The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Meetup Accountability Call Megathread

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Business is adding value and getting paid. People often start by adding value and then figuring out how to get paid.
In your opinion, do you think that I should interview forum members? I like your idea of asking teenagers what their question will be and asking a forum member.

Teenagers, what do you think? Would you like me to interview a forum member like @Andy Black monthly and you posting questions for a forum member? You ask me questions and I'll ask forum members on a 1 on 1 call

If everyone wants it, @Andy Black would you want to be interviewed? Seems like you're knowledgeable. Could help us teens to change the way we think. Feel like one of my biggest problems is the mindset about helping others and thinking big.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
In your opinion, do you think that I should interview forum members? I like your idea of asking teenagers what their question will be and asking a forum member.

Teenagers, what do you think? Would you like me to interview a forum member like @Andy Black monthly and you posting questions for a forum member? You ask me questions and I'll ask forum members on a 1 on 1 call

If everyone wants it, @Andy Black would you want to be interviewed? Seems like you're knowledgeable. Could help us teens to change the way we think. Feel like one of my biggest problems is the mindset about helping others and thinking big.
Sure. Let's do it. We can use my Zoom since I've the paid version. I'll record it, and show you how Descript can be used to transcribe and edit the video via the transcription.

@BigRomeDawg... any tips on doing Zoom interviews for podcasts/ YouTube channels?

Have a look at @mikecarlooch 's YouTube channel for a handful of the interviews he did. I think starting with forum members is a great idea. Who doesn't want to give back to the forum, and who would refuse helping a teenager get started?

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Sure. Let's do it. We can use my Zoom since I've the paid version. I'll record it, and show you how Descript can be used to transcribe and edit the video via the transcription.

@BigRomeDawg... any tips on doing Zoom interviews for podcasts/ YouTube channels?
This Sunday?? What time?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This Sunday?? What time?
Maybe create a thread asking who they'd like to be interviewed, and what questions to ask them?

Over time you might find a standard set of questions.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
This Sunday?? What time?
Pick a date and time. Do something like what I did for the Dallas-Fort Worth meetup. Being more concrete is better than asking for people's availability. Advice I got from some other members. People will show up or not.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Lawtiti ... If you still want to chat Sunday let's do it. I'll setup the Zoom with my account as it's a paid one so won't timeout after 40 mins. 10pm Dublin time works best for me.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
@Lawtiti ... If you still want to chat Sunday let's do it. I'll setup the Zoom with my account as it's a paidbone so won't timeout after 40 mins. 10pm Dublin time works best for me.
Sure thing! I'll tell the forum members about this. Going to ask them if they have any questions for you!

So I'll prepare a set of questions from the forum members and interview you

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Because although MJ has a "I'm not responsible" thread somewhere on the forum, stuff like this is a prime target for groomers.

Not just for sickos, but also for charlatans. I remember some time ago there was a guy here that hired several teenage/20s members of the forum for his scam business. He gave them the Kool-Aid and they drank it. He took advantage of their inexperience and hunger.

Personally, I'm much less concerned about the sickos than I am about the charlatans, considering the demographic of this forum.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Not just for sickos, but also for charlatans. I remember some time ago there was a guy here that hired several teenage/20s members of the forum for his scam business. He gave them the Kool-Aid and they drank it. He took advantage of their inexperience and hunger.

Personally, I'm much less concerned about the sickos than I am about the charlatans, considering the demographic of this forum.
That sounds weird

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
That sounds weird

There's a lot more to the story. I won't tell the story (don't PM me either) but I will tell the biggest lessons:

• Just because someone is well-respected on the Internet doesn't mean they deserve that respect (trust, but verify)
  • Just because someone has a high-revenue business doesn't mean that they're selling something of actual value, they could simply be selling perceived value
  • What they use to lure people in (in this case, making a lot of money) will be the thing they use to defend immoral actions, and their defense will seem quite strong
  • You CAN learn something from charlatans, but those lessons are best learned with as little risk as possible

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

giphy.gif

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Have a look at @mikecarlooch 's YouTube channel for a handful of the interviews he did. I think starting with forum members is a great idea. Who doesn't want to give back to the forum, and who would refuse helping a teenager get started?

Love the idea of helping teenagers get started.

You're the perfect person for it also.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If anyone wants to hop on a Zoom this evening at 10pm Dublin time then just reply and I'll PM you the link nearer the time.

You don't have to be a teenager. I figure we can go through common things people starting out are stuck on and how to overcome them.

I'll be online anyway mucking about trying to edit a video.

EDIT: I'll create a thread for this.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thread created:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I'll hop in, send me a link? I've got sometime today to spare.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Thread created:

So this thread has made it a bit confusing if this is meant to be an ongoing series...

So who's in charge around here? I was going to tag Lawtiti but that forum handle is gone now. Shame. I actually really liked that name. I don't know the meaning, but it sure was catchy.

@Chet Shen are you the man to talk to now? I'd like to volunteer for the next call.

You've gotten some of the Yin and Yang that is @ZCP and @Andy Black . So far I think what you'all've discussed is motivational, get started stuff, right?

Hopefully some of you are getting started.

I have found that pretty quickly new biz owners get bogged down in the marketing questions. Shiny object syndrome.

I thought a call about the 3 M's of Marketing (see thread here) could help give you newer folks a framework for crafting messages and deciding what marketing mediums to focus your efforts on.

Andy might say I'm helping you solve problems you do not have yet (and he might be right), but it's a common thing I see start ups (and established companies) face, so better to prepare you now.

Of course if you all want a general topic or a different speaker, that's cool. I just like the momentum that has started here with this and want to do my part to keep it going.

(Please don't ask me to discord though. Lol.)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So this thread has made it a bit confusing if this is meant to be an ongoing series...

So who's in charge around here? I was going to tag Lawtiti but that forum handle is gone now. Shame. I actually really liked that name. I don't know the meaning, but it sure was catchy.

@Chet Shen are you the man to talk to now? I'd like to volunteer for the next call.

You've gotten some of the Yin and Yang that is @ZCP and @Andy Black . So far I think what you'all've discussed is motivational, get started stuff, right?

I have found that pretty quickly new biz owners get bogged down in the marketing questions. Shiny object syndrome.

I thought a call about the 3 M's of Marketing (see thread here) could help give you newer folks a framework for crafting messages and deciding what marketing mediums to focus your efforts on.

Andy might say I'm helping you solve problems you do not have yet (and he might be right), but it's a common thing I see start ups (and established companies) face, so better to prepare you now.

Of course if you all want a general topic or a different speaker, that's cool. I just like the momentum that has started here with this and want to do my part to keep it going.

Marketing is super important. Good work @BizyDad.

I think an ongoing series is great for the forum, and @Chet Shen indicated in the other thread he likes the format.

I have the video recording of the one I hosted and can put that onto a TFLF channel if @MJ DeMarco or @Chet Shen would like to create one.

Lol at me and @ZCP being Yin and Yang. Do you mean he's Mr Chop Chop and I'm more Mr Gentle Guider?

PS: I created a separate thread for the call I hosted as I wanted it to appeal from the title to anyone getting started rather than just teenagers getting started. Plus I like multiple threads linked up by master threads anyway so that conversations are a bit more organised. I'd make sure to follow the thread of the call I did and answer questions in there, but won't follow this thread as closely.

Happy to merge the threads if @MJ DeMarco thinks that would be less cluttered in the forum.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Please don't ask me to discord though.
@Chet Shen ... is that a little mastermind group? If not, can you bring that Discord back into the forum? It's usually better for the forum to keep conversations in here, although members often naturally end up in private PM offline, and that relationship building is one of the main beauties of the forum. I'm not 100% sure on @MJ DeMarco 's stance here.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Whatever happens, I'm in.
Also, @Chet Shen if you need a hand with anything just tag me. I could take notes for you so you can focus on moderating the call

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney

Lawtiti is the name given by my parents cause they like it(You don't like it?? ;) You like my nickname huh? ). I changed to my real name cuz I have nothing to hide, lol it doesn't matter.

YES! Please go ahead and give people a chance to be in a call with legendary contributors here
@Chet Shen ... is that a little mastermind group? If not, can you bring that Discord back into the forum? It's usually better for the forum to keep conversations in here, although members often naturally end up in private PM offline, and that relationship building is one of the main beauties of the forum. I'm not 100% sure on @MJ DeMarco 's stance here.
That's 100% true. I use discord ONLY due to the time limit zoom had for me.

I argee on the putting the discord server chatting back into the forum. And nope, I don't want it to be a mastermind group.

Last edited:

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Marketing is super important. Good work @BizyDad.

I think an ongoing series is great for the forum, and @Chet Shen indicated in the other thread he likes the format.

I have the video recording of the one I hosted and can put that onto a TFLF channel if @MJ DeMarco or @Chet Shen would like to create one.

Lol at me and @ZCP being Yin and Yang. Do you mean he's Mr Chop Chop and I'm more Mr Gentle Guider?

PS: I created a separate thread for the call I hosted as I wanted it to appeal from the title to anyone getting started rather than just teenagers getting started. Plus I like multiple threads linked up by master threads anyway so that conversations are a bit more organised. I'd make sure to follow the thread of the call I did and answer questions in there, but won't follow this thread as closely.

Happy to merge the threads if @MJ DeMarco thinks that would be less cluttered in the forum.
Yea sure! Btw I argee on answering those questions that you answered in the call last week really will make people answer their own seperate questions.

Sure I'll create another thread dedicated to this series. @BizyDad when are you able to do this call and would you like a seperate thread like @Andy Black said, to organise it into a mega thread?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Yea sure! Btw I argee on answering those questions that you answered in the call last week really will make people answer their own seperate questions.

Sure I'll create another thread dedicated to this series. @BizyDad when are you able to do this call and would you like a seperate thread like @Andy Black said, to organise it into a mega thread?

I can do a call at 12 or 1pm PDT this coming Sunday. Or 6 or 7 pm on Monday or Tuesday.

I have a paid Google meet account so I can host and record.

It's up to you guys how you want to do the threading. Whatever works best. We can use this thread, we can use the thread I created for the 3ms of marketing, or we can just start a new one. Whatever works.

hasagim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 11, 2022
I can do a call at 12 or 1pm PDT this coming Sunday. Or 6 or 7 pm on Monday or Tuesday.

It's up to you guys how you want to do the threading. Whatever works best. We can use this thread, we can use the thread I created for the 3ms of marketing, or we can just start a new one. Whatever works.
I'll gladly join! Just let me know the time!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

As long as you link it in here I’ll be able to make it.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney

What do you think if we continue this in the thread that Andy black created and that thread will just be called:"Getting Started"

Then it will be a series of info from experienced forum members

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
12pm - 1pm PDT Sunday works with me (actually all works with me lol)

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany