The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing An Automation Business

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
Hey all

Maybe you've seen my other progress thread, maybe not. But that was a 6 month endeavour with a lot of life lessons I would never have learned if I never tried anything with the idea.

My biggest lesson learned: build something people need.

So that's what I plan to do now.

I already work as an automations lead for the company I'm at, so I'm going to be doing just that for local businesses for different niches.

I don't exactly know what to automate, but I'm pretty confident that given a system that gets a job done in a number of steps, I can significantly reduce time and resources it takes through code or whatever tools available.

The first thing I tested was this very assumption. Can I actually automate anything? Is this skill important enough for businesses? Do they need it enough? And if so how much would they be willing to spend?

Here's what I did since Dec 2023:
  • Reach out to anyone I know, warm or cold, that does have a business and ask how I could help them
  • Create an Upwork to get a general idea how much people are willing to spend
  • Send out cold email campaigns targeting different niches
After a lot of talks with a bunch of business owners I've realised a few things:
  • Very few businesses don't need automation because they don't have a system yet, or they're figuring it out. Here I just help them out by showing ways they could build systems for their business.
  • Fewer businesses systemize every single aspect so they don't really need me because they're already aware of existing tools.
  • Alot of businesses think they need to automate one aspect but don't actually fix the root cause of issue.
  • A few businesses don't know they need it because they're used to the work flow that's already set up. It's not a priority for them but it's my job to show what they're missing and how I can help them run their business more efficiently.
  • The other types are really aware of the problem but can't find the solution for it.
In all. What I've learned is automation is a very important skill. And it helps that I really like doing it too.

Regardless of the type of business one has, they need to automate processes because it helps them cut down time taken, money spent, efforts taken and resources used.

At the moment I have 3 clients:
  • A meditech company
  • Someone I came to know from Upwork who's building his own automation agency
  • @Andy Black for creating report automations for his clients
  • (Someone else I helped out for free but she ghosted me lol)
Thank you so much @Andy Black for all the help and advice you've given me. It's been really fun working for your project. :)

I'll talk about how I'm sending targeted cold emails in my next post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey all

Maybe you've seen my other progress thread, maybe not. But that was a 6 month endeavour with a lot of life lessons I would never have learned if I never tried anything with the idea.

I already work as an automations lead for the company I'm at, so I'm going to be doing just that for local businesses for different niches.

I don't exactly know what to automate, but I'm pretty confident that given a system that gets a job done in a number of steps, I can significantly reduce time and resources it takes through code or whatever tools available.

The first thing I tested was this very assumption. Can I actually automate anything? Is this skill important enough for businesses? Do they need it enough? And if so how much would they be willing to spend?

• Reach out to anyone I know, warm or cold, that does have a business and ask how I could help them
After a lot of talks with a bunch of business owners I've realised a few things:
  • Very few businesses don't need automation because they don't have a system yet, or they're figuring it out. Here I just help them out by showing ways they could build systems for their business.
  • Fewer businesses systemize every single aspect so they don't really need me because they're already aware of existing tools.
  • Alot of businesses think they need to automate one aspect but don't actually fix the root cause of issue.
  • A few businesses don't know they need it because they're used to the work flow that's already set up. It's not a priority for them but it's my job to show what they're missing and how I can help them run their business more efficiently.
  • The other types are really aware of the problem but can't find the solution for it.
In all. What I've learned is automation is a very important skill. And it helps that I really like doing it too.

Regardless of the type of business one has, they need to automate processes because it helps them cut down time taken, money spent, efforts taken and resources used.

• A meditech company
Thank you so much @Andy Black for all the help and advice you've given me. It's been really fun working for your project. :)

Good stuff @uhhfeef

I think automation is like magic, and can make you a superhero to people.

I'm enjoying working with you. I'm sure the more I learn about what can be done the more I'll realise can be done.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I have recently launched a new automation business. All you need to do is find 1 thing you can automate that most businesses would find helpful (saving them time and money) and you're good to go.

I'd shy away from bespoke automations for different companies. Stick to 1 thing you automate and scale it across many companies.

Yesterday, I had a conversation with a previous client whom I used to provide Facebook advertising services for. During our discussion, I didn't initially pitch my new service to him because the automation I offer wouldn't significantly reduce his workload. However, he expressed curiosity about what I was currently working on. When I explained the details of my new service to him, he expressed interest in using it to avoid having to handle that task himself. In response, I offered to provide the service to him at a special price.

I told him £20 a month, takes me 15 mins to automate it and if he stays for at least a year which there's no reason he won't its £240 a year for 15 mins work. Not going to change my life but get 200+ like him and it will soon start adding up.

He's not in the niche I'm going after either where I can charge a lot more.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
I'm enjoying working with you. I'm sure the more I learn about what can be done the more I'll realise can be done.
Thank you Andy!! Likewise

I'd shy away from bespoke automations for different companies. Stick to 1 thing you automate and scale it across many companies.
100%. At the moment I'm asking around because I don't have that one thing I automate. So I'm going around asking specific niches what really troubles them.

If they all have something in common that I can solve, that's what I'll be working on.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022

How I created Cold email campaigns​

Select a niche within Apollo and target job titles within that niche. The great thing about apollo is that it's database is huge and you can specifically target a certain niche very easily.

I chose CEOs, founders, co-founders and managers.
1706859620718.png
Adding a location gets you access to all businesses within that location which I think is pretty neat. To start out, I chose the country I'm staying in at the moment.
Eg of filtered list:

1706857832340.png1706857845326.png1706857807630.png1706857875865.png

Transfer those leads into a list using Apollos paid subscription or the millions of scrapers you can find online.

Verify those leads with an email verification tool
1706859528234.png
1706859523123.png
I've noticed apollos leads are about 40%-50% verified. Meaning they exist and are used.

Transfer those leads to instantly and create email sequences to send to this list in bulk. Make sure to personalize according to the niche so it's more relevant.
1706859800116.png

(Optional)
Connect Zapier with instantly to auto send an email to your private email account so you get notified instantly.
1706860226950.png

In my next post I'll share how I automated google ads reports for @Andy Black.

Attachments

• 1706857389461.png
    1706857389461.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 10

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England

How I created Cold email campaigns​

Select a niche within Apollo and target job titles within that niche. The great thing about apollo is that it's database is huge and you can specifically target a certain niche very easily.

I chose CEOs, founders, co-founders and managers.
View attachment 53821
Adding a location gets you access to all businesses within that location which I think is pretty neat. To start out, I chose the country I'm staying in at the moment.
Eg of filtered list:

View attachment 53816View attachment 53817View attachment 53815View attachment 53818

Transfer those leads into a list using Apollos paid subscription or the millions of scrapers you can find online.

Verify those leads with an email verification tool
View attachment 53820
View attachment 53819
I've noticed apollos leads are about 40%-50% verified. Meaning they exist and are used.

Transfer those leads to instantly and create email sequences to send to this list in bulk. Make sure to personalize according to the niche so it's more relevant.
View attachment 53822

(Optional)
Connect Zapier with instantly to auto send an email to your private email account so you get notified instantly.
View attachment 53823

Great post, I use Apollo and Instantly.

I also use Outscraper aswell which is good for Google maps.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just to explain how this came about...

@uhhfeef messaged me in the forum thanking me for my content and asking if he could help automate tasks in my business, for free.

We ended up in a call and have been working on an automation.

Naturally I want to help him back so we've been discussing how he can grow his automation business.

Me being me, I grabbed some of the conversation and posted to LinkedIn:

sdbrownlie

Building Links for SEO Peeps
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 26, 2017
Royal Leamington Spa
Me being me, I grabbed some of the conversation and posted to LinkedIn:
I had a little break from the forum (and forums generally) to focus on what I wanted to do next after some challenges in the SEO space last year and it's great to come back and see Andy still delivering pure gold!!

It's also funny that I'm in some automation and AI communities online and the mad stuff they're talking about and their incompetence at using basic tools - like the automating of an email outreach campaign - are beyond many of them and on here most people are already on that train.

Definitely glad I came back.

Andy - I just added you on LinkedIn - looking forward to seeing more of your content over there too.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022

How I automated @Andy Black's Google Ads Reports​

Andy had a "pain in the bum" issue with his google ads reporting where he had to generate reports for each client every week from Google ads, download it and then copy paste its contents into a specific file.

To do this I set up a make.com workflow:
1707379164744.png
It extracts details through the google ads API using Google Ads Query Language, creates csv files for each client and stores them in the drive folder.

Andy requested if I could convert each csv file into google sheets where he could then use the data for his own needs.

At the end you can see an http request module, this request acts as a webhook to the AppScript that's responsible of updating or creating the google sheet for each csv file.
1707381953718.png

The receiving end (below) in the AppScript will catch the request from make.com and execute the code. This means that as soon as the make workflow is done, this one starts.
1707382037757.png

That's it! This way, Andy can extract relevant details and create custom sheets for each of his clients with the updated data automatically.

I could probably do the entire thing within AppScripts itself but Make was easier :)

PS: The fun part wasn't doing the work for Andy, it was all the advice he gave me in all those calls which I'm super grateful for. If you have a hero you look up to, just reach out!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

How I automated @Andy Black's Google Ads Reports​

Andy had a "pain in the bum" issue with his google ads reporting where he had to generate reports for each client every week from Google ads, download it and then copy paste its contents into a specific file.

To do this I set up a make.com workflow:
View attachment 54124
It extracts details through the google ads API using Google Ads Query Language, creates csv files for each client and stores them in the drive folder.

Andy requested if I could convert each csv file into google sheets where he could then use the data for his own needs.

At the end you can see an http request module, this request acts as a webhook to the AppScript that's responsible of updating or creating the google sheet for each csv file.
View attachment 54126

The receiving end (below) in the AppScript will catch the request from make.com and execute the code. This means that as soon as the make workflow is done, this one starts.
View attachment 54127

That's it! This way, Andy can extract relevant details and create custom sheets for each of his clients with the updated data automatically.

I could probably do the entire thing within AppScripts itself but Make was easier :)

PS: The fun part wasn't doing the work for Andy, it was all the advice he gave me in all those calls which I'm super grateful for. If you have a hero you look up to, just reach out!
Thanks for all your help @uhhfeef

You're right... I called it a "pain in the bum" that we can't automate Google Ads reports and have it automatically sent to a Google Sheet. Instead, we get an automated email with a link we have to click to go download the data. You'd think Google would make it easier but I presume they have their reasons.

I'm looking forward to having a play with this solution and automating our client and internal dashboards.

sdbrownlie

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 26, 2017
Royal Leamington Spa
Thanks for all your help @uhhfeef

You're right... I called it a "pain in the bum" that we can't automate Google Ads reports and have it automatically sent to a Google Sheet. Instead, we get an automated email with a link we have to click to go download the data. You'd think Google would make it easier but I presume they have their reasons.

I'm looking forward to having a play with this solution and automating our client and internal dashboards.
This just shows something really important for all of us to think about when trying to think of 'what we can solve for many people' - especially if we're used to coding and automating things for ourselves - we tend to forget there's people still manually putting things in spreadsheets and sending them places etc.

It's definitely a gap in my game - need to be more diligent about writing down every little thing I solve for myself AND spend more time talking to people who have real problems and crazy fiddly 'pain in the bum' workflows they're dealing with. It'll unlock opportunities I'm not currently seeing due to a 'fog' I created for myself where 'nothing is a big problem' because it can be solved in 20 minutes with some code. But if that 20 minutes saves someone days a month...

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@uhhfeef dm me. Run an engineering company. Probably talking to your potential customers.
Let's do a quick call this week

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@uhhfeef dm me. Run an engineering company. Probably talking to your potential customers.
Let's do a quick call this week
Boom! Help people. Be seen helping people. Good things happen.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
I've been sending out cold emails and iterating on my email content by testing several assumptions of mine on a weekly basis.

To do that, I've created a notion board to test my assumptions on what businesses want. The niche I picked was Ecommerce simply because profit margins on average are so low (around 15%) that there could probably be a few ways I could introduce automations to increase that percentage.
1708606177124.png

These are my results so far.
1708605185098.png

I'm aware that the open rate is pretty high which means prospects are opening the emails, my problem is the ones that did reply either have default out-of-office reply backs or are not interested.

Which means that there's something wrong with my copy (assumption).

My copy is pretty simple, start with a compliment, give a quick intro on what I do and how I saved money for other businesses and a free audit to find bottlenecks within their systems.

The funny part is if I get in front of business owners and "pitch" to them, I have a higher chance of getting them interested in the value of automation within their business, so I'm not sure why the response via email is so bad haha.

Andy suggested I should document this and try to get another perspective into it.

So yea, would love to hear you guys' thoughts on it!

Attachments

• 1708604987465.png
    1708604987465.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 3

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What's the subject and body of the email?

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
What's the subject and body of the email?

Right now, I'm testing what someone shared because mine wasn't showing results.
1708617811618.png

This was mine (more than 200 emails sent with this):

Hey name!

So I was looking for e-commerce stores in UAE, stumbled upon storename and felt like I had to reach out.

My name is Afeef and this past couple of years I've saved Etisalat more than 50,000dh per month on tasks through automations.

Would you like to achieve something similar for your business?

PS: I built a free chatbot for your website, feel free to reply if this interests you.

Then there's 3 follow up emails.

Attachments

• 1708617773832.png
    1708617773832.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

sdbrownlie

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 26, 2017
Royal Leamington Spa
Right now, I'm testing what someone shared because mine wasn't showing results.
View attachment 54406

This was mine (more than 200 emails sent with this):

Then there's 3 follow up emails.
I think when you're an AI agency selling AI services you should be automating things like personalisations in your outreach emails etc. You should 'know' in the email what their store actually does not just a typical generic spam cold email starter of 'I really loved your site' which is what bad outreach people send in the SEO/linkbuilding space too so you're not alone in making that mistake of thinking that's enough of a customisation/compliment.

You've got to do more here to catch their attention anyway - hit them with either a surprising statement, or something mad/controversial to start (I've got people in my network and the crazy opener guy seems to be killing it but I'm a bit of a wimp about sending too mad stuff out so... maybe I need to stop...? or maybe that's just not for me!).

Don't say things you know they won't believe - 'it got me thinking' if you sell automation they know you think everyone should buy an automation off you - it's nothing unique to them/no point including it.

You have to be more specific too - 'want some automations' of someone sent me that I'd be like well maybe but whatever I can't think of anything right now I desperately need and just move on. If you work in their space you should KNOW what things everyone is struggling with and how you can add value.

That's where I'd start thinking about it all and go from there until you have something a lot catchier/more solid.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
I think when you're an AI agency selling AI services you should be automating things like personalisations in your outreach emails etc. You should 'know' in the email what their store actually does not just a typical generic spam cold email starter of 'I really loved your site' which is what bad outreach people send in the SEO/linkbuilding space too so you're not alone in making that mistake of thinking that's enough of a customisation/compliment.

You've got to do more here to catch their attention anyway - hit them with either a surprising statement, or something mad/controversial to start (I've got people in my network and the crazy opener guy seems to be killing it but I'm a bit of a wimp about sending too mad stuff out so... maybe I need to stop...? or maybe that's just not for me!).

Don't say things you know they won't believe - 'it got me thinking' if you sell automation they know you think everyone should buy an automation off you - it's nothing unique to them/no point including it.

You have to be more specific too - 'want some automations' of someone sent me that I'd be like well maybe but whatever I can't think of anything right now I desperately need and just move on. If you work in their space you should KNOW what things everyone is struggling with and how you can add value.

That's where I'd start thinking about it all and go from there until you have something a lot catchier/more solid.
Thanks for the feedback!

Yea I realize its not personalized enough but I have a huge list of leads and I can't go around personalizing for each lead I have.

I could get AI to do it but it sounds really fake.

What you say about being specific makes complete sense. But I don't really have any experience within this niche so I can't really target specifically what I could help them with. And the thing is sometimes it really can be that broad.

If I knew what to automate I'd build my own product and sell them on that, I wouldn't be cold emailing them to ask about what I could automate.

What I'd like to do is get them intrigued enough to get on a call so that I can figure out possible bottlenecks within their business and eliminate those.

Most of the times business owners are not aware about what should be automated.

sdbrownlie

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 26, 2017
Royal Leamington Spa
Thanks for the feedback!

Yea I realize its not personalized enough but I have a huge list of leads and I can't go around personalizing for each lead I have.

I could get AI to do it but it sounds really fake.

What you say about being specific makes complete sense. But I don't really have any experience within this niche so I can't really target specifically what I could help them with. And the thing is sometimes it really can be that broad.

If I knew what to automate I'd build my own product and sell them on that, I wouldn't be cold emailing them to ask about what I could automate.

What I'd like to do is get them intrigued enough to get on a call so that I can figure out possible bottlenecks within their business and eliminate those.

Most of the times business owners are not aware about what should be automated.
You see the problem though/why you have to sell them on the idea of what you need to do somehow in the email not be vague though right? You're an automation guy and I'm telling you that you need to automate customising your emails but I didn't give enough proof that you should do it so despite being capable of doing it you still don't want to do it/think it'll work. (it works btw - for our SEO/linkbuilding outreach I get 2x the response rate we used to get with 'batched lightly tailored to the batch' emails for example and lots of compliments on the quality of the email etc compared to 'most pitches they get').

That's the kind of feeling but 10x worse that someone outside AI thinks about what automations are possible. They just have no idea what's possible and think most things won't work even if they will. That's the starting point you have to overcome in your pitches to them.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
You see the problem though/why you have to sell them on the idea of what you need to do somehow in the email not be vague though right? You're an automation guy and I'm telling you that you need to automate customising your emails but I didn't give enough proof that you should do it so despite being capable of doing it you still don't want to do it/think it'll work. (it works btw - for our SEO/linkbuilding outreach I get 2x the response rate we used to get with 'batched lightly tailored to the batch' emails for example and lots of compliments on the quality of the email etc compared to 'most pitches they get').

That's the kind of feeling but 10x worse that someone outside AI thinks about what automations are possible. They just have no idea what's possible and think most things won't work even if they will. That's the starting point you have to overcome in your pitches to them.
I think I got your point but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to automate personalized compliments.

For the emails that I manually send, I do some research, make it personalized enough and yes you're completely right I've seen more success with that.

But when its a gigantic list of leads (1500), either I have to really pin point and send them manually or get AI to do it. And I have have tried AI to compliment, you can just tell that it's not real.

But yea I feel like I could just let this sequence run in the background and find other ways to get in front of businesses.

sdbrownlie

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 26, 2017
Royal Leamington Spa
I think I got your point but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to automate personalized compliments.

For the emails that I manually send, I do some research, make it personalized enough and yes you're completely right I've seen more success with that.

But when its a gigantic list of leads (1500), either I have to really pin point and send them manually or get AI to do it. And I have have tried AI to compliment, you can just tell that it's not real.

But yea I feel like I could just let this sequence run in the background and find other ways to get in front of businesses.
Scrape the web for information about their businesses at scale. Base the personalisations on that. If you can't devise a prompt that does the personalisations to the quality you'd like, then fine tune the model to write the compliments in the style you want based on the actual information you find (their blog posts, linked in, whatever you decide to scrape or whatever you'd do manually). Come on chap - you're selling automation to businesses - you need to be able to use all the automation tools for yourself to their full power!

Jeff.Grandjean

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 21, 2024
Hey all

• A meditech company

Hi,

I started my business a few months ago with automated rental for sport equipment. Easy software, easy system and lot of possibilities.
I worked as a store leader before, so i knew the problems about rental, but also the statistics and finances behind.
Now i‘m starting to make it as a franchise. People can buy the complete automated system, i get 35% of every rental.

I could need some support, if you are interested.
I live in Switzerland

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
Scrape the web for information about their businesses at scale. Base the personalisations on that. If you can't devise a prompt that does the personalisations to the quality you'd like, then fine tune the model to write the compliments in the style you want based on the actual information you find (their blog posts, linked in, whatever you decide to scrape or whatever you'd do manually). Come on chap - you're selling automation to businesses - you need to be able to use all the automation tools for yourself to their full power!
Hahah alright I'll see what I can do

But this sounds like something that takes more effort than just manually cold emailing lmao.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
Hi,

I started my business a few months ago with automated rental for sport equipment. Easy software, easy system and lot of possibilities.
I worked as a store leader before, so i knew the problems about rental, but also the statistics and finances behind.
Now i‘m starting to make it as a franchise. People can buy the complete automated system, i get 35% of every rental.

I could need some support, if you are interested.
I live in Switzerland
Hey there mate

Sure, I'll dm you.

sdbrownlie

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 26, 2017
Royal Leamington Spa
Hahah alright I'll see what I can do

But this sounds like something that takes more effort than just manually cold emailing lmao.
Only the first time you do it :) and you'll definitely have it done before you'd have written 200 customisations let alone 1500 even on the first run!

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
Only the first time you do it :) and you'll definitely have it done before you'd have written 200 customisations let alone 1500 even on the first run!
Btw have you tried instantlys AI personalization? Is that what you're referring to?

sdbrownlie

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 26, 2017
Royal Leamington Spa
Btw have you tried instantlys AI personalization? Is that what you're referring to?
I haven't - back when I set all of mine up (and for a few clients) it wasn't fancy enough/didn't seem to offer web scraping or fine tuning or anything else I wanted. Maybe it's improved since then iono tbh. Now I'm all set up I just use my set up - I do upload to instantly to send though - their warm up seems to keep outboxes at very high deliverability very well.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
I haven't - back when I set all of mine up (and for a few clients) it wasn't fancy enough/didn't seem to offer web scraping or fine tuning or anything else I wanted. Maybe it's improved since then iono tbh. Now I'm all set up I just use my set up - I do upload to instantly to send though - their warm up seems to keep outboxes at very high deliverability very well.
Ah yea now it's pretty good and they have their own courses on how to create and send emails through instantly.

By the way if you have that system setup you could probably release it as a product. I know I need something like that right now.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Personally, I wouldn't get going by sending cold emails. It's interruption marketing for starters, and it's hard to dial in who you should market to, what problem you're solving, and how to communicate your offer.

This is where social media platforms come into their own. There's communities online where you can join in and get to know people, what problems they might have, and how to help them.

Even posting content is better on platforms and in communities than on a website as you can checkbout who Likes or Comments, and tou can DM them straight away.

Have I linked to this before?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.