The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane T-SHIRT (to spread the word)

jaypee77

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 6, 2014
Ok this is just going to far.. My intention wasn't at all to show off the money have got in my bank account! I paid to have this posted in the Marketplace and all started to go bad because one of the admin start to act funny towards the idea of this t-shirt before realizing his own mistake ! People started to jump in without even trying to find out what happened ! Really hope that you are not doing this to all people posting in the Marketplace because if so that is very sad for this forum and the one trying..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Ok this is just going to far.. My intention wasn't at all to show off the money have got in my bank account! I paid to have this posted in the Marketplace and all started to go bad because one of the admin start to act funny towards the idea of this t-shirt before realizing his own mistake ! People started to jump in without even trying to find out what happened ! Really hope that you are not doing this to all people posting in the Marketplace because if so that is very sad for this forum and the one trying..
its like you didn't read the whole thread or something?

the reason it went downhill is not because of that... but you only see things through one set of eyes with one perspective...

take the lessons given here. adjust your plan and move forward. don't blame the messengers...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
It looks like you're just trying to take advantage of the success of the book.

Not to mention the website link makes it seem as if it was brought to market by MJ. 'Brought you here by the Fastlane Forum'

Also, the copy is horrendous. Whoever wrote it can't speak english.

All around shady.
richkid isn't not an admin... the first admin to comment did so exactly as he should have...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If you can, please post other venues where you can get several thousand hits from uniquely interested and qualified buyers to an ad for $9.

You can barely even get a homeless person to cross the street for $9.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
all started to go bad because one of the admin start to act funny towards the idea of this t-shirt before realizing his own mistake

Dude, look - although we normally would leave a marketplace thread alone, since someone has paid for it - you should also take the feedback here for what it is worth;
1) The thread has now gotten more exposure/views than it would have without the controversy
2) When a product idea is bad, your potential customers should be able to tell you (especially if they are somewhat offended by the idea)

This thread didn't go bad because of what a mod or anyone thought of it. It went bad because your product really came across as trying to piggyback off of MJ's fastlane book/concept without even offering a share to him to begin with. And yes - we are aware that you didn't directly use any of his branding, quotes, etc. directly. And yes - MJ himself says he doesn't care. But it would have seemed way more fair to begin with to say "by the way... I have offered MJ x % of the sales" or.. "x % of my sales goes back to the forum somehow, or to a charity of MJ's choice". Whatever. Something. But you basically then went on to brag that you're pocketing 100% off of another person's success.

Even though you're not technically a merchandise 'bootlegger' - you come across as one. It's like making t-shirts based on popular bands or movies - without using any of their trademarks - yet it still seems....hmm...'sketchy' (for lack of better term). And that's why people react to it here.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Here is another design idea... :)

uyJzhmJ.jpg

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Dude, look - although we normally would leave a marketplace thread alone, since someone has paid for it - you should also take the feedback here for what it is worth;
1) The thread has now gotten more exposure/views than it would have without the controversy
2) When a product idea is bad, your potential customers should be able to tell you (especially if they are somewhat offended by the idea)

This thread didn't go bad because of what a mod or anyone thought of it. It went bad because your product really came across as trying to piggyback off of MJ's fastlane book/concept without even offering a share to him to begin with. And yes - we are aware that you didn't directly use any of his branding, quotes, etc. directly. And yes - MJ himself says he doesn't care. But it would have seemed way more fair to begin with to say "by the way... I have offered MJ x % of the sales" or.. "x % of my sales goes back to the forum somehow, or to a charity of MJ's choice". Whatever. Something. But you basically then went on to brag that you're pocketing 100% off of another person's success.

Even though you're not technically a merchandise 'bootlegger' - you come across as one. It's like making t-shirts based on popular bands or movies - without using any of their trademarks - yet it still seems....hmm...'sketchy' (for lack of better term). And that's why people react to it here.
Great minds think alike, some express themselves more eloquently than others.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Here is another design idea... :)

uyJzhmJ.jpg
haha followed closely by respond to Skype :p (I don't need you this moment just sayin LOL)

D

DeletedUser2

or you could have taken this as oh, "not this product to this group, THIS product."

since its a print on demand model, you could have easily adapted, and made several other versions. hell even used the ones that came up here.

no adaptability....

this would be a GOLD lesson, if you put the ego down for a min.

you paid 9 bucks for a cool a$$ lesson. from a community that gives a shit....

I have paid far more for lesser lessons.

Z

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But it would have seemed way more fair to begin with to say "by the way... I have offered MJ x % of the sales" or.. "x % of my sales goes back to the forum somehow, or to a charity of MJ's choice".

In his defense, I think he may have emailed me the idea several weeks ago and offered me a "cut". I don't remember responding simply because I don't have the time, as a I mentioned in several comments above.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
LOL

I am crazy right now you have to forgive me :) lol who am I kidding my typing/writing is a mess all the time LOL

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
In his defense, I think he may have emailed me the idea several weeks ago and offered me a "cut". I don't remember responding simply because I don't have the time, as a I mentioned in several comments above.

Ah ok, good on him then for trying.
(it would have helped him here had he mentioned that he had tried this)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
he should take some of the ideas for the shirts in the thread and cut in a charity for 10% or whatever like someone else mentioned and offer them here :) but on this thread :)

D

DeletedUser394

Still not (not)

Technically that would still make me a mod.

Not multiplied by Not as expressed in the equation not(not) , would be 'not' squared. So I would not not be a mod in that instance, therefore I'm still a mod.

Thanks for almost crushing my dreams of not not being a moderator.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.