The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Olimac21

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Serve to win-Novak Djokovic. Very interesting view of Djokovic in terms of his gluten free diet that lead him to have one of the best tennis season of all time.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Siddhartha

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
Listening to Finding my virginity by Sir Richard Branson and reading the million dollar one-person business by Elaine Pofeldt.

Liking tMDoPB because it's taking 2 pages from 4HWW and expanding it out to 200 pages, showing the lives and tools of all of these real people. Also getting hope because a lot of them sell either only one product, or a few small and semi-stupid kinds of things but still clearing 1,000,000$ yearly; be it tea kettles or virtual golf-coaching.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
Haha, yes I got the same impression and have such friends. T.b.h. nothing wrong with it. I like those kind of people as long they have something interesting to say.
He reminds me of the old power thirst video from you tube. Some things he says are so over the top, At one point in the audiobook, he asks why your wasting time sleeping then corrects to over sleeping. The coke comment makes sense based on that lol.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

Isaac Oh

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Trying to read Elon Musk but the start is sorta boring me. I will make a decision after I complete the sample.
The book is pretty boring with completely fascinating bits strewn throughout... It's so painful yet so rewarding lol. good luck. I got a lot of inspiration from elon

lennutola

New Contributor
Apr 9, 2019
I started reading Elon Musk, but it's not that interesting, that i hoped it is.

MNejc

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 10, 2019
Slovenia
Currently I’m reading a book with the title “This is Marketing”. It was written by Seth Godin who has written nany books and is also known for altMBA.

The book or author and the fastlane forum included are pulling me into taking action as never before and my desire is unbelievably increasing. I must start a business soon and I think I know what it’s going to be.

Have a nice day.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 1, 2018
NL
Currently I’m reading a book with the title “This is Marketing”. It was written by Seth Godin who has written nany books and is also known for altMBA.

The book or author and the fastlane forum included are pulling me into taking action as never before and my desire is unbelievably increasing. I must start a business soon and I think I know what it’s going to be.

Have a nice day.
That one is on my to read list.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 22, 2018
Canada

Have a nice day.
Great book, he should have had someone else read the audiobook though, hes very dry.

connorryan92

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 6, 2018
Sydney
Half way through reading 'Pre-Suasion' by Robert Cialdini after seeing it mentioned a few times on the forum. Very interesting read and has given me some new tips and avenues when looking at sales and closing a deal before even bringing it to the table.

Also finally got round to reading 'The Miracle Morning' yesterday and haven't been able to put it down since. Put it into action today and jumped out of bed at 5am, having a productive day ever since.

Charnell

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 12, 2014
South Dakota

Siddhartha

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
Also finally got round to reading 'The Miracle Morning' yesterday and haven't been able to put it down since. Put it into action today and jumped out of bed at 5am, having a productive day ever since.
Synopsis? I got the "For entrepreneurs" version but it smells like a cash grab instead of a meaningful version of the original.

Aryan Sharma

New Contributor
Feb 7, 2019
Mumbai, India
Just Finished Who Moved My Cheese,
I`ve Read The Third Door Recently

Currently Reading The Idea Factory
Valuable Read For Anyone Getting Started With Ideas

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
ideasunlimitedonline.com
Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie and book by the Dollop guys, Gareth Reynolds and Dave Anthony, The History of Absurdity. I think it's great to learn from our mistakes and work on problem solving, strategic thinking without having to be in a hustle mentality all the time.

Wisarut

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 5, 2019
Reading unscripted for the 4 times now, there is always something new to learn and take in.

redshift

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 4, 2018
41SkGv3-SuL._AC_SY400_.jpg
Looking forward to reading this one.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
its very interesting how these things evolved from post communist russia to todays multi billion dollar "companys".
criminals... but fastlaners in their own sense.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO

Have a nice day.

I recommend reading everything Seth Godin has written. He also narrates all of his books and has a great voice for it. I am actually surprised I havent seen him mentioned more on this forum but I have only been here a short time.

He also answers his emails and gives thoughtful answers to questions. He is up there among the people I most admire. I love his attitude and the way he supports people who create. His books are full of advice that go against the norm. He is one of the best marketing minds in the world.

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net
Listening to “The Microscript Rules” by Bill Schley

... as recommended by @Lex DeVille who I believe read it because @AllenCrawley recommended it.

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net

Siddhartha

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
Finished Two books

"Finding my virginity" -Richard Branson
The way Branson can wake up, scrawl an idea on a beer mat, and revolutionize an industry is nothing short of blindingly inspiring. Reading this was pivotal in making me move my goals so that I end in a place where I have the scale and capital to do things to create repeat knockouts and support the failures between those instead of packing it up after an arbitrary income target later in life.

"Choose yourself" - James Altucher
Recc'd to me; it read like a very wierd, not-as-useful seth godin book. It still had utility in stressing that above all I need to choose my priorities, my goals, and my happiness above a job or things that don't create value. I do like the call out to Kamal Ravikant and his book "Love yourself like your life depended on it".

Reading:

"You Can if you think you can" -Norman Vincent Peale
Brought to NVP thru Scott adams/Trump. It's not ground breaking and it won't stain your mind like indelible ink; but there's something charming in how steadily and endlessly NVP can dedicate himself to making people approach their lives and situations with more cheer and thankfulness.

Tony Robbins - ?
I have Unlimited power and Awaken the giant within to get through; I haven't had a lot of time at my place lately so I may need to get the kindle versions and carry a journal with me.

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 6, 2019
California
Just Finished:

"Meditations on Violence: A Comparison of Martial Arts Training & Real World Violence" - Rory Miller - This book was recommended by one of our Black Belts in Krav Maga. Great read and a little graphic but used in a way to teach us how to better handle ourselves in real world situations.
I strongly believe that everyone - men, women & children should learn to defend themselves. There are too many bad people out there with bad intentions and knowing how to handle yourself in life or death situations is vital.
I have bought my wife many tactical devises -stun gun flash light, tactical pen, pepper spray, etc.. and she thinks I am crazy.
I always tell people I would rather know how to defend myself and never have too, than need to defend myself or my family and NOT know how.
I have actually considered parlaying this knowledge into a side business.

I am currently reading:

"Fight Like a Physicist" - Jason Thalken - I am reading this for the same reason as above.

Re
"Choose yourself" - James Altucher
Recc'd to me; it read like a very wierd, not-as-useful seth godin book. It still had utility in stressing that above all I need to choose my priorities, my goals, and my happiness above a job or things that don't create value. I do like the call out to Kamal Ravikant and his book "Love yourself like your life depended on it".
Read this last month. I had to google this guy half way through it. I wanted to know what this quirky guy looked like while reading some of his stuff.
I liked it and walked away with some great lessons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom