The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tips to dominate Instagram with your business

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Brad_7373

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Mar 26, 2013
Hey Man! Thanks for making this thread I got a few good tips from it!

I have 10k followers right now on my fitness instagram, and I was wondering what would be the best way to sell my fitness product for these people?

Thanks.

If you have the capital, advertise your product or page on the big fitness accounts (500k+), do your research on a decent price, and if you product is of quality value, you'll get a decent roi :)

If you don't have the budget, do a lot of shoutout for shoutouts with account fitness accounts that are a similar size to yours.

But do a at least 1 post a day advertising your product. Maybe even start an email list with a free ebook you can write, then promise to send a fitness related article to them once a week and plug your product long term.

I hope this helps you brainstorm some ideas :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There's also another effective tactic at work here as well which has nothing to do with Instagram... wondering if people notice it...

PS: Thanks for the tips, and for recommending my book!

Brad_7373

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Mar 26, 2013
There's also another effective tactic at work here as well which has nothing to do with Instagram... wondering if people notice it...

PS: Thanks for the tips, and for recommending my book!

You're welcome MJ, your book changed my whole perspective on life, so I'm forever grateful for that!

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
I've been following you guys for about 6 months now...along with all the other motivational business pages (successdiaries, businesspeopleinc, foundr, daily.dose, millionaire_mentor, motivationmafia, before5am etc) - how do you make yourself stand out? I honestly see you all in the same pool because most of the quotes are rehashed and reposted.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
What filters do you use most?

I used to try to match them for every picture, now I just use Juno for everything. Does it even matter much for getting more likes?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
If you have the capital, advertise your product or page on the big fitness accounts (500k+), do your research on a decent price, and if you product is of quality value, you'll get a decent roi :)

If you don't have the budget, do a lot of shoutout for shoutouts with account fitness accounts that are a similar size to yours.

But do a at least 1 post a day advertising your product. Maybe even start an email list with a free ebook you can write, then promise to send a fitness related article to them once a week and plug your product long term.

I hope this helps you brainstorm some ideas :)

Thanks for the ideas. Great stuff!

I already have an email list with a free ebook and the autoresponder emails set up! How should I make them take action and join my email list through instagram?

Thanks bro.

Also, any ideas how I could make my audience trust me more and encage more? I think right now they are not ready to buy stuff from me yet. I think if I would get that trust factor up, I could sell more effectively to these people.

High Roller

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jun 2, 2015
Thanks for sharing all this man! Definitely needed it as I was just about to close down my Instagram altogether from lack of growth [more of a YouTube guy]. Going to start testing out all the valuable info you shared right now! Thanks again

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
What's your reason for dominating Instagram? Do you make a lot of money out of it?

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012
Wow, my biggest respect! Are you interested in reviewing mine?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

ddall

continuous self-improvement
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
402%
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto, ON
I too am interested in new mediums, such as snap chat for reaching audiences. The newer the media it seems the younger the audience skews, however dominating early such as with snapchat is a goal.

Anyone care to share tips in this regard for product orientated businesses.

Anyone care to suggest some new apps/media that may be the next instagram/vine/snapchat?

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I too am interested in new mediums, such as snap chat for reaching audiences. The newer the media it seems the younger the audience skews, however dominating early such as with snapchat is a goal.

Anyone care to share tips in this regard for product orientated businesses.

Anyone care to suggest some new apps/media that may be the next instagram/vine/snapchat?

I need product orientated business tips for instagram too!

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
I have a dilemma. Let's just say I want to start a eccommerce business selling high end fashion (watches, clothing, Cologne).

Should I start a page , for example "Luxury Lifestyle" and post pictures of nice cars, homes, and vacations and then later promote my business?

Or should I just use my business name, for example (apluxury) and promote my website on there as well as posting photos of cars, vacations etc

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
We’ve accumulated 15,000 email sign-ups in the last 17 days with a goal of 100,000 by the end of the year.
How do you put the opt-in ability on IG?

Also, if you don't mind, I would love to read your eBook:)

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012
How do you handle posting pics you don't know who has the owner rights?

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
How the balls do you insert line breaks in Instagram?

I tried the whole copy from notes app trick but nothing works haha.

Copy your text into a notes app. Add line breaks, and then put periods "." where you want the line breaks to be. Paste back into instagram and then remove the periods and the line breaks will remain.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
''We’ve accumulated 15,000 email sign-ups in the last 17 days with a goal of 100,000 by the end of the year.''

Any tips on how to turn the followers into email sign-ups? Would love to know this.

I do have my opt in link in bio, but not sure how to drive people to take action on it.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Am I working on this backwards?

Currently I am creating 3 instagram accounts in the luxury/entrepreneur niche. Once I get a decent size following I plan to market my own eccommerce store (selling high end accessories ).

Although I feel like this will work I also feel lost. I'm not solving a need.

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012

Currently I am creating 3 instagram accounts in the luxury/entrepreneur niche. Once I get a decent size following I plan to market my own eccommerce store (selling high end accessories ).

I'm exactly trying the same thing. I'm trying to build a brand called ThaNewRich. My hashtag is [HASHTAG]#ThaNewRich[/HASHTAG]
That Instagram thing is kind of hard. It takes so long to get followers.

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012

I'm exactly trying the same thing. I'm trying to build a brand called ThaNewRich. My hashtag is [HASHTAG]#ThaNewRich[/HASHTAG]

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012

700 followers in 4 days I good! Are you manually following people or are you automating it?

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012
700 followers in 4 days I good! Are you manually following people or are you automating it?

I followed most of them manually. I look for other accounts in this niche and start following people who like those other feeds.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
I followed most of them manually. I look for other accounts in this niche and start following people who like those other feeds.

What kind of eccommerce website are you thinking about starting? I am thinking of a high end fashion site (watches, glasses).

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012
What kind of eccommerce website are you thinking about starting? I am thinking of a high end fashion site (watches, glasses).
I'm trying to sell the service helping people with their Internet Site.
Seo etc..

AntonyS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 4, 2015

How did you manage to get 700 followers in 4 days? That's amazing! I've been trying the past 2 days using instagress and its only managed 20 followers so far.

You probably have a bigger niche than mine (men's fashion) but I still expected more followers after a day.

I've used hashtags, comments and likes, no shoutouts yet. The content I'm posting is providing men's fashion tips and trends. I also plan on opening an ecommerce store once I've gathered a large enough following.

Just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong? Thanks

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
How did you manage to get 700 followers in 4 days? That's amazing! I've been trying the past 2 days using instagress and its only managed 20 followers so far.

You probably have a bigger niche than mine (men's fashion) but I still expected more followers after a day.

I've used hashtags, comments and likes, no shoutouts yet. The content I'm posting is providing men's fashion tips and trends. I also plan on opening an ecommerce store once I've gathered a large enough following.

Just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong? Thanks
I've gotten 800 followers over these past 2 days (sum on 3 accounts.) the main thing is following others in your niche

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012
One of my biggest problems is, finding images that are allowed to use.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.