The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane T-SHIRT (to spread the word)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Technically it's a paid ad. We'll see what the boss says about the copy on the link though. This isn't really what we had in mind for the marketplace.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I never used the title of the book on the shirt. Just made a reference of it in the description..
Okay, F*ck it.
If you and MJ see nothing wrong here, then nothing is wrong here.
I just think that you're a scumbag.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
my bad,
didn't see it was the Market place,
and you really don't want to start comparing bank accounts do ya
Z

And once again....

p1g1L.gif

God I love the Fastlane.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
do they rerun the superbowl and give you a free commercial if your shit sucks?

buyer beware imo
My favorite comment from this whole thread

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Ok this is just going to far.. My intention wasn't at all to show off the money have got in my bank account! I paid to have this posted in the Marketplace and all started to go bad because one of the admin start to act funny towards the idea of this t-shirt before realizing his own mistake ! People started to jump in without even trying to find out what happened ! Really hope that you are not doing this to all people posting in the Marketplace because if so that is very sad for this forum and the one trying..
its like you didn't read the whole thread or something?

the reason it went downhill is not because of that... but you only see things through one set of eyes with one perspective...

take the lessons given here. adjust your plan and move forward. don't blame the messengers...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If you can, please post other venues where you can get several thousand hits from uniquely interested and qualified buyers to an ad for $9.

You can barely even get a homeless person to cross the street for $9.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
all started to go bad because one of the admin start to act funny towards the idea of this t-shirt before realizing his own mistake

Dude, look - although we normally would leave a marketplace thread alone, since someone has paid for it - you should also take the feedback here for what it is worth;
1) The thread has now gotten more exposure/views than it would have without the controversy
2) When a product idea is bad, your potential customers should be able to tell you (especially if they are somewhat offended by the idea)

This thread didn't go bad because of what a mod or anyone thought of it. It went bad because your product really came across as trying to piggyback off of MJ's fastlane book/concept without even offering a share to him to begin with. And yes - we are aware that you didn't directly use any of his branding, quotes, etc. directly. And yes - MJ himself says he doesn't care. But it would have seemed way more fair to begin with to say "by the way... I have offered MJ x % of the sales" or.. "x % of my sales goes back to the forum somehow, or to a charity of MJ's choice". Whatever. Something. But you basically then went on to brag that you're pocketing 100% off of another person's success.

Even though you're not technically a merchandise 'bootlegger' - you come across as one. It's like making t-shirts based on popular bands or movies - without using any of their trademarks - yet it still seems....hmm...'sketchy' (for lack of better term). And that's why people react to it here.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
In his defense, I think he may have emailed me the idea several weeks ago and offered me a "cut". I don't remember responding simply because I don't have the time, as a I mentioned in several comments above.

Ah ok, good on him then for trying.
(it would have helped him here had he mentioned that he had tried this)

jaypee77

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 6, 2014
Rich Kid you saying " It looks like you're just trying to take advantage of the success of the book." well my answer is very simple :
"- Satisfied customers can be human resource systems who promote your business for free." MJ DeMarco
Even if there is an opportunity to make some $$ there is also an opportunity to promote the forum and the book ! If you can't see it then you have $1495 in your forum account to get yourself a pair of glasses !

For Vigilante and zen******* you seemed to make fun of this, well I joined a nice screenshot for you and I hope it will keep you quiet for a little while !
Everyone has his own journey to success and I can't understand especially after reading the book how people can still try to make fun of other people's method.. Anyway if you like the shirt great you can still get it if not then don't buy it but keep your " Spammy comments for yourself"

Have a good Day !
wUdlKmy.png

D

DeletedUser2

and we see alot of drive by spammers here, and we are not polite about it either. never will we let spammy comments go

they typically have new PARKED posters, with very few messages, and some "BUY MY SHIT" link....

my bad, was I didn't notice this was "the marketplace"

so good luck, and good job.

you still have a long way to go.
Z

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Okay, F*ck it.
If you and MJ see nothing wrong here, then nothing is wrong here.
I just think that you're a scumbag.
I guess, I jumped too fast. You might not be a scumbag.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Oh don't worry zen******* I won't go this far. As you can see 70k are "Parked" there waiting for me to cash them in so it gives you a preview of what can be on my bank account
meh

Maybe I should do a t-shirt on your suggestion everyone?!
Ding Ding!

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh don't worry zen******* I won't go this far. As you can see 70k are "Parked" there waiting for me to cash them in so it gives you a preview of what can be on my bank account ;)

Maybe I should do a t-shirt on your suggestion everyone?!
I have a feeling that zen******* SPENDS more per HOUR running his company.....

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Everyone else, please remember that someone has PAID for this thread - so please have some respect - its not a lounge post.

This is what I like about these Marketplace Ad threads, like reddit ads, people can comment and leave their thoughts. If your ads sucks you get told about it. [it would be cool if we could 'upvote' these ads similar to reddit ads]

D

DeletedUser2

Every time he gets a comment on this thread, its a DO OVER in a way, its a viral share, its a MORE PEOPLE LOOK HERE vote. so ya,

we kinda help fuel this.

he got feed back too! I wish people would comment as much on my ads, I might learn something about my product, ad, conversion etc.

so views didn't suck to bad.

its the offer/conversion that could use some help
Z

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Dude, look - although we normally would leave a marketplace thread alone, since someone has paid for it - you should also take the feedback here for what it is worth;
1) The thread has now gotten more exposure/views than it would have without the controversy
2) When a product idea is bad, your potential customers should be able to tell you (especially if they are somewhat offended by the idea)

This thread didn't go bad because of what a mod or anyone thought of it. It went bad because your product really came across as trying to piggyback off of MJ's fastlane book/concept without even offering a share to him to begin with. And yes - we are aware that you didn't directly use any of his branding, quotes, etc. directly. And yes - MJ himself says he doesn't care. But it would have seemed way more fair to begin with to say "by the way... I have offered MJ x % of the sales" or.. "x % of my sales goes back to the forum somehow, or to a charity of MJ's choice". Whatever. Something. But you basically then went on to brag that you're pocketing 100% off of another person's success.

Even though you're not technically a merchandise 'bootlegger' - you come across as one. It's like making t-shirts based on popular bands or movies - without using any of their trademarks - yet it still seems....hmm...'sketchy' (for lack of better term). And that's why people react to it here.
Great minds think alike, some express themselves more eloquently than others.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.