The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vegan / Vegetarians Only (Chat about lifestyle, opportunities, food, whatever...)

ravn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 9, 2023
Stopped eating meat and drastically reduced milk consumption 4 years ago, and it's been one of my best life choice.

I feel healthier and it is amazing to discover new food. The meat culture let people think there is no alternative to meat. Big laugh when I released many plant-based food have more proteins than meat itself.
That's wonderful to hear! I can relate to your experience as well. I made the same choice over 10 years ago, and it has been one of the best decisions of my life. I'm now 36 years old, and embracing a plant-based lifestyle has brought me numerous benefits, including increased energy, improved digestion, and a clearer conscience knowing that I'm making a positive difference. The prevailing meat-centric culture often leads people to believe that there are no viable alternatives to meat, so it's truly eye-opening when we realize that many vegan foods actually offer more protein than meat itself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Funny how my testosterone is the highest it's been in 20 years as a vegan.

When I was in my late 30s and eating blocks of meat on a paleo/carnivore diet, I needed testosterone supplementation.

But yea, "real men eat meat," and likely will have limp dicks by the time they hit their 40s.

LOL.

Goodfella999

My biggest regret is not starting sooner
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 29, 2022
South FL

When I was in my late 30s and eating blocks of meat on a paleo/carnivore diet, I needed testosterone supplementation.

But yea, "real men eat meat," and likely will have limp dicks by the time they hit their 40s.

LOL.
Wow, so you were on TRT in your 30s and now without TRT its higher than the last 20 years? Whats your main source of protein?

kavala1921

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 6, 2022

LOL.
Lol that's crazy.
The biggest/strongest animals in the world also don't eat meat. Lol Something to think about.

Jess.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jun 27, 2023
Wow, so you were on TRT in your 30s and now without TRT its higher than the last 20 years? Whats your main source of protein?

My significant other is vegan since 8 years and today we talked about testosterone. For him one of the ways to have a healthy testosterone level is fasting and no ejaculation. If you want to have more information just let me know. With love, compassion and peace.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

I know you didn't ask me but I got 42g of protein from this delicious pizza + omega 3 since the “cheese” is made of walnuts. Healthy pizza for the win.

Also my T was around 600 ng/dl a couple of months ago when I tested it.

1E5156B2-8B48-4EE4-9D38-34A7D4A8FB36.jpeg

Attachments

• 1E5156B2-8B48-4EE4-9D38-34A7D4A8FB36.jpeg
    1E5156B2-8B48-4EE4-9D38-34A7D4A8FB36.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 1

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Can anyone reccomend good vegan chocolate ?

Just looked at the cookie recipie and with that step it would be fully vegan.

Btw, soymeal and water mixed with 1 part someplace and 3 parts water is literally better than eggs for baking.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Whats your main source of protein?

I get plenty of protein from lentils, peas (love me some peas!) seeds, nuts, veggies, beans, and other plant-based food. I also have a plant-based protein shake in the morning. That alone is 30g.

My problem isn't protein as the dogma would suggest, it's sugar.

Can anyone reccomend good vegan chocolate ?

Tons of options and they all are good.

Just an example...

Thrive marketplace, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Costco, all of them carry dairy-free chocolate or dairy-free choco chips.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Yesterday I got 108 grams of protein *while in a 500 calories deficit*

I think I totally can get to 150 grams of protein with a small caloric surplus when I decide to go bulking

+ the food is healthy and inexpensive.

Captura de pantalla 2023-07-29 a la(s) 13.59.02.png

Last edited:

Noyaux

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 15, 2021
Yesterday I got 108 grams of protein *while in a 500 calories deficit*

I think I totally can get to 150 grams of protein with a small caloric surplus when I decide to go bulking

+ the food is healthy and inexpensive.

View attachment 50465
what is this site you use ? Dunno if I have the energy to do that but looks interesting

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
what is this site you use ? Dunno if I have the energy to do that but looks interesting
The app is cronometer.com

Energy to do what ? Eat? lol. You just need a scale and it takes 10 seconds to weight your food.

If it's not that important to you just do it for two or three weeks and then you can just guesstimate how many calories each of your foods have pretty accurately.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Live to 100: A Study of The Blue Zones is a great watch on Netflix as it examines healthy people in their 80s, 90s, and 100s, from areas around the world with high concentrations of centenarians.

Watching had me in awe at some of activities these people were undertaking while being 95 years old, and they all looked 20 years younger.

Here are the commonalities:

Exercise: All the people moved regularly in their life, whether it's walking to church, walking up 4 flights of stairs, outdoor gardening, swimming, etc. In other words, these people don't have gym memberships, they simply are moving a good part of the day in a low impact way. No one was sitting at a desk 10 hours a day.

Diet: All of them eat plant-based, even high carb (but quality carbs with fiber). Meat/dairy, if any, represents less than 5% of their diet. Sorry bros, no mention of KETO/CARNIVORE. Not one person who is still thriving in their 90s+ mentioned meat or dairy, and listening to 28 year olds about the benefits of such a diet is laughable.

Meaning and Purpose: All these old people in varying parts of the planet NEVER LOST their sense of purpose. Each one had a powerful spiritual reason to live, not just limited to religion.

Community: All of the people had strong family and community bonds, a circle of friends that they met with, or played with regularly. Also includes church activities, not religion specific.

Sun: One other factor that wasn't specifically highlighted, but was common, was all the centenarians lived in an area that received a lot of sunshine, nutritionally speaking, this could be related to Vitamin D.

The areas examined at:
Okinawa, Japan
Sardinia, Italy (part of the island)
Nicoya, Costa Rica
Loma Linda, California (7th Day Adventists who are vegetarian + religion)
Ikaria, Greece

I decided not to put this summary out in the main part of the forum (where some might find it interesting) and limited it to this thread because the plant-based fact in this examination will be triggering to most. Alluding that a first-world person should eat plant-based is like trying to convince a communist the benefits of capitalism. I'll pass.

Anyway...

I'll leave you with this...

Everyone here is trying to improve the quality of their life, and much of that life will occur as an older person.

Wealth and freedom means nothing if you can't enjoy it due to disease and debilitation.

In America, most people my age are already on 5 medications and can't walk a flight of stairs.

My goal is to be as active as I am today (53) when I'm 80.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
I also found this a great and interesting watch!

Exercise: All the people moved regularly in their life, whether it's walking to church, walking up 4 flights of stairs, outdoor gardening, swimming, etc. In other words, these people don't have gym memberships, they simply are moving a good part of the day in a low impact way. No one was sitting at a desk 10 hours a day.
I just want to further highlight that they were moving naturally. So many of us pay to not have to do the activities these people were doing most just to maintain a simple way of living - cooking, cleaning, washing dishes & clothes, walking/cycling places, etc. etc. And I've seen this advice given in multiple places, including this forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe, MJ, I've seen you post about paying to go out to eat most nights and automating many other of these simple daily tasks in order to give you more freedom of time. But it seems centenarians are doing these things to (unknowingly) buy more time. Does this change your perception on freedom of time?

As a wage slave trying to exit a 9-to-5, I of course pay to automate many of these simple daily tasks. I'm just curious about the perspectives from further down the path.

Sun and vitamin D are great observations. I think I would expand this to "nature." Sun (as you've mentioned), fresh air, living in the moment, mindfulness and awareness, connectedness, meaning, purpose, peace, etc. - all great things that can come from spending more time in nature.

Another thing I wonder about is sleep. How/when/for how long are these centenarians sleeping?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just want to further highlight that they were moving naturally. So many of us pay to not have to do the activities these people were doing most just to maintain a simple way of living - cooking, cleaning, washing dishes & clothes, walking/cycling places, etc. etc. And I've seen this advice given in multiple places, including this forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe, MJ, I've seen you post about paying to go out to eat most nights and automating many other of these simple daily tasks in order to give you more freedom of time. But it seems centenarians are doing these things to (unknowingly) buy more time. Does this change your perception on freedom of time?

Absolutely, it's clear a life of leisure (Watching TV, video games) does not lead to longevity.

I don't view going out to eat as detrimental as I still eat plant-based, and dinner is only an hour of sitting, at best.

However, sitting at a desk 8 hour a day is problematic. I have a walking treadmill at my desk.

This year, I started doing of housework including lawn maintenance, like pulling weeds and mowing the lawn.

I no longer view these activities as "thankless" and something I need to outsource. I view them as an investment in my health and longevity ... 30 minutes of busywork around the house = 90 minutes of health later. I discovered I enjoy the responsibility as it forces me to be active, regardless on how I feel.

This kind of perspective shift is crucial, because normally I'd find myself saying, "You should pay someone to do this" which if I did, I'd likely be sitting at a desk working, or writing. If I replace these physical activities, they absolutely need to be replaced with something else physical.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Live to 100: A Study of The Blue Zones is a great watch on Netflix as it examines healthy people in their 80s, 90s, and 100s, from areas around the world with high concentrations of centenarians.

Watching had me in awe at some of activities these people were undertaking while being 95 years old, and they all looked 20 years younger.

Diet: All of them eat plant-based, even high carb (but quality carbs with fiber). Meat/dairy, if any, represents less than 5% of their diet. Sorry bros, no mention of KETO/CARNIVORE. Not one person who is still thriving in their 90s+ mentioned meat or dairy, and listening to 28 year olds about the benefits of such a diet is laughable.

Meaning and Purpose: All these old people in varying parts of the planet NEVER LOST their sense of purpose. Each one had a powerful spiritual reason to live, not just limited to religion.

Community: All of the people had strong family and community bonds, a circle of friends that they met with, or played with regularly. Also includes church activities, not religion specific.

Sun: One other factor that wasn't specifically highlighted, but was common, was all the centenarians lived in an area that received a lot of sunshine, nutritionally speaking, this could be related to Vitamin D.

The areas examined at:
Okinawa, Japan
Nicoya, Costa Rica
Ikaria, Greece

I decided not to put this summary out in the main part of the forum (where some might find it interesting) and limited it to this thread because the plant-based fact in this examination will be triggering to most. Alluding that a first-world person should eat plant-based is like trying to convince a communist the benefits of capitalism. I'll pass.

Anyway...

Everyone here is trying to improve the quality of their life, and much of that life will occur as an older person.

Wealth and freedom means nothing if you can't enjoy it due to disease and debilitation.

In America, most people my age are already on 5 medications and can't walk a flight of stairs.

What a coincidence. I'm just back from a drive to the shops and the author was being interviewed on the main national radio here in Ireland. Fascinating stuff, especially how gardening was low impact but involves moving and stretching. I love how their lifestyles mean they don't need the gym.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I have been working out at the gym for my recovery for almost a year now. I had to get strong enough to first sit up, then stand up, and then walk again. Still working on sit to stand without hands. However, I can see value in functional fitness over strength training. I have considered CrossFit but I don't like some of the over the top out of control weight swinging. I have some repairs needed on my shop. I was going to contract it out but I have determined that I will be doing the repairs when the temperatures lower, that is my kind of functional fitness. I don't eat red meat, but I eat plenty of poultry.

Back when I was doing a lot of house rehabs, my dad would come help out occasionally. I did notice he began tripping over extension cords. He was not picking his feet up. I had to tell him he was scaring the heck out of me and I couldn't allow him in the work area any more. He is in his 80's now and losing mass quickly. He still tries to be active but is losing steam. HIs leashed dog tripped him out on the street a couple of years ago and he broke his hip. He fought hard and recovered from that fall, but it did slow him down.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

The areas examined at:
Okinawa, Japan
Nicoya, Costa Rica
Ikaria, Greece

Anyway...

That's amazing stuff.

I was eating lunch with a lady at work yesterday, and she has been eating a plant-based diet since she was 15.

She is 62 years of age and she said everyone she knows her age is on heaps of medications and has some sort of health issue but she doesn't have any of that!

Such a cool bird, she was sharing her lunch and gave me a few recipes as her food looked awesome.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This year, I started doing of housework including lawn maintenance, like pulling weeds and mowing the lawn.

I no longer view these activities as "thankless" and something I need to outsource. I view them as an investment in my health and longevity ... 30 minutes of busywork around the house = 90 minutes of health later. I discovered I enjoy the responsibility as it forces me to be active, regardless on how I feel.
That's interesting. I also get satisfaction out of pulling weeds and mowing the lawn. Sometimes I feel sore the day after.

I replaced the shed roof this summer. It's just a simple felt roof, but I enjoyed doing it. If I calculate my hourly rate and how much time I spent on YouTube researching, going back and forth to the hardware store, and then doing the work, I'd might be tempted to think it was a dumb move. But I got satisfaction out of it, and I got away from the keyword or phone.

I even get satisfaction out of ironing a pile of shirts sometimes. Who'd have thought?

As my military dad once told me, if you're not enjoying it you're not doing it right.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012

The areas examined at:
Okinawa, Japan
Nicoya, Costa Rica
Ikaria, Greece

Anyway...

It was a great watch. While I was aware of the blue zones and the knowledge that can be derived from them I enjoyed actually seeing the places and the people.

What I have gained for myself from the Netflix series is the importance of social cohesion. And I believe it's no coincidence that most Blue Zones are located on islands. This has ensured that most people in your social environment share the same values due to cultural socialization (the same is true for most blue zones sharing the same religious beliefs). This is often not the case today. Even in small families, significant differences in people's values can arise due to factors like social media consumption, etc. This is a challenge. Today, you have to actively seek out people with similar values, whereas in the Blue Zones, living on a small island at a time when there was hardly any media ensured this.

An example of the stark difference in values is Elon Musk and his eldest transgender daughter. She appears to be a communist and despises her father, among other things, because of his wealth. Elon Musk attributes this to her socialization in school (but woke social media may have also contributed to it...).

For me, the lesson here is that nowadays, you have to consciously choose your social environment. It should uplift you. If spending time with your family and old school-friends triggers you, it probably has no health benefits.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

The areas examined at:
Okinawa, Japan
Nicoya, Costa Rica
Ikaria, Greece

Anyway...

I just watched it aswell; some great points and thank you MJ.

I’ll add one thing to the diet: the people ate almost half of what America eats.

I think because their calorie is so relatively low compared to America, they consume less meat because meat has a lot of calories.

They eat all these plant based stuff and then have meat here n there.

Personally, I don’t think I’ll transfer over to plant based diets till im a bit older, or I’ll just begin cutting out meat a little at a time.

But my take to home message is that people in America are probably really obese and can’t walk or move because they pack on so much weight from extra calories.

Learn to eat nutrient dense food, not calorie dense food.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
This is very important, but sometimes we all get caught up in the day to day of life and forget about it.

I have been reconnecting with my Christian faith lately, and it has been very empowering. It also helped me get new insights that I’ve been implementing in business succesfully.

Having solid spiritual roots gives you strength and resilience — not instantly, but certainly over time. I’m beginning to observe that both in my life and in the life of other entrepreneurs.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As expected, eating soy-based Tofu causes men to grow breasts, produce estrogen, and become feminine is false, and only a lie perpetrated by the bro-culture who want to protect their meat while attempting to feminize good health.

I don't eat a lot of tofu (maybe once or twice per week) but I knew long ago that "tofu (soy) creates estrogen" was a myth that only served a defensive narrative.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
As expected, eating soy-based Tofu causes men to grow breasts, produce estrogen, and become feminine is false, and only a lie perpetrated by the bro-culture who want to protect their meat while attempting to feminize good health.

I don't eat a lot of tofu (maybe once or twice per week) but I knew long ago that "tofu (soy) creates estrogen" was a myth that only served a defensive narrative.

Spoken like a true SOYBOY.

I eat soy products a few times a week. Ever since I upped my soy intake, my C cup turned into double D and I find myself strangely attracted to gym bros. They've noticed my engorged nipples and lush, full lips, too.

Of course, I'm just kidding. But I'm pretty sure a lot of paleo bros would take it seriously even though there are thousands of ripped, huge dudes who eat a lot of soy.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016

The irony is that a lot of the people who perpetuate this myth advocate for consuming dairy, which is loaded with estrogen.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
a lot of the people who perpetuate this myth advocate for consuming dairy,

Oh yes, it's incredibly masculine (pounds chest) to suck on another species' mammary glands, as long as you do it indirectly via machine, and you don't have to witness it. The blind duplicity is astounding, but yea, my tofu has shrunk my balls and given me boobs.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Anna13

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jun 1, 2023
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqNZxEMaRrY

This guy is 59 and looks and moves as if he's in his twenties. According to various interviews, he's plant-based and mostly raw.

Could be on steroids, though. Still, he looks extremely young for his age.
Hey, when I watched the video for the first time, I asked myself, if he‘s vegan, because he looks so young. Question answered.

I also saw a movie called Game Changers and it was about vegan athletes. They all looked 20 years younger than they were. Motivating to see that.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
The more I study biophysics, the more I understand some of the nuances around food. Avoiding inflammation is key. When it comes to what you consume, inflammation can be minimized with a number of different dietary choices so long as we minimize ultra-processed foods.

More important than what we eat in the fight against inflammation: plenty of sun exposure, walking frequently, staying grounded, exercise, minimizing stress, preserving an optimal circadian clock and getting quality sleep will get people 90% of the way there. Whether you eat meat or not imo is not as big of a factor in preserving good metabolic health as it appears.

I eat meat, vegetables, fruit, dairy and I minimize grains (because of how they personally affect my bloating/inflammation). I think going full carnivore is silly as you leave a lot of nutrients on the table. I also think going full vegan is silly because again, you leave a lot of nutrient dense foods on the table.

1697374394639.png

You should know better MJ, but the thing you watched on Netflix may not be ground truth (surprise).

I also found this to be ironic: a warning not to get tribal.

This thread is to discuss the lifestyle itself for those interested.

This is NOT a thread to discuss your world-view on meat or veganism.

Followed by:

LOL.
Oh yes, it's incredibly masculine (pounds chest) to suck on another species' mammary glands, as long as you do it indirectly via machine, and you don't have to witness it. The blind duplicity is astounding, but yea, my tofu has shrunk my balls and given me boobs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.