The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Hey Kasey I am gonna read that when you are done. The best thing I ever learned I happened across it by chance. I happened to do a little background on a particular person and their business and for some reason what stood out at me was they were in business since 1903. During my conversation we talked about loyalty etc. I told him that a person cannot stay in business since 1903 without integrity and loyalty to the industry. He immediately accepted what i had to offer.

I usually do better when I let them talk instead of me sitting their pitching something and talking all about me, me and me. It's about them and making them talk about themselves. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Smart Calling: Eliminate the Fear, Failure, and Rejection From Cold Calling.

you got me kwerner. Damn every time i come on the forum i got sucked in and just keep reading more books.

Im so tired of ready but they are so good!

Naja H

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
Stop Acting Rich...And Start Living Like A Real Millionaire by Thomas J. Stanley.

Very interesting read that lists statistics of where millionaires shop, where they live, and how they invest. Also interesting to learn about "Income Statement rich" and "Balance Sheet" rich, and why "Balance Sheet rich" is better. I was amazed to learn most millionaires don't drive super fancy cars like I assumed and most people who do drive these cars and buy these million dollar houses aren't millionaires at all. Except, the mega millionaires, and the people who aren't millionaires emulating them.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Just finished reading All You Need To Know About Music Business by D.Passman... tough read cuz it's big and with legal stuff but great book.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
That's why you need to guard your time instead of spending it on forums.

you got me kwerner. Damn every time i come on the forum i got sucked in and just keep reading more books.

Im so tired of ready but they are so good!

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

At what point do you actually begin GIVING value? In 168 posts, you have done nothing positive for this forum. What the hell are you doing here?

Naja H

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
I know this book has a bad rap, but I am going to check it out to see what it's all about because it's mentioned so much:

The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY

How do you know what i do in my spare time. I work, spend time growing my fast lane project, and in my spare time im here. You can not constantly work, there is time where you have to read and learn regardless of any stage your at.

thank you for the advice but im pretty happy with my results so far, ill still to my current strategy.

Im currently reading What rich people know and desperately want to keep secret.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I know this book has a bad rap, but I am going to check it out to see what it's all about because it's mentioned so much:

The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss

Yea, i picked it up too. I figure, if it has a bad rep, let me see what and read it myself.

I also bought "the intelligent invester," "the starfish and the spider," "you call the shots," "the e-myth revisted," and of course "the millionaire fastlane "

the one i want to read the most, fastlane, is the one i cheaped out and got slow shipping. the others got 2 day prime. oh well, ill have them to read friday. (ordered fastlane first about a week agp)

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
@ Kung Fu Steve -
Half way through Tell to Win - received a free copy at a learning annex seminar - so far a good read - what do you think?

also picked up Clutch by Paul Sullivan - about 30 pages in. Solid read so far, Sullivan breaks down why some people are effective under pressure and some fold - groups the reasons into 5 solid points - actionable points

Its worth a shot, and a rather quick read.

atlet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 3, 2008
Slovenija, Europe
Finished Millionaire Fastlane - MJ DeMarco, now I'm reading a book about running, I'm passionate about running, it relax me, and also motivate.

I ordered five books, and waiting to arrive:
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
The Decision Book
Screw it, Let's Do it
The Little Red Book of Selling
Five star service

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
If anyone is thinking about inventing new products the try: Secrets from an Inventor's Notebook by Maurice Kanbar and just for fun if anyone is a fan of The Walking Dead then you MUST read World War Z

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Ordered 7 books from Amazon:

Millionaire Fastlane

The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk

Vital Lies, Simple Truths: The Psychology of Self-Deception by Daniel Goleman

The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue by
Shama Kabani, Chris Brogan

The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire by David Deida

The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less by Barry Schwartz

Guerrilla Marketing, 4th edition: Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business
Jay Conrad Levinson

Mix of business and Self-Improvement books..

Mark Ramsey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 23, 2011
Sydney, Australia
The Success System That Never Fails - William Clement Stone
The Millionaire Fastlane (nearing end)
The Talent Code - Daniel Coyle
Diary of a professional commodity Trader - Peter L Brandt
The Traders Book of Volume - Mark Leibovit
Keith Richards - Life

The Millionaire Fastlane & The Talent Code are both fantastic

A number of Amazon samples are lined up on similar topics :)

MCD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 26, 2011
I'm reading "How to Make Money In Stocks" William O'Neil. So far it has been really good, very little fluff and a lot of useful info, of course until I start trading successfully with his system I can't recommend. Recently finished "Think Like A Billionaire" by Donald Trump, it was 100% crap, no actionable information what so ever. However I found it an enjoyable read for alternate reasons (a look into the life of a billionaire, humorous ideas). An example of the things talked about in the book include Trump's favorite shampoo (Head an Shoulders) his favorite car (Mercedes) and tips on how to be come rich from real estate (care for your investment, and your investment will care for you).

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
@ Kung Fu Steve -
Half way through Tell to Win - received a free copy at a learning annex seminar - so far a good read - what do you think?

also picked up Clutch by Paul Sullivan - about 30 pages in. Solid read so far, Sullivan breaks down why some people are effective under pressure and some fold - groups the reasons into 5 solid points - actionable points

Its worth a shot, and a rather quick read.

I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. I'm about halfway through but I'm in the middle of 4 books right now. 2 I should finish up this week so I will focus more on that one!

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. I'm about halfway through but I'm in the middle of 4 books right now. 2 I should finish up this week so I will focus more on that one!

Cool...glad to see someone else is enjoying it. Met Guber in person, quite a dynamic guy.

@GymJunkie
have you read Vaynerchucks Cruch It! ? First book he authored - solid read.
When your done with Deida's work, would you mind sharing your thoughts? Its been sitting on my shelf for a while, would be great to hear someones opinion...

Just received What rich People know... by Sher... read about half so far.. sloid read covering the fundamentals. recommended...

Also revisiting The Next Millionaires by Paul Zane Pilzer - talks about the post 9/11 economy and how technology ( internet ) will make 10 million more millionaires by 2016 then the period of 91-01. He also recommends MLM, so take with a grain of salt. Used copy is well worth it for another perspective.

Also check out The Millionaire Messenger by Brendon Burchard - this is the guy who started experts academy - so definitely some nuggets of gold there...

Last edited:

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Cool...glad to see someone else is enjoying it. Met Guber in person, quite a dynamic guy.

@GymJunkie
have you read Vaynerchucks Cruch It! ? First book he authored - solid read.
When your done with Deida's work, would you mind sharing your thoughts? Its been sitting on my shelf for a while, would be great to hear someones opinion...

Just received What rich People know... by Sher... read about half so far.. sloid read covering the fundamentals. recommended...

Also revisiting The Next Millionaires by Paul Zane Pilzer - talks about the post 9/11 economy and how technology ( internet ) will make 10 million more millionaires by 2016 then the period of 91-01. He also recommends MLM, so take with a grain of salt. Used copy is well worth it for another perspective.

Also check out The Millionaire Messenger by Brendon Burchard - this is the guy who started experts academy - so definitely some nuggets of gold there...

Did read Crush it! Liked it a lot, but its more of a motivational book kinda. Could have been more case studies.

Deida's stuff is AWESOME! I've read ebook 2 times and loved it. It's really eye opening and mind blowing. Every guy should read it. Don't know about other books but The Way of Superior Man is def. my Top 5 book of all time.

Cheers

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Just got done reading one of the apartment buying/selling books. Can't remember the exact title, but hey, they are all basically the same. lol

Now I started "The Intelligent Investor." This is going to be a challenging read. I just bought about 8 or so books and now I am regretting not getting a kindle. I still may get one. Might wait till the holidays, I have plenty of books to keep me going so...

aikay77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 6, 2011
Right now, I'm reading Felix Dennis' 'How To Get Rich.'

it's AN AMAZING READ!

Everyone who wants to be rich NEEDS to read it!

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
After finishing The Millionaire Fastlane , I am now reading the following:

What If and Why Not - Jen Groover - book is about getting past the mental fears which often come with entrepreneurship.

and

re-reading How to Win Friends & Influence People - Dale Carnegie - it is as if I never read this book before (I guess it has been a while). Great details on how to inspire people to get them to do what you want!

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Just started You Call the Shots by Cameron Johnson. There is some stuff that goes against what MJ talks about but for this kid it worked. On the other side there are some things he talks about that are exactly what MJ says in his book. Other than a few small things, I love the book so far. I like how its about a kid and how he did it. I can really relate to a lot of the stuff he did starting young and methods of making money that worked. Not done yet but so far I really like it.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Good luck with that. I never did manage to finish that one.

Funny you mention that, I am actually putting it on hold until summer in a couple weeks. With finals right now its not the best book to read, I want to really be able to almost 'study' it. So for now I am just reading a success story book and I will continue it mid May.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

Yeah, I've followed Brendon for a while. I read his 2nd book "Life's Golden Ticket". It was OK. I have his Millionaire Messenger. Almost done with it but it's tough to get through the end (I've heard him say all of this stuff a million times).

Will finish Tell to Win by Peter Guber tomorrow. Other than that next on my bookshelf is "Win" by Dr. Frank Luntz - I donnu, must of been in a "winning" mood when I picked those up haha. I never actually read the 48 laws of power so I'll start that, and finally I'll be working on atlas shrugged!

Ard-Jan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Apr 23, 2011
The Netherlands
Of course I read the Millionaire Fastlane , the cause of me being on this forum! :)

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: This book is a must read when you want to be Location Independent. You will attain a new way of thinking and shows you options that will benefit you for sure! I find some chapters not usable for myself or far-fetched.

Think and Grow Rich: Classic! This book contains tools that will help you in all areas of your life. The wisdom gathered here and shared in simple usable form combined with self discipline will create riches in all forms. This book isn’t just about material wealth, it is also about creating the wealth of happiness in all aspects of life. It is a tool kit for setting up your successful life starting from where you are now. Mind you I don't think that positive thinking alone will get you anywhere! Take action!

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Steven Covey’s teaches in this best-seller how you perceive and act regarding productivity, time management, positive thinking and how to act pro-active instead of reactive. This book is life changing but no quick-tips-start-tomorrow kind of book.

Rich Dad Poor Dad: Highly recommended reading! Really gets you thinking about money and how you handle it. Gives a very different perspective on life and wealth. I'm not involved with Real Estate but it get's you thinking about money and becoming a business owner or investor instead of working for a boss/self employed.
I've read some of his other books, but they are more or less the same message.

Man’s Search for Meaning This book opened my eyes to a new way of thinking. This is not just another holocaust horror read.Frankl’s take on his experience separates because he did not entirely focus on the complete horror and gore he experienced. He illustrated how bad it was, but the main objective of his illustration
was to convey his message to us that:

- No matter what your circumstance, you have the freedom to chose to either become a product of your
environment or remain who you are; a person of character and compassion.
- It was interesting to see how those in the camp who had no purpose (in their own mind) gave up the drive to
live and gave into their circumstances; even if that meant ‘to die’, or to ‘BECOME the oppressor’.
- If you find purpose in life, no matter how extreme your circumstance is and no matter how much a being may
attempt to imprison and/or oppress you, NO BODY can take away your freedom to live. In your mind, if you
have a purpose, you may decide to either give your oppressor the keys to your freedom, or you may decide to
keep your keys.
- No one can take away your happiness. …Unless you allow them.

To improve your financial wisdom:

I would seriously advise you to signup for a investment newsletter, but one that is NOT being published by a Bank or Financial institution, because you want to get objective information. Ask someone who actually MAKES MONEY for advise on this matter. I know a lot of people who 'do stocks' but never made money. Keep away from them and their golden tips!

Furthermore I've read books on mind growth, stocks, investing, NLP (by Tony Robbins), internet marketing, copy-writing, etc. diversify your knowledge! Don't just focus on 1 theme like how to become a millionaire!

Finally take ACTION between (or while reading) books! You can read a 100 books, but at the end you're still poor! See if you can apply your gained knowledge directly on your current goals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.