The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

trading fast or slow?? need help!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
so this is my ideal plan. i am trying to figure out if its doable in the time frame im thinking. I have been studying alot and belive i can do this. I may have to readjust some things depending on how fast I can actually get in profit...(is readjusting goals still fast lane?)

I am going to be taking a $250 trading account and building it first to $2500 then to $25000 in about 6 months time...after this i get stuck...

I am having a hard time figuring out what monitary goals to shoot for here with this.

after hitting 25k mark(hubby quits we live off 4k a month)and I build it to 100k.

in about 1-2 yrs time i want to be able to produce 25k a month in income at minimum from trading with that size account. Hopefully more. then we either leave it in the trading account to produce higher returns(me still activly trading) and use the excess to invest into income producing rei, id also love to start trading stocks. (when i grow up i want a fun portfolio like kimber!)

the first goal in passive income is 5k a month. then 10k then 25k ect to infinity...

My husband says after we are able for him to stop working he wants me to teach him how to forex trade... Im thinking thats not the best idea. wouldnt it be better for him to learn how to do something different to make money? to have multiple streams going?

is active trading(and i mean being a kick a$$ trader) a fast lane idea or slow lane???

to me its fast lane, well at least what i expect to gain from it is(too much money to know what to do with!) just wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on this...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
I am going to be taking a $250 trading account and building it first to $2500 then to $25000 in about 6 months time.

Then you woke up and realised that you had wet your bed. :smxB:

You will have a much easier time trying to pick the winning lottery numbers.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
UM no.

I didnt realize that the lottery was a skill involved past time. ive actually been studying the skills i need to do that.

so instead of trying to become a sucessful forex trader youd rather me go and spend my 250 bucks on the lottery???

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
If you can multipy your money at the speed you suggest, you would be richer than Bill Gates in just a little over 2 years.

You have to set realistic goals.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
then help me set some. that was part of the purpose for this thread...

i honestly dont know if i can acheive what i set forth in my first post in the time frame i alloted. it seems with 200:1 or 400:1 leverage its totally possible.(if you know what your doing) not that i will be trading at that...

all i know is im gonna try like hell!

NerdSmasher

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 31, 2007
Well... it's always good to learn, and do such things like that, but as you said, that is your IDEAL plan. But, goals like that are much harder to achieve than the books and gurus may lead you to believe.

Starting with $250 really... just probably won't cut it. I started, originally, with $500, and could've done quite well if I was an experienced trader, with the returns I got, but since I wasn't, I lost over $2,000 that I made with that $500, and now that account is worth less than $5 lol.

Now, it is a good idea to start with a small amount, and learn the game, because it is never what you think it will be. You may see the most perfect chart pattern, and buy in at what you think is the bottom, only to see the perfect pattern fail, at which point you have to decide to get out, or stay in and hope it goes your way.

Realistically, especially in Forex (which, I do believe is the slowest changing, and thusly has the lowest returns, unless highly leveraged. But I could be wrong.) returns of 100%+ just don't seem likely, unless you're very highly leveraged. And even then, there would be so much risk, it just doesn't seem worth it. But, that's my opinion, yours may be different.

The returns you're speaking of sound more like great options picks, or penny stocks. And they are achievable! It's just difficult, especially if you haven't ever traded before. And, quite frankly, $25,000 a month is probably a bit far out there. It's possible, but starting with $250, you would have to make a LOT of perfect plays, and that's just unlikely... possible, but unlikely.

To be perfectly honest, if you think it's a good idea, and achievable, then you shouldn't need to ask the board what they think. Realistically, Bill Gates shouldn't have had the success he had, I imagine many people told him it's not going to work, you can't do that, etc. etc. But look at him. It doesn't matter what others think is possible and what isn't, it matters what you think is. And, that you actually DO it.

You may fail, and you may not reach your original goals, but as long as you continue to learn and refine what you do, you will get there eventually, and that's everyone's true goal. No one can say what a truly realistic number is, because it's different for everyone, and some of it can depend on luck.

Just do what you believe is right, and be sure that you can live with your decisions, whichever way the outcome goes. Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up for eventual failure.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
ive been studying and researching for this for about 18 months or so... im not setting my goals on what some intro to forex guru is saying. ive done my homework.

what i could really use is the formula to figure out what i can expect for the roi i am expecting to gain. then and only then can i come up with a realistic goal...

this is the ideal. once i plug the numbers i will know better the time frame in which i can acheive it.

the 25k a month is only after i become very seasoned and have a large enough trading account like 100k size or larger.

the reason i have decided on forex is the ability to make money with a little. i can not work to gain money to invest and this is really the best way ive found to try to accomplish what i want to do.

some of the rules i have in place is to only work in my demo account with the money i have to spend in real life. sure i could probably do really well with a 100k trading demo account but without having that to really trade with its not going to do me any good. i need to learn how to manage and trade exactly how i will be when im trading live. then i have to be in profit and building my account size for 2 months before i switch to real cash.

as i said i have done alot of homework and research on stratigies and money managment. and before i start to trade I will have a business plan for trading. and clear goals and time frames.

i just wanted to know if it was considered fast track or not. 90% of people who try to trade forex fail. most people who havent tried it dont understand it. and most people who have tried and failed wont have a great opinion about it.

im not going to give up on this. even if some feel id be better off buying lottery tickets...

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
i can not work to gain money to invest and this is really the best way ive found to try to accomplish what i want to do.

I find this hard to believe, given that you have internet access. You can definitely do some capital raising for free via the internet.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
i could make some money off the internet if i tried eventually. ive researched into that also. maybe one day i will.

forex is what my passion is for. i didnt jump into it and blow money i took my time and did the research and i really believe i have a shot at it. there is no reason i cant do it.

i have bad credit. i cant work. so i only have income from social security. i need cash to invest with and my dreams are big...

i have nothing but time on my hands to do this. it only requires a tiny bit of money and i can gain enourmous amounts with the leverage thats available to me. with good money managment there is no reason for me to fail.

i honestly expected way more from this board then the reactions i get from my mother... i have to say i am very dissappointed...

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
i honestly expected way more from this board then the reactions i get from my mother... i have to say i am very dissappointed...

Sorry if we disappointed. No one is saying it can't be done, just trying to put things in perspective.

I think you can do extremely well with your plan, it's just that if you were going off of your plan:

Month One- $250
Month Six- $25000
Month Twelve- $2500000

By all means, shoot for the stars. I wish for nothing more than for you to come in here Nov 18, 2008 with a bank statement that says, "F*ck you doubters!"

If you have 18 months of forex knowledge under your belt, I would say start a blog/website built around that knowledge. Once you have some readership move on to push some affiliate marketing offers for forex. I've found plenty that pay out in the range of $20-$3X per sale that you get. That would build your capital nicely.

Even if you just space it out a two or 3 year time frame your plan would still be Fastlane in my mind. Hell, $250 to $2.5 mil in 3 years- I'd buy your book.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Sorry if we disappointed. No one is saying it can't be done, just trying to put things in perspective.

I think you can do extremely well with your plan, it's just that if you were going off of your plan:

Month One- $250
Month Six- $25000
Month Twelve- $2500000

By all means, shoot for the stars. I wish for nothing more than for you to come in here Nov 18, 2008 with a bank statement that says, "F*ck you doubters!"

If you have 18 months of forex knowledge under your belt, I would say start a blog/website built around that knowledge. Once you have some readership move on to push some affiliate marketing offers for forex. I've found plenty that pay out in the range of $20-$3X per sale that you get. That would build your capital nicely.

Even if you just space it out a two or 3 year time frame your plan would still be Fastlane in my mind. Hell, $250 to $2.5 mil in 3 years- I'd buy your book.

first i never said id have that much money in 1 year. i think you need to reread my post. it may take me several months of demo trading to get into a comfortable place and consistantly making money before I can trade with real money...

second i have 18 months of research not trading, i have nothing to prove i know what i think i know yet... it was suggested to me that i pimp my information while back. i dont feel comfortable doing that. most people who trade forex fail. most people dont have 18+ months of time to think about, research, and read about it to learn what to do before they start.

most of those things that affilate programs offer are a bunch of crap...

third
whats wrong with me wanting to build my capital, knowledge and experience at the same time???

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
first i never said id have that much money in 1 year. i think you need to reread my post. it may take me several months of demo trading to get into a comfortable place and consistantly making money before I can trade with real money...

second i have 18 months of research not trading, i have nothing to prove i know what i think i know yet... it was suggested to me that i pimp my information while back. i dont feel comfortable doing that. most people who trade forex fail. most people dont have 18+ months of time to think about, research, and read about it to learn what to do before they start.

most of those things that affilate programs offer are a bunch of crap...

third
whats wrong with me wanting to build my capital, knowledge and experience at the same time???

RE to first: " I am going to be taking a $250 trading account and building it first to $2500 then to $25000 in about 6 months time."

If you could do this in 6 months, why wouldn't you just scale and replicate? That's what I based my figure off.

RE to second: "ive been studying and researching for this for about 18 months or so... im not setting my goals on what some intro to forex guru is saying. ive done my homework."

I didn't say trading when I spoke of this, I said knowledge. Whether it's first or second hand. It's knowledge non the less. You don't have to pimp your knowledge. You can just document your experiences, lessons learned, wins, losses, whatever... Get good content and you will get readers. Consistent readers will drive traffic, traffic gives you options to monetize. Some of the contextual ads relating to stocks/forex on my blog give me $1-$2 per click. Just think in terms of scaling up and exponential growth.

As far as the whole affiliate thing goes. Maybe you're thinking of MLM instead of affiliate marketing. While the informational products in the affiliate marketing world aren't always the greatest, that's not your issue. People need to be responsible for their own finances and purchases, if you could make $20 a pop without endorsing, just advertising- why not.

If you're talking about affiliate marketing not being a viable source of income, well that's a whole different threat entirely.

RE to third: " whats wrong with me wanting to build my capital, knowledge and experience at the same time???"

Nothing, that's what I'm encouraging and giving you suggestions and options for.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
i just wanted to know if it was considered fast track or not. ...

Does it matter? If you have studied this for 18+ months you clearly have a focus on it and you have decided to do it. Who cares if it is or not? It is a step in the direction you have set out for yourself.

You have made a plan to improve your financial life by trading Forex. Don't get bogged down by whether or not it is fast lane. For that matter - don't get bogged down with the distant future. Take your $250 and do it. Maybe you will make some money. Maybe you will lose all your money - but atleast you made a plan and took action on it.

BTW - give the forum a chance. Read, read, read. We are all changing and learning and growing and sometimes it comes in the form of tough love.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
so this is my ideal plan. i am trying to figure out if its doable in the time frame im thinking. I have been studying alot and belive i can do this. I may have to readjust some things depending on how fast I can actually get in profit...(is readjusting goals still fast lane?)

Have you traded before?

I am going to be taking a $250 trading account and building it first to $2500 then to $25000 in about 6 months time...after this i get stuck...

Once again, have you actually traded before? It is very easy to record say 10% in April and say - "hey, I am going to quit my job and just make 10% every month for the rest of the year.. it's going to be easy!" Well if it was, everyone would be making predictions like you here and rolling in Bugattis.

The only problem is - the market goes up and it goes down. A lot. Your profits can and will be eaten and may be erased depending on how big of a mistake you make and how greedy you are - and it seems you are very very greedy. (this is not an insult so do not take it as one)

I am having a hard time figuring out what monitary goals to shoot for here with this.

after hitting 25k mark(hubby quits we live off 4k a month)and I build it to 100k.

in about 1-2 yrs time i want to be able to produce 25k a month in income at minimum from trading with that size account. Hopefully more. then we either leave it in the trading account to produce higher returns(me still activly trading) and use the excess to invest into income producing rei, id also love to start trading stocks. (when i grow up i want a fun portfolio like kimber!)

And I want my stock - that just dropped 30% in a week to shoot up 1500% so I can buy myself a mansion and sip fruity drinks. Wanting and being level headed are two different things.

One thing is for sure - you will not take any money out of your account. I mean why would you - if you can continuously record profits, why not put all your money in the market and make more money? That's what any reasonable person would do. (and that's how you can lose your a$$ too if you are wrong)

the first goal in passive income is 5k a month. then 10k then 25k ect to infinity...

Let us know when you get to infinity dollars. I want to see what that looks like on a bank statement.

My husband says after we are able for him to stop working he wants me to teach him how to forex trade... Im thinking thats not the best idea. wouldnt it be better for him to learn how to do something different to make money? to have multiple streams going?

I also think this is not a good idea until one of you actually knows how to trade and has vast experience to teach the other. Do not quit your jobs.

is active trading(and i mean being a kick a$$ trader) a fast lane idea or slow lane???

??? what is the point? If we tell you it is slow will you not do it? Who cares what is slow and what is fast if you are making INFINITY dollars within few years?

to me its fast lane, well at least what i expect to gain from it is(too much money to know what to do with!) just wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on this...

I wish you good luck. Forex to me is even trickier than Stocks, if you are the next Soros, please remember us :)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
the 250 to 25000 is a different trading style and riskier because i will be in my growth stage. its incremental and with every step up the rules change... its like compound intrest on overdrive....

once i get to 25k my equity managment will change. as will the kinds of trades im making. also untill i get to the 25k level i wont be withdrawing anything from my account. after that i will be this will affect the rate at which i can increase my account size... therefore making the second half of the plan take longer then the first...

i certianly hope to be able to make 250 million trading forex one day... i have to see what happens. I dont want to be trading all day everyday. there is more to life then being tied to a computer screen all day. the money is going to be invested in other things as well as making my familys life better. what good is being able to make 25k a month and not touch it for anything???

for the record I know the difference between mlm and affilate marketing. ive done alot of research into many different things.

its providing the content. I dont feel like doing that at this time... its as simple as that.

ive researched high and low on forex trading information and ive only found one thing worth while thats availble for me to endorce. if i had the time or the energy to do it i would but right now im concentrating on this.

maybe after im successful at it ill feel more comfortable doing it for the public to see but for now im doing this for me.

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
the 250 to 25000 is a different trading style and riskier because i will be in my growth stage. its incremental and with every step up the rules change... its like compound intrest on overdrive....

once i get to 25k my equity managment will change. as will the kinds of trades im making. also untill i get to the 25k level i wont be withdrawing anything from my account. after that i will be this will affect the rate at which i can increase my account size... therefore making the second half of the plan take longer then the first...

i certianly hope to be able to make 250 million trading forex one day... i have to see what happens. I dont want to be trading all day everyday. there is more to life then being tied to a computer screen all day. the money is going to be invested in other things as well as making my familys life better. what good is being able to make 25k a month and not touch it for anything???

for the record I know the difference between mlm and affilate marketing. ive done alot of research into many different things.

its providing the content. I dont feel like doing that at this time... its as simple as that.

ive researched high and low on forex trading information and ive only found one thing worth while thats availble for me to endorce. if i had the time or the energy to do it i would but right now im concentrating on this.

maybe after im successful at it ill feel more comfortable doing it for the public to see but for now im doing this for me.

Good responses, that's what it's about. Learn, plan, execute, analyze, new plan, execute again. You might have been disappointed in the forum for your entrance, but I think you'll learn to tolerate us:)

Rep + for being so motivated. Don't loose that. Like I said, I wish nothing more than for you to make a new thread in a year about how to invest something with 5 or 6 zeros.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I salute you for having a big dream, but starting with a 250 account is going to put the probability of success very low.

Consider just the transaction costs. It costs me 10 a trade, which means you're going to have a guaranteed penalty of 8% just to execute a buy and sell!

Then consider that you won't be buying full lots (if you trade stocks, not sure what it's like in forex, but I'm sure there a minimum contract sizes) which also costs a premium.

Some of the best trading systems ever developed, can encounter 10 or more losses in a row before hitting a winner, if you are under capitalized and cannot ride out a losing streak, then you would likely go broke before even getting a chance to uncover that home run which could take you from 250 to 2500 or more.

If you pull it off, you'll likely be richer than Bill Gates just on the book sales ;)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
its non commission trading no transaction costs like in stocks. the only way the brokers make money is thru the spread. which if you dont think your going to beat the spread and then some you dont trade...

mini forex accounts trade in 10k lot sizes where in a real account its 100k lot sizes. you can trade any size lot you like even partial lots. you can trade any amount of money you chose at any one trade...there is no penalty to trade mini or partial lots. you get whatever % you should get in porportion to the trade size.

in the first growth phase of my plan i will be risking up to 5% of my capital per trade. after the growth phase is complete i will only be risking 2% per trade at most. it would take ALOT of losing trades at 2% equity to wipe me out...

if you have good equity managment skills you can ride out quite a few bad trades before it seriously affects your trading account.

if your using a system where you fail 10 times in a row you should reevaulate your system or stop trading... part of the process is getting into profit. once i know what im doing i seriously doubt ill have 10 losing trades in a row. maybe 2 or 3. but 10? i would need to go over the stratgey to find out where im going wrong and go back to demo trading till i figured out and corrected my mistakes...

the whole point is to win more then you lose.(hopefully way more!) with proper money managment and following the rules theres no reason i cant be sucessful.

i really am liking this idea of being richer then bill gates!

eta: micro mini lots are about 1k lot sizes depending on the currency.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I know starting out with 250bucks is quite low. i dont have the available cash to fund a real account of say 25k or mroe to play in. the only way i can do this is to build what i have up to a decent enough level that im makeing halfway decent money per trade.

if i cant build up 250 to 2500 and 25000 then i wouldnt do any better with more money... its all about learning the game and trying to make a sucess out of it with a little to start with... the knowledge alone i will learn even if i lost every dime to me will be well worth it!

im not planning on losing the money. as i said before with proper money managment and diciplined trading i shouldnt have to...

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Why would $250 be better spent on books? Clearly she has already researched this. Maybe her goals are a little lofty, but that is not unusual for a beginner. If the trading platform will allow her to start with $250, then I say go for it. Why not risk it? It is only $250. Most of us waste more than that a month.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
thanks kurt!

yes ive already spent 250 or more on books and stratigies. I am at the point now of just reading a few things for perspective and not to learn anymore... the next phase in my learning is to start trading and putting into practice all ive absorbed up till now.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I have always said that true learning starts once you get some skin in the game. Too many people just sit back and read books for ever and NEVER TAKE ACTION! Just like poker, you can read all the books you want, but until you get into a real money game, you do not know anything. Throw the $250 out there, it will be the best and cheapest FOREX MBA that you can get.

DustinS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Aug 11, 2007
Do you actually trade? I've read quite a few books on options and stocks and it has helped me tremendously in the market (up 35% at this moment). Jumping in and waisting your capital which I'm assuming you don't have much to start with if you can only manage 250$ is going to get you no where.

There is a difference between being supportive and being at least semi realistic. I'd love for this lady get a 10000% return, but the odds of that happening are as Peter stated as good as winning the lottery.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
theres a big difference between being semi realistic and rude...(not saying you were)

If I was about to waste my capital i would have opened an account 18months ago and blew it. I wouldnt be in the final stages of months and months of research and planning before I start.

as i stated in a pp the part of the plan to go from a small amount to a decent sized account is different then how i will be trading normally. Its a risky agressive part of the plan. (also the decent real brokers are only available to you when you have 7-25 thousand bucks)

If i can sucessfully do that Imagine what i will be able to accomplish! I havent even ventured to guess what my ultimate return will end up being. I dont want to limit myself!

God willing I am very good at it and manage to get decent returns on a regular basis...filter it out of forex and into building some businesses and other passive investments while I continue to trade and create more money!

Honestly I expected so much more support here.

1320Trader

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 14, 2007
Maryland
If it were me I would focus on capital preservation for the first 6-12 months. First you have to learn how to not lose money....then profit and scale up as your win% and confidence increase. To me trading isn't about knowing what stock/currency/etc. is gonna go up or down. The game is about discipline, control, money and trade management. So I think you should focus on yourself as a trader and not the money you make.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I have read nothing on stocks, about 2 chapters on options and I am up over 300% for the year. Where did I learn. I started trading. Now I did start with $500 and then when Ameritrade starting dinging me for maintenance fees I put in another $1800, but that is it. I traded and I learned. 6 or 7 year later, $53,000, never putting another dime of my money in. Is $250 a little light. Yes, but she will still learn with it. Even if she only does one trade and learns it all, she will learn. That is the beauty of it.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
If it were me I would focus on capital preservation for the first 6-12 months. First you have to learn how to not lose money....then profit and scale up as your win% and confidence increase. To me trading isn't about knowing what stock/currency/etc. is gonna go up or down. The game is about discipline, control, money and trade management. So I think you should focus on yourself as a trader and not the money you make.

Thank you for the suggestions! I appreciate any words of wisdom anyone can share.

I have thought about many points you raised in your post and Im trying to plan according to simiular beliefs.

As I said earlier I am focusing on capital managment and not losing money by making a plan. I am not in it to gamble or win big I want to learn and earn!

I am going to be demo trading for as long as it takes to not lose my capital and get into profit for 2 straight months. im having my demo account set to $250.

I agree 100% about disclipline, control, money& trade managment. thats where my business plan and rules come in.

Right now I am reading about how to focus myself for a long term trading career while I put my business outline together.

the thing about focusing on capital preservation(which im doing by my money managment rules according to what phase of my plan Im in) I am only starting with 250dollars I need to be a bit risky in order to make money. but thats also why im not starting to trade with real money untill I can prove to myself Im ready!

Im starting my account at 250 in the hopes that i can build or rebuild with it. I am prepared to put more money into it if need be maybe as much as 1000 at 250 incraments. I am trying to not have to do that, I think the experience of doing it like this is well worth the effort!

DustinS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Aug 11, 2007
I have read nothing on stocks, about 2 chapters on options and I am up over 300% for the year. Where did I learn. I started trading. Now I did start with $500 and then when Ameritrade starting dinging me for maintenance fees I put in another $1800, but that is it. I traded and I learned. 6 or 7 year later, $53,000, never putting another dime of my money in. Is $250 a little light. Yes, but she will still learn with it. Even if she only does one trade and learns it all, she will learn. That is the beauty of it.

I shouldve mentioned I've only been trading for a few months. Capital preservation as a previous poster mentioned should be priority number 1 when learning and although you have done well you had the benefit of starting at a brand new bull market. The nasdaq has doubled since you started. Besides ignoring all of that information you are still up about 2200% in 7 years and you haven't mentioned one thing about dear Carrie here setting up some realistic goals as she thinks shes going to get a 10000% return in 6 months in this bear market.

EDIT
Besides there are plenty of free Forex and stock simulators where you don't have to risk the last 250$ you can spare to practice with.

Last edited:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I never said i expect to get a 10000X return. isnt it more like a 100% return? and its actually i belive less because as i build more money in the account the amount of money per trade goes up. also if you trade intraday you can gain intrest!

I asked before in this thread, does anyone know where to find a calculator for that stuff? or even the formula for me to do it by hand?

and in forex trading if you know what your doing you make money in any market. you can go long or short. you just have to know what way you think its going. if its always going down then hey that much easier!

Money is always fluctuating. it doesnt matter if its going up or down, as long as you can predict which way its going you can make money.

someone said earlier in this thread that its the slowest changing or somethng to that effect. I dont know what you consider fast. the forex market moves 3trillion dollars a day 24 hrs a day 5 days a week. the prices change over a hundred times a minute. if you know what your doing and how to read the charts you make money on alot of the movements.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.