Just an update/rant for those who may benefit!
Lately, I just say "yes" , or do things, before I even know how. Once you're forced to do things you're not ready for, not only does it ensure things get done, but it gives you an interesting look at the problem. I find this rule benefits you more than it causes harm.
For example, I was harping for months about advertising, as I didn't feel ready for a new business to get on my software, wanted to automate a million onboarding tasks before making it available. I advertised anyways, and now we have our 4th business starting their trial on our intranet software. Within 48 hours, I took a hard look at it, and said - what the hell is ABSOLUTELY NEEDED? How would a company who cannot come see a demo before starting see this? I simplified the system, and implemented a test on-boarding quick start guide, because there was no other option.
Another good example, one of our clients asked us if they could implement their digital signage network capabilities into the intranet. I said YES, no clue how I would do it. We tested 3 or 4 different signage modules, and 2 months later, found a tech partner, we now have a digital signage addon generating 12k a year, huge potential for growth.
Anyway, i'm sure you all know this. However, you will find a lot of power in the rule that if your intuition tells you it's a good idea, do it. Throw yourself into things and react.
Lately, I just say "yes" , or do things, before I even know how. Once you're forced to do things you're not ready for, not only does it ensure things get done, but it gives you an interesting look at the problem. I find this rule benefits you more than it causes harm.
For example, I was harping for months about advertising, as I didn't feel ready for a new business to get on my software, wanted to automate a million onboarding tasks before making it available. I advertised anyways, and now we have our 4th business starting their trial on our intranet software. Within 48 hours, I took a hard look at it, and said - what the hell is ABSOLUTELY NEEDED? How would a company who cannot come see a demo before starting see this? I simplified the system, and implemented a test on-boarding quick start guide, because there was no other option.
Another good example, one of our clients asked us if they could implement their digital signage network capabilities into the intranet. I said YES, no clue how I would do it. We tested 3 or 4 different signage modules, and 2 months later, found a tech partner, we now have a digital signage addon generating 12k a year, huge potential for growth.
Anyway, i'm sure you all know this. However, you will find a lot of power in the rule that if your intuition tells you it's a good idea, do it. Throw yourself into things and react.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

