The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

If you aren't doing this, you are leaving a LOT of money on the table.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
This is a post more targeted towards people who sell physical products, but I imagine that it has broader application.

I'm currently eating and in a trance after a prolonged period of looking at spreadsheets - so I'll do my best to be clear and straight to the point.

I'd also like to add that I am guilty of this mistake - which is what prompted me to make the post.

The mistake is not taking your packing slips and customer onboarding process seriously enough.

Even saying it, I realize that it may sound like no big deal, but SO MUCH CAN BE WON BY DOING JUST A LITTLE BIT OF FRONT END WORK ON THIS.

We all track our CPC, conversion rates, margins, etc... but what happens when the customer gets their product?

Many people think that's game over. You won the customer and now if they like the product enough - they'll tell others about it!

That's true, to a degree. But it isn't nearly over.

Think about it. What you have at this point is someone who is already proven to care about your product. The money is already out of their pocket and it's in their hands.

Now there is an opportunity to do something that most businesses fail to do effectively:

1. Give them something extra that they weren't expecting. A small gift leaves a lasting impression if it wasn't something they paid for. It can be cheap and it can be anything - but this is one of the easiest ways to show a customer that you care and gain loyalty. You can put a QR code on the miscellaneous gift that says "What is this?" When they go to this page they'll learn what it is, see that it is a gift (otherwise they may just think a mistake was made), and love you for it. You can incentivize a newsletter capture on this page as well that will follow up with a review request sometime later.

2. Treat your packing slips as another step in the "funnel." Do NOT try and stuff everything that someone needs to know about your product, brand story... whatever.. on those page(s). Give them enough to cover basics, but this is the opportunity to lead them to a landing page - grab their email (if you don't already have it... AMZ sales for example) and provide a unique onboarding experience that leaves them wanting to leave a review and share.

3. Turn them into affiliates. For example, part of your packing slip could say "Know someone else who wants X? Earn $10 for every sale." Then you put a QR code that leads them to a page for this.

4. Get free content and promotion! Something that tells customers - "earn $X off your next order by posting a photo/video to IG." This is just an example, but there are many effective ways to do this as well.

5. Make it clear that if there is an issue, it will be taken care of. If a customer receives something and it's broken or defective - the gut reaction is to get a refund and maybe even leave a hateful review. You can step right in front of that here with a properly worded commitment to customer support.

There is obviously more that you can do with this, but the point I am trying to make is that the customer receiving the product is only the win if you make it the win.

In reality, making sure you have more hooks after a customer receives their product is going to be one of the largest contributors to the organic growth of your business.

Organic growth = fat margins.

In conclusion, take the time to turn your Customer's unboxing experience into something that tells them that you care and have more value to offer, and capitalize on the opportunity for more organic growth.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
3. Turn them into affiliates. For example, part of your packing slip could say "Know someone else who wants X? Earn $10 for every sale." Then you put a QR code that leads them to a page for this.

Agree that the effort put into this can pay dividends and doesn't tie you to spending money on ads to get sales!

ohmamecr

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2021
This is a post more targeted towards people who sell physical products, but I imagine that it has broader application.

I'm currently eating and in a trance after a prolonged period of looking at spreadsheets - so I'll do my best to be clear and straight to the point.

I'd also like to add that I am guilty of this mistake - which is what prompted me to make the post.

The mistake is not taking your packing slips and customer onboarding process seriously enough.

Even saying it, I realize that it may sound like no big deal, but SO MUCH CAN BE WON BY DOING JUST A LITTLE BIT OF FRONT END WORK ON THIS.

We all track our CPC, conversion rates, margins, etc... but what happens when the customer gets their product?

Many people think that's game over. You won the customer and now if they like the product enough - they'll tell others about it!

That's true, to a degree. But it isn't nearly over.

Think about it. What you have at this point is someone who is already proven to care about your product. The money is already out of their pocket and it's in their hands.

Now there is an opportunity to do something that most businesses fail to do effectively:

1. Give them something extra that they weren't expecting. A small gift leaves a lasting impression if it wasn't something they paid for. It can be cheap and it can be anything - but this is one of the easiest ways to show a customer that you care and gain loyalty. You can put a QR code on the miscellaneous gift that says "What is this?" When they go to this page they'll learn what it is, see that it is a gift (otherwise they may just think a mistake was made), and love you for it. You can incentivize a newsletter capture on this page as well that will follow up with a review request sometime later.

2. Treat your packing slips as another step in the "funnel." Do NOT try and stuff everything that someone needs to know about your product, brand story... whatever.. on those page(s). Give them enough to cover basics, but this is the opportunity to lead them to a landing page - grab their email (if you don't already have it... AMZ sales for example) and provide a unique onboarding experience that leaves them wanting to leave a review and share.

4. ¡Obtenga contenido y promoción gratis ! Algo que les dice a los clientes: "gane $ X de descuento en su próximo pedido publicando una foto / video en IG". Este es solo un ejemplo, pero también hay muchas formas efectivas de hacerlo.

5. Deje en claro que si hay un problema, se solucionará . Si un cliente recibe algo y está roto o defectuoso, la reacción instintiva es obtener un reembolso y tal vez incluso dejar una reseña odiosa. Puede dar un paso al frente de eso aquí con un compromiso con la atención al cliente debidamente redactado.

Es evidente que hay más que se puede hacer con esto, pero el punto que estoy tratando de hacer es que el cliente recibe el producto es solamente la victoria si se hace con la victoria.

En realidad, asegurarse de tener más ganchos después de que un cliente reciba su producto será uno de los mayores contribuyentes al crecimiento orgánico de su negocio.

Crecimiento orgánico = márgenes de grasa.

En conclusión, tómese el tiempo para convertir la experiencia de unboxing de su Cliente en algo que les diga que le importa y que tiene más valor que ofrecer, y capitalice la oportunidad de un crecimiento más orgánico.
Completely agree, high value content my g

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.