The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 29, 2019
My wife lives in Hong Kong for work and wants me to go back with her in June and spend a few weeks there. I'm really not wanting to go. We will have to quarantine in a hotel for 1 week on arrival, that's assuming our flight actually runs. Right now, if more than 3 people test positive from a flight, the route gets cancelled for a week. With China rigidly sticking to its 0 covid policy, I could easily see the nightmare of what's going on in other Chinese cities happening in HK. I really don't want to get thrown in a van to quarantine camp at 3am just because someone down the hall tested positive. Equally as bad is the prospect of being stuck there for months if they keep locking down and banning flights.

The whole thing is utterly ridiculous.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Sounds like the perfect employee

Haha true! But yes. Actually a great employee and a really good kid. This is the same trend in the whole country. In the last years life has been amazing and we have always ranked in top 5 amongst life quality and happiness. So people will never question their government. Because how can a government responsible for such high quality of life be wrong about something? It's pretty logical, but also pretty scary.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
I didn't know that, if that's true, it's truly horrific!

The thing that most fascinated me, was the fact that it was being portrayed as anti vax versus vax, when in fact the complete opposite was, and still is, true.

For instance, I am pro vaccination; why wouldn't I be? The human race lives longer today on average, thanks largely to vaccination against diseases that previously killed millions. I have every vax going, my daughter does and so does my wife. However I am against THIS vax.

Anyone with a 3 digit IQ can discern the fact that vaccines take many years before going to human trial, for example the HIV/AIDS vaccine was synthesised 15 years ago and has only just been given FDA approval to test on people.

The argument of course was that with the entire world's scientists working on the problem of finding a C-19 vaccine, it was bound to be solved very quickly. However the one thing you cannot buy, no matter how much money you have, is time. You simply cannot recreate waiting 7-15 years to see if there are any long-term adverse effects in your (mainly non-human) test subjects.

When pointing out this fact, I and many others were lambasted for upsetting the status quo. This was done - by admission from my own government in the UK - in order to prevent the public from panicking and to make sure vaccine uptake was high.

Which brings us to another ridiculous anomaly in healthcare thinking, because no matter what set of data you look at, Covid for the most part is harmless.

"The overwhelming amount of people who get Covid will recover with no ill effects. The overwhelming amount of people who are hospitalised with Covid, will recover with no ill effects."

Quote; World Health Organisation (WHO)

So at some point, "listen to the science", became "follow the rules!" which in itself is a fascinating outcome, the science clearly shows that you are most likely to be in the group of almost everyone, that doesn't need any further protection from Covid than your own immune system.

That is not to say that Covid has and will continue to effect people adversely, which is another thing people seemingly couldn't get their heads around.

At the end of the day, this whole affair has been one big exercise in observer bias, driven at first by medical professionals who were only seeing the absolute worst cases, and then by a panicked public fuelled by mainstream and social media.

This same hysteria has managed to gloss over three important facts:

Fact 1: The "vaccines" have little to no effect on the majority of people who take it. (Confirmed by the manufacturers)

Fact 2: There are now therapeutic treatments for hospitalised C-19 patients.

Fact 3: Covid is becoming more benign with each mutation and is here to stay for the foreseeable future regardless of the number of social distancing, masking and vaccination programs.

Hopefully sanity will prevail and hopefully the adverse effects from taking an experimental drug on a masse scale, will be smaller than that of Covid (though I doubt it).

Peace and love to anyone who has been negatively effected by Covid and lockdowns.

This. I was never against jabs myself. Only against this jab - which cannot even be considered a vaccine. But nobody wants to listening to your reasoning. You are just instantly labeled as an anti-vaxxer. Heck, my own mom even tried to blackmail me into getting the jab. Fortunately, I was already beyond the point where it could be possible for people to convince me, and now instead I have convinced her to not take the 3rd jab. Took some convincing to do, but now she sees the light.

Let's pray for sanity to prevail!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
My wife lives in Hong Kong for work and wants me to go back with her in June and spend a few weeks there. I'm really not wanting to go. We will have to quarantine in a hotel for 1 week on arrival, that's assuming our flight actually runs. Right now, if more than 3 people test positive from a flight, the route gets cancelled for a week. With China rigidly sticking to its 0 covid policy, I could easily see the nightmare of what's going on in other Chinese cities happening in HK. I really don't want to get thrown in a van to quarantine camp at 3am just because someone down the hall tested positive. Equally as bad is the prospect of being stuck there for months if they keep locking down and banning flights.

The whole thing is utterly ridiculous.

That sounds absolutely ridiculous. Has she thought about moving away from HK? Hope the Shanghai madness doesn't get to HK, but I would also be afraid to go there these days.

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 29, 2019
That sounds absolutely ridiculous. Has she thought about moving away from HK? Hope the Shanghai madness doesn't get to HK, but I would also be afraid to go there these days.
Yeah, we're in the process of going through the green card process so she can move to the US. She's an airline pilot, so needs to be current with her flying. She's already talking to a few airlines here, and as soon as we have a better idea of the green card timing, she'll give her notice and bail.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I didn't know that, if that's true, it's truly horrific!

The thing that most fascinated me, was the fact that it was being portrayed as anti vax versus vax, when in fact the complete opposite was, and still is, true.

For instance, I am pro vaccination; why wouldn't I be? The human race lives longer today on average, thanks largely to vaccination against diseases that previously killed millions. I have every vax going, my daughter does and so does my wife. However I am against THIS vax.

Anyone with a 3 digit IQ can discern the fact that vaccines take many years before going to human trial, for example the HIV/AIDS vaccine was synthesised 15 years ago and has only just been given FDA approval to test on people.

The argument of course was that with the entire world's scientists working on the problem of finding a C-19 vaccine, it was bound to be solved very quickly. However the one thing you cannot buy, no matter how much money you have, is time. You simply cannot recreate waiting 7-15 years to see if there are any long-term adverse effects in your (mainly non-human) test subjects.

When pointing out this fact, I and many others were lambasted for upsetting the status quo. This was done - by admission from my own government in the UK - in order to prevent the public from panicking and to make sure vaccine uptake was high.

Which brings us to another ridiculous anomaly in healthcare thinking, because no matter what set of data you look at, Covid for the most part is harmless.

"The overwhelming amount of people who get Covid will recover with no ill effects. The overwhelming amount of people who are hospitalised with Covid, will recover with no ill effects."

Quote; World Health Organisation (WHO)

So at some point, "listen to the science", became "follow the rules!" which in itself is a fascinating outcome, the science clearly shows that you are most likely to be in the group of almost everyone, that doesn't need any further protection from Covid than your own immune system.

That is not to say that Covid has and will continue to effect people adversely, which is another thing people seemingly couldn't get their heads around.

At the end of the day, this whole affair has been one big exercise in observer bias, driven at first by medical professionals who were only seeing the absolute worst cases, and then by a panicked public fuelled by mainstream and social media.

This same hysteria has managed to gloss over three important facts:

Fact 1: The "vaccines" have little to no effect on the majority of people who take it. (Confirmed by the manufacturers)

Fact 2: There are now therapeutic treatments for hospitalised C-19 patients.

Fact 3: Covid is becoming more benign with each mutation and is here to stay for the foreseeable future regardless of the number of social distancing, masking and vaccination programs.

Hopefully sanity will prevail and hopefully the adverse effects from taking an experimental drug on a masse scale, will be smaller than that of Covid (though I doubt it).

Peace and love to anyone who has been negatively effected by Covid and lockdowns.
I'm so sick of hearing that it doesn't take years to test vaccines anymore because of new technology. Unless it's a time machine that puts you 5 to 10 years into the future.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Yeah, we're in the process of going through the green card process so she can move to the US. She's an airline pilot, so needs to be current with her flying. She's already talking to a few airlines here, and as soon as we have a better idea of the green card timing, she'll give her notice and bail.

You're married to a pilot. Cool! :D

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Australia just lifted all travel restrictions.

So strange. It’s gone from the worst place to probably one of the best. I haven’t seen a face mask in like 6 months.
I"m going to have eye surgery this coming Wednesday. They told me that I MUST wear a mask and do the 6' distancing. And my husband cannot accompany me. Crazy. But, I don't have a choice in this.

Vas87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 4, 2012
Australia

So strange. It’s gone from the worst place to probably one of the best. I haven’t seen a face mask in like 6 months.
Come to South Australia, 2 out of 10 people still wear them. I had the fortune to travel to Queensland earlier this year and it was like a completely different country, no one cared about masks at all.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland

This is exactly how I felt about Ireland at the time that we removed everything. Life is 100% normal once again.

Disappointing that I still can't visit the US, I had a holiday fund put aside for a summer trip over there. Maybe I should go to Australia instead. Half of my cousins have emigrated there anyways! (some got trapped during the country lockdown and are now naturalized citizens) lol - the rest have flown out to join them in the last few months.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
This is exactly how I felt about Ireland at the time that we removed everything. Life is 100% normal once again.

Disappointing that I still can't visit the US, I had a holiday fund put aside for a summer trip over there. Maybe I should go to Australia instead. Half of my cousins have emigrated there anyways! (some got trapped during the country lockdown and are now naturalized citizens) lol - the rest have flown out to join them in the last few months.
Come on over, we’ll probably have a spare room after September if you’re in Queensland, I’m guessing your cousins are in Sydney?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
After all that time with Covid I use to not listen to news. (Nearly) no war, no Covid ...
But slowly politis is not to deny. They tell, that there will be no lockdown, no 100% masks, no restrictions.
And I know from years of experience: when they deny it hard, it will come.
Next wave..fall or winter.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Migration in the US before/after COVID.

Looks like it made a lot of people realize in the Midwest to go South and West. That strikes me as more of a "quality of life" move VS a response to local Covid policy.

1657032081822.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.