The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This guy hates rich people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew D

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Feb 16, 2017
Canada, ON
I hope this is the right section, but this guy is a solid example of a sidewalker mindset.
Kv3FeLP.png

NdGmj4V.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
"You buy a luxury item, or really anything from a corporation, the majority of the money goes to rich people or a corporation that will hoard most of it...."

I wish my margins were that good haha.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I bet he wouldn't reject a billion dollars.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I bet he wouldn't reject a billion dollars.

Nor would he reject living his life void of all "rich people" contributions.

I'm sure he doesn't like shitting in a bucket, wearing straw for shoes, and using candles for light.

The downside of the internet is idiots like this have a voice.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I used to hold the same misguided views; fuelled by thoughts of my own failings. It's easier to think this way, than to do something about your situation.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
This reminds me of the days I worked in factories. Sometimes it felt like that's all you'd hear from workers. Complaints about how they didn't have enough money and cursing anyone that had more while screaming and arguing through their unions to give them more money all the while "hating" money. Poor (in many ways), sad, conflicted people. I've met loud communists who lusted after riches just as much as anyone. People love to blame and complain. Maybe it's cathartic? Even before I had an inkling I could expand my mind and make my own money I knew I had to escape people like that and this joker.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
There are lots of factors that influence success and we'd be lying to ourselves if we said that connections and family wealth don't matter. We'd also be lying to ourselves if we said that it didn't matter what someone is willing to do.

It's a game of probabilities, and this poster doesn't understand them.

We could very well have an intelligent discourse on tax policy and economic rent-seeking behavior, the 'saving/investing' habits of the wealthiest people... but this guy wouldn't wanna hear it. He would likely be the type to win a $10 million lottery and blow it within 3 years, then scream bloody murder at the rich.

If this guy spent his time educating himself on how 'rags to riches' actually works, how the super wealthy protect and grow their wealth, and how wealthy families keep their money in their line for generations... maybe he'd have a better chance. But nope, he just wants to whine on the Internet. Typical.

Drew D

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Feb 16, 2017
Canada, ON
This reminds me of the days I worked in factories. Sometimes it felt like that's all you'd hear from workers. Complaints about how they didn't have enough money and cursing anyone that had more while screaming and arguing through their unions to give them more money all the while "hating" money. Poor (in many ways), sad, conflicted people.
This reminds me of the chapter of MJ's book about choices. They chose to work at a factory, knowing they aren't going to make shit. I worked at a factory not long ago knowing I was going to make no more than min. wage.

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
I was that way. I was thinking that way for a long time.

Then after the fourth time I read TMFL it dawned on me just how limited I was thinking about money. It truelly is infinite, and when you run out of zeros you can always add more.

Until that is realized a person will always be bound by thinking that the wealthy have some "secret". And not see that the "secret" is so simple, money has no limit only our imagination limits us .

G

GuestUser450

Obviously he's not wealthy, guarantee he's not poor - only the MC and ironically trust-funded have the luxury of biting the hand that feeds them. I hope that as the system corrects and the middle disappears people like him will take responsibility for themselves and move upward.

But I'll bet no since we see it more and more; fake disgust for fake internet points turns real over time and becomes genuine assholery.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I had to look up what an Aventador is. One of the things I've discovered with folks like this is that they often know way more about various luxury items than I do, which leads me to believe that they in fact have a secret obsession with money and the lifestyle it affords and we're dealing with run of the mill jealousy here.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
This reminds me of the days I worked in factories. Sometimes it felt like that's all you'd hear from workers. Complaints about how they didn't have enough money and cursing anyone that had more while screaming and arguing through their unions to give them more money all the while "hating" money. Poor (in many ways), sad, conflicted people. I've met loud communists who lusted after riches just as much as anyone. People love to blame and complain. Maybe it's cathartic? Even before I had an inkling I could expand my mind and make my own money I knew I had to escape people like that and this joker.

A couple years back I bought a customized Jeep Wrangler 4 door for the trails around here. It's a 2008, so not like its new or anything.

I overheard one of my employee's complaining that if I can afford new cars, I could afford to give raises too, that she didn't make enough, blah, blah, blah...

I fired her on the spot. Trust me, someone else was glad to work her spot at the $18 an hour she was making in retail.

The attitude you describe here is the norm, not the exception for sure.

As an employer, it's sad and infuriating all at the same time. (mostly just infuriating)

JayPrince

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 29, 2016
That's ludicrous! If he knew the amount of taxes Pres. Trump alone paid last year (hint. $32M), it takes thousands of people paying taxes to even just come out even with him! Not to mention the amount of charity money Bill Gates donates, or the innovation that Elon Musk brings. I remember actually believing those things in time past, leaves a sour taste in my mouth nowadays.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
A couple years back I bought a customized Jeep Wrangler 4 door for the trails around here. It's a 2008, so not like its new or anything.

I overheard one of my employee's complaining that if I can afford new cars, I could afford to give raises too, that she didn't make enough, blah, blah, blah...

I fired her on the spot. Trust me, someone else was glad to work her spot at the $18 an hour she was making in retail.

As an employer, it's sad and infuriating all at the same time. (mostly just infuriating)

My dad has been running his business for about 25 years now, and as he gets older, he's losing his filter. Apparently, 2 or 3 years ago he had a rough year and basically didn't turn a profit. This almost caused a revolt, because his 15 or so employees had basically already spent their "year end profit sharing". Like literally Clark Griswold buying a pool type shit.

They all hivemind, then one guy sacks up to go complain for everyone. According to legend the conversation went like this:

Employee: Why don't we get it this year?
Dad: We didn't make any money this year.
Employee: We got it the last 3 years.
Dad: We made money the last 3 years. We'll make money next year. Chill out.
Employee: It's not fair.
Dad: When I said "we" didn't make any money this year, I was being polite. I didn't make any money this year. Your a$$ got paid 26 times, and now you want 27?

....akward silence followed by slowly backing out of the room.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Nor would he reject living his life void of all "rich people" contributions.

I'm sure he doesn't like shitting in a bucket, wearing straw for shoes, and using candles for light.

The downside of the internet is idiots like this have a voice.

Ironically, he wrote his comment on a device that a rich person made - he also used a platform that a Billionaire owns.

motosnipe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 20, 2016
Pennsylvania
I never hated the rich, always envied them. Always wondered how they did it, and always wondered how I could do the same. I know I chose to work where I am working, but at this point in my life, I need to be able to pay rent and support my wife and kids. Thankfully she works as well, so it helps, but I am really itching to get into Real Estate...just waiting til I can afford to get my license. That is my top goal, I see the benefit in selling real estate, and the profits you can earn.

Just gonna keep on busting my a$$ til it happens, can't be negative.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I never hated the rich, always envied them. Always wondered how they did it, and always wondered how I could do the same. I know I chose to work where I am working, but at this point in my life, I need to be able to pay rent and support my wife and kids. Thankfully she works as well, so it helps, but I am really itching to get into Real Estate...just waiting til I can afford to get my license. That is my top goal, I see the benefit in selling real estate, and the profits you can earn.

Just gonna keep on busting my a$$ til it happens, can't be negative.
@Red?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Talking about "the rich" as though it's some cabal of people that all know each other and are working together. That. That my friends is the harbinger of poverty.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Infuriating or not, you did the right thing.
She just exposed her lack of value. Had she really proven her mettle, she would have already CONVINCED you for the raise.
Such workers are a danger to Fastlane human resources everywhere. A great drain on any potential passivity and customer service integrity.

Talking about "the rich" as though it's some cabal of people that all know each other and are working together. That. That my friends is the harbinger of poverty.
The rich do know who's who to a degree and work on some ventures together, but I'm sure they are focused on solving problems instead of world subjugation! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

On the oil magnates killing the electric car though, I think it's that the costs are still high to produce and fuel the electric car. Probably we need some new industrial processes to reduce costs of production, as historically Henry Ford did with the Model T.

But a more economically viable model should be the hybrid vehicle, and already many established car companies are heading there, like Honda and Tesla. That Sidewalk guy needs to go back to school....

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
She just exposed her lack of value. Had she really proven her mettle, she would have already CONVINCED you for the raise.

I fired her because of WHO she was complaining to (one of my largest commercial clients, as he came in to settle his bill)

If I fired every employee when they exposed their lack of value, I wouldn't have any employees left haha. (serious)

If these jerks want a raise, maybe they shouldn't have stolen $20,000 worth of cash and inventory from me last year.

(and that's with VERY strict anti-shrink processes in place)

Employees are the worst invention ever.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
I hope this is the right section, but this guy is a solid example of a sidewalker mindset.
Kv3FeLP.png

NdGmj4V.png
As opposed to laughing and taking the piss out of this guy does it not act more as a good reference point for ourselves and (i hope) the mindset shift that we have all made?

This guy and his story/bullshit just hasn't been enlightened to learn that 'the system' isn't fixed to keep us down and the only reason we are poor/not where we want to be in life is exclusively only down to ourselves and our poor mindset or lack of focus and clear goals.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Employee: It's not fair.
Dad: When I said "we" didn't make any money this year, I was being polite. I didn't make any money this year. Your a$$ got paid 26 times, and now you want 27?

....akward silence followed by slowly backing out of the room.

Beautiful response. Great way to handle a self-entitled employee.

Employee lesson: don't take anything for granted.
Employer lesson: don't sugar coat anything. Tell it like it is.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
As opposed to laughing and taking the piss out of this guy does it not act more as a good reference point for ourselves and (i hope) the mindset shift that we have all made?

True.

But not all of us had that hate towards rich people in their mindset.

I certainly never have.

I grew up poor (homeless at times), and even then I never hated rich people. My parents have this attitude for sure, but I never did.

Mostly, since I was always told I could never be a rich guy, I set out to prove them wrong and get rich anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.