one look at the contents, I thought it was like UNSCRIPTED .

Had me EXTRA concerned about my present progress on the Fastlane all over again.

If you don’t mind I’d like to know why you were extra concerned and what action reading this book prompted you to make?

Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Great thread.

I thought Fascinate was brilliant at breaking down motivations. Relentless reminded me of The 10x Rule. Dune is timeless.

Right now I’m reading High Performance Habits, How To Master The Art of Selling by Tom Hopkins, Unscripted and everything on the forum that concerns Options, SEO, and what newbies should or should not do if they don’t want to be total asses.

ETA: Just added Work Less, Make More by Schramko.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just finished “Viewability” by Tom Breeze. An excellent book on YouTube advertising.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
The Penguin History of Canada.

I needed a break from reading entrepreneurial or business books. And, besides, I'm a history graduate living in Canada for the year, so it's good reading for me. Did you know camels are native to North America?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
The Penguin History of Canada.

I needed a break from reading entrepreneurial or business books. And, besides, I'm a history graduate living in Canada for the year, so it's good reading for me. Did you know camels are native to North America?
How did the association of camels and Egypt come to be?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
If you don’t mind I’d like to know why you were extra concerned and what action reading this book prompted you to make?
Here's a few things that put me to work.

I still had a lot of 'guilt' from not participating in the Bitcoin rush, TBH.

Needed a thourough analysis of what crypto is, and how does it matter or not to me.

Basically put, the better gains in crypto, be it whether you are an investor or actually doing active stuff, come in the version 2.0 of crypto. That is the same way with the Internet. The best stuff came later, what with Google, YouTube and whatnot. And with quantum computing advances, it should come sooner than expected.

So that is done with the crypto guilt that plagued me for a bit.

Next, the author talks about how commodities generally have been overlooked as a great field, compared to tech.

We have lots of tech to produce the commodities at low cost in huge bulk, but in the future, the author predicts a great global conflict that would sap resources such as commodities, returning it back to the glory days. Doesn't have to be a full-blown war.

A lot of my country's industries are still reliant on producing commodities. I will need to begin to learn about them, as it may well be that i might meet some of their players later in the future. My country is a small place after all.

Yes, I know the book has an anarcho-capitalism theme to it, but at least it is a lot better than pure anarchy and communism lol. And somehow I could begin to understand where Globalwealth was coming from, in many of his emails discussing tax and government in general.

Plank

That's not sawdust.. it's Man Glitter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Jul 20, 2016
Tennesse
The rational male, if you're a man and haven't read it, do so now!! Jesus I wish I had that book back when I was 15 or younger..
It's the "millionaire fastlane " of its genre, "self realization/awakening/relationship advice/people skills, etc. Really hard to put that book in a box..

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
The rational male, if you're a man and haven't read it, do so now!! Jesus I wish I had that book back when I was 15 or younger..
It's the "millionaire fastlane " of its genre, "self realization/awakening/relationship advice/people skills, etc. Really hard to put that book in a box..
I 100% agree, very eye opening book.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
How did the association of camels and Egypt come to be?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They crossed the Bering land bridge into Asia, just as humans went the other way crossing into North America. Once the bridge became submerged the remaining camel in North America were hunted to extinction by humans.

Ganglion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 21, 2018
United Kingdom
The Secret of Selling Anything by Harry Browne.

Recommended by Ken McCarthy. Excellent book on selling, much of the same advice MJ gives - to focus on what the customer wants, rather than what you want to create. I've read it once before, and I'm reading it again.

scott.legendre

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
235%
Aug 5, 2013
Is it good compared to Influence: Psychology of Persuasion?

So far I would say yes. It has many examples of how people are influenced by the environment around them in subtle ways. It's more about persuasion over time and the subtleties of influence.

I'm enjoying it. Similar to the other book, it's filled with different examples and studies on how the concepts work and the results of different tests.

I'm going to have to listen to it more than once for sure to understand it all.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Currently reading: The lean startup
No more Mr Nice guy!
how to sh*t happened