The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Unpleasant Truths...

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

HayesTech

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Sep 5, 2016
Here is my idea..

Post an unpleasant truth, and just maybe it will inspire a FTE (f*ck this event) for a fellow forum member. The only rule is that the information posted is factual and unpleasant.

I'll start it off...

The U.S military lost $6.5 trillion dollars due to "accounting mistakes" in 2016.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
The State of Illinois has over $200B in unfunded pension liabilities and hasn't had a budget it nearly 3 years. It is already one of the most highest taxed states in the union and suffers a mass exodus of residents.

But don't worry, I'm sure this mess will fix itself by doubling-down on the same policies that got them there.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
From our own media section via @jasoncuellar123 ...

And they even have the GALL to TAX the FEE itself...

Fee: $121
Another Fee on the Fee (Tax): $2.84.

Why not Tax, the Tax on the Fee and go 3 levels deep?

socaldude

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Same here in California, I just got my registration renewal and my car is 13 years old. I pay $109.

Registration fee:$80
License fee: $22
County/District Fees: $7
:happy:

And they still want to tax more. It's a never ending talk about more taxes.

Can you imagine how much commercial vehicles pay? I heard the average is around $900. :jawdrop:

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
Asking yourself is there a way out of the f*ckery????????

When you go to work and there is nothing healthy to eat

Going to work and there is a shit ton of traffic, leaving work and being in the same amount of heavy traffic

Having to pay for water...

Red light camera flashing you and you contest it and they still say you have to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
The State of Illinois has over $200B in unfunded pension liabilities and hasn't had a budget it nearly 3 years. It is already one of the most highest taxed states in the union and suffers a mass exodus of residents.

But don't worry, I'm sure this mess will fix itself by doubling-down on the same policies that got them there.
One of the golden nuggets of TFM and Unscripted is the basic concept of Events vs Process (good strategic mental focus with repeated habits) Seems like this is the root cause so many issues that individuals, families, companies and governments violate. When accountability doesn't come until later, short term decisions/events are made at the cost of long term results.

"Illinois got to this financially treacherous place by ignoring the long-term consequences of short-term decision-making," said Laurence Msall, the president of Civic Federation, a budget watchdog organization "Rather than dealing with the problem, Illinois continued to reward the state's powerful unions with more generous benefits." "The massive pension liability results from a chronic tendency to defer difficult decisions," said Ted Hampton, who as a senior credit officer at Moody's will help decide whether to downgrade Illinois into junk."

I see this as a great opportunity for entrepreneurs and small business. As large corporate companies become greedy knowing the cost of everything but the value of nothing and "race to the bottom" with cost cutting and demanding more for less, an unmet need of quality services and products becomes Blue Waters for those willing to listen to and meet the customers needs. You can't compete on price with the corporate world but you can compete on design.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I have read multiple sources that show cancer is mostly diet/ lifestyle related and only about 5% due to genetics. Curious on where you got your info from? That's why diet/ lifestyle is so important to me because breast cancer runs in my family.

Shortypants

Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2017
NL
Statistics show that if you read this, you're most likely never going to be a succesful enterpreneur during your entire life, whether you like it or not, numbers don't lie.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

Shortypants

Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2017
NL
I have read multiple sources that show cancer is mostly diet/ lifestyle related and only about 5% due to genetics. Curious on where you got your info from? That's why diet/ lifestyle is so important to me because breast cancer runs in my family.
That's like saying death is 5% genetics and 95% diet/lifestyle. It just doesn't work, too many variables. That being said, a healthy diet won't hurt, and I have massive respect for people who can follow a healthy diet for more than a week.

HayesTech

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Sep 5, 2016
Statistics show that if you read this, you're most likely never going to be a succesful enterpreneur during your entire life, whether you like it or not, numbers don't lie.

???

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Unpleasant truth :

Until you just go and do what you have to do, it doesn't seem much fun to go and do it. Heck, it even feels painful to even think about it, so you distract yourself. And you know that time is ticking. Precious time is ticking.

Pleasant truth :

If you just went ahead and did it, you soon realize that it feels SO DAMN GOOD to have been really productive. And you know that you're gonna be unstoppable if you just keep doing it.

Unpleasant truth :

You have to undergo the same process every single time.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland

Statistically speaking, there's a 99.9% chance that you don't have a clue what you just wrote.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
From our own media section via @jasoncuellar123 ...

And they even have the GALL to TAX the FEE itself...

Fee: $121
Another Fee on the Fee (Tax): $2.84.

Why not Tax, the Tax on the Fee and go 3 levels deep?
TAXCEPTION :eek:

Thanks MJ, I'm really having a big epiphany here in regards to taxes. I've been learning a lot since I don't own a home, and I'm starting to see the burden it can be.

Edit:
It's a fee within a fee!

Last edited:

workinprogress

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015

workinprogress

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015
"Congress submits bill making it illegal to hold cash, Bitcoin, or other assets outside of a bank without informing them in writing"
wow. Just googled it and found this was real. THIS MAKES ME SO ANGRY. Of course it's all about "terrorism financing"

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Hi Fox, After reading your threat and watching some of your youtube I have several query ? 1...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom