The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Very fortunate to live in:
- A Port City
- With a regional airport next door
- And panoramic rooftop access

Lot of times we'll see huge cargo / cruise ships coming in from the horizon. Likewise, tons of private prop planes flying by. Makes for many fun evenings tracking them.

IMG_20230603_111538.jpg

Screenshot_20230603-111739_1.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
I think the greatest decision I've made is in my fitness.

Let's go back.
I'm a very skinny person. Even now, I still weigh almost 20 pounds less than average. I blame genetics and my aversion to water. (which is easier in the summer). I'm also pretty weak, today i'm probably 40th precentile but before I started I couldn't do a single pull-up or run for longer than three minutes or plank. About 8 months ago started karate (tang so do), which I was so weak at but got better and better over time. 6 months ago I started going to the gym but got kicked out, now I do home workouts. I’ve already come so far and I’m going way further.

LETS GO BUDDY WERE ALL GONNA MAKE IT
Careful not to give genetics more blame than they deserve. I graduated high school weighing 100 lbs at 5'10. I thought it was just hard for me to gain weight (particularly muscle) because of genetics. I was very wrong. Your body always perfectly reflects your diet. When I fixed that, my strength and muscle size progress hopped onto the Fastlane. Take a look at the food and drinks you consume and really ask yourself "Is this what my body needs or does it just taste good?" Good luck man!

Last edited:

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Careful not to give genetics more blame than they deserve. I graduated high school weighing 100 lbs at 5'10. I thought it was just hard for me to gain weight (particularly, muscle) because of genetics. I was very wrong. Your body always perfectly reflects your diet. When I fixed that, my strength and muscle size progress hopped onto the Fastlane. Take a look at the food and drinks you consume and really ask yourself "Is this what my body needs or does it just taste good?" Good luck man!
Exactly this. Very similiar boat, I was 90 lbs in 10th grade HS. 185 lbs now.
Food is everything for weight loss and gain, main thing is track your calories and protein with an app. I use cronometer which is free and lets you scan barcodes.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Awesome thread!

Had a lot going on the past couple weeks.

Celebrated 10 year anniversary in Cape Cod

0519231405b.jpg

Adopted a kitten

347007487_3509385239381447_144953594696838427_n.jpg

and built a coffee table

0529231421_HDR.jpg

also stoked now that bike park season is here! Hopefully will be able to ride a lot this summer.

original_58e73a72-9b23-41e6-bdc8-5aeaea2ab5fe_1003201326_Burst02~2.jpg

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Well, I just did a thing for my birthday! (Click image to see the video)

Attachments

• HighlightsMovie.mp4
    25.6 MB · Views: 5

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@Antifragile awesome pictures. This weekend another tour?
Thanks.

As requested :)

I travel for my business and get lovely views from the air.

IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_9876.jpeg

Goodfella999

My biggest regret is not starting sooner
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Apr 29, 2022
South FL
I'll go 2nd.

Been training brazilian jiu-jitsu for 2 years now, and I've got to say it's one of the best investments I've EVER made. Period.

If you're someone who struggles with making connections (building a network) or friends because you just don't have many people around you, I encourage you to join a BJJ school.

A lot of the people I train with have not just become lifelong friends, but a lot of them are also doing really cool stuff. A lot of people in this sport seem to be weirdly in love with entrepreneurship.

Specifically, I'd recommend joining a school that has franchises. The most popular one is Renzo Gracie schools which are all over the place.

If you sign up for a Renzo Gracie school, you also get free access to other renzo gracie schools while travelling.

You also get this "unity" effect when you train at a school like Renzo Gracie, where if you visit one that isn't your main spot, you'll get treated as family.

Personally, I've trained jiu-jitsu in different states and all around my state in different towns, and I've probably made 150-200 REAL friends thus far, which is so insanely cool.

The coolest thing about jiu jitsu is that when it's man vs man, and you battle it out with someone, the amount of respect you have for each other is unmatched.

Think about how much respect you'll have gained and given to others after training with 1,000 partners.

One of the greatest sports ever!

PS: if you want to read a great book on BJJ, check out "Breathe" by Rickson Gracie

View attachment 49052

I started training a few weeks ago with Alliance. Really fun so far and no egos at the gym. Grappling is exhausting. It reminds me of my boxing days as a teenager at the local boxing gym. Unlike football, there is no one to save you when you run out of gas. I started investing in real estate this year and BJJ which was one of my goals.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I'll go 2nd.

Been training brazilian jiu-jitsu for 2 years now, and I've got to say it's one of the best investments I've EVER made. Period.

If you're someone who struggles with making connections (building a network) or friends because you just don't have many people around you, I encourage you to join a BJJ school.

A lot of the people I train with have not just become lifelong friends, but a lot of them are also doing really cool stuff. A lot of people in this sport seem to be weirdly in love with entrepreneurship.

Specifically, I'd recommend joining a school that has franchises. The most popular one is Renzo Gracie schools which are all over the place.

If you sign up for a Renzo Gracie school, you also get free access to other renzo gracie schools while travelling.

You also get this "unity" effect when you train at a school like Renzo Gracie, where if you visit one that isn't your main spot, you'll get treated as family.

Personally, I've trained jiu-jitsu in different states and all around my state in different towns, and I've probably made 150-200 REAL friends thus far, which is so insanely cool.

The coolest thing about jiu jitsu is that when it's man vs man, and you battle it out with someone, the amount of respect you have for each other is unmatched.

Think about how much respect you'll have gained and given to others after training with 1,000 partners.

One of the greatest sports ever!

PS: if you want to read a great book on BJJ, check out "Breathe" by Rickson Gracie

View attachment 49052
Mike, I completely understand what you mean about family. I completed a three-day trial the other week and I think I found my BJJ home. Everyone is like family, treats you well even if you're new, and everyone is so humble and willing to learn/teach. There hasn't been anyone that I was afraid/avoid to drill with yet.

Completed that three-day trial the other week and just today I finally signed up! I would've done it last week but was grieving.

Decided that this was the place I wanted to call my home and signed up today and I also got my gi today! Cheers to starting my journey!

For anyone anxious about entering a BJJ gym, just know that the hardest part is actually entering the gym. The unknown is intimidating... But I now know so many more nice people. I encourage you to visit the gym you're wondering about, I'm sure there will be many who are willing to help you and be your friend.
1686024820027.png

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Mike, I completely understand what you mean about family. I completed a three-day trial the other week and I think I found my BJJ home. Everyone is like family, treats you well even if you're new, and everyone is so humble and willing to learn/teach. There hasn't been anyone that I was afraid/avoid to drill with yet.

Completed that three-day trial the other week and just today I finally signed up! I would've done it last week but was grieving.

Decided that this was the place I wanted to call my home and signed up today and I also got my gi today! Cheers to starting my journey!

For anyone anxious about entering a BJJ gym, just know that the hardest part is actually entering the gym. The unknown is intimidating... But I now know so many more nice people. I encourage you to visit the gym you're wondering about, I'm sure there will be many who are willing to help you and be your friend.
View attachment 49182
Many think the hardest belt to get is black.. That's wrong..

It's white. Because most people never get started.

a black belt is a white belt who never quit.

Congrats man!

The Autobahn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Mar 2, 2013
Switzerland
I was curious how the things are in the other side of the earth, and went to Hongkong and Macau from Switzerland few weeks ago.
I researched there are 70 USD Billionaires in Hong Kong. Also very poor people.

But I have now a bit of a sense what's going on in the Daily Hong Kong and "China's Las Vegas."
There are also business opportunities there. For example I noticed there could be better Customer focused Car services. Like in Europe.

Overall i can say that the City is very clean and safe, travelling with English is no problem.
I have shot so much photos of that city, but that would hijack the thread.

IMG_20230507_174312.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230507_165850.jpg
    IMG_20230507_165850.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 18

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Wilderness backpacking - it helps to keep old men young. This photo is the Maroon Bells area in CO. Headed to the Beartooths in MT next months for five days of off trail adventure.
B9832BD8-C3EA-49D2-8667-CF4E3BDD98FD.jpeg

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
IMG_0304.jpeg

Golfing today for the first time in over a decade. It’s slowly coming back to me… having a good time.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hate to be the first to post a buzzkill, but I had to euthanize my loyal companion, best friend, and co-worker last night.

I'd love to write something poignant and meaningful, but I'm devastated and words cannot describe the pain and hollowness I now feel. My wife and I tried to spend every moment with him in his last days, and I feel incredibly grateful that we had the opportunity to do so, so I apologize if I haven't been around much, and certainly not cheery.

My beloved Hachi was with me and my wife everyday for the last 9 years since the first day we rescued him from the pound.

IMG_2338.JPG

It happened so fast, and so unexpectedly.

He was fine 1 month ago, running, galloping...

And now he's gone.

Cherish those you love, because you never know when they might be gone a few days later.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Dallas Office views from my day job.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpeg
    IMG_0595.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0596.jpeg
    IMG_0596.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0597.jpeg
    IMG_0597.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0598.jpeg
    IMG_0598.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 19

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Hate to be the first to post a buzzkill, but I had to euthanize my loyal companion, best friend, and co-worker last night.

I'd love to write something poignant and meaningful, but I'm devastated and words cannot describe the pain and hollowness I now feel. My wife and I tried to spend every moment with him in his last days, and I feel incredibly grateful that my wife or I had the opportunity to do so, so I apologize if I haven't been around much, and certainly not cheery.

My beloved Hachi was with me and my wife everyday for the last 9 years since the first day we rescued him from the pound.

View attachment 49243

And now he's gone.

Cherish those you love, because you never know when they might be gone a few days later.
I’m sorry for your loss MJ. I’m sure Hachi was a great dog even though many of us have never seen/met him in person.

As my friends/close family says, family always comes first. Even if they’re pets!

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I'd love to write something poignant and meaningful, but I'm devastated and words cannot describe the pain and hollowness I now feel. My wife and I tried to spend every moment with him in his last days, and I feel incredibly grateful that my wife or I had the opportunity to do so, so I apologize if I haven't been around much, and certainly not cheery.

I'm very sorry to hear that, MJ. A house that used to be filled with joy and energy provided by a dog suddenly feels terribly empty and dead.

I grew up with a dog. When she passed away (thankfully we weren't forced to euthanize her, she died shortly after a surgery) I was devastated as well.

To this day, I know that I'll never have another pet. For me it's too much to handle, knowing that the dog will almost certainly die before you, guaranteeing immense pain when it happens.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico

View attachment 49243

And now he's gone.

I'm so sorry for your loss, MJ.

I similarly lost my baby girl a year and a half ago. She was my best friend, my adventure buddy. She was just a few weeks shy of 11 years old but still full of energy, no arthritis, etc. She just suddenly collapsed and was gone. I miss her so much.

Although traumatic and devastating, I hope you can find even just a little comfort in your cherished memories and find some peace in knowing you rescued him from a likely sad and/or short life and that he had a high quality of life right up until the end.

He will always be with you.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To this day, I know that I'll never have another pet. For me it's too much to handle, knowing that the dog will almost certainly die before you, guaranteeing immense pain when it happens.

The joy he added to our lives is immeasurable.

I'll take this immense, heart-wrenching pain in exchange for the lifelong memories I have with him. That's the price of having a dog that becomes woven into the fabric of your life, from errands, to travel, to hobbies, to work, to bedtime. I get it that for a lot of people, the price of having part of your family suddenly disappear, is too much to bear.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
View attachment 20230609_102510.mp4Today I was outside with the musical band painting shirts for the big rap battle against the choir.
It felt like being 10 all over again but this time I didn't get bullied.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016

I'd love to write something poignant and meaningful, but I'm devastated and words cannot describe the pain and hollowness I now feel. My wife and I tried to spend every moment with him in his last days, and I feel incredibly grateful that we had the opportunity to do so, so I apologize if I haven't been around much, and certainly not cheery.

View attachment 49243

And now he's gone.

Sorry for your loss. It sucks and dogs should live longer.

I have a good little boy myself and he's better at calming my anxiety more than anything else in the world. He's going on 9 this year and has some mild health issues and I'm always mindful and appreciative of the time we spend together.

The connection and love you can establish with a dog, an animal that's entirely different than the human, is simply astounding. It's also quite interesting how dogs can't speak yet communicate so well through their body language and other nonverbal cues.

I'm skeptical of people. But I trust my dog – his love is unconditional.

I haven't been in your situation before, but I've heard adopting a new dog helps a lot. It'll never replace your other dog, but it's got its own little personality and it's still a dog that does dog things. A friend of mine who was very, very attached to her dog did this after hers died (it died slowly and painfully, unfortunately). She has had a new friend for the past 3 years that she's equally in love with.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
but I've heard adopting a new dog helps a lot.
I think it depends. I had a friend who suddenly lost her dog and rescued another one within a month and it helped her a lot.

I waited about 6 months. It was totally unexpected and rather impulsive. I saw my now rescue pup, Klaus, posted on Facebook and just something about his picture ... I felt like it was my girl, Xena, looking back at me. I felt her presence so strongly just by seeing the post. I had seen dozens of other dog adoption/rescue posts and had even helped someone adopt a dog (I fostered her for a few days until they could get her) and none of it felt right, it felt super painful to have another dog in my apartment. It was really confusing and scary to be mourning Xena but also feeling a strong urge and need to adopt Klaus. It still wasn't easy bringing him home, but there was some kind of underlying feeling of peace about it. Klaus and I just came up on one year together and we're building a wonderful bond. I still mourn my loss of Xena, and will always miss her. It just doesn't feel wrong to love Klaus at the same time.

I think rescuing new dogs after losing our beloved long-term companions is a wonderful way to honor the ones we've lost. But, I think the timing of that works on an individual basis. And I totally understand how it can be too painful for people and they never want to adopt another pet. I think whatever one does after losing a fur baby has to feel right and not be forced.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016

View attachment 49243

And now he's gone.

There was a post on reddit once that asked the hypothetical question: if you could add a zero to anything, what would you choose? The obvious answers are paycheck, bank account, etc. The top rated answer was "I would add a zero to my dog's life span because he deserves it." I'm truly sorry for your loss, Pets mean a lot to their family.

On the bright side, you gave him several extra years with you and your family because you had the financial freedom to value his life over a few thousand dollars. I'm sure you don't regret that decision for even a second and he loved every second of it too. Again, sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
This is why their are so many senior dogs at the shelters. People do not want to have a dog for 1-3 years because of this. They would rather get a puppy. However, I'd rather get a senior dog and provide it its best life in its remaining years. I can deal with the grief knowing that its had the best years of its life.

I would encourage you to rethink this position. The immense pain eventually becomes happy memories. I know a few people who have the same reasoning as you and have never gotten a dog again.

I've been through this many times and each time I feel it makes me stronger and more aware of life and time. Also, it made me realize that life is not all about me. Part of our time on earth is to make the life of others better. Right now there is a dog out there that is sitting in a shelter that you could be giving a great life to. If the only trade off between your and its joy and happiness for many years is a relatively short period of grieving and pain, you should make that trade 100% of the time.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.