The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unpleasant Truths...

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I know, I was addicted to Call Of Duty for a good year or two of my life. I failed out of college because of my addiction.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Those were cool games. I finished most of them when I was running my computer shop.

Anyway, I agree man. As I grew older I found myself distancing from "purely for entertainment purposes" stuff, unless it's "F*ck you, i'll do whatever the hell I want I'm RELAXING" time. (Similar to MJ's F*ck you money).

Here's something I realized : It's none of my business how other people run their lives. And that I'd love them to observe the same principle when dealing with me. I would love it for everyone to be this way. We're not baby kids anymore. We know what to do. And yet some people... Uh, I won't even go there.

It's none of my business how people spend their time. Wether they play video games or sit in a cubicle for decades.

Video games and TV are there for a purpose. They're for entertainment and relaxation. Typing this doesn't mean that I spend countless hours watching TV or play video games. I don't.

My point is : It's their life. They're totally entitled to it. We are being biased here because it's true that we KNOW BETTER now. (It's sort of a self-reinforcing thing.)

And they don't know any better. There are many ways to help them. But first, we must help ourselves. (We'd love for everyone to do that too right)

Any time of day you can choose to do what you want. Stand up and walk away from your job, play pokemon all day, eat whatever you like and binge on alcohol, gamble, read, lurk on a forum, work out, procrastinate, concentrate, etc. whatever

Just make sure that you'll take responsibility for whatever happens. Not many of us do that. So, it's a global challenge.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
There is no such thing as balance.
There is no such thing as part time.

Try to go on a Fastlane while trying to strike a balance...

It F*cking won't work.
That is why I'm discontinuing my tertiary education which will force my frameworks of execution centering around 'balance'.

'Go for clubs'
'Take time off!'
'Work your way up slowly. Don't rush into stuff.'
'Make everyone in your office happy, They will love you.'

I screwed clubs time for my college to work on my biz although it's mandatory...but it was worth it. I had to do it. Otherwise I wouldn't make it. I wouldn't be able to interact, make connections, learn from mistakes in the real word. But even then it is still not enough.

I actually thought of going for a degree so that I might have more opportunities...but these days I see that even 'opportunity' as peddled by college dogmas might as well be contaminated into a Script.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Statistics show that if you read this, you're most likely never going to be a succesful enterpreneur during your entire life, whether you like it or not, numbers don't lie.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk
Unpleasant truth: unless you have made a statistical study of users of this forum who read the Off Topic section, applying general population statistics to a non-random sample only means you don't understand statistics and should beware from using it to guide your decisions. Numbers do lie if you don't know what they mean.

Unpleasant truth: saying that videogames/movies/tv shows/parties/drugs/anything are 100% a waste of time that can't be vowen in a successful life is simply projection and probably means you are boring and no fun to hang with. All it takes is one example of successful person that engages in those acts (and come on, the world is full), and the idea is disproven by definition. Therefore holding it is illogical and completely rooted in ego.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Lol quit trying to justify why wasting time is acceptable. Video games are a POINTLESS waste of your life. And even worse, they are all designed to get you addicted. I know, I was addicted to Call Of Duty for a good year or two of my life. I failed out of college because of my addiction.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Facepalm - Wikipedia
A facepalm (sometimes also face-palm or face palm) is the physical gesture of placing one's hand across one's face or lowering one's face into one's hand or hands, covering or closing one's eyes. The gesture is often exaggerated by giving the motion more force and making a slapping noise when the hand comes in contact with the face. The gesture is found in many cultures as a display of frustration, disappointment, exasperation, embarrassment, horror,[2] shock, surprise, exhaustion, sarcasm, or incredulous disbelief.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Video games are a POINTLESS waste of your life.

While I "generally" agree with you, it would NOT be classified as an unpleasant truth because it's debatable with some gray areas. Some gamers are very talented in the IT world.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Unpleasant truth: More money means you're more likely to live a happy and healthy life. "Money doesn't buy happiness," is something the poor tell themselves to feel to cope with their scarcity of resources.

Chromozone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Oct 28, 2015
United Kingdom
Your life is a direct consequence of the decisions you've made.

(However, the decisions that you make now don’t need to be influenced by what you’ve done in the past. Every decision going forward is an opportunity to change.)

(Sorry I can't help but be a tad positive! :blush:)

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
It's okay house prices are only 10 times an average household income in Australia not even taking into account those that are single and don't want a family it's even worse...but not to worry guys the government says just go get a second job and invest in an exchange traded fund instead of buying a house and rent until you drop dead and live frugal for a Lifetime Only to still be poor even at the end of your life and live a mediocre depressed existence, also if you don't mind can you please invest more in your superannuation fund kindly for when you retire....you know cause we won't raise the age for you to be able to access that money again we promise! working for the man instead of being the man, F*ck THIS SHIT.

Last edited:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
For those people who feel "cheated" by not getting a high enough raise every year:

"You don't have 20 years of experience. You have 1 year repeated 20 times."

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
For those people who feel "cheated" by not getting a high enough raise every year:

"You don't have 20 years of experience. You have 1 year repeated 20 times."
This is honestly the ultimate burn. It is such a bitter pill to swollow that you have been doing the same thing over and over again and maybe even getting worse.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
This is honestly the ultimate burn. It is such a bitter pill to swollow that you have been doing the same thing over and over again and maybe even getting worse.

Exactly. Without constant, year over year improvement in your skills or network, you’re just falling behind.

People tend to waaaay overestimate their value to society. Which is precisely why we hear cries for $15/hr minimum wage.

These people would rather be handed more money than improve themselves to earn it.

Sadly, many people come to terms with that via a layoff or that first unemployment check from Uncle Sam.

A bitter pill indeed.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
You will NEVER get your time back. Protect it like it is the most valuable thing in the world because it is. Any sign of complaining or negativity is literally a waste of time that won’t help you

Arigilos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 5, 2019
Everyone you have ever known will probably be dead in 100 years.

Captain04

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 21, 2018
India
Unpleasant, but also scary.

The top 20 Americans, that is 0.000006% owns more than the bottom 50%
I am a fan of capitalism but this much concentration of power can never be a good thing.
SRC: Billionaire Bonanza: The Forbes 400 and the Rest of Us - Institute for Policy Studies

The US has close to around 800 bases in around 80 countries, spending 600 Billion per year on "defence" (while being on offence since the WW2).
SRC: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1627791698/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Also, I wonder how much money goes towards the R&D section of the military. Here's a quote by Einstein, "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Unpleasant truths:

The market doesn’t pay for activity.

The market doesn’t pay for the hours you put in.

The market doesn’t pay for your clever planning.

The market doesn’t pay for the books you read or courses you took.

The market doesn’t pay for the degree you got or your education.

The market doesn’t pay for input.

The market only pays for output, and even then it’s not just any old output. It has to be output the market wants and is willing to pay for.

“You can’t invoice for input.” (Blaise Brosnan)

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
It looks that many people in this thread have a big misconception between 'unpleasant truths' and 'unquestioned beliefs' coming from a limited mindset.

There were more of the second type. I regret having read this.

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
Not one single person in this world will ever love you as much as you think you deserve,
Not one single person will ever give a shit about you as much as you think you deserve,
Not one single person will someday just appear and give you everything you have been wishing for!

EXCEPT YOU!

So wake the F*ck up to reality and take the necessary action for that person who loves you the most, who gives a shit about the most, and most importantly be good to the only person who can really try his/her best to give you everything you ever wished for.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Latest health discoverys are kept away from doctors university training. And the knowledge it's all just a few clicks away in pubmed.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Willpower as a concept means nothing objectively , almost all the psychology experiments related to this failed when attempts were made at reproduction (meaning , once the actual scientific method was applied they failed replication)

The difference between some mook and someone with a better body or dating life or a better job or whatever lies in the habits. Full stop.

Even if they arent doing it consciously (which isn't nee , ben franklin had a solid morning ritual) , higher functioning people simply have better habits. Thats the key your missing , forget training your willpower and marshmallow experiments and all that bs. Make your bed every morning and stuff like that , the small habits will snowball productivity and make you a higher functioning adult.

You cant blame your parents or the cigarettes or the smartphone , barring a philosophical debate on freewill itself you are a failure because you habituated yourself to fail. You make less than a doctor because you didnt put in doctor hours , you didnt go pro because the pros spent 6 hours a day training and slept in thr uniform to not break mindset , your socially akward around women because you whack off too much and your fat because you keep willfully buying and eating candy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.