The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Well... I'm officially a Millionaire

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Can you graph out those 7 years? There might be a lesson in it.

This would be immensely helpful. Reading someone else's journey is helpful in understanding what mistakes could be avoided and how things could be done better. Personally, I can usually find one or two pieces of actionable advice in these kinds of stories.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
This would be immensely helpful. Reading someone else's journey is helpful in understanding what mistakes could be avoided and how things could be done better. Personally, I can usually find one or two pieces of actionable advice in these kinds of stories.
I was just asking for an actual graph.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
We all knew you would do it, man.

I dunno if anyone's read his old posts, but @GrumpyCat had posted all sorts of, well, worrying and slightly disturbing things over the 7 years he's been here. He's been in pretty low places and has faced more hardship than a lot of us here.

He's made money working his a$$ off, and then lost money on deals that have gone wrong. He's been deep in debt and got out of it. At 23, he has more battle scars than most people his age, and more than a lot of people twice his age.

He's been out there doing and kicking a$$... and getting his a$$ kicked, too. Congrats, man.

This ain't the end, man. You've still got millions to go.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
A huge round of congratulations, very inspiring.

3el3mb.jpg

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
@GrumpyCat Congrats on your success! This is not the first time that I find on of your posts highly inspiring! But what strikes me the most, is that you are 23 years old! Based on your posts, I always imagined you were around 30. You sound so humble and wise! Keep up the good work and wish you all the best in the future :)

62886324.jpg

FreshStart87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
@GrumpyCat Congrats. I just want everyone to know that Grumpycat busted his a$$ to get where he is. I have seen him contribute almost daily on one thing or another. If you have not, make sure to tread his post on hustling. At one point the guy even wanted to give up but persevered through that too. This post is so inspiring to me that I have made the fastlane forum the home screen on my browser. I just wanted to know if grumpy you have a progress thread out there that I have missed other than the hustle thread.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I know you're Candian, but this was the best I could do. Meanwhile, back in the slow lane:

4HRT8Ou.png

Let that sink in. If you have $333,750, you have more assets than 70% of people ages 55-64. What would you rather have? 1.01M at age 23 or $333,750 (which, after you subtract the value of the mortgage, is probably a liquid net worth of more like $30,000) at age 64?

Make the same choices, get the same results.

Source: USA Today.

Last edited:

xmartel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jul 22, 2008
Canada, eh!
Congrats GrumpyCat. I don't post much, but I've been following your progress and rooting for you for years. I've been here since nearly the beginning and I remember your early posts. One in particular about a bridge. Some dark times. I think that connected with me because I was in a similar place in my younger years too. But you pushed through. You fought and didn't give up. This is just the start though. Keep going. I'm very proud of you.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
CONGRATULATIONS MAN!!!!

I feel like now... you're gonna be like that investor guy in the one Silicon Valley episode lol.

He is a Billionaire but he lost some money and sat at right below a Billion, so his only mission was to become back a Billionaire again lol.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Good shit dude! Congrats!!

I feel like that picture should ignite a fire inside all of us!

FTLane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Sep 23, 2014
Race you to a billion :playful:

I see you've got a 10/90 cash/security split. Do you play any options in the stock market or do you stick to mostly blue chip? And congratulations!

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
Congrats man,

I did not know your back story at all but read many (if not all) your posts since I joined the forum and I thought you were a grisled veteran in the game. Turns out I was only half right.

23 yrs old and on top of the world and will most likely only go higher.

Truly inspirational.

- Jesse

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio