The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
The Well-Fed Writer by Peter Bowerman

Hidden by Benedict Jacka - Book 6 of Alex Verus series - well-written urban fantasy

How to Be Everything by Emilie Wapnick

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Ernman

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
This is like unscripted only shorter, less abstract and has step by steps which I am more than sure people will appreciate.

It's completely under the radar and I can't believe more people aren't talking about it.

Gold, gold, gold.
thanks for the recommendation. Ordering for audible today.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015
The biography of John D. Rockefeller.

Tommo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia

This is like unscripted only shorter, less abstract and has step by steps which I am more than sure people will appreciate.

It's completely under the radar and I can't believe more people aren't talking about it.

Gold, gold, gold.
Bought it yesterday and it is excellent.
Don't know how you found it but thanks a lot.

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 8, 2014
I finished The Laws Of Human Nature by Robert Greene.
Holy cr*p! I need to read it again. Maybe even 10 times. There is a lot of gold in it.
Another great one is You are badass at creating money, because I totally need to change my mindset about money. Rooting out that money is evil and cultivating love for money seems to be a thing to do. Obviously through creating value.

Question for you guys, would you find value if I read each book 10 times and then make a notes video trying to explain everything with imaginary?

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 26, 2018
I'm interested in the book. I looked it up on iTunes and the $59.99 price tag threw me off. Would you mind sharing the book?
Hey. Yes, it's expensive because it's a college level textbook.
You can get a used copy of the current version on ebay much cheaper: Self-Directed Behavior : Self-Modification for Personal Adjustment by David L. W 9781285077093 | eBay
Or an older version for just a few dollars: self directed behavior | eBay

I recommend getting the current version due to updated research, but I imagine that the key concepts will be the same in the older versions if you really can't put out the money.

Hope it helps.

Jonathan S.Diaz

Contributor
Hey. Yes, it's expensive because it's a college level textbook.
You can get a used copy of the current version on ebay much cheaper: Self-Directed Behavior : Self-Modification for Personal Adjustment by David L. W 9781285077093 | eBay
Or an older version for just a few dollars: self directed behavior | eBay

I recommend getting the current version due to updated research, but I imagine that the key concepts will be the same in the older versions if you really can't put out the money.

Hope it helps.
Awesome, thanks for sharing, man

Ernman

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Bought it yesterday and it is excellent.
Don't know how you found it but thanks a lot.
Just finished and not overly impressed. Not a bad read/listen, but nothing to get overly excited about - IMHO. The name dropped sites for finding info may be worthwhile. But I have to admit that I have a guttural problem with someone who - on one hand tells you how to scheme to lower the rent you pay, but then turns around and tells you to raise the rent on people you're renting to. Just me I'm sure.

abogdan88

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 3, 2016
What Rich People Know Desperately Want to Keep Secret
It's in the recommended book list. The rating on goodreads/amazon is not very high probably due to the book title and readers expectation.
I've read half of it and the concept is aligned with fast lane. It's an under-appreciated book

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 1, 2013
Ohio
The Complete Guide to Fasting, by Jason Fung, MD.

This book will change your relationship with food, completely. So good.

Wiggly0607

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 1, 2013
Ohio
Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson. Loving his take on expanding your awareness.
Telling a story and creating a CULT-ture.
A fab Marketing tool. Loving it.
Good choice! His other book, DotCom Secrets, is even better, IMO.

chuckypita

Bronze Contributor
Jul 16, 2017
Salt Lake City
Just finished Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance. Brilliant ambitious guy who is a man on a mission to save the planet. Ancestry of explorers. Had a childhood of awkwardness.(And getting bullied) Likes to do everything himself so he has a problem with giving up control. He's more of a modern day Thomas Edison/Nikola Tesla in they'll experiment and fail over and over again but they always eventually figure stuff out.
Call me a "hater" - I'm not a fan of Elon Musk. I think he's a liar and a thief. He works through subterfuge and deceit. I'd follow many "leaders" in today's marketplace - but not Elon Musk. TSLAQ by 2021...

MrChill

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 18, 2015
Currently reading Unscripted for the first time. The book kept on coming up time and again as a highly worthwhile read by people I respect. Almost halfway through the book, and I can say without a doubt that it is one of the top 5 books on the mindset I've ever read, up there in very lofty company. Can't wait to finish the rest of the book, and more importantly, apply the mindset and systems contained inside. Looking forward to the rest of the ride!

Kloetenlui

New Contributor
Jan 26, 2019
Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less by Sam Carpenter

I listened to the audiobook and really liked it. My first business was so chaotic, I will not repeat this mistake with my second business. Everything has to be systemized or you'll fail. Period.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 1, 2018
NL
Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less by Sam Carpenter

I listened to the audiobook and really liked it. My first business was so chaotic, I will not repeat this mistake with my second business. Everything has to be systemized or you'll fail. Period.
Did not know about that one and gonna check it out. Thanks

handog

Believing Is Seeing
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 3, 2018
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Peak by Anders Ericsson. Only a few chapters in and seems to pin the model of how the talented have learned from their practice / differentiation to uncover what needs to be improved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom