The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
I have been on a reading binge.

Most currently I am reading...

Acres of Diamonds
Start Where You Are by Chris Gardner

Just finished...

One Simple Idea by Stephen Key (Talks about licensing and I HIGHLY recommend it)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dday97

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 20, 2011
New York
Just got: Guide to the 50 Economic Indicators That Really Matter

Can never have enough tools in the trading arsenal.

D

DeletedUser2

I just picked it up too, and I'm not sure he's all that concerned with fastlane systems as much as he is time systems. I think he would be happy on a lot less than he actually makes as long as he could do the things he wants to do.

I just started it so my observation may be premature, but that's my impression so far. And dude seems to be time rich by the way he spends it.

his is more "muse" oriented. make just enough to go play. and live life differently than the rat race/40 yr crawl

Fastlane is more Scale to sell model. Larger scale, sacrifice time, to make enough money to buy all the time you want. very different models, both work well. I read the 4 hr work week, went right out and built a muse that produced 250K yr. then took time off.

now im board silly and looking for the next scalable deal. i want big scale, and a "muse" is not a fastlane. its a quite little place to wander off too, so you can contemplate your navel.

after your done with that little exercise. time to get back on the road and drive! :)

Im reading "do the work" amazingly simple but powerful book. simple premise. do the work... go figure

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
his is more "muse" oriented. make just enough to go play. and live life differently than the rat race/40 yr crawl

Fastlane is more Scale to sell model. Larger scale, sacrifice time, to make enough money to buy all the time you want. very different models, both work well. I read the 4 hr work week, went right out and built a muse that produced 250K yr. then took time off.

now im board silly and looking for the next scalable deal. i want big scale, and a "muse" is not a fastlane. its a quite little place to wander off too, so you can contemplate your navel.

after your done with that little exercise. time to get back on the road and drive! :)

Im reading "do the work" amazingly simple but powerful book. simple premise. do the work... go figure

Contemplate your navel? How did you type that with a straight face? Is the muse you speak of pigtones?

G

Guest3722A

Still reading my toilet read- The Futures Game. Just got my newest issue of Active Trader. -awesome magazine imo. Read The Go-Giver about a month ago.

Gonzosan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 10, 2011
I usually have at least 2 books next to my bed which I read at an hour or so every night. I used to have a stack of them, but I stick to two now. None the less current ones next to my bed:

The Millionaire Fastlane , almost done with this one and definitely one of my favorite books for sure. I was expecting a "yet again" book telling me what I already know. While it does cover a lot of stuff I've read about before it's more straight forward and definitely has more to offer. I was especially surprised that MJ DeMarco personally signed it.

Talent is Overrated, (I forget the author). I think this book is definitely a testament that talent is just an excuse people use to say they can't do something. He provides many examples of how people who seem "gifted" and "talented" are nothing more than people who work incredibly hard and long to gain their respective skills. It was eye opening to hear of these stories. Shows you that if you work hard enough at something you can become great at it, you just need to put in the effort. You can't expect to be among the elite if you don't train like them.

Books I have yet to finish, but were often at my bedside:

Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill. The Father of motivational books, this is a must read for anyone. Just about everyone has credited this book to getting them started. I've read multiple books of his and he definitely knew what all great men (and women) did to get ahead. I haven't finished this book (I have 2 copies of it) but it'll be back on my table after I finished the above two.

Three Feet from Gold, Sharon Lectcher (and another I can't remember). I love this book, for all those who know of this story it should give you insight to what it is all about. This book is a collection of stories of great people around the world. They discuss their hardships and failures but perserverance to keep going which eventually led to great success. I've read this book twice, and it's definitely inspiring to read. The author himself talks about his own similar story from start to finish. It's part of the Napoleon Hill series of books, and damn well worth reading.

Metrix1234

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
May 11, 2011
Texas
Every week or so I like to go to Barnes & Noble for a couple hours and browse different sections of books. If it is interesting enough it gets a place next to my bed.

I am currently reading:

MJ's book - about 30% through.. will hopefully finish in a week.
How to Trade Stocks - it is mostly a biography of Jesse Livermore's life and how he went about trading stocks
Guerrilla Marketing for Job hunters - pretty good book so far, its about the best way to market yourself

Recently Finished books:

The Wolf of Wallstreet - A memoir about Jordan Belfort, from the start of his career to his downfall on wallstreet. Awesome book! I flew through it in a couple nights.

In-N-Out Burger by Stacy Perman - This book tells about the beginning of the In-N-Out Burger chain and the different challenges the Snyder family had to face. Harry Snyder and his family were "Fastlaners" of their time.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
In-N-Out Burger by Stacy Perman - This book tells about the beginning of the In-N-Out Burger chain and the different challenges the Snyder family had to face. Harry Snyder and his family were "Fastlaners" of their time.

My dad cut meat for the In-N-Out patties. Supposedly the boss told my dad to make the patties different since they werent safe to consume and my dad came up with a beef patty formula.(or a different way to cook it, I dont know)

Dont know whether to believe him or not. They first started in Baldwin Park and I think they already knocked down the "first In-N-Out" stand here in the city.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Every Sunday I go to the bookstore and read this book
chris-jericho-book-undisputed.jpg

Its about the life of Chris Jericho from wrestling to being in a rock and roll band. The book is funny.
I remember a funny part when he was asked to wrestle with a partner he didnt want to and he said "now I have to make chicken shet into chicken salad." I was laughing pretty hard

Gonzosan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 10, 2011
Will definitely be looking thoroughly through this thread tomorrow morning before I head out to barnes and noble. I just finishes MJ's book and I'm looking for something new to read. All the books I have (I have a small library in my place) I either already read or just have no interest in them (a lot are real estate books or some weird niche thing I was into at the moment.

Gonzosan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 10, 2011
Oh I forgot to mention of my favorite books, probably "thee" favorite book of mine. It's called Matsushita Leadership. If this isn't fastlane I don't know what is. It's a "brief" autobiography on Konosuke Matsushita. It goes over key moments in his life growing up, and eventually building a company from scratch. That company is the "GE" of Japan, and to this day makes billions of dollars. It's even more amazing when you realize all the hardships he went through, including the Japanese government seizing all his assets and forcing his company to build naval ships for the war. Definitely an inspiring person to read about.

maralevin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 13, 2011
Massachusetts
Took a break from reading the novel Cloud Atlas to read Amanda Hocking's Trylle Trilogy. She is quietly making a fortune writing and selling inexpensive ebooks and I wanted to see how she does it. Not the best writing, but she's a great storyteller.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Im reading a book on how to read a book. Jk
51gvUnJVoQL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D
I've been reading lots of business books since 2008. I don't read as much as I did in the past few years mostly because I spend more time working and less time reading. But I make sure I fit time in to stay educated and to keep my mindset in check.

I just finished: (the rest are a blur, really can't remember)

10 Secrets Revenue Canada Doesn't Want You To Know
Millionaire Fastlane (full through for the 2nd time)
Think Like A Champion by Donald Trump
The Dream: How I learned the risks and rewards of entrepreneurship and made millions.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
101 Creative Problem Solving Techniques James M. Higgins
101 Ways to Market Your Business Andrew Griffiths

unicon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 23, 2008
Fastlane is a "Simple" concept as it emphasizes building an economic base (net worth) which in essence conquers time (your most valuable asset). This is not an accident. The forum or community acts as a filter in the "search" for efficient information, words, and books. Even MJ's book came after the forum. This is also not an accident.

During the pursuit of the efficient building and searching, the problem is which books meet the standard at current timing and could break into your top 20 list. Some books are timeless and others meaningless. The problem is direction. You can waste time in this search and can be misdirected. I wish to find books with so much substance that they must be "outlined" in list format. In essence the complex is simplified which in turn teaches myself how to communicate better. Some may read the same book as yourself and not understand its worth simply because they have not experienced it in real life. This also is a burden on the author not met in "simplifying."

"Simple" is the first indicator here, all great books will attempt to establish a framework that communicates a wealth of information- even in one word , such as "simple." Simplicity is also a character guage. An author must exercise extreme thought, work, and critical thinking to prioritize a simple concept. Do you have an instant admiration for the Founding Fathers and the Constitution? For those who have read MJ's book, do you think this gives you and insight into the man's character?

In essence you are searching for books that increase you skills (conceptual, human, and technical). Great books merge all 3 in context. Technical skills (numbers) keep one grounded and reconciles to the truth. Human skills (words) can be corrupted by human behavior but can still be quantified and objectified. Conceptual skill (simplification) is the technology of linking - the ultimate process. What books do this?

Does one realize that the forum emphasizes computers, business, and real estate (linking, time, and space). This is not an accident. These are life priorities. This is process recognition. I've got more.

So getting back down to earth my top 20 actually includes authors as a first priority as "all" of their books are a must read, M Scott Peck, Robert Kiyrosaki, Peter Schiff. I view MJ's book as a contemporaneous hard hitting business book of the computer age that compliments all of the above authors. Yes, I have outlined his book.

Truth is not limited to the written word but rare in the media. However Glen Beck is one of those rare exceptions and he has recommended the very books he is aligned with such as "The 5000 Year Leap" and "A Patriots History of the United States" . His own books on the Constitution and economics "Broke" are also must reads. I slept through history in school because it had no meaning to me. To quantify human behavior into exact patterns from simple concepts of private property, private enterprise, capital formation, and respect for money tested throughout our history is real understanding of work, courage, and production. These are timeless concepts. This understanding can and will make you real money everyday.

At current timing in my life after reading/outlining Beck's recommended books, I have finished and studied "The Creature from Jekyll Island" outlining over 3000 concepts (still not done). These series of reads leading to "Jekyll" have prioritized one word "money". The "creature" is the Federal Reserve Bank but the real "Jekyll" is money and the money supply. I can tell where RK got a lot of his ideas and material, everything has a source.

The private banking cartel aligned with shameless politicians controlling the money supply has literally destroyed the world many times over, up against the power and sovereignty of private enterprise alone in America. You can literally quantify the timing of events with this knowledge. A must read. Even as an elder statesman, I was still behind the 8 ball - the learning has been rapid in just the past year.

Atlas Shrugged of which I have heard so much about is next on the back burner wondering how much I am missing (although I rarely read fiction). This sense of urgency has been the greatest this past year. Never had so many books that "had" to be read.

The WORD is "money". Do you think fastlane is going in the right direction? The information in these books is about potential legendary posts.

Rafal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 14, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
I'm reading Poor Charlie's Almanack by Charlie Munger - amazing book

next comes:

Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr by Ron Chernow

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Thanks for the recommendations Unicon, added them to my cart on Amazon.

George

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2011
Just finished the E-myth.

The core messages was how most business are started by technician, not entrepreneurs and how they end up creating a job (because they love the technical work, as that's all they know) for them-self not a business.

The book then goes into deal how we can get away from the technician mindset and create systems for the work so we can hire others and grow the business not stay a one man band, and try and do everything ourself.

Now reading the power of full engagement.

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D
Just finished the E-myth.

The core messages was how most business are started by technician, not entrepreneurs and how they end up creating a job (because they love the technical work, as that's all they know) for them-self not a business.

The book then goes into deal how we can get away from the technician mindset and create systems for the work so we can hire others and grow the business not stay a one man band, and try and do everything ourself.

Now reading the power of full engagement.
I read the E-myth back in high school. Really changed the way I thought.

Right now:
1. Just got Cashvertising in the mail and am beginning to read it.
2. Just finished Built to Sell
3. The God Delusion(non-business related, but a good book)

davidstorm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 26, 2011
Ohio
I read the E-myth back in high school. Really changed the way I thought.

Right now:
1. Just got Cashvertising in the mail and am beginning to read it.
2. Just finished Built to Sell
3. The God Delusion(non-business related, but a good book)

Cashvertising is a GREAT book. I recommend it to anybody and everybody.

davidstorm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 26, 2011
Ohio
I am not reading it now, but I would always recommend Effortless Entrepreneur by Friedman and Soliman. They are the guys that started the junk hauling business "College Hunks Hauling Junk." Like many of us, including MJ, they took one look at what corporate life offers (long hours, giving your best time and ideas to somebody else, getting laid off on a whim, etc) and decided that starting a business was a far better idea. They were fresh out of college and refused to settle into the slowlane as their parents and friends suggested. I was so impressed after reading it, I was ready to quit my 9-5 job the next day (I didn't, but it started me down a path that included reading Millionaire Fastlane ).

BeachBoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 12, 2011
ordered built to sell.
it came with a one year Inc magazine sub plus the ebooks E-myth and freedom manifesto.

some reading to do! but I don'T have much time because of all my projects.. plus 50h/week work :(

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D
ordered built to sell.
it came with a one year Inc magazine sub plus the ebooks E-myth and freedom manifesto.

some reading to do! but I don'T have much time because of all my projects.. plus 50h/week work :(
Built to sell is a real gem. Need to know how to prepare for the exit.

premeddc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 15, 2010
I really didn't realize how many books I read till now. I also have to agree with what alot of people on here had to say about having the information and not using it. Let's be real... what good is it to have all the money in the world and not have anywhere to spend it. But I truly believe that alot of these books will be more than beneficial to anyone willing to help themselves.

1. As a Man Thinketh - James Allen
2. Incorporate and Grow Rich - C.W. Allen
3. Rich Dads Prophecy - Robert Kiyosaki
4. Protecting Your #1 Asset - Robert Kiyosaki
5. Sales Dogs - Robert Kiyosaki
6. Loop-Holes of the Rich - Robert Kiyosaki
7. Own your Own Corporation - Robert Kiyosaki
8. Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
9. Retire Young Retire Rich - Robert Kiyosaki
10. The Cashflow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki
11. Stone Soup - Marcia Brown
12. The Wealth of Nations - Adam Smith
13. Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
14. The Magic Ladder To Success - Nepoleon Hill
15. The ABC"s Of getting out of Debt - Garrett Sutton
16. Who Took My Money - Robert Kiyosaki
17. Guide to Investing - Robert Kiyosaki
18. Why We Want You To Be Rich - Robert Kiyosaki & Donald Trump
19. Adventure Capitalists - Jim Rogers
20. Think Big and Kick a$$ - Donald Trump
21. Atom Smashing Power Of the Mind - Charles Fillmore
22. In Tune With The Infinite - Ralph Waldo Trine
23. The Science of Getting Rich - Wallace Wattles <----- An absolute must for anyone who wants to be WEALTHY
24. You Were Born Rich - Bob Proctor
25. The 12 Powers Of Man - Chales Fillmore
26. The Greatest Thing Ever Known - Ralph Waldo Trine
27. Prosperity Through Thought Force - Bruce MacLelland
28. Acres Of Diamonds - Russel Conwell <----- An absolute must for anyone who wants to be WEALTHY
29. The Art Of Money Getting - P.T. Barnum
30. The Majic Story - Frederic Van Rensselaer Dey
31. Thought Vibration - William Walker Atkinson
32. Tulipmania - Anne Goldgar
33. Millionaire - Janet Gleeson
34. The Prosperity Bible
35. Financial Armageddon - David Draughon
36. The History Of Money - Jack Weatherford
37. The Collapse of the Dollar and How To Profit From It - James Turk
38. Hot Commodities - Jim Rogers
39. Trump: How to Get Rich - Donald Trump
40. Trump University - Donald Trump<---- I liked the whole series of books
41. All The Money In The World - Douglas Mudd
42. The First Crash - Richard Dale
43. The Panic Of 1907 - Robert Bruner & Sean Carr
44. The History Of The South Sea Bubble - Malcolm Balen
45. The Instant Millionaire - Mark Fisher

These are only the books that poped up in my head. Hope they will help those who wanted to find the path to wealth but did't know what kind of books to start reading. Of course, I did leave out real estate and some other asset classes but you can just send me a line and I will give you a number of other books to read if you want. Man I took out all of these books at my local library at the time. I now realize I must go back and reread a few of these books. I really do hope i have helped someone out there who loves to gain knowledge on a constant basis like I do. Good luck and most of all have fun on your journey.

Infinity

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 2, 2009
I really didn't realize how many books I read till now. I also have to agree with what alot of people on here had to say about having the information and not using it. Let's be real... what good is it to have all the money in the world and not have anywhere to spend it. But I truly believe that alot of these books will be more than beneficial to anyone willing to help themselves.

1. As a Man Thinketh - James Allen
2. Incorporate and Grow Rich - C.W. Allen
3. Rich Dads Prophecy - Robert Kiyosaki
4. Protecting Your #1 Asset - Robert Kiyosaki
5. Sales Dogs - Robert Kiyosaki
6. Loop-Holes of the Rich - Robert Kiyosaki
7. Own your Own Corporation - Robert Kiyosaki
8. Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
9. Retire Young Retire Rich - Robert Kiyosaki
10. The Cashflow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki
11. Stone Soup - Marcia Brown
12. The Wealth of Nations - Adam Smith
13. Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
14. The Magic Ladder To Success - Nepoleon Hill
15. The ABC"s Of getting out of Debt - Garrett Sutton
16. Who Took My Money - Robert Kiyosaki
17. Guide to Investing - Robert Kiyosaki
18. Why We Want You To Be Rich - Robert Kiyosaki & Donald Trump
19. Adventure Capitalists - Jim Rogers
20. Think Big and Kick a$$ - Donald Trump
21. Atom Smashing Power Of the Mind - Charles Fillmore
22. In Tune With The Infinite - Ralph Waldo Trine
23. The Science of Getting Rich - Wallace Wattles <----- An absolute must for anyone who wants to be WEALTHY
24. You Were Born Rich - Bob Proctor
25. The 12 Powers Of Man - Chales Fillmore
26. The Greatest Thing Ever Known - Ralph Waldo Trine
27. Prosperity Through Thought Force - Bruce MacLelland
28. Acres Of Diamonds - Russel Conwell <----- An absolute must for anyone who wants to be WEALTHY
29. The Art Of Money Getting - P.T. Barnum
30. The Majic Story - Frederic Van Rensselaer Dey
31. Thought Vibration - William Walker Atkinson
32. Tulipmania - Anne Goldgar
33. Millionaire - Janet Gleeson
34. The Prosperity Bible
35. Financial Armageddon - David Draughon
36. The History Of Money - Jack Weatherford
37. The Collapse of the Dollar and How To Profit From It - James Turk
38. Hot Commodities - Jim Rogers
39. Trump: How to Get Rich - Donald Trump
40. Trump University - Donald Trump<---- I liked the whole series of books
41. All The Money In The World - Douglas Mudd
42. The First Crash - Richard Dale
43. The Panic Of 1907 - Robert Bruner & Sean Carr
44. The History Of The South Sea Bubble - Malcolm Balen
45. The Instant Millionaire - Mark Fisher

These are only the books that poped up in my head. Hope they will help those who wanted to find the path to wealth but did't know what kind of books to start reading. Of course, I did leave out real estate and some other asset classes but you can just send me a line and I will give you a number of other books to read if you want. Man I took out all of these books at my local library at the time. I now realize I must go back and reread a few of these books. I really do hope i have helped someone out there who loves to gain knowledge on a constant basis like I do. Good luck and most of all have fun on your journey.

Hey premeddc,

Given this long list of books you have read - when did you start reading them, and how are you doing on your fastlane journey now?

Curious, as I believe I spend/have spent far too much time reading, not enough time doing...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.