The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vigilante's "Mind Your Business" Radio Show

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
"Hey dock workers, if unions are so great why do you have one of the worst paying jobs in the country?"

LOL

I loved this. Unions exist for one reason... They are the anti business. They exist to help workers do the least amount of work for the most amount of money possible... And to do this... They literally charge the workers to be a part.

So you have some stupid organization that is supposed to hold your wages up... You pay handsomely for that and yet you could probably go get better pay at home depot.

Unions are organized crime. A protection racket. Bullshit.

I remember what the hostess cupcake factory did about 5 years back. They wanted like 2x the wages, the company couldn't do it. No one conceded... So they said screw you all and shut it down. No jobs for anyone now.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Find a new hand, get acquainted to this one or learn to kill what you eat. Who is John Galt?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Paging @Andy Black I got a report this morning that people are having problems accessing the mind your business radio show from the EU. Please review and advise.

A reminder also that we are on just about every podcast platform in the universe. I will post the full link list later but let me know if you have any problems finding it and thanks to Timmy for alerting me to the possible problem in the EU.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Paging @Andy Black I got a report this morning that people are having problems accessing the mind your business radio show from the EU. Please review and advise.

A reminder also that we are on just about every podcast platform in the universe. I will post the full link list later but let me know if you have any problems finding it and thanks to Timmy for alerting me to the possible problem in the EU.
I can access it via the app on my iPhone:

E83C91F7-7E38-4267-9402-4234D83A0FD9.png

I don’t use any of the other platforms. Spreaker doesn’t allow me to rewind by 15 seconds like the Podcast app does.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Might be a SoundCloud related issue

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am at a loss for words. When I started the Mind Your Business radio show, I hoped to make a difference for people. Just a few short weeks ago, our family privately was excited about the first 25 downloads, then 50. It was a big deal when we crossed over 100.

Today, due in part to some things really catching momentum on the JioSaavn international platform, we will have over 500 downloads ---just for today - maybe more. 500 in one day?

I'm honored. Excited. A little freaked out as I am completely unprepared for this, but with deep appreciation I will spend some time next week figuring out how to drive even more content into your hands. You all deserve my best possible effort.

Thank you for listening. - Dave

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I am at a loss for words. When I started the Mind Your Business radio show, I hoped to make a difference for people. Just a few short weeks ago, our family privately was excited about the first 25 downloads, then 50. It was a big deal when we crossed over 100.

Today, due in part to some things really catching momentum on the JioSaavn international platform, we will have over 500 downloads ---just for today - maybe more. 500 in one day?

I'm honored. Excited. A little freaked out as I am completely unprepared for this, but with deep appreciation I will spend some time next week figuring out how to drive even more content into your hands. You all deserve my best possible effort.

Thanks for sharing this Dave. Posts like this are what makes this forum special. We get to see behind the curtains, and we get to see that it’s another human being behind the curtains. There’s magic there nonetheless. The magic is in showing this is possible for other human beings.

For those watching while they have a dream to produce: Start now. Enjoy the process. See how much fun @Vigilante and @Kak are having. See how they conquer fears and forge ahead. If you want to get get ahead then join team producer.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Might be useful for you @Vigilante

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland

Working fine in Ireland via the Pocket Casts app! :thumbsup:

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland

Hi Dave and Kyle,

Just a quick note to say thank you for the very enjoyable Podcasts. I just finished all of them. I'm only starting out as an Entrepreneur but as a Podcast Junkie I'm a veteran! Minimum two hours a day.... as I walk my Celtic Battle Hounds in the wilds of Ireland.

I've wanted to offer my two cents on what I love so far, being mindful as per your last show regarding information getting misinterpreted ... but I hope this is viewed in the light its intended:

What I love most: Hearing from members of the Fastlane Forum and putting personalities and Stories to the Usernames...

What I'm Curious about: Why you two haven't teamed up to make one Mega Podcast?

What I'm excited about: The Big announcement! As you or Kyle correctly mentioned: It's not about Democrat or Republican, but Oligarchy!

My Favourite Podcast of all Time and Why: The Tim Ferris Podcast, His set question format allows for wild tangents but the format acts as an anchor.

Thanks guys... I'm digging it! :praise:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hi Dave and Kyle,

Just a quick note to say thank you for the very enjoyable Podcasts. I just finished all of them. I'm only starting out as an Entrepreneur but as a Podcast Junkie I'm a veteran! Minimum two hours a day.... as I walk my Celtic Battle Hounds in the wilds of Ireland.

I've wanted to offer my two cents on what I love so far, being mindful as per your last show regarding information getting misinterpreted ... but I hope this is viewed in the light its intended:

What I love most: Hearing from members of the Fastlane Forum and putting personalities and Stories to the Usernames...

What I'm Curious about: Why you two haven't teamed up to make one Mega Podcast?

What I'm excited about: The Big announcement! As you or Kyle correctly mentioned: It's not about Democrat or Republican, but Oligarchy!

My Favourite Podcast of all Time and Why: The Tim Ferris Podcast, His set question format allows for wild tangents but the format acts as an anchor.

Thanks guys... I'm digging it! :praise:

Wonderful notes, and thank you for listening. Kyle and I are working behind the scenes, and eventually we will be putting multiple pieces together into a joint owned MEDIA EMPIRE. Today, there's an intentional strategy to build separately. We have separate stories to tell, but collaborate regularly and talk daily. Thank you so much for your insight though.

Please go HERE and leave a comment or idea, as we're going to be playing a few of these during the show(s) over the next few weeks:::

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
For those who are following this Cinderella story, with thanks... I can report we crossed over THREE THOUSAND (cumulative) downloads today! You all are unbelievable, and the greatest supporters of any media ever. It's because of YOU that I am having the time of my life with this. I will never forget it. I owe you my best work. - Dave

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
For those who are following this Cinderella story, with thanks... I can report we crossed over THREE THOUSAND (cumulative) downloads today! You all are unbelievable, and the greatest supporters of any media ever. It's because of YOU that I am having the time of my life with this. I will never forget it. I owe you my best work. - Dave
Great work Dave. Are those downloads from Spreaker?

Are you using Spreaker because it propogates to the other platforms?

I’m curious what your process is after you’ve recorded an episode. Do you send the episode to someone else to add intro and outro? Where do you have to publish to, and in what order? What do you currently do after you publish? I presume @Kak is doing something similar.

I’ll write a review for both shows on iTunes soon.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
The applause and the 'tring' sound( don't know what it is) fit well with the intro music.

Another awesome episode @Vigilante

The message was simple and effective.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The applause and the 'tring' sound( don't know what it is) fit well with the intro music.

Another awesome episode @Vigilante

The message was simple and effective.

Thank you! Next time you listen, on what ever platform you are listening on, leave us a comment because that actually helps the search results / rankings on all of the various platforms.

Recording a couple of shows now, one on trademarks and the other on marketing.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Thank you! Next time you listen, on what ever platform you are listening on, leave us a comment because that actually helps the search results / rankings on all of the various platforms.

Done on the Apple Podcasts app! X2

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018

I listen on Spotify (easy to rewind) but couldn't find a place to review. So will do on Spreaker.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I listen on Spotify (easy to rewind) but couldn't find a place to review. So will do on Spreaker.

The Apple ones help the best if you have an Apple device. They help the show get to "New and Noteworthy" status. That status means thousands upon thousands of long term subscribers.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Next up for the Mind Your Business show :

Today : 10 New Business Ideas for 2020

Saturday 11AM Eastern : Do-It-Yourself Trademarks

Sunday 3AM Eastern : A show that will piss everyone off. "What Can I Do About Racism in America?"

Tuesday 6/23 3AM Eastern : Basic Business Terminology and Definitions

Saturday 6/27 11AM Eastern : Top 20 Reasons Startups Fail

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
A BONUS EDITION of the Mind Your Business Radio Show! Thanks for the fuel!

Here's the article I quoted from extensively during this edition of the MYB Radio Show.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Loved it. Reminded me I have some of this to do.

Do you think the TM is worth a crap at all any more? Is there any value for any online presence in the TM? I worry that it isn’t any longer.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Timely episode for me Dave, thanks for putting it out.

- Use 7 day free trial on rocketlawyer.com to fill out the paperwork.
- Read Trademark by Stephen Fishman | 2019, 12th Edition on nolo.com.

Is there any value for any online presence in the TM? I worry that it isn’t any longer.

What do you mean by that question?

From my understanding, a trademark only gives you the option of suing someone if they are infringing. Although, like Dave said, it does give you some extra benefits of stopping counterfeit products at the border. Essentially, you need to put your money on the line for any actual protection. For most young companies it's likely better to just pick a different mark than to deal with a lawsuit unless you have significant brand equity and dollars to back it up.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Timely episode for me Dave, thanks for putting it out.

- Use 7 day free trial on rocketlawyer.com to fill out the paperwork.
- Read Trademark by Stephen Fishman | 2019, 12th Edition on nolo.com.

What do you mean by that question?

From my understanding, a trademark only gives you the option of suing someone if they are infringing. Although, like Dave said, it does give you some extra benefits of stopping counterfeit products at the border. Essentially, you need to put your money on the line for any actual protection. For most young companies it's likely better to just pick a different mark than to deal with a lawsuit unless you have significant brand equity and dollars to back it up.

My question was about the TM vs the R. Basically if the TM has a place in modern business where everyone has a website that crosses geographical borders. Skype always made me think it was fine.

I know for a fact that Amazon doesn’t care if you claim the TM. You need an R.

What about a Shopify?

My apologies. My question was poorly written.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My question was about the TM vs the R. Basically if the TM has a place in modern business where everyone has a website that crosses geographical borders. Skype always made me think it was fine.

I know for a fact that Amazon doesn’t care if you claim the TM. You need an R.

What about a Shopify?

My apologies. My question was poorly written.

You do need a registered trademark for Amazon brand registry.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%