The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
I have read most of them and I am a big fan of Dosteovsky, I think you probably would like "The Idiot" by Dostoevsky. I really liked "The death of Ivan Ilych" by Tolstoy it makes you think about your mortality in a very impactful way.

Oh yeah I read The Idiot in gr. 9, I had forgotten. Lol I remember I wrote a book report on it, something about how the theme of the book is like Nice Guys Finish Last or something.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Wow! I love this thread! Thanks for sharing to OP - Argue

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

manth0ny

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
May 27, 2020
Fort Erie
A few of my favorites from various genres:

The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan
All of our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastai
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest by Ken Kesey

Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
The Know It All by A.J Jacobs

And of course I would not be here without The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted .

jtkazama

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 3, 2020
Winnipeg
How to be a Straight-A College Student by Cal Newport

This book taught me how to prioritize my time and transform ideas in to specific actionable tasks.

Seamster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
May 21, 2019
The Rust Belt; MI
How is The Millionaire Next Door not on this list under Mindset? Even in the first few pages of Wealth Exposed MJ DeMarco mentions how living the showy lifestyle is preventing people from becoming rich. IMO, if you want to be rich and/or free, Millionaire is required reading. Not wasting money is step #1; and that's the main topic of Millionaire.

Example:
Guy A: Gets a great deal on 2017 Range Rover. $60k and 6 year loan ($1100/mo after insurance and probably $200/mo upkeep). He moves to $250k house with a mortgage, tax, insurance, HOA, and upkeep. $1800/mo. He gets the iPhone 12 at $50/mo. He gets a dog ($100/mo), gets a GF who likes the high life ($300/mo), goes on $2400 vacations twice a year ($200/mo). Do the math we're nearly at $4000 before the appx $500/mo for food, gasoline, medical, etc. This guy needs to pull out his credit cards and have his GF move in and help with mortgage just to make ends meet.

Guy B: Keeps driving his 2004 Malibu ($100/mo maintenance and changes his own oil). He gets a $700/mo apartment that's just fine for his needs. He gets 1 year old Pixel 3 phone new in box on Ebay which amounts to $10/mo. Catfood is $30/mo, and GF actually saves him money because she too wants to be financially free. They do go out though and enjoy the occasional weekend getaway ($200/mo). He invests in 401k; but he also gets tax deductions due to owning a business. So, he's still at $4000/mo income. Do the math, add $500 for food, etc, and we're barely at $1500.

Guy A has $0 at the end of one year, a Range Rover that keeps breaking, a GF he hates, a messy dog, and lots of stress about money. Guy B is easily able to save $20,000 in one year to put towards his business. MJ DeMarco of course touches on this in his books. However, The Millionaire Next Door drives it home. Guy A has no chance to be rich. Guy B is in the Fastlane!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
I know now is not Christmas. But, I thought of sharing this. This happened a year after I quit my full-time job. Youths in my church was having a celebration and I don't have money to buy gifts. So, I thought of my ebooks.

Funny things is the girl that randomly received this thumb drive was and is still doing dropshipping. :arghh:

msedge_vD8Me4j2J6.png

Full text:
A blessed Christmas and a happy new year 2018.
This pendrive costs about RM60.00 [ US$13] and it contains a books collection which cost more than RM200.00 [ US$44].
Just as Christ changed the world on 25th December, may this books collection change your life.
It did for me.
You don't have to read the whole collection. Below I listed all the books and the reasons why you should read it. Pick the right reasons, and it will propels you to read it.
If not, depending on the reasons I attached; give it to whom you think he/she needs it.
Be prepared. You might need to depend much on Google. Most of these books requires advanced understanding of English.
But, when you managed to go through it you will realize that you're the most genius person ever lived.
Merry Christmas.
P.S:
- Keep Catholic Mission Terengganu deep in your heart.
- There is also an ebook reader attached. Copy it to your smartphone to read the books on the go.
1. The Millionaire Fastlane . Crack the Code to Wealth and Get Rich for a Lifetime.
There are no right steps on how to get rich. But, it helps you to understand why La Soul* or ToneExcel* is lying to you. Guide to start a business on a right path.
2. Unscripted .
A sequel to The Millionaire Fastlane . Tells you to show your parents a middle finger, and build an empire like Google and Apple.
3. How to Get Rich.
Analyze your mind either you have an inner demons of getting rich. Key theme- be prepared for sacrifices.
4. How to Win at the Sports of Business.
Autobiography of how a man who have had switched various jobs turned into a millionaire, then a billionaire.
5. Cold Hard Truth on Family, Kids and Money.
A millionaire explains why loving money is good, important, and precious. Plus, a step by step guide.
6. Book of Pook.
Why loving a woman is useless. Instead love yourself. Give it to your boyfriend before breakup. For boys: read this to have sex with Maria Ozawa.*
7. 1984.
Tells you how the government rules you in every inch of your life - breathing, kissing, taking shit, eating etc.
8. Atlas Shrugged
How to be selfish without being an a**hole. And the meaning of selfish.
9. The Fountainhead
How to be yourself is the most difficult thing in the world.
10. The Alchemist
Journey of achieving your dreams. And why it matters to make it come true.
11. The Zahir
Love story. Discovering yourself while you discover your lover's self.
12. The Devil and Miss Prynn
Set in a small village about a young, poor girl whose deal with the devil leads to a spiritual transformation.
13. The Pilgrimage
Read this for an advanced knowledge of the Catholic faith.
14. Fahrenheit 451
In the distant future, books are banned and burned. By firemen. Emphasized the importance of books and reading.
15. Animal Farm
If you believe that the country would be better when the Opposition takes over UMNO*; consider this book.
16. Night
Tells you to be grateful and at the same time strive for improvement. A boy was captured during WW2 and he wrote his experiences with the Nazi.
17. By the River Piedra I sat Down and Wept
Love story. A woman's struggle in searching for her lover; a Catholic seminarian.
18. No More Mr. Nice Guy
For boys - How to be admired by every woman in the world.
For girls - Give this to your future friend zoned guy.
19. The Valkryies
Exorcism of personal demons, discovering one's personal strength.
20. Steve Jobs
A man who changed our world because he chose to think different. Yes! How to think different.
21. Anthem
How to be an individual, your own self, and stand by your integrity.
22. Pure Love (ebook not available, get it on the cupboard next to office.)
Why sex outside of marriage is the same thing as taking drugs. Read this before and after sex.
*Notes
* Some of the books are heavy on religion.
* LaSoul and ToneExcel is MLM scheme in my country.
* Maria Ozawa is a p**nstar.
* UMNO is a political party in Malaysia.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.