The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Profit, entrepreneur business turnaround show on CNBC

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
If you don't watch The Profit you're missing out.

I've been watching this on a tablet today while organizing a garage. The Marshmallow one was the living end. I was yelling at the screen like it was a damn football game or something. How is it possible for a person to be that loathsome?

0RlsYb6.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I've been watching this on a tablet today while organizing a garage. The Marshmallow one was the living end. I was yelling at the screen like it was a damn football game or something. How is it possible for a person to be that loathsome?

0RlsYb6.png
You should check out their Facebook page. Within a couple of hours of the airing they had over 2000 one star ratings. They deleted that page and created a new one. That one got hundreds of one star ratings and then they deleted that page, lol. They created another new page yesterday but it's just a matter of time until they delete that one because the one stars are now rolling in.

https://www.facebook.com/240sweets/

Supposedly written by Sam (posted by someone to their new page)...

f85TaBo.jpg

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Per a blog about the episode:

Marcus Lemonis actually owns the domain name www.marshmallows.com [but] currently uses it as a redirect to another sweet business...

No matter how bad your day is today, you'll go to sleep tonight knowing that you didn't f*k up that bad. Unlike Shark Tank, the business owners on The Profit should, IMO, accept the deals on almost any terms. Theirs isn't a nascent product that might be a hit or a flop (or is almost guaranteed to be a seven-figure+ hit, like PaintBrushCover or PhoneDrone). They know they're not giving away a gold mine-their attempt at their product already failed. So you can hang on to 100% of no dollars, or take like 40% of tons of dollars. Not hard.

Last edited:

ace81385

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 6, 2015
You should check out their Facebook page. Within a couple of hours of the airing they had over 2000 one star ratings. They deleted that page and created a new one. That one got hundreds of one star ratings and then they deleted that page, lol. They created another new page yesterday but it's just a matter of time until they delete that one because the one stars are now rolling in.

https://www.facebook.com/240sweets/

Supposedly written by Sam (posted by someone to their new page)...

f85TaBo.jpg

HAHA that's insane. I also find it funny that so many people make posts to social media and yelp and similar pages to give them 1 star without ever buying their product.. I find it interesting that they select alot of these businesses especially when hes putting up his on money 35 million to date apparently.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Per a blog about the episode:

No matter how bad your day is today, you'll go to sleep tonight knowing that you didn't f*k up that bad.
Yea he mentioned in his live Facebook video during the airing that he owns marshmellows.com that he was going to give them but he now uses it for Sweet Pete's.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Yea he mentioned in his live Facebook video during the airing that he owns marshmellows.com that he was going to give them but he now uses it for Sweet Pete's.
I'd be stunned if that domain wasn't worth more than he invested in the business. One-word exact match .com.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just caught up on this last page of the thread. It seems like it's full of the types of people I try NOT to surround myself with?

There's only one "reality business show" I'm following at present, and that's Gary Vaunerchuk's "DailyVee" show on YouTube. Wow... he's totally redefined hustle and hard work for me.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Just caught up on this last page of the thread. It seems like it's full of the types of people I try NOT to surround myself with?

There's only one "reality business show" I'm following at present, and that's Gary Vaunerchuk's "DailyVee" show on YouTube. Wow... he's totally redefined hustle and hard work for me.
You really should watch The Profit. The last episode is not the norm. I've learned a lot just watching the show.

Last edited:

ace81385

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 6, 2015
You really show watch The Profit. The last episode is not the norm. I've learned a lot just watching the show.

I think its an awesome show. Ive been watching since the first episode, and sometimes I wonder why is buying into this business, and then I realize that he also buys a complementary business or businesses. He bought the used-car company, then buys a dealership to sell the cars, then tries to buy a sign maker because all his businesses need signs. Its really amazing. He buys a lighting company, sign company all of which are needed in every retail business..

tmb22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 8, 2018
USA
I was about to start a thread about this show but found this one. Y'all still watching this show? @Kak I feel like you would like it if you liked Undercover Billionaire so much. I learn a lot from this show

JohnForte

Software Engineer Ninja
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 12, 2019
New York
@tmb22 I watch it, just saw the last episode with the hat and snowboard. I like the show very much. As he said it comes down to the People, Process, and Product. Like the hat and snowboard company, the hat company was the process and people. The process was too strict and the People where she didn't understand the fear from her past were actually hurting her ability to build her business rational.

The snowboard was all about the people! I can't believe that guy keep funding the company. But I have a very private equality firm view from a far.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I was about to start a thread about this show but found this one. Y'all still watching this show? @Kak I feel like you would like it if you liked Undercover Billionaire so much. I learn a lot from this show

I like the show quite a bit!

There are a couple of things that bug me though... First is that all of the businesses are relatively small. I would like to see him run a larger organization or plan scale much much bigger. They are mostly B2C products.

His thought processes are good, but sometimes he speculates different strategies and doesn't share the assumptions that brought him to those speculations. He touts them as fact and moves on. I think that robs people a bit of the thought process, but it makes better TV painting him as a know all guru bad a$$ to bow down to.

Every good businessman knows the assumptions they base their decisions on and not every decision is as clearly perfect as the show might have you think.

I want to see him screw up... Because he does. I want to see him clean up a mess he creates, because he has. I want to know why he does the things he does, not just the what.

My favorite way to watch is: Wondering what he would ask me about my businesses and the suggestions he might make.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.