The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Years ago I got safety deposit box and dropped some cash in it, basically enough to survive on minimal funds for 6-12 months. Even if the counter at the bank closes, I should have access to hard cash if I need. This is assuming I can at least access my safety deposit box, which I would assume I should be able to since I’m not withdrawing money.

EDIT: I actually meant to move some of this cash or add to it with gold, I worry a lot about inflation or even the remote chance of loss in faith of the US dollar (it’s just paper after-all). I was a bit lazy and never got around to this. Something I need to remedy.
I would bring that stuff home and get a fireproof safe.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Way too much of this crap...

Add Devin Nunes to the list -- telling people they should be going out to restaurants...

View: https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1239214295566692353

Politicians by nature are extroverted people, usually with almost no scientific background, so of course the really don’t comprehend what is going on here.

that’s why I am very selective who I listen to. Unfortunately they have a platform, and most people aren’t that selective.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Going to pick one of these up this week to add to the arsenal.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Yeah it is a POS goat ranch

Tip, don’t eat those round little dark brown balls in the grass then. They aren’t really raisins.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Going to pick one of these up this week to add to the arsenal.
Looks good!
I picked up 500 rounds of Federal 9mm cartridges today from Bass Pro.

Doesn't hurt to stock up!

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Makes perfectly good sense that climate change is taking a backseat to C0VlD-19. C0VlD-19 is a more immediate risk unfolding much faster than climate change. It is in our real-time here and now. People are getting sick and dying right now. On the other hand, climate change remains a huge risk to our long term outlook, but because it is unfolding at a much slower rate, it is getting pushed out. As human's we'll likely keep pushing climate change out because, "I'll be dead by the time that happens," is an all too common refrain.

My point was that all the talk was about climate change wiping us out when really it's a virus like this that will do it.

Climate change has been in the media for years. The world was supposed to have ended 20 times already due to climate change.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Looks good!
I picked up 500 rounds of Federal 9mm cartridges today from Bass Pro.

Doesn't hurt to stock up!
Both my local Academy and Cabelas are wiped out of 9mm. Had to order from Bass Pro online. 84.99 for 500 rds not bad

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My daily carry is .38 but I think I am pretty good on ammo. I need to check though. House is on lockdown and nobody comes or goes without me knowing well in advance. The lock on my doors is for their (an intruder's) protection, not mine.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
I would bring that stuff home and get a fireproof safe.

Lol, I had thought about it, I was worried about being robbed though. But I guess there is access risk I hadn’t really considered. Maybe at some point in time I have to create some balance. Maybe a small amount of cash at home with the majority in my deposit box.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
My daily carry is .38 but I think I am pretty good on ammo. I need to check though. House is on lockdown and nobody comes or goes without me knowing well in advance. The lock on my doors is for their (an intruder's) protection, not mine.

Nice. Daily carry for me is 9mm sig p938, but we have guns around the house. We are prepped, but also heavily armed, we try to anticipate for any likely contingency. We have thousand and thousand of round for multiple caliber of guns. I don’t plan to rely on anyone but ourselves.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Glad we can all shoot in this house, and have skeet shooters and CC holders and other sensible people for neighbors.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
We’re in AZ. It’s a conceal carry as a right state.

Maybe one day I'll establish a base there, for reasons like that. Florida's not too bad though.

PSA: Load yer extra magazines.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Both my local Academy and Cabelas are wiped out of 9mm. Had to order from Bass Pro online. 84.99 for 500 rds not bad

Really? Is that free shipping?
Sheesh, I paid in-store $54 a box for 250 rds. $110 for 2 boxes.
Lesson learned.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Lesson learned.

yeah. I just bought multiple thousands of rounds of 9 mm for about $80 per thousand two weeks ago.

we’ve been prepping. Trying to be rational and stay 1-2 weeks in front of the crush demand.

3 weeks ago bought food, 2 weeks ago bought ammo, 1 week ago bought a food freeze dryer to preserve food and eliminate waste, this week bought medical support equipment. If it’s overkill, I’m fine with that, but so far every week our past weeks prep seems totally rational.

I would rather be over prepared 100 times than critically underprepared once.

on a business note, I see prepping like business. Try and stay 1 or two steps ahead. Make rational predictions on trends. And act quickly with conviction when u are near certain of the near future move or outcome. Often this will be in the face of criticism. Push through

Last edited:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Lesson learned.
Yep. Free shipping $91 after tax. Herters FMJ 9mm.

They’ve had them in stock at B&Ms for that low but with the shortage it’s all gone.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The rumor mill is flying tonight and I was contacted by two separate people telling me they had good information on a looming federal shut down and quarantine. So much so that I called a high-level friend thats a defense contractor exec thinking that if there was anything to the rumors he would know about it.

He thinks it’s probably bs. His read was they would probably quarantine hotspots but not just a blanket directive. In fact, they aren’t even shutting down but simply sending some nonessential employees home.

He was kind of a voice of calm in the midst of a frantic storm that others are creating.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

It's clear this thing was circulating here in the US at the same time shit was going down in China. There are probably thousands who had it in Jan/Feb and just thought it was the flu.

Tamiflu causes delirium in a lot of people, especially kids.

Deep diaphragmatic breathing helps to clear mucus from your lungs. Someone else already mentioned the Wim Hof method, it’s incredibly effective.

Gargling any alcohol over 80 proof will be more effective than salt water gargling if and when people get a sore throat.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
The rumor mill is flying tonight and I was contacted by two separate people telling me they had good information on a looming federal shut down and quarantine. So much so that I called a high-level friend thats a defense contractor exec thinking that if there was anything to the rumors he would know about it.

He thinks it’s probably bs. His read was they would probably quarantine hotspots but not just a blanket directive. In fact, they aren’t even shutting down but simply sending some nonessential employees home.

He was kind of a voice of calm in the midst of a frantic storm that others are creating.

look at other countries. It’s fricking obvious what will happen. It will start with a regional lock down, that rolls out in a very short period of time to a full national lockdown. I almost see the regional lockdown as a mental pretext to condition the rest of the country (or near total) to accept it when it impacts them. Fauci all but said today it was coming Monday.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Some good news for those of us who live in a lot of sunshine...

I wonder to what extent, if any, extra vitamin D production helped in fighting off the infection?

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Tamiflu causes delirium in a lot of people, especially kids.

Deep diaphragmatic breathing helps to clear mucus from your lungs. Someone else already mentioned the Wim Hof method, it’s incredibly effective.

Gargling any alcohol over 80 proof will be more effective than salt water gargling if and when people get a sore throat.

Idiots out partying this weekend. Literally the world's leading medical and scientific minds are telling people to practice social distancing, but some people still choose to not care. If mandatory quarantines China-style are the only way to get people to stay home, then bring it on.

Also all this talk of guns makes me wish Canadian laws were a little more loose regarding firearms. :(

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
I wonder to what extent, if any, extra vitamin D production helped in fighting off the infection?

Likely none. UV radiation typically kills bacteria and viruses. Want to disinfect a package from amazon put it outside for several hours, make sure to turn it over.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.