The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Fiction: Atlas Shrugged - can't believe I've never read this book before. It's like reading the newspaper nowadays!

And I usually have a non-fiction book running at the same time, but not this time. Atlas Shrugged is real enough!

My favorite book of all time. I don't normally read NF, but this book was a life changer. At one time this book was rated by the Library of Congress as the 2nd most influential book ever written, behind the Bible (which I find a bit ironic).

The director of the Ayn Rand Institute is a friend of mine as well, but not until after I read the book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Fiction: Atlas Shrugged - can't believe I've never read this book before. It's like reading the newspaper nowadays!

And I usually have a non-fiction book running at the same time, but not this time. Atlas Shrugged is real enough!

Oh, and you should read "The Fountainhead" when you finish. Great story about following your passions. Also by Ayn Rand.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Currently reading "Global Tax Competition" by Dan Mitchel from the Cato Institute.

Very technical read, but I'm a dork for this stuff, so its like a good novel to me.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Just finished The E Myth Revisited.
It should be on every Fastlaner's "must read" list.

Kate Foster

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 9, 2010
There is quite interesting book, I've recently discovered - The Only Truth bu James Marcuse - much reassuring and motivating. I've found it on Lulu.com.

But I still do think that Think and Grow Rich is the best.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Just finished The E Myth Revisited.
It should be on every Fastlaner's "must read" list.

I agree, it's a must read.

Ironically, I am currently reading Linchpin by Seth Godin and in that book he actually says the days of highly systematized businesses that can be carried on by the least skilled labor poor, are finished since once you operate at that level you in a race to zero margins due to competition.

He suggests being creative, unique and outstanding is the way forward in business.

The Internet has raised the bar because it's so easy for word to spread about great stuff. There's more junk than ever before, more lousy writing, more pointless products. But this abundance of trash is overwhelmed by the market's ability to distribute news about great stuff.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The Internet has raised the bar because it's so easy for word to spread about great stuff. There's more junk than ever before, more lousy writing, more pointless products. But this abundance of trash is overwhelmed by the market's ability to distribute news about great stuff.

This is why marketing is so important to get about all that noise.

Back on thread topic, I haven't read Think and Grow Rich in decades and all this talk made me pick it up again and read it. That is my current read and since it's been so long, it feels like a new read.

sulli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 26, 2007
I am reading "The Nature of Personal Reality - A Seth Book" by Jane Roberts. It is a little esoteric at times, but I'm really loving it.

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Over the past month or two I finished
- Own Your Own Corporation by Garrett Sutton (I found an audio version of this and listened a few times while driving),
- Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life
- The Peebles Principles: Tales and Tactics from an Entrepreneur's Life of Winning Deals, Succeeding by R. Donahue Peebles

Jarnapal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2010
Just finished How to win friends and influence people...

Audio book though ;-)

You don't realise how important this book is until you read/listen it by yourself. Right ? I think it was a very good read. Some tutorials were simple but do we actually acknowledge these behaviors to ourselves ? Sometimes things sound really simple but we don't think it always through.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
BUmp! Any new recommendations?

''The Toilet Paper Entrepreneurs'' by Mike Michalowicz -I just pick this up because I found the title funny, finished 2 charpters, this book is informative and very funny.
The writer shows you why starting a business isn't about needing money, a business degree or the conventional resources.

I just finished this today. Really good one!

I'm about to get some books by Og Mandino. Has anyone read anything by him?

Amazon.com: The Greatest Salesman in the World: Gift Edition (9780883910337): Og Mandino: Books

ceoarob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 11, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Past Five books:

- Think and Grow Rich (was just a review; read it back in 06)
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad (review; wanted to clear up Assets vs Liabilities)
- The Alchemist by Paulo Cuelho (Such a beautifully written book. The entire idea about Personal Legend resonates with me on a VERY deep level)
- The Fastlane Millionaire by MJ DeMarco (too much to say about that one...https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/forum-news-updates-faqs/28234-ive-read-book-5.html#post144911)
- How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis (currently reading this and it has been a great read so far)

-----------

On the shelf and upcoming:

- The Dream: How I Learned the Risks and Rewards of Entrepreneurship and Made Millions by Gurbaksh Chahal (I've wanted to read this for the longest and it finally came in)
- Awaken the Giant Within - Anthony Robbins

Last edited by a moderator:

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Past Five books:

- Think and Grow Rich (was just a review; read it back in 06)
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad (review; wanted to clear up Assets vs Liabilities)
- The Alchemist by Paulo Cuelho (Such a beautifully written book. The entire idea about Personal Legend resonates with me on a VERY deep level)
- The Fastlane Millionaire by MJ DeMarco (too much to say about that one...I've Read the Book!)
- How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis (currently reading this and it has been a great read so far)

-----------

On the shelf and upcoming:

- The Dream: How I Learned the Risks and Rewards of Entrepreneurship and Made Millions by Gurbaksh Chahal (I've wanted to read this for the longest and it finally came in)
- Awaken the Giant Within - Anthony Robbins

Yup I have all these except for Alchemist...

Other recommended books

good to great - Jim Collins

what rich people know and desperately want to keep secret - Brian Sher

millionaire mind - Thomas Stanley

4 hr work week - Tim Ferris

Crush It - Gary Vaynerchuk

How to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie

The E-myth Revisited - Michael E. Gerber

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand

Influence - Robert Cialdini

Web Copy that Sells - Maria Veloso

Linchpin - Seth Godin

The Greatest Salesman in the World - Og Mandino

D

DeletedUser394

A 1,000 Barrels Per Second: The coming oil break point and the challenges facing an energy dependent world.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
The Blond Knight of Germany, A Biography of Eric Hartman. The Ace of Aces.

by Raymond Toliver and Trevor Constable.

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
Just finished How to win friends and influence people...

Audio book though ;-)

One of the best books of all time. The title is kind of corny and I think that throws a lot of people off but this book should be required reading for anyone in business.

Jozi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 6, 2011
South Africa
I have read Rich dad poor dad (Robert Kiyosaki) and The Richest Man in Babylon ( George Samuel Clason) both these books changed my mindset about money and wealth. Im currently reading the 50th Law by Robert Greene and 50 cent. This is a very practical book on how to get ahead in life. Planning to read The Fastlane millionaire and Think and grow Rich very soon.

gen

Banned
Jan 8, 2011
goldoast
i have a fantastic idea dont have the money or the know how. if anyone on this frum has been there and is now in business can you spread sum love on it. lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.