The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tired of this f*cking life

Felixm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 1, 2020
Hello, my name is Felix, from Kenya. maybe i should give a little intro about myself.
I was a C student in high school, i joined college for a period of 3 years, college life wasn't smooth though i managed it through and currently awaiting graduation. In order to put a roof over my head i collected some cash from friends started up a retail hardware. I have been operating it for a period of one year , the business has minimum profits due to competition hence i am only able to meet my daily needs like food and rent( house rent and business rent) My friend did recommend me the millionaire fastlane by MJ DeMarco. After going through it, i realised i wasn't offering any value from it and that there was no possibility of ever acquiring financial freedom by age 30. I really have nothing to show up for that period of operation. No savings nothing.
Recently my mom began emphasizing that i needed to go and get a degree so that i can get an employment and get employed just like my brothers. As for me i don't feel that is the right path. I know i am entitled to a better life more than just working my a$$ off for a f*cking paycheck, i tried scouting on the implementable ideas and everytime i come up with one i hit a rock bottom. For most of them require a vast amount of capital. Based on the CENTS principle, i really don't know where to start. I am really tired of showing up every morning just to work enough to pay my bills.
the current business i have has violated all the CENTs commandments, where do i really start.
Any help, will be kindly appreciated.
I am ready to do anything whatsoever to turn away from the grip of poverty and to live the unscripted life

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Welcome to the forum.

Learn a skill that pays 6 figures, that can be done remotely via the internet/computer and get certified in that. Then save 50% of your income and use that money to start a proper business.

Skills that pay 6 figures and only need 1-6 months of studying to get certification; cyber security, cloud architecture (azure / amazon aws), AI programming. If you do your research you will be able to find other ones.

There's the path... whether you choose to go down it is up to you.

Felixm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 1, 2020
Welcome to the forum.

Learn a skill that pays 6 figures, that can be done remotely via the internet/computer and get certified in that. Then save 50% of your income and use that money to start a proper business.

Skills that pay 6 figures and only need 1-6 months of studying to get certification; cyber security, cloud architecture (azure / amazon aws), AI programming. If you do your research you will be able to find other ones.

There's the path... whether you choose to go down it is up to you.
Thanks @100k , i am going to get specialized in cyber security. I will let you know of my progress thanks

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello, my name is Felix, from Kenya. maybe i should give a little intro about myself.
I was a C student in high school, i joined college for a period of 3 years, college life wasn't smooth though i managed it through and currently awaiting graduation. In order to put a roof over my head i collected some cash from friends started up a retail hardware. I have been operating it for a period of one year , the business has minimum profits due to competition hence i am only able to meet my daily needs like food and rent( house rent and business rent) My friend did recommend me the millionaire fastlane by MJ DeMarco. After going through it, i realised i wasn't offering any value from it and that there was no possibility of ever acquiring financial freedom by age 30. I really have nothing to show up for that period of operation. No savings nothing.
Recently my mom began emphasizing that i needed to go and get a degree so that i can get an employment and get employed just like my brothers. As for me i don't feel that is the right path. I know i am entitled to a better life more than just working my a$$ off for a f*cking paycheck, i tried scouting on the implementable ideas and everytime i come up with one i hit a rock bottom. For most of them require a vast amount of capital. Based on the CENTS principle, i really don't know where to start. I am really tired of showing up every morning just to work enough to pay my bills.
the current business i have has violated all the CENTs commandments, where do i really start.
I am ready to do anything whatsoever to turn away from the grip of poverty and to live the unscripted life
Welcome.

Check out MJ's thread here:

If you were my nephew I'd recommend you pick up a skill that allows you to help many businesses, from home, with just a computer and an internet connection. Check out what's popular on Upwork and Fiverr.

I’d also tell you to be careful of words and phrases you use. Don’t be “tired” of “this f*cking life”. Be grateful for what you have and the opportunity to better yourself. Things can always be waaay worse.

Also, I’d recommend removing the “entitled” word from your vocabulary. The market pays what we deserve. Sure, some are dealt a crapper hand than others, but if you’re in good health, have a roof over your head, and no-one is shooting at you, then you’re in a great place. Bonus if you’ve an internet connection and can read and write.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Thanks @100k , i am going to get specialized in cyber security. I will let you know of my progress thanks

Good luck.

Go to Linkedin, create a professional looking profile - fill out all the info, add a professional image.

Then find someone that is already where you want to be, reach out to them, ask them if they could help you get to where they are. Ask them what certification you should take... and take their advice, follow their advice and then report back to them. Do that and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to guide you.

1 year from now you can easily be making 6 figures.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
One way is to work for a small business and learn the rope. Get the bills paid and it is like a free business education.

This is also what the unscripted “domain knowledge” is about.

Developing countries actually have massive opportunities. I read in the news that there is a lot of Chinese investment, Chinese business and government sponsored projects in Kenya. Probably that is an area to look into. Massive changes bring massive opportunities.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
What certificate do you intend to take? I'm turning away Sys-Admins with +3 years experience and CISSP right now so i'm wondering what certification is going to bank 6 figures in one year...

My advice would be careful with this route. There are many ways to make 6 figures in a year, but i'm gonna be surprised if security is one.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Good luck.

Go to Linkedin, create a professional looking profile - fill out all the info, add a professional image.

Then find someone that is already where you want to be, reach out to them, ask them if they could help you get to where they are. Ask them what certification you should take... and take their advice, follow their advice and then report back to them. Do that and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to guide you.

1 year from now you can easily be making 6 figures.
100k's advice is good.

You seem to be at 'rock bottom' right now.

When I'm at rock bottom and all my efforts are futile, I usually go back into scripted mode and get a job, for the following reasons:
Having a job stops me from banging my head against the wall (ruminating is not good)
2. Having a job opens opportunity i.e. I get to see there is a world much bigger than me and this is likely where you'll find new ideas and people that can help you
3. Having a job brings money to the bank which you can reserve for your entrepreneurial ideas

Personally, I think you should go to college. Why? Because you use a lot of buzzwords like "f*cking paycheck* and "entitled to a better life"; which is something every new person says when they read MJ's book, because they are driven by emotion.

You are driven by emotion. You need to calm down and put yourself in a GOOD headspace.

The 1st part of your journey (in my opinion) should entail getting a better job OR going to college OR scaling your current business ('retail hardware', this could be an opportunity you're overlooking - especially since you have no competition?!).

Ultimately you need to fix your mentality, you will not force things to happen for you. You need to be patient, you need to be a professional (calm, not easily frustrated) and you need to make the best of what you currently have. Then begin to steadily pursue business.

Remember, you are in Africa, I know from experience it's not easy. You can't just quit your job and make it the way the Westerners do. Go on LinkedIn, find the people (ideally successful Kenyans), connect and ask for advice. Hope it helps.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...