The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The importance of Google Maps My Business profiles

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
One thing I have seen a lot of small businesses not do is to create a full, detailed profile for their business on Google that shows up on Google Maps. This doesn't apply to digital-based businesses but for brick and mortar or services businesses, this is one of the best free services available.

For example, my cousin hired him to build his company website late last year. He owns a mobile auto glass business (I just took over managing it this week). I noticed he had no online presence except a half-a$$ attempt at a Facebook page. He had built a six-figure business with no online work at all.

I established his Google Maps profile including company name, industry, hours, counties serviced, phone number, website, lots of pictures of cars he fixed, and some info about his business. I put this up along with his website but his website took a while to get any traffic. In the first month, over 350 people visited his Google Maps listing. 6 months later and it is over 700. He is so busy now he had to bring on 2 part-time techs to handle traffic.

Besides Google Maps, there is Bing, Yahoo, Yellowpages.com, Yelp, Foursquare, Whitepages, Angie's List and more. These offer free business listings that serve as free advertisements. Yes, most people use Google but millions still use these other services too. These steps should not be skipped because they offer tremendous value for a bit of your time.

Have you ever searched for a business online to solve a problem and came across a profile on Google that was nothing more than a business name and address? No pictures, no hours, no nothing? Do you shop there? I immediately skip over those profiles and so do a lot of other people.

75% millennials search online before buying anything. 47% of people who search Google Maps for a business to solve a problem buy within 24 hours per market research. Don't miss out. It only takes 30 to 45 minutes.

Also, sometimes Bing and Google send coupons for free online ads for companies with an established profile.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.